Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Fun and professional workplace.
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MB23 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of getting together with my team and making a plan for the days production and activities, from there we would execute and work together to ensure each task was competed.I learned from everyone I worked with no matter their position in the kitchen/company and the management team worked very hard to ensure that our work environment was a great and professional place to be. The hardest part of the job for me was being away from my wife and two young boys and my most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and learned from as well as the amazing team ethic we all had.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Loved meeting all the athletes that participated in the PAN AM games. Everyone always greeted me with a smile and some of the athletes also gave me their PAN AM pins.
A nice summer job that introduced me to the basics of being a busboy
Busboy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
It was a cool experience to be a part of Sodexo for the 2015 Pan Am Games. I was able to help many work stations in need due to the flexibility of the work floor. Not only was i able to gain experience as a busboy, but i also learned work for porters and servers
interesting yet challenging environment.
STOCK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 June 2017
from this job, I was taught a lot of new skills on how to flourish my appetite for cooking homemade meals, how to cut bulk meats plus, I even learned how to cook exotic foods from all around the world with great staff to support me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Salaried staff are treated like gold, hourly are expendible
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ontario14 June 2017
How they grew so much I will never know. Hourly employees are just a commodity. In the few years I have been there staff turnover and firings are worst than a fast food place. Regional manager has no idea what really goes on. Regional manager favourite was promoted but it is kept a secret from staff.(position was never posted). No budget to properly run the department because management gets bonuses for being under budget. Instead of a well oiled multi national I feel like I'm working at a dysfunctional mom and pop outfit. Stay away from Sodexo.
Emploi stable
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC25 May 2017
Bon salaire
Travail d'équipe présent
Assurance collective bonne
Pros
Assurance collective
agréable
Entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Havre-Saint-Pierre, QC20 May 2017
sodexo ma permit de me gaté et de faire plaisir a mes enfant et de me payé de belle chose mes ma surtout permit de payé les apareille dantaire a un de mes fils ci je jaurait pas eu ce travaille je naurait jamain pu lui payé ca.
Pros
logé nouri ces rare de nos jour
Cons
assurange et une bonne chose
Terrible
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 May 2017
I worked for Sodexo for 8 months. Interview went great, but the offer of $21.5/hr was really disappointing; especially with the absence of overtime. I was making $43,000 a year and management was making upwards of $90,000 a year plus bonus. All management did was forward the requests they get from the client to maintenance. Sure they did some clerical work, but really; they did nothing. Our maintenance team was a team of 2. We had 3 managers, a secretary and an accountant. Managers were so proud of cutting any extra pay through overtime ever when the client was charged overtime for projects we did during regular work hours which meant jamming so much work into the work week. Managers told me that since we are on the ground, we need to fight their battles on the ground with the client. It was a very bad working environment.
Pros
Cons
everything
Busy, Fast paced, safety orientated
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Caronport, SK4 May 2017
I really enjoyed the safety structure with this company, employees customers, client as well as management are always their first concern. Compliance visits although they can be stressful for some kept order and organization.
job security
2nd Cook, 3rd Cook, Cashier, Caterer (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS19 April 2017
its a good place to work overall. you get to interact with alot of different people and cultures. usually work with good co-workers but there can be a few lazy ones who have seniority. it is unionized but union reps. arent always very good. other than that ts a good place.

Want to know more about Sodexo Canada?

Ask a question
Cultural and Co-operating workplace
Food Assistance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2017
Sodexo was my first place of working in new country and i learned the true mean of co-operation and hard work in the company. The whole staff of the company is very truth-worthy.
Il faut etre rapide
Aide cuisine (Former Employee) –  Valcourt, QC7 April 2017
Il faut être rapide car les employer de brp on un laps de temps pour manger
Very unprofessional and management's hands are tied, supervisors are immature children
Server (Current Employee) –  Ontario15 March 2017
Have to wait up to three weeks for tips, they no regard for your survival. Managed very poorly, I'm actually embarrassed and would not even put them on a resume.
Pros
Free meals, I'm never able to take
Cons
Management, .A toxic environment where everyone has a I don't care attitude
I love working with the children..and staff.
Second Cook (Current Employee) –  Carp, ON26 February 2017
I work at Venta Preparatory.a private school located on about 65. acres.in rural carp.
I love working with the staff and students.about 128.
I serve and prepare lunch.speacial diet.ie.glutten free.lactose free.dairy.and vegetarian..
I work alone from 1:30 .till 6pm.
Preparing and serving supper to boarders at this school.
Pros
Good manager.friendly students and staff.
Cons
To much time off.being a private school, 3 weeks christmas.two weeks march break.
Fun and good pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2023 February 2017
Sodexo is good company sellary is good and full Benicia I like my supervisor she is good paid after two weeks I am very glad up their whole team is friendly
Pros
Good pay and full benifits
Cons
Long drive
Fun summer job opportunity
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Working for Sodexo at the Pan Am games was a fun and educational experience. All of the managers were professional and provided me with hands-on training, allowing me to learn quickly and effectively.
Salary is okay but hard work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 February 2017
This company has poor management.
The staff does hard work but not valued by managers.
There's no pay for over time.
Pay is okay but work load is tough.
Sodexo does not care about it's employees
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa on10 February 2017
Regardless of experience or skill level in cleaning, this company has no respect for good workers. They consistently underpay and exploit workers as cheap labor to save money
Disappointing company to work for
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
In 10 years with the company, my initial enthusiasm and pride in working for the company has dropped considerably.
I am still confused as to why I was let go. Upper management emphasized that it wasn't because of performance.
10 years with the company, all for nothing.
Bad place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON27 January 2017
Not worth your time over here. They will fire you in two weeks For no reason and alot of people make up lies. Its nuts worst experience ever here.....
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, no patience, rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9