Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Best First job ever
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Stikine, BC14 November 2016
Camp--Have done housekeeping and kitchen with them.
All worked with where great coworkers , Worked as a "family". Hardest part was being away from family/partner for two weeks at a time(out of town),missing special occasions (birthdays,funerals,etc). I Loved the view/scenery ! I met a lot of great people. Was well maintained !
Pros
Great pay and benefits! Very well maintained and a lot of great people.
Disrespectful Management
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
I only worked for Sodexo once!! Heard nothing but good things about this company,so I was excited about working for them .. but that was not the case at this camp.management was disrespectful and ungrateful.. very hard to do a job when this is going on..
Always a busy day
Food and Operations General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
You'll never just be sitting on your hands that's for certain. Everything is always hectic and I am always working later than I need to. The hours are long and the work can be grueling but the perks are worth it and there is always chance for advancement.
Pros
Free food, great benefit package, rrsp, interesting coworkers
Cons
Extremely long hours, tedious paper work, frustrating old mentalities.
Janitor
Janitor (Former Employee) –  scarborough10 October 2016
Management manages you, the mangers and supervisors have limited or no skill set in being a manager added on top they add so much work load that it is merly impposible to finish the work within an 8 hour period. They also play favorites for who they like, and toss garbage when you finish cleaning certain areas, all the time they would drive around the parking lot at night to see if you are completing the work.

Over all the staff is friendly
Terrible
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 October 2016
Never again - made the mistake twice now and will never make it again.

Stay away, don;t make the mistake I did - you will be happier giving this one a pass.
Pros
good food - ususally
Cons
everything other than the food
Great work environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Manitoba22 September 2016
I loved working for Sodexo Canada. Management was amazing, I had good coworkers and it was a fun environment to be in. My days went by fast because we had a lot to do. While working in the kitchen I had a lot of different tasks to do throughout the day. serving hours was the busiest, I had to watch the salad bar, wipe tables and make sure customers needs were met.
Productive workplace
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 September 2016
A high maintained cleanliness, and fast past tedious procedures such as filling up food bar, and checking and ensuring temps. Get team work, lots of back and fourth! Lots of jobs within one work day. Ex, food bar, cash, production, line.
Pros
Meal plan, company groups
Cons
Repetitive
Productive and busy place
Floor Manager/ Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2016
I start my work with Floor and check all the Haccp and Tem. Log with Pre-use Inspection. After that I check the Event Sheet and the function of the day. Check with the staff how they are doing and discuss a topic of the day on the safety or any example on real incident which related to Health & safety. After that I take care of the Billing of the Building as well as taking the payments for the service as well as Inventory, Annual Training for the staff, weekly training.

Take care of the staff schedule & Pay roll. Book the meetings with the supplier. Place an order for all the supplies which needs in the kitchen as well as on the floor some are daily some are twice a week and some once a week. Place coffee order. Also help chef with the menu and put your thoughts. During the lunch check with the client for the feedback.

Get the feedback from the staff about the food and the safety Issue.
Work as a team in the unit. If they need any help on the floor, I will help them out.
Unprofessional adn Unorganized
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Kitimat, BC18 August 2016
I didn't mind the work load.
Management was unprofessional.
We didn't get pain enough for what we did and the dangers we encountered on the RTA site.
Cons
Working around all the dangerous material
needs lots of improvement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB8 August 2016
needs plenty of improvement, not managed well. lots of people not qualified for the positions they have. security does way more than they should and half of the jobs are not security duties. checking baggage in and out for camp staff is not a security duty. sitting at a desk at the kitchen and making people scan their cards is not. collecting carts and trolly's around the camp for other staff is not. checking people into rooms is not. That is only a few of the duties that sodexo makes us do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when you get to go home.
Pros
good wage, meals provided, rooms provided, lots of ammenities
Cons
long hours, poor management
Good company to work for.
Chef de production (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 July 2016
I worked as a kitchen manager for a hospital in Montreal. I got full support from my superiors. The salary and benefits were good. I would return to Sodexo as a manager anytime.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Sodexo Catering Inc.
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2016
Working at Sodexo was an opportunity for me to open my door to the cooking cultural world. I was semi experimenting with homemade dishes but working with the real seal chef to discipline myself to work up to showing my skills in a more international coperational setting, I learned various kinds of cuisine such Japanese, Chinese, polish, western and southern foods , India foods etc. I was introduced to the catering spectrum and buffet spectrum, overall it was a great experience to learn and gain new knowledge.
horrible place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sechelt8 June 2016
Horrible manager!!Allowed staff to bully and belittle staff until they quit.Most staff think they own the company and yell and scream at each other all the time.Manager and supervisor have no control over their staff and are defiantly in the wrong position!Sad to see so many good employees leave and the bad stay
Cons
Bad management and bullying
Good Pay ..Terrible/abusive management
Pan Am/Para Pan Am Games (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
I worked here for the pan am games in Toronto and the managerial staff was heavily verbally abusive towards me. My supervisors swore at me and threaten me; the managers wouldn't listen to a word I had to say. I ended up quitting because I literally couldn't take it. It was horrid; but, the hours were good and, I could call off when necessary. In addition, the pay was slightly over minimum wage. I enjoyed my co-workers, we all helped bring each other up. I'd just be careful when working there because they don't listen to lower positions.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, good hours
Cons
abusive staff, long hours, sometime didn't receive proper breaks.
Finance Lead (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MB30 April 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Sodexo so far, but have found that the work life balance is tipped too heavily on the work side. I have been working at one of their remote sites. The staff are great, the managers are easy to talk to and are always willing to help when asked.
Productive and Hardworking
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 April 2016
busy and focused on getting the customers their order.
how to work under pressure and work as a cashier.
management was friendly and easy to get along with.
easy to get along with as well as work with.
Camp was friendly, staff was great
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Hudson Hope, BC27 March 2016
A typical day at work was to consult with the Chef about daily menu and prepare meals for clients with special dietary needs.
Work as part of a team to prepare lunch and dinner. Serve both meals.
Responsible for cleaning up kitchen and salad bar and overseeing preparation of rig boxes sent to crews offsite.
Supervise co-workers when Chef away
Pros
Nice place to live and work
sodexo was a good place if you wanted the same thing everyday not much advancement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  British Columbia21 March 2016
sodexo was a good place to work but not a lot of advancement as it was union and there were not many jobs above what you were hired at.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
not alot of advancement
good environment at the work site.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 March 2016
the co-workers were very helpful. We had a very good supervisor. the most beautiful thing about our job is once we finish we get full money.
Pros
frequent dinner and movie nights
Cons
not flexible with schedule.
Unethical, favouritism, extremely poor management team.
Bilingual Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for, I would not recommend to anyone in any capacity whatsoever. No training provided at all, unethical management team, back stabbing, immature office environment. If you don't fit in you are terminated, albeit with out cause but that does not excuse it.
Pros
not one
Cons
everything

2.9