Sodexo Canada Employee Review

View all Sodexo Canada reviews

Great pay with helpful co-workers.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Hibernia oil Platform15 January 2014
A typical day starts at 5:45 am. I am responsible for cleaning offices and break rooms on the Hibernia Oil Platform. Sweeping and mopping floors as well as taking out the garbage/recycling. In addition I also wash and maintain locker rooms, washrooms and staff accommodations. Restocking food and supplies in break rooms is also an important task to be done.
It is a good job, as you are kept busy and there is always something to do.
Pros
Pay and time off.
Cons
Lack of work.

Other Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Deceptive company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2017
I was hired on with a group of 9 other people as full time employees with a great benefits package. When we all came to our orientation, we were informed that we would only be hired as part time employees, and that if we weren’t happy with that - then to just go home. They also made it very clear that they can fire us at any time during our probationary period with no valid reason, which made everyone feel that there was no job security here. One of the managers even went as far to say “If I felt like firing you right now just because; I could.” Everyone was fine with that, until the next day it became aware that we were now actually CASUAL employees. So from being promised full time opportunities with benefits, we went to a casual position with nothing. The managers also lied about the location of the job site - they informed everyone that there was one location that we would be working for, however when we started we were informed there were another 4 locations that we may work for but wouldn’t know until we were scheduled for it, which was a total inconvenience to those who did not have reliabile transportation and lived close to the original job site. The company did also not supply efficient training for the job - we spent many days in class talking but only half an hour actually learning about what to do on the job. Totally unimpressed as I was so excited to work for this company and one thing happened after another to make me never want to go back there.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
No hours, lied to employees
Could have been a lot better.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 December 2017
A typical day at work was repetitive. I learned a lot about different ways to clean different messes. I had very little interaction with management. I worked the afternoon hours away from the main building. The hardest part of the job was being overworked and underpaid and under appreciated by my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had customers come up and tell me what an amazing job I do and that they notice how hard I work.
Pros
Got to meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world who came to study here.
Cons
Low wage for the amount of work expected to be done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.