Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Finance Lead (Current Employee), Gillam, MBApril 30, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Sodexo so far, but have found that the work life balance is tipped too heavily on the work side. I have been working at one of their remote sites. The staff are great, the managers are easy to talk to and are always willing to help when asked.
Productive and Hardworking
Cashier (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 20, 2016
busy and focused on getting the customers their order.
how to work under pressure and work as a cashier.
management was friendly and easy to get along with.
easy to get along with as well as work with.
Camp was friendly, staff was great
First Cook (Current Employee), Hudson Hope, BCMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Nice place to live and work
A typical day at work was to consult with the Chef about daily menu and prepare meals for clients with special dietary needs.
Work as part of a team to prepare lunch and dinner. Serve both meals.
Responsible for cleaning up kitchen and salad bar and overseeing preparation of rig boxes sent to crews offsite.
Supervise co-workers when Chef away
sodexo was a good place if you wanted the same thing everyday not much advancement
Housekeeper (Former Employee), British ColumbiaMarch 21, 2016
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: not alot of advancement
sodexo was a good place to work but not a lot of advancement as it was union and there were not many jobs above what you were hired at.
good environment at the work site.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 11, 2016
Pros: frequent dinner and movie nights
Cons: not flexible with schedule.
the co-workers were very helpful. We had a very good supervisor. the most beautiful thing about our job is once we finish we get full money.
Unethical, favouritism, extremely poor management team.
Bilingual Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: not one
Cons: everything
The worst company I have ever worked for, I would not recommend to anyone in any capacity whatsoever. No training provided at all, unethical management team, back stabbing, immature office environment. If you don't fit in you are terminated, albeit with out cause but that does not excuse it.
Fun and comforable place to work
Tim Hortons (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 28, 2015
On a typical day I would come in and automatically help with making drinks/bagels. If there was a long line I would take the other cash and help take orders. It is mandatory to keep the area clean, so I am always cleaning, whether it is sweeping, mopping, wiping counters and etc. Co-workers are usually good and very comfortable to work with, and after a long time of working together it is easy to say that we all become friends. Management knew how to choose appropriate coworkers to add to the team.
good and supportive environment
bartender (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Free Meals
As this is my first professional job, i have learned a lot of this like team work, punctuality, dealing with problems under low supervision.
Impossible Demands, Constant Criticism, Counterproductive Equipment
Janitor (Current Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free toilet paper, nice coworkers
Cons: management tactics
Witnessed management aggressively attempting to intimidate BADLY injured worker. She was supposed to be on light duty with someone to help. She was forced to work (early, late and through breaks) in busiest area of facility Now injury is permanent.

Management knows work load is impossible, yet loads still more on. Whatever cannot be done, you will be written up on the Wall of Shame for. You can be written up for following any of your superiors' instructions. You are expected to work for free to get it all done, then more will be added. There is constant threat of immediate termination. Anyone who questions them too often is the first to go.

If you find a way to make dysfunctional equipment work, that means will be taken away from you. When someone questioned them on that, they found their custodial closet and cart "mysteriously" turned upside down. She was then written up on the Wall of Shame in as many ways as the management member could conceive of.

Do not be fooled by the promise of benefits in 90 days, most people do not survive that long.
Cook
cafeteria (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Nice manager
Cons: They did not do a background check and set me back for my schooling
I had the honour of helping open a new location. Everything was great tell the "chef" was brought in. If it was not for the lie being a Certified Red Seal Chef I would still be with them.
Great Place to Work
Site Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton Health SciencesNovember 12, 2015
Working at Sodexo was great. Many great people to work with. Support from Head Office could have been a little better, but all in all I enjoyed working for Sodexo.
Fast and fun workplace environment
Cook (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
I worked in the cafeteria of a university. The managers and supervisors kept the kitchens organized, and everyone worked together while a well oiled machine. All jobs at all stages of production were treated equally important, as they are. Overall, a great work environment.
Sodexo
Cleaner (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 7, 2015
This job was one of my favourites, besides the oncall shifts, but it worked out alright. Thing i dislike it that this company seems to fire and hire alot of people, just to use when they are busy in the summer or winter, whenever it maybe, i got fired or terminated not knowing what i did wrong, when i know i gave 100 percent everytime i worked. so i lost out on a job i really did like. no on foward i cant be employed by sodexo knowing i got terminated for some odd reason.
Productive and great co-workers
General Help/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Free food and great co-workers
Cons: Management can be better
A typical day of working Sodexo is like any other job place. Come in and sign in. Continue the work of the last crew's shift as you take over, prepare for breakfast or supper. Depending on which shift you were on (Evening/Morning). I was general help so my tasks would vary throughout the day, I would help anyone within the kitchen that needed help. 1st line cook, 2nd line cooks, or 3rd line cooks, baker, deli meats, dish washers, or stocker. I learned to work effectively by simplifying the tasks in order to work efficient and quickly. Management was on par, we had several managers during the period I've worked for Sodexo. Each manager had different personalities, and was often difficult to make out what the manager wanted. Some were more comfortable to talk and work with, others were strict and demanding. Co-Workers were great, I believe if it were not for my co-workers the way they were, I would have quit some time ago. The hardest part of the job was switching shifts, from working in the evening to working in the mornings. I would have to flip my sleep schedule a completely 180 degrees more often than I'd like to. One manager did not see the issue with this. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and getting to know my co-workers.
Great company to work for.
Porter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2015
Always got 40+ hours per week. Great supervisors. Always compensated to your needs. Sodexo took care of a lot of things such as transportation and lunches.
Awful company to work for
Coordonnateur / gestionnaire de bâtiment (Former Employee), Montreal QcAugust 29, 2015
The management promise me support staff - not so! The also said I would get a computer - not so! Found an old one in storage.
Management was not willing to help or to offer training.
It's all about sedexo.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 22, 2015
This place was great to work for, then the management changed and it became horrible. If you had a life outside of that place and aren't there at the drop of a pin, they will penalize, and cut hours, make your work life there not a great time. Basically making you want to quit.
Productive and Fun if you like to work in kitchen
kitchen helper (Former Employee), Mayo, YTApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch was nice
Cons: No cons.
I was only here for a month, because I was suddenly moving due to other half getting job back, but this was one of my favorite jobs. Great environment, great people to work with, and my boss was understanding. I got along with everybody, learned how to make sauces and what not. I mostly enjoyed everything about this job.
Sodexo is poorly structured
EHS Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: Frontline staff
Cons: No job security
Working on a Suncor Site was an excellent experieince, unfortunatley working for Sodexo was not the best experieince. I had a very solid track record and an excellent working relationship with Suncor (the client) and wwas still laid off
Arrogant management people and cheap pay
EX chef (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 17, 2015
Pros: On time pay
Cons: Management
An absolute red carpet management people with no knowledge about food service industry.. The pay is so cheap even for experienced! Management will say ,there is a great oppourtunity to grow but never they ll allow you grow!
Employees