Sodexo Canada Employee Review

View all Sodexo Canada reviews

don't waste your time
Managing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary29 April 2012
The management here is incompetent. Totally insecure and dysfunctional. Will blame everything that goes wrong on the front-line staff so they can save their pathetic jobs and last another year to loot the company.

Easily the worst food-service provider to work for. If you are working for them, I recommend you take your resume across town. Your skills are needed elsewhere, and other companies will pay much better and treat you much better.
Pros
laughable leadership, "no one cares" attitude
Cons
better to have "prison" on your cv than sodexo

Other Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Deceptive company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2017
I was hired on with a group of 9 other people as full time employees with a great benefits package. When we all came to our orientation, we were informed that we would only be hired as part time employees, and that if we weren’t happy with that - then to just go home. They also made it very clear that they can fire us at any time during our probationary period with no valid reason, which made everyone feel that there was no job security here. One of the managers even went as far to say “If I felt like firing you right now just because; I could.” Everyone was fine with that, until the next day it became aware that we were now actually CASUAL employees. So from being promised full time opportunities with benefits, we went to a casual position with nothing. The managers also lied about the location of the job site - they informed everyone that there was one location that we would be working for, however when we started we were informed there were another 4 locations that we may work for but wouldn’t know until we were scheduled for it, which was a total inconvenience to those who did not have reliabile transportation and lived close to the original job site. The company did also not supply efficient training for the job - we spent many days in class talking but only half an hour actually learning about what to do on the job. Totally unimpressed as I was so excited to work for this company and one thing happened after another to make me never want to go back there.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
No hours, lied to employees
Could have been a lot better.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 December 2017
A typical day at work was repetitive. I learned a lot about different ways to clean different messes. I had very little interaction with management. I worked the afternoon hours away from the main building. The hardest part of the job was being overworked and underpaid and under appreciated by my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had customers come up and tell me what an amazing job I do and that they notice how hard I work.
Pros
Got to meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world who came to study here.
Cons
Low wage for the amount of work expected to be done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.