Sodexo Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great People, Great life.
Manager (Former Employee), Camp near Little Long River, Kapuskasing, Ontario.April 11, 2016
Great Company, Great People, Love the Camp Job - It has its own wonderful discipline.
The co workers and the client in a way become a family bringing on achievements for both.
A very refined work culture, the pace is thrilling, and it is a kind of second home.
Nice people to work with
Camp Attendant (Former Employee), Forrest Kerr CampMarch 23, 2016
Well worked for them a few years ago had a good time,Like to come back and work for them again. Like i said everybody is a team player very clean and if you need help someone is there to help you.
A good place to work.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee), Otterburne, MBMarch 17, 2016
I like the working environment. They always focus on the quality of care for their customers.Get along with others and great place to work.
It's a good company and a decent salary
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 10, 2016
It's a good company. They give a good salary and the people are friendly. good training ground and helpful management team.
Team meetings everyday
Custodian (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
Taught me to be a leader, Hard working, Mopped,dusted,sweeped, team player,cleaned different locations all the time.
Temp. File Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Good opportunities to advance, super nice people, helpful. Very professional. Good work hours, good pay. Lots to do. Good overall.
Productive, easy going atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: great people to work for.
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, I find that I work alone majority of the time. Not much training I was put to work right away.The hardest part of the job is when I need more training, in different areas instead of being thrown to the wolves. You learn pretty quick some guess work.
Could be made a better place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Friendly atmosphere.
Patience , Customer Service
Management could be better
Fun to work with.
Wages below the mark
Cooking
Good
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: jknjk
Cons: jkhkj
one two three four five sixjskahdakjsdah askjdhaskjdhsakjdh asjkdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhaskjdhasmdn ,n,samdnasdjsakdhsakjdhsakjdhaskdhj
productive and fun plus my benifits
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
even though im working too early in that days. I really enjoyed my job and also I love helping my customers. And further, my working hours is very convenient to my ad to my family
Location:St-Joseph's Hospital
House Keeper (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Cons: Takes a very long time to get on full time, over 5 years.
Terrible management skills, and when you work above and beyond you don't even get a thank you. A lot of favourites. All the employees including full-time are all hawks and snakes. Its a good paying job, but just don't talk to anyone, trust me. Go to work and work, do your job and leave.
a fast paced environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 26, 2015
Pros: thorough training
Cons: management under educated
great team work by other employees with decent pay very hard work and you need to be very fast with what your doing and able to handle working in a kitchen with lots of oither things going on and stay on track there was some things that could be deakt with better like the confidentality and staffing procedures like addressing work place bullying
the people where very nice when l work there
Cleaner (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 3, 2015
clean of different room in ST Mary Nursing Home of cleaning rooms and the people that live there were very nice they would say good morning when l when in to clean where they live
Not the worst in the industry
General Manager - Mount Logan Lodge (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 21, 2015
Enjoyable work environment. The team I headed was exceptional - very skilled at what they do and was a pleasure to work with them.
Impossible Demands, Constant Criticism, Counterproductive Equipment
Janitor (Current Employee), Prince George, BCNovember 13, 2015
Pros: The work team is a group of very nice hardworking people
Cons: Impossible workload, constant criticism and threat of termination, assistant management bully, wage
No matter how hard you try, there will be ongoing criticism from multiple contradicting sources. That said, the ongoing criticism is one of the only indicators of the actual job description. Because of the multiple parties that are making demands, the workload is impossible to complete. Equipment falls apart when you try to use it; when you bring this to their attention, it will be locked out for a week and then returned to you in the same condition with a statement that it is "fixed". Whether you have the equipment or not, you will be hindered in accomplishing the task that that type of equipment is required for. You will then be publicly humiliated on their Wall of Shame which posts weekly audits and a white board that announces shortcomings for all to see. There is also the constant threat of being fired if there are too many "complaints" from one of the sources of your workload.

I have witnessed a worker who was BADLY and permanently injured ON THE JOB, being aggressively treated by assistant management, in front of an audience, as though she were practically a criminal. She is supposed to be receiving assistance to do her "modified" workload; but instead was put working alone in the busiest area of the facility. She has to work through her breaks and stay late (without pay) to get it done, and is in excruciating pain.

Assistant management is aggressive, power hungry, domineering, hypercritical, vindictive, uncompassionate and has no management skills whatsoever. Management put her in that position, because he felt she had potential. Management seems completely – more... oblivious to any of the issues and can't understand why there is such a high turnover rate. It was actually implied to me that I would have difficulty finding things to do. Management believes the Wall of Shame inspires "healthy competition". All it does is discourage a group of already burnt out workers.

Then you will receive your paycheque which will not be enough to live on. It is usually as close as possible to minimum wage. – less
Remote location - mining camp, one road in and one road out. Very big adjustment compared to all other job assignments.
Camp Manager (Former Employee), outside Sicamous, B.C.November 2, 2015
Pros: Spent a lot of time and got tto be friends with co-workers
Cons: Long ways from home
Job was a challenge. 300 minors, had to put 3 people in two rooms, by figuring out the rotations and ensuring no over rides. Managed 30 First Nations staff in kitchen and housekeeping. Responsible for inventory in kitchen and commissary.
long days but nice place to work
EXECUTIVE CHEF - REMOTE SITES - CONTRACTOR/RELIEF (Current Employee), Quebec and OntarioOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: very long hours
Fun place to work. Collegues and supportive management and make this place suite a chance for learning and give to a chance advance to grow
Ok
Audio Visual Media Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Lunch Provided
Cons: No Respect
Need more contact with employees, on day to day basis. Always required to put out fires. No working budget due to poor management.
Learned to manage commissary store.
Administrative (Former Employee), Hess Bome Camp, Eguatorial Guinea Central AfricaOctober 13, 2015
Pros: annual vacation
Cons: low salary
Supportive management, contract includes accommodation, transportation and food. With annual vacation, bonus received depends on you performance evaluation.
Productive days
Janitor (Former Employee), Ft.Mckay A.BOctober 5, 2015
Pros: free food, drinks and sleeping arrangements
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work consisted of 11 hour nights of cleaning up office buildings on site. Driving around from building to building making sure everything is cleaned
Employees