About Sodexo “Make Every Day A Better Day”
Sodexo Canada has the position you are looking for. Our Corporate Division is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Carpenter/Painter.
If you aspire to a job where your initiative and creativity will be highlighted every day, where your management skills will be recognized and if that's what motivates you, we have the position you are searching for. Sodexo is the world’s leading provider of food and facilities management services with 12.5 billion dollars (Euro) in sales globally. Every day, more than 380,000 Sodexo employees in 80 countries work to improve the quality of daily life for clients and customers in the communities we serve.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled painter/carpenter. Job tasks will include drywall installation, including spackling, caulking, and painting and other miscellaneous duties. Tasks such as hanging fixtures and other items on wall. You must have the ability to work with stainless steel and experience mounting things on floors. Past experiences in epoxy floor repairs is an asset. This position is on-call and requires night and weekend work from time to time.
This position requires the ability to understand and work in clean room facilities. Attention to detail and high quality work are absolutely required. Investigation and troubleshooting of existing systems is required including the ability to evaluate problems and recommend solutions to issues as well as recommendations to improve operational efficiency. You must be able to delegate and direct the activities of outside contractors including setting task priorities, quality control checks of completed tasks, handling emergency requests and certifying contractor invoices.
Learn, Grow, Develop
· 10 years’ experience in carpentry and painting in commercial buildings, industrial and/or manufacturing environments.
· Self-starter, organized and have the ability to identify and recommend solutions to his/her supervisor.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a larger team.
· Willingness to work overtime and to participate in the after-hours on call rotation to ensure continuous operation of the facilities.
· Experience with ISO9001 requirements.
· Willingness to adhere to all safety standards and to complete tasks safely at all times.
· Serving Clients and Customers
· Drive and Dependability
· Promoting and Supporting Diversity
· Interpersonal Relations
· Managing Employee Performance and Development
· Ensuring Safe and Quality Operations
· Managing Multiple Priorities
· Effective Decision Making
· Providing Quality Services
*A wide array of interesting jobs *Nationwide locations *Tremendous growth possibilities *Continuous learning opportunities *Incentive Plans *Rewards & Recognition *Employee Benefits *Flexible Time *Discounts *Committed to People Development *Promoting Individual and Collective Achievements *Diversity and Inclusion *Corporate Citizenship *Hunger Fighting Initiatives *Environmentally Conscious………… To find out more, come visit us at: www.sodexo.ca
We are committed to equity in employment. We use the masculine in order to lighten the text.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.