Sodexo

Sodexo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sodexo
General Manager Fionn McCool's (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours

One of the biggest catering company in the world

Lots of potential for growth

Learned about Prime Pubs restaurant operations
worked with great staff
Conference Room Coordinator (Former Employee), mississaugaMay 25, 2015
Pros: lunch included
Cons: long hours, under staffed, lack of management
long unappreciated hours spent to complete tasks and uncompensated for efforts. Management was not consistant with company policies.
Good Job Environment
Dishes, Catering (Former Employee), RichmondMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: N/A
Good people make up a good place to work and interact. I enjoyed the positive employees I worked around and the support presented.
was a fun workplace table tennis darts and pool table.
Janitor (Former Employee), minto mine site yukon canadaApril 30, 2015
Pros: bills at home are really low so is food cost
Cons: nowhere to go and blow off steam when in a mood.
A typical day at work liked the busyness, made your day fly by. I learned a lot about team work, and how to be used to isolation working in camps, i never had problems in that department. Co workers are just like a family treat people with respect and thts what u get in return, but you always end up working with the unreliable types and unruley types thats life. Hard part of the job is no privacy, enjoyable part of the job is making new friends etc you cant name all the things. Was a fun workplace
regular work environment , contractual agreement
Shipping/Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 27, 2015
Pros: a few perks and benefits through sodexo website
Cons: Contract work. Limited room for advancement and networking through corporation.
Sodexo is an equal yet fair company/organization to work for. A big global corporation, so most of it is through contract work through different divisions.
good employ but no communication
Chef d'équipe, Musée canadien de l'histoire (Former Employee), 100 rue laurier GatineauApril 21, 2015
Pros: ...
Cons: long hours, working every week-end
My day starts buy counting the safe, give the break to the employ, do the inventory and after that give the lunch break. After the lunch i can try to have my 30min of lunch and then i need to supervised the cafeteria, the coffee express and the restaurant at all time, sometimes i dont even have the time to eat.At 3h00pm i need to help the employ to close the cafeteria and count and balance there cash, do the deposit and write my report of the day on each department.
I didn`t have a good formation as a supervisor and a cashier.
My co-workers are good but they don`t take there job seriously.
The hardest part of my job is to work every week-end, iv`e been working every week-end for the pats 2 years with no possibility of having 1 week-end off without losing hours.
Friendly and Fast
Cook, Server, Cashier (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free food, benefits after 3 months
Cons: Fast paced
The job involved serving the same group of customers every day, as the Sodexo was within a manufacturing plant. This allowed getting to know the customers on a personal basis; the best part of the job. However, one must keep in mind that workers are given a set time period for breaks, and service must be swift as well as friendly. It is an easy balance to achieve after a while.
After hours activities provided such as fitness center and games room
Camp Attendant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 5, 2015
Fast paced environment and I enjoy that aspect of my job. Even though it's repetitive there are enjoyable diversions such as meeting and talking with the clients. My co-workers and I together with management work together. The hardest part of my job was being laid off.
low skilled workforce, gm out of touch with reality of day-to-day operations
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 21, 2015
one of the largest employers in Kingston (600) 100 are fulltime unionized positions making 20.00 per hour but the other 500 work 20-25 hours per week at 11.00 per hour thus making a large wage disparity for employees who perform the exact same tasks and many low skilled workers
always a productive day at work
Multi-Service Worker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: seeing my coworkers everyday
Cons: my manager wasnt very friendly
a typical day at work would be setting and preparing meals for our patients at The Burnaby Mental Health and Addiction Centre. attending to patients needs. cleaning cultery.
Diversity and Inclusion at work everyday
Office Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: working in many enviorments
Cons: contracted work
Multifaceted facilities management company with many roles in many business environments from health care, manufacturing to campus services.
Fast paced, busy yet fun job.
Receptionist for Sodexo (Former Employee), Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Mississauga, ON.January 19, 2015
Pros: always met new people, and workplace was just an 8 minute drive from home.
Cons: the management provided very little or no support at all.
Learned something new almost every single day of work.
Challenged my multi-tasking and time management skills and bettered it all the time.
Acquired strong product knowledge.
Always kept Client interest above everything for which a great deal of appreciation was received.
Cafeteria
General Helper (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Great people, very multi cultural, over twenty different countries, good daytime hours, uniform, training, making food as a team, heavy duty equipment
Progressive Company with great vision and values
District Manager Corporate Services and IFM (Former Employee), Western Canada: AB, BC, MB, SKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: diverse, inclusive, proactive
I spent eight fantastic years working for Sodexo and truly enjoyed the experience, the opportunities and the professional development.
For a camp, it's a great place to be.
kitchen helper-prep- (Former Employee), Mayo, YTDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free meals and room
Cons: 12 hours a day for two weeks. two weeks off.
I enjoyed working in the kitchen, and my boss was an awesome chef and had great taste in music. My co-workers were really nice people and I had no problems with anybody. Wish to be apart of this team again someday would be awesome, but to those looking for a great pay and meeting new people..this is the job for you.
great environment
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free food great view
Cons: heavy lifting and walking around
i enjoy working with people and i met all sorts of people from cultures to religions and ethnicities. i had amazing view of the airport and had free food in the lounge
Good job for Uni Students
Bartender (Former Employee), KingstonDecember 5, 2014
Very flexible with hours. Not hard work - very simple tasks. Friendly staff and most importantly, GREAT HOURS!
easy going place. lots of things to do.
Primary Store Clerk (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONNovember 14, 2014
Pros: all your food and logdeing were free
Cons: being away from family
When I worked at the store It was a lot of fun as I only had one boss and he would just let me do my own thing. But when I had a question my boss was always willing to give me a helping hand to make sure that I understood. The bosses that I had are great to work for because they were always willing to teach me everything there was to know about the store. from the ordering to the stocking of the store.
The hardest part of the job really didn't have anything to do with the work. It had a lot to do with the fact that you are away from home.
But on the same since the best part of the job was that I got to meet a lot of different kind of people.
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 3, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: working the night shift
My day at work was very enjoyable. It was very busy and time went by fast. My people skills got better getting to know all that worked there.

Management was great to work with.

My co-workers were awesome people. Was great to be able to work with a good group.

The hardest part of my job was the hours as I worked the night shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with so many different people and getting to know each person on a personal level.
Worked in a factory cafeteria
Line Cook (Current Employee), Guelph, ONOctober 19, 2014
Pros: variety. everyday provides a new challenge.
Cons: wages need to be improved
I've had the ability to learn and expand my self, which I took the initiative to do.

Sodexo is a global matrix company, many things get lost in the cracks and go unnoticed or maybe people notice, but do not care. A person in a management position should be a true leader, and unfortunately this is not always the case. I don't feel that people try their hardest because it is easy to hide in such a large company. I enjoy my job butt the Chef makes it hard to come to work sometimes. I get frustrated because I see other people doing the bare minimum and getting by with not repercussions

They need to have a better control over staff members breaks Smokers seem to get 3X more breaks then the employees that do not smoke.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more