Sodexo Employee Reviews

Great Team!
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Bishops University Sherbrooke13 November 2017
Great working team! Dedicated personnel and employees, always makes sure that students are content and have what they need. Always try to please their clients in the best ways that they can!
Pros
Great team!
Really good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 November 2017
I worked a Sodexo when the virus called H1N1 in 2009 was spreading out. I was a housekeeper clean elevators, doors,entrances... just cleaning and making that nobody would catch the virus. It was a helpful thing to do knowing that I'm saving lives.
Pros
Really Organized: time, schedules and breaks
Cons
No Cons
Productif et agréable
Hôtesse salon VIP air canada (Former Employee) –  Aéroport Pierre Elliot Trudeau30 October 2017
J'adore Travailler Avec le mondes et c'était la bonne place ...les collègues,manager était super je me sentais très à l'aise malgré que je venait d'arriver au canada
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
Pas d'assurance
great
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 September 2017
Sodexo was a fun and family oriented enviorment. All staff was pleasant to work with. I personally lesrnt so much working in all different departments. There was never a dull moment.
Pros
Learning Skills
Cons
provided a safe work place
Housekeeping part time (Former Employee) –  university hospital20 September 2017
a typical day at work would be really long, but that's okay money is money.
I learned how to properly clean and sanitize bathrooms and such
The management wasn't too bad, cant lie it was a little unorganized
inside a air conditioned building
i can say the hardest part of the job was being alone, i like to work with people meet new people and such.
Most enjoying part was clocking out
Pros
3 breaks
House Keeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Iskut, BC28 August 2017
Was a great experience and got to meet alot of nice people. The management were always there when needed.Got to travel to diff towns and city's hope to do again soon.
Pros
Got to Travel to new camps, meet new people, great food and also the management were always the best I've got to work for.
Cons
Wish i could stay longer in the camp
Productive and Fun
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BC28 July 2017
The over all experience was great, the camp was a lot of fun.

The people were very welcoming and would suggest this company to work for. Delicious food too
Free food and free room
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB15 July 2017
12.5hours per everyday. 21 days without day off. This company provides only 7 days off. But you have to waste two days to move to/from the site. This company is besed on food and catering business, not original security company. It is pilot security department of Sodexo. If you hired, you can experience totally different and weird security company. Management may say you can earn big money while you work at the site. Don't be stupid. If you have two jobs in your area, you can make the same amount of money. They may say also everything is free: free food, free stay and free transportation. It sounds like heaven, but it feels like jail. They may say you can enjoy all facilities with no charge: GYM and entertainment centre. You won't have enough time to use those things. Is it possible to use the facilities after 12.5 hours working? I am walking over 18km everyday. If you need free food, free small tiny room and free travel to Northern Manitoba, apply right now.
Pros
Fast money, free food, free room, free transportation
Cons
Bad micro management and low quality work environment
fine job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  surrey hospital30 June 2017
typical day at work,its hard job cause you gonna encounter lots of germs bacteria to the hospital but you need to secure yourself not to get yourself involve thats why we are using gloves, musks etc.
what I learn is to how to used all the different types of cleaning stuff, organized things to clean, and make sure everythings clean and sanitized.
workplace is fine, is doing fine.
hardest part of the job, pressure cleaning the room always make sure everythings perfect and clean sanitized.
the most enjoyable part of the job, is to appreciate all your effort to clean do nicely your job.
Pros
free lunch
Enjoyable
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 June 2017
I worked here as a custodian and really enjoyed it. I worked at my own pace and worked alone making sure all jobs assigned were completed at the end of my shift. The hardest part was hand mopping the very big hallways and the best part was working independently.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Night shift
love sodexo
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CA19 June 2017
i love being working with sodexo inc, i already have almost 2 years working withe them and i really like the team, work environment, and safety trainings
I don't suggest taking a position here
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2017
As a temporary job, Sodexo is a good place to work for.

Full time, I found I was worked past my point of exhaustion, was expected to work (In a kitchen) when ill, and was given written warnings for things that were actually not any fault of my own, but of my superiors.
Pros
free lunch, health benefits
Cons
long hours, belittling supervisors
good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2017
Good Company with many good people. some units are really good others not so much. Experience is very reflective of particular senior management you would report too.
Pros
competitive salary, good benefits
Cons
long hours, some poor managers
fun place to work
Cashier/Cook/Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 May 2017
A fun environment to work in with great people. Full-time hours but not very flexible when a day off was needed. Free lunches and weekends off made the job a great fit at the time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late nights
Free food good staff
prep cook, line cook and shadow (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge university12 May 2017
This job taught me a lot of new skills on how to flourish my appetite for cooking homemade meals how to cut bulk meats and learned how to cook international foods from all around the world. great staff made a loot of new friends at this job.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Seasonal
fun at work
Supervisor and cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 April 2017
Had a blast at wor.
clients were expectant of specific items which made me explore out of my comfort zone.
Had a few issues with some of my management but nothing we couldn't over come.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with staff i picked my self.... there was only 2 of us working there... and meeting new people.
great place to work with great benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
great benefits
awesome work environment
great people to work with
full time hours
very busy establishment
good food
good bosses
followed health and safety guidelines according to health Canada and every employee was updated with WHIMS
Pros
great people
Sodexo
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
With being a large corporate company, I did not feel they were actually interested in safety. They just wanted to focus on making a good appearance, but at the end of the day it was not as rewarding as I had hoped.
Customer Service
food service worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
I worked with the Market Café in the International Center. Had a great team of people to work with. It was always busy as it was across from the airport in Toronto. I worked different hours all the time because I was working two jobs at once But always worked to my potential.
Productive workplace with fun environment
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Otterburne, MB10 March 2017
Sodexo has a great working environment. With the Otterburne location, the environment is conducive for relationship building with co-workers, and for truly enjoying your work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.