Housekeeping Supervisor (ARHCC Abbotsford)
Sodexo is a world leader in facility management and we have a position available at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre. Sodexo is looking for Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team. If you are a customer service driven individual, and you like to keep really busy while you are at work, then this might be a great opportunity for you!
The incumbent serves as a Sodexo front line representative for the service delivery team. He/She is responsible for supervising and directing all activities. He/She will work towards maintaining a solid and mutually beneficial work environment. The goals to be achieved include the highest possible client and customer satisfaction levels, employee relations and employee retention programs as required. In carrying out assigned responsibilities, the incumbent must ensure that all staff under his/her supervision comply with client, corporate and division policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Human Resources Management
- Responsible for compliance with all Human Resources policies and procedures by all employees.
- Assists in the training plan for frontline employees and ensures successful implementation.
- Schedules employees for work according to the collective agreement.
- Leads weekly team meetings with housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for conveying policies and procedures to employees.
- Ensures that frontline employees achieve their performance goals and develops action plans for improvements where needed.
- Provide coaching and progressive discipline to employees not meeting standards.
- Completes and delivers performance appraisals for housekeeping staff.
2. Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Follows the principle of "Managing By Walking Around" to maintain contact with clients, customers and employees.
- Represents Sodexo both professionally and ethically at all times.
- Interfaces proactively with all levels of staff at the account.
- Acts as a positive role model.
- Assists in controlling labour and controllable expenses within their scope.
- Contributes to the achievement of financial goals.
- Completes supply inventory and orders supplies as required.
4. Client and Customer Satisfaction
- Maintains customer/client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention.
- Implements FOSS and CARES behaviours in all interactions.
- Ensures that all employees demonstrate a dedicated service orientation towards customers and clients.
- Responds appropriately to customer concerns and complaints.
5. Program Quality and Standards
- Performs Quality assurance audits on a daily basis and ensures corrective action.
- Performs Glow Germ audits as required.
- Monitors BedTracking and ServiceTracking systems to ensure that jobs are responded to within specification.
6. Health and Safety
- Performs his/her job according to safe work practices, following instructions and using equipment provided.
- Learns the safe way to do his/her job and seeks instruction when in doubt.
- Actively participates in Sodexo's Health and Safety program by undergoing safety training/education, and submitting suggestions and recommendations to the Health and Safety committee.
- Inspects work areas for hazards.
- Ensures that all required equipment and protective devices are used in the prescribed manner (includes his/her personal use).
- Responsible for conveying policies and procedures to employees to familiarize them with Health and Safety responsibilities, safe work procedures and effective application and compliance.
- Reports all incidents/accidents/hazardous conditions promptly.
- Ensures that employees participate in workplace Health and Safety training/education.
Failure to comply with Health and Safety Policies can lead to disciplinary action
- Related Post Secondary Education an asset
- Proven Operations' experience.
- Demonstrated experience working within a diverse team.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand financial data.
- Planning, organizing and effective time management skills.
- General business acumen.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- A hospitality orientation.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems