Sodexo Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
stewart (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 February 2018
I enjoyed working there and the people was very kind and patient they were always there to show me the right ways to do the job and to do the job safely
Rewarding student job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2018
The hours are amazing , supervisors are super nice , flexible hours for a student , lots of opportunity to accept shifts whenever. long work hours but its totally rewarding at the end. LHSC staff are super friendly also and its a great environment to work at.
bonne culture
Chef éxecutif (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2018
bonne entreprise qui forme bien ses cadres. repasse beaucoup dans la communauté
Pros
formation continue
Cons
toujours refaire des évaluation en fin de contrat pour un nouveau poste dans une autre unit.
Cook's Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2018
A cook has to be willing to move at a quick pace, be versatile, be organized.
Hard working.
Customer Focused
Management is excellent.
Great company to work for.
belle entreprise
Directrice adjointe (Former Employee) –  romaine22 January 2018
J'ai travaillé plus de 7 ans pour cette entreprise. Celle-ci m:a permise d'exploité plusieurs de mes compétences et de me surpasser.
Not enough training
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  windsor, ON4 January 2018
Traning was based on computer knowledge only and not on products being discussed or sold.
Most people quit after a short while due to the pressure and insecurity of the subject
really enjoy my time working in keeyask
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  keeyask MB4 January 2018
keeyask was a very unique place to work for me because its in my back yard only 30 kms from where I grew up but once your there its a different world.
Pros
good hours
Cons
communtiction
All leaves of management are friendly and willing to talk to every leave of employees
Morning Cook / Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 December 2017
I enjoyed working for Sodexo and the people. We had a lot of turn over with the management when I was with them but I stuck it through for 21/2 years and enjoyed the over all experience over all and would love to work for them again.
Pros
family freindly, team players
Cons
short staff, lack of will to do fresh made foods
environnement de travail agréable
cuisinier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2017
la journée commence a 8h et se termine generalement vers 16h, en fonction des evenements qu'il y a, c'est un endroit agreable a travaillé, pas toujours a l'ecoute mais sain
Pros
bonne ambiance de travail
Great company
GM (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 November 2017
Awesome company! I would gladly work for Sodexo until I retire. Global company that provides global opportunity! I know they are also expanding their foot print in other areas beyond food service, which is a good sign as well.
Pros
Supports work life balance
Cons
Need more locations in the West
Great Team!
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Bishops University Sherbrooke13 November 2017
Great working team! Dedicated personnel and employees, always makes sure that students are content and have what they need. Always try to please their clients in the best ways that they can!
Pros
Great team!
Really good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 November 2017
I worked a Sodexo when the virus called H1N1 in 2009 was spreading out. I was a housekeeper clean elevators, doors,entrances... just cleaning and making that nobody would catch the virus. It was a helpful thing to do knowing that I'm saving lives.
Pros
Really Organized: time, schedules and breaks
Cons
No Cons
Productif et agréable
Hôtesse salon VIP air canada (Former Employee) –  Aéroport Pierre Elliot Trudeau30 October 2017
J'adore Travailler Avec le mondes et c'était la bonne place ...les collègues,manager était super je me sentais très à l'aise malgré que je venait d'arriver au canada
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
Pas d'assurance
exp. was quit dedicated...
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Bissett, MB10 October 2017
a typical day was quite , long but it was nice an out in the middle of the wilderness...

the hardest part of the job was the long hours of work...

management was ok not to hard but stricked...
great
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 September 2017
Sodexo was a fun and family oriented enviorment. All staff was pleasant to work with. I personally lesrnt so much working in all different departments. There was never a dull moment.
Pros
Learning Skills
Cons
provided a safe work place
Housekeeping part time (Former Employee) –  university hospital20 September 2017
a typical day at work would be really long, but that's okay money is money.
I learned how to properly clean and sanitize bathrooms and such
The management wasn't too bad, cant lie it was a little unorganized
inside a air conditioned building
i can say the hardest part of the job was being alone, i like to work with people meet new people and such.
Most enjoying part was clocking out
Pros
3 breaks
House Keeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Iskut, BC28 August 2017
Was a great experience and got to meet alot of nice people. The management were always there when needed.Got to travel to diff towns and city's hope to do again soon.
Pros
Got to Travel to new camps, meet new people, great food and also the management were always the best I've got to work for.
Cons
Wish i could stay longer in the camp
Productive and Fun
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BC28 July 2017
The over all experience was great, the camp was a lot of fun.

The people were very welcoming and would suggest this company to work for. Delicious food too
Free food and free room
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB15 July 2017
12.5hours per everyday. 21 days without day off. This company provides only 7 days off. But you have to waste two days to move to/from the site. This company is besed on food and catering business, not original security company. It is pilot security department of Sodexo. If you hired, you can experience totally different and weird security company. Management may say you can earn big money while you work at the site. Don't be stupid. If you have two jobs in your area, you can make the same amount of money. They may say also everything is free: free food, free stay and free transportation. It sounds like heaven, but it feels like jail. They may say you can enjoy all facilities with no charge: GYM and entertainment centre. You won't have enough time to use those things. Is it possible to use the facilities after 12.5 hours working? I am walking over 18km everyday. If you need free food, free small tiny room and free travel to Northern Manitoba, apply right now.
Pros
Fast money, free food, free room, free transportation
Cons
Bad micro management and low quality work environment
fine job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  surrey hospital30 June 2017
typical day at work,its hard job cause you gonna encounter lots of germs bacteria to the hospital but you need to secure yourself not to get yourself involve thats why we are using gloves, musks etc.
what I learn is to how to used all the different types of cleaning stuff, organized things to clean, and make sure everythings clean and sanitized.
workplace is fine, is doing fine.
hardest part of the job, pressure cleaning the room always make sure everythings perfect and clean sanitized.
the most enjoyable part of the job, is to appreciate all your effort to clean do nicely your job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K