Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

Worst company I ever worked for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 2, 2016
A typical day of work was preventative maintenance and dealing with client requests as well as arranging for contractors to be on site.

Management and workers are have the "us against you" attitude. Nobody had anybody's back. Backstabbing and lying is a part of Sodexo culture.

Coworkers were fine on a good day

Hardest part of the job was putting up with all the fake promises from management

Very bad communication within the company.
working for sodexo
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTJune 8, 2016
A typical day work was good, long hours, lots of work to do, stayed busy.

I learned more how to be fast at my job, work well with others,

Management, well I did enjoy working with one of my managers, the other not so much. But I did like my job overall.

My co-workers were awesome, I liked working with them very much, they had a good sense of humor, awesome personalities. They made working that much better.

The hardest part of my job was all the laundry we had to get done in just a couple days.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with everyone, they all had such good moods for working, everyone in camp was so friendly, the food, the food was good, loved waking up to having breakfast cooked, or supper every night cooked and really good.
Pros
free food, people in camp
service driven
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCApril 16, 2016
Cleaning an disinfecting arhcc in Abbotsford
detailed cleaning skills and how to strip and wax commercial flooring
management are very service oriented
staff were great people that really cared about the people
having clients pass away was the hardest part of the job
watching as long term clients got to go home
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Just a very poor company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2016
Security wise it is just a very poor company to work for very low pay and absolutely no appreciatton for employees. My boss is very disrespectful when dealing with employees and the employees themselves seem to have a high lack of common sense and education
Productive, easy going atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, I find that I work alone majority of the time. Not much training I was put to work right away.The hardest part of the job is when I need more training, in different areas instead of being thrown to the wolves. You learn pretty quick some guess work.
Pros
great people to work for.
well maintained and cleanly
Food Prep/General Food hall attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 17, 2016
my work experience here included high maintained cleanliness, and fast past tedious procedures such as filling up food bar, and checking costumers in and out.
Pros
free lunch or dinner on break
Cons
lots of repetition
Great People, Great life.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp near Little Long River, Kapuskasing, Ontario.April 11, 2016
Great Company, Great People, Love the Camp Job - It has its own wonderful discipline.
The co workers and the client in a way become a family bringing on achievements for both.
A very refined work culture, the pace is thrilling, and it is a kind of second home.
easy work,cheap meals
Custodian (casual) (Current Employee) –  Bushell Park, SKJune 12, 2016
its an ok place to work,learned how to strip wax floors, co-workers are good. hardest part is moving equipment, management seems alright,just general coustodial
Pros
cheap meals, eaze of work
Cons
some of shift start times
a fast paced environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCDecember 26, 2015
great team work by other employees with decent pay very hard work and you need to be very fast with what your doing and able to handle working in a kitchen with lots of oither things going on and stay on track there was some things that could be deakt with better like the confidentality and staffing procedures like addressing work place bullying
Pros
thorough training
Cons
management under educated
Location:St-Joseph's Hospital
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Terrible management skills, and when you work above and beyond you don't even get a thank you. A lot of favourites. All the employees including full-time are all hawks and snakes. Its a good paying job, but just don't talk to anyone, trust me. Go to work and work, do your job and leave.
Cons
Takes a very long time to get on full time, over 5 years.
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  cnrlJune 9, 2016
co- workers are great there, management puts a lot of stress on the works some times, but I've also learned a lot there.
hardest part of the job is its very fast paced.
great place to work.
Pros
great people
Cons
fast paced
Cashier, Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 20, 2016
Great people to work with, team overall and like family staff.

Morning shifts are the best but overall any shifts. Management was well run through with the support that you would need.
Nice people to work with
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Forrest Kerr CampMarch 23, 2016
Well worked for them a few years ago had a good time,Like to come back and work for them again. Like i said everybody is a team player very clean and if you need help someone is there to help you.
Sinple cleaning Job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  CAApril 7, 2016
Simple cleaning with skills to learn, most enjoyable was when I get to run the Tennant T7 scrubbing machines. Overall Great company with chances to advance
Pros
Monthly Parties
Cons
N/A
Remote location - mining camp, one road in and one road out. Very big adjustment compared to all other job assignments.
Camp Manager (Former Employee) –  outside Sicamous, B.C.November 2, 2015
Job was a challenge. 300 minors, had to put 3 people in two rooms, by figuring out the rotations and ensuring no over rides. Managed 30 First Nations staff in kitchen and housekeeping. Responsible for inventory in kitchen and commissary.
Pros
Spent a lot of time and got tto be friends with co-workers
Cons
Long ways from home
A good place to work.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Otterburne, MBMarch 17, 2016
I like the working environment. They always focus on the quality of care for their customers.Get along with others and great place to work.
productive and fun plus my benifits
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
even though im working too early in that days. I really enjoyed my job and also I love helping my customers. And further, my working hours is very convenient to my ad to my family
It's a good company and a decent salary
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 10, 2016
It's a good company. They give a good salary and the people are friendly. good training ground and helpful management team.
Good
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
one two three four five sixjskahdakjsdah askjdhaskjdhsakjdh asjkdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhasmdn ,n,samdnasdjsakdhsakjdhsakjdhaskdhj
Pros
jknjk
Cons
jkhkj
Very diversified company that works hard to be all inclusive and accepting.
General Manager, Rainy River Project. (Former Employee) –  ONSeptember 14, 2015
Large large Global company. A very good company to work for. Strong values with includes very impressive diversification stats. Company lives it's values and these values are visable to employees.

Currently limited number of new projects which has resulted in limited opportunities for project staff.
Pros
Diversified company
Cons
Limited Project opportunities.