Heavy– Duty Cleaner Position
Performs various routine cleaning assignments such as garbage collection; sweeping and/or wet mopping of floors; vacuuming of carpets or rugs; auto-scrubbing/buffing of hard floors; stripping and waxing of appropriate floors; carpet and rug shampooing; upholstery cleaning; spot cleaning of carpet and upholstery; washroom/shower stall walls and floors cleaning; stairs and stairwell cleaning; and other tasks as required by the supervisor, manager or client.
- Work from written requisitions or verbal instructions.
- Prioritize urgency of work requests.
- Operate a variety of power and hand tools.
- Assist other Department personnel as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Follow standard and prescribed safety regulations.
- Respond to all facility emergency codes.
- Attend monthly facility-sponsored training sessions
- Assist with snow removal as situation demands.
Maintain professional appearance at all times.
Participate in scheduled department meetings.
Minimum Education–High School preferred
- Generalized knowledge in the use of power and hand cleaning tools
- Generalized knowledge and experience in cleaning chemicals
- Computer literacy
Minimum Skills/Abilities – Able to read, write and speak English adequately to communicate and collaborate effectively with other facility personnel, and complete specialized training such as – GMP Training; Working at Heights/Fall Arrest; Suspended Access Equipment Training; and others as required by Sodexo.
The tasks will mainly require extensive walking, lifting up to 50lbs, repetitive movements, all-weather exterior work, and other conditions as necessary. Overtime work.