Sodexo Canada

Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unethical, favouritism, extremely poor management team.
Bilingual Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: not one
Cons: everything
The worst company I have ever worked for, I would not recommend to anyone in any capacity whatsoever. No training provided at all, unethical management team, back stabbing, immature office environment. If you don't fit in you are terminated, albeit with out cause but that does not excuse it.
Fun and comforable place to work
Tim Hortons (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 28, 2015
On a typical day I would come in and automatically help with making drinks/bagels. If there was a long line I would take the other cash and help take orders. It is mandatory to keep the area clean, so I am always cleaning, whether it is sweeping, mopping, wiping counters and etc. Co-workers are usually good and very comfortable to work with, and after a long time of working together it is easy to say that we all become friends. Management knew how to choose appropriate coworkers to add to the team.
good and supportive environment
bartender (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Free Meals
As this is my first professional job, i have learned a lot of this like team work, punctuality, dealing with problems under low supervision.
Impossible Demands, Constant Criticism, Counterproductive Equipment
Janitor (Current Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free toilet paper, nice coworkers
Cons: management tactics
Witnessed management aggressively attempting to intimidate BADLY injured worker. She was supposed to be on light duty with someone to help. She was forced to work (early, late and through breaks) in busiest area of facility Now injury is permanent.

Management knows work load is impossible, yet loads still more on. Whatever cannot be done, you will be written up on the Wall of Shame for. You can be written up for following any of your superiors' instructions. You are expected to work for free to get it all done, then more will be added. There is constant threat of immediate termination. Anyone who questions them too often is the first to go.

If you find a way to make dysfunctional equipment work, that means will be taken away from you. When someone questioned them on that, they found their custodial closet and cart "mysteriously" turned upside down. She was then written up on the Wall of Shame in as many ways as the management member could conceive of.

Do not be fooled by the promise of benefits in 90 days, most people do not survive that long.
Cook
cafeteria (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Nice manager
Cons: They did not do a background check and set me back for my schooling
I had the honour of helping open a new location. Everything was great tell the "chef" was brought in. If it was not for the lie being a Certified Red Seal Chef I would still be with them.
Great Place to Work
Site Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton Health SciencesNovember 12, 2015
Working at Sodexo was great. Many great people to work with. Support from Head Office could have been a little better, but all in all I enjoyed working for Sodexo.
Fast and fun workplace environment
Cook (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
I worked in the cafeteria of a university. The managers and supervisors kept the kitchens organized, and everyone worked together while a well oiled machine. All jobs at all stages of production were treated equally important, as they are. Overall, a great work environment.
Sodexo
Cleaner (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 7, 2015
This job was one of my favourites, besides the oncall shifts, but it worked out alright. Thing i dislike it that this company seems to fire and hire alot of people, just to use when they are busy in the summer or winter, whenever it maybe, i got fired or terminated not knowing what i did wrong, when i know i gave 100 percent everytime i worked. so i lost out on a job i really did like. no on foward i cant be employed by sodexo knowing i got terminated for some odd reason.
Productive and great co-workers
General Help/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Free food and great co-workers
Cons: Management can be better
A typical day of working Sodexo is like any other job place. Come in and sign in. Continue the work of the last crew's shift as you take over, prepare for breakfast or supper. Depending on which shift you were on (Evening/Morning). I was general help so my tasks would vary throughout the day, I would help anyone within the kitchen that needed help. 1st line cook, 2nd line cooks, or 3rd line cooks, baker, deli meats, dish washers, or stocker. I learned to work effectively by simplifying the tasks in order to work efficient and quickly. Management was on par, we had several managers during the period I've worked for Sodexo. Each manager had different personalities, and was often difficult to make out what the manager wanted. Some were more comfortable to talk and work with, others were strict and demanding. Co-Workers were great, I believe if it were not for my co-workers the way they were, I would have quit some time ago. The hardest part of the job was switching shifts, from working in the evening to working in the mornings. I would have to flip my sleep schedule a completely 180 degrees more often than I'd like to. One manager did not see the issue with this. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and getting to know my co-workers.
Great company to work for.
Porter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2015
Always got 40+ hours per week. Great supervisors. Always compensated to your needs. Sodexo took care of a lot of things such as transportation and lunches.
Awful company to work for
Coordonnateur / gestionnaire de bâtiment (Former Employee), Montreal QcAugust 29, 2015
The management promise me support staff - not so! The also said I would get a computer - not so! Found an old one in storage.
Management was not willing to help or to offer training.
It's all about sedexo.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 22, 2015
This place was great to work for, then the management changed and it became horrible. If you had a life outside of that place and aren't there at the drop of a pin, they will penalize, and cut hours, make your work life there not a great time. Basically making you want to quit.
Productive and Fun if you like to work in kitchen
kitchen helper (Former Employee), Mayo, YTApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch was nice
Cons: No cons.
I was only here for a month, because I was suddenly moving due to other half getting job back, but this was one of my favorite jobs. Great environment, great people to work with, and my boss was understanding. I got along with everybody, learned how to make sauces and what not. I mostly enjoyed everything about this job.
Sodexo is poorly structured
EHS Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: Frontline staff
Cons: No job security
Working on a Suncor Site was an excellent experieince, unfortunatley working for Sodexo was not the best experieince. I had a very solid track record and an excellent working relationship with Suncor (the client) and wwas still laid off
Arrogant management people and cheap pay
EX chef (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 17, 2015
Pros: On time pay
Cons: Management
An absolute red carpet management people with no knowledge about food service industry.. The pay is so cheap even for experienced! Management will say ,there is a great oppourtunity to grow but never they ll allow you grow!
Productive.
General Worker (Current Employee), Hamilton ONJanuary 27, 2015
Excellent and well managed staff
It is always a pleasure being able to have your own beliefs without being pressured to conform to something you are not comfortable doing.
was an enjoyable place to work
Fresh fruit prep ,dinning room attendant (Former Employee), NWTJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: room food good benefits good pay
Cons: mean n rude managers who are not people friendly
I enjoyed working in the NWT with Sodexo, when our Manager switched to another area in canada., Sodexo sent us a real him finger of a manager. He never came out his office to greet the clients, wore the same clothes everyday (no not business clothes) just striped shirt and pants. Then they sent us a so called female chef...and she was an even bigger joke. She told the mine managers they could not have seconds at meal times. She would lurk about all night and give our native staff a very hard time. She and the manager are both very rude and irrogent people. Their rudeness and poor attitude eventually caused Sodexo to loose a very good contract. Because of Joan and Johns arrogance lots of people lost their jobs they the loved very much. BhP Billiton refused to do another contract with Sodexo because of these 2 people
Bad Management
Security Team Lead (Former Employee), Gillam, MBDecember 14, 2014
Cons: long hours, bad management, lack of training
Horrible company to work for if your doing security for them....Unprofessional management who like to sweep issues under the rug rather then deal with them.

Lied about rotation and wages just to get you up to staff their sites when they are in need and desparate
poor pay rate and horrible management
Labourer (Former Employee), CNRL horizonOctober 25, 2014
Pros: living in camp
Cons: everything else
this company is horrible to work for, they have a bad pay rate and the management is like abunch of chickens running around with their head cut off. the fact that 99% of the staff doesnt speak english also makes working safely hard because they cant understand what you're trying to tell them. You dont get paid extra for overtime and they only offer 7&7 rotations. the hardest part of this job is dealing with the management and other workers. the only thing i enjoyed was the fact that i wasnt unemployed. theres no chance of advancing in the company.
It had a nice gym as well as the scenary was beautiful
Maintenance (Former Employee), YukonJuly 12, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: poorly managed
My day consisted of working while supervising co-workers and general maintenance around the site from cleaning to pulling parts the hardest part of my job was definitely constantly dealing with bad management therefore, always a constant change over of staff that I would just have to train again but i enjoyed my employment I met a lot of good people!
Employees