Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
pas de securite pour UN poste de gerant
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC12 September 2017
Occupe3 saison et ete tres tranquile.beaucoup info sur sante et securite. Bon lieu de travail pres de chez moi.trop de sante et securite que ca affecte la sante(stress) belle emplacement
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
apres le bon salaire ont offre la porte
Scab
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC9 September 2017
This company brought down a lot of family income, non union pays nothing, handing out little on Under Cover Boss, , you should be embarrassed ,my friends wife and a lot of people lost there jobs because they truck laundry from BC to Alberta really?
Pros
Cons
Not much
Fast paced, fun
Team Lead Supervisor - Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Keeyask8 September 2017
Fast paced environment with very welcoming people to be around. I work 10 hours a day, 21 days. Productive and challenging at times, especially if we are short staff. The pay is good but the hard part of this job is being away from home for so long.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long hours - Over time
Not recommened
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB7 September 2017
I liked the salary. The worksite is not for me. Management is not great. I would not consider keeyask to other people. Not a very fun work. I need a job closer to home.
Opportunities for all to develop skolls necessary to succed.
Food Serviice (Current Employee) –  Alberta19 August 2017
Wide variety of positions in food service and preparation available. Diverse company with emphasis on safety skills. Locations around the world provide advancement opportunities.
Great company to work for
Food Service and Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  East York, ON26 July 2017
Worked for Sodexo for many years and would work there again. Very diverse company. On the cutting edge of food and always updating the program to keep it fresh doe customers.
Pros
People are it's focus
Maintenance
Maintenance Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 July 2017
Management is out of touch the business.. V.P is totally out of touch.. Sure glad i left..
V.P of Operations does not listen to people.. Fighting with internal people every day is part of the job.. So sad.
Pros
nothing
Cons
V.P of operations
Sucursale de l'UQTR
Plongeur et aide cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC20 July 2017
Les gestionnaires ont des problèmes mentaux graves. Désorganisé, manque flagrant de respect. Seul aspect positif: salaire.
Pros
salaire
Cons
tout le reste
great company
Kitchen Prep/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 July 2017
worked there for 6 years, they are a fast paced company, I had done all jobs when I first started there I wanted to more and they couldn't offer it, so I had to move on to something else.
Adore
Aide-cuisinière (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 July 2017
Un endroit plaisant et agréable à travailler.
Cuisiner de la nourriture santé, j'ai adoré
Pros
Belle ambiante
Cons
Travaille de nuit
Good Job
Front Line Staff/Food Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
I liked working at Sodexo for the 5 years that I was there, I basically did front line work while also doing kitchen and catering jobs. The pay was pretty decent, but now I am in Alberta for school but now I need alittle part time job.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Not enough hours
Very happy working for Sodexo
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 June 2017
Very organized and very friendly environment. Management very good and always there for you. The hardest part of the job it is when you get laydoff but that is the way it goes. Most enjoyable your co-workers and your job place.
Fun and professional workplace.
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MB23 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of getting together with my team and making a plan for the days production and activities, from there we would execute and work together to ensure each task was competed.I learned from everyone I worked with no matter their position in the kitchen/company and the management team worked very hard to ensure that our work environment was a great and professional place to be. The hardest part of the job for me was being away from my wife and two young boys and my most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and learned from as well as the amazing team ethic we all had.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Loved meeting all the athletes that participated in the PAN AM games. Everyone always greeted me with a smile and some of the athletes also gave me their PAN AM pins.
A nice summer job that introduced me to the basics of being a busboy
Busboy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
It was a cool experience to be a part of Sodexo for the 2015 Pan Am Games. I was able to help many work stations in need due to the flexibility of the work floor. Not only was i able to gain experience as a busboy, but i also learned work for porters and servers
interesting yet challenging environment.
STOCK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 June 2017
from this job, I was taught a lot of new skills on how to flourish my appetite for cooking homemade meals, how to cut bulk meats plus, I even learned how to cook exotic foods from all around the world with great staff to support me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Salaried staff are treated like gold, hourly are expendible
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ontario14 June 2017
How they grew so much I will never know. Hourly employees are just a commodity. In the few years I have been there staff turnover and firings are worst than a fast food place. Regional manager has no idea what really goes on. Regional manager favourite was promoted but it is kept a secret from staff.(position was never posted). No budget to properly run the department because management gets bonuses for being under budget. Instead of a well oiled multi national I feel like I'm working at a dysfunctional mom and pop outfit. Stay away from Sodexo.
Emploi stable
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC25 May 2017
Bon salaire
Travail d'équipe présent
Assurance collective bonne
Pros
Assurance collective
agréable
Entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Havre-Saint-Pierre, QC20 May 2017
sodexo ma permit de me gaté et de faire plaisir a mes enfant et de me payé de belle chose mes ma surtout permit de payé les apareille dantaire a un de mes fils ci je jaurait pas eu ce travaille je naurait jamain pu lui payé ca.
Pros
logé nouri ces rare de nos jour
Cons
assurange et une bonne chose
Terrible
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 May 2017
I worked for Sodexo for 8 months. Interview went great, but the offer of $21.5/hr was really disappointing; especially with the absence of overtime. I was making $43,000 a year and management was making upwards of $90,000 a year plus bonus. All management did was forward the requests they get from the client to maintenance. Sure they did some clerical work, but really; they did nothing. Our maintenance team was a team of 2. We had 3 managers, a secretary and an accountant. Managers were so proud of cutting any extra pay through overtime ever when the client was charged overtime for projects we did during regular work hours which meant jamming so much work into the work week. Managers told me that since we are on the ground, we need to fight their battles on the ground with the client. It was a very bad working environment.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.