Diet Aide Long Term Care
As a member of our food services team located in Aldergrove, you will provide the highest quality of customer service at all times. This role assists dietitians or nutritionists with the food service operation, in performing a variety of duties in a dietary department including ware washing, cleaning of work areas and equipment, serving and portioning of food for patients and residents.
These job duties are generic in nature and are provided to give examples of job duties that may or may not apply to the specific position applied for. Job descriptions for specific positions are available upon request.
1. Assembles patient/resident meal according to menus. An understanding of texture modification is required.
2. Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast. Portions foods for patients and residents according to specified requirements.
3. Assembles items such as sandwiches and salads.
5. Washes dishes and utensils either by hand or machine.
6. Stacks clean dishes and utensils.
7. Receives bi-weekly order from vendors, inspects, downsizes and stores away product.
8. Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, sinks, cupboards, shelves, machines and equipment and spot washes wall and splash areas.
9. Follows HACCP protocol and records temperatures as per HACCP regulations.
11. Removes soiled linen and garbage from work area.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Food Safe level 1 certification.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to coexist with others effectively in a team environment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Must be able to perform duties as instructed in a safe manner.
Serving Clients and Customers
Drive and Dependability
Building a Diverse Team
Managing Employee Performance and Development
Managing Unit Finances
Managing Quality Operations
Providing Quality Food and Facilities Services
When you want to work for a company with the resources and commitment to help you grow professionally, a career at Sodexo could be the answer