Sodexo Canada

Sodexo Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It had a nice gym as well as the scenary was beautiful
Maintenance (Former Employee), YukonJuly 12, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: poorly managed
My day consisted of working while supervising co-workers and general maintenance around the site from cleaning to pulling parts the hardest part of my job was definitely constantly dealing with bad management therefore, always a constant change over of staff that I would just have to train again but i enjoyed my employment I met a lot of good people!
Sodexo is a great company to work for!
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 11, 2014
Pros: sodexo had a great benefits plan.
Cons: the management was too highly centralized and inefficient.
A typical night at work would begin by reading the message book. I worked nights and my boss worked days, so we communicated in writing. I filed copies of all messages sent and received.

I would then see who showed up for work, and assign work accordingly. Each staff member had his own job, but I would have to divide up the work of a missing staff – more... member amongst the others if somebody didn't show up. I also would do some of that work myself, too. I'm a firm beleiver in leading from the front.

If I had a full staff on shift, I would often do some extra scrubbing and waxing or carpet cleaning. Keeping on top of this work was not easy.

Machine maintenance was another, although unofficial, part of my job. "Tampering" with autoscrubbers, vacuums or other machines was officially forbidden by Sodexo, but I always fixed machines if and when I could do so. When the choice came between fixing a broken down autoscrubber or leaving a floor dirty for the client to complain about, I always fixed the machine.

The big thing which I learned while being a night shift supervisor for Sodexo was basic administration. I never had to do paperwork in any job before in my working life. Some of the paperwork was downright silly, but some of it was vital, too.

Management at Sodexo was highly centralized, and I found this frustrating. Junior and mid level managers had little control over their local situations, and this led to inefficiencies. Sodexo is run from the top down.

As a supervisor, I had no real co-workers. My staff however, with only one exception, were excellent.

The hardest part of the job was disciplining insubordinate workers. This was sometimes necessary but never nice.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting it done. I could walk out the door at the end of my shift, knowing that the client had a clean building. – less
Good company
General Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Sodexo Canada. Starting a new site is always has its problems but when completed it is full filling.
overall a good company to be employed with
Custodian (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: constantly on your feet
Working with sodexo at Lakehead University was an enjoyable and interesting position. The staff members were friendly and courtious as well as the students.
Great pay with helpful co-workers.
Steward (Current Employee), Hibernia oil PlatformJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: pay and time off.
Cons: lack of work.
A typical day starts at 5:45 am. I am responsible for cleaning offices and break rooms on the Hibernia Oil Platform. Sweeping and mopping floors as well as taking out the garbage/recycling. In addition I also wash and maintain locker rooms, washrooms and staff accommodations. Restocking food and supplies in break rooms is also an important task to be – more... done.
It is a good job, as you are kept busy and there is always something to do. – less
A productive workplace with friendly coworkers.
Salad bar prep (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: always busy
There's a lot to do on an average day. Always something to do. Never bored. I learned how to make various salads. Example ceaser salad, Greek salad and others. Prepared salads for catering orders. Co-workers were knowledgable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of working at Sodexo was learning new things.
Productive and fun setting in a camp atmosphere
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Wuskwatim ManitobaSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: having 1/2 days off on sundays
Cons: 12-14 hour days
Worked daily as a housekeeper camp volume men ratio 300-500. Management was great they were always there to help in matters to be resolved. Co-workers were very team oriented, everyone got along very well. Most enjoyable part of the day was when everyone was in a good mood and everything went smooth. The most hardest of the job was when there was not – more... enough employees to do the job. – less
Loved that I was always busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: dependable hours, benefits
Cons: no advancement opportunities
My day was spent cleaning, working as a cashier, serving, doing dishes, prepping food for different meal times.
Fun, Productive
Food service Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, CanadaDecember 26, 2012
Pros: good discount, good co-worker
Cons: not a lot of full timers
Very nice place to work. A lot of good people, fun, productive, exciting,
Great company
Strategy Intern - Dept. of Strategy and Planning (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: old style
Highly supportive management. Work-life balance is great

August 18, 2012

It is unreal you miss lead and have a employee of the managmet team write this. I know I was told by a in employee that is was just to make a the company look good we are going to alot of contracst soon from big companys here in B.C. So if I were you I would get a new distract manager sooner then later.

Spending 5 years with the company, I thought I would have recieved the support for more growth and I did not...
District Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits and pay.
Cons: executive management was disconnected.
Overall a good company. Senior management had made some poor decisions and others had to deal with the out come. Executives did not want to deal with the major issues.
Aspect agréable de mon poste
Directeur de District - Est du Canada (Current Employee), MontrealDecember 10, 2012
Pros: la diversité des rencontres
Cons: nombreux déplacements
Pouvoir découvrir des cultures différentes, dans des provinces différentes et m'enrichir des contacts avec mon équipe, mes clients, partenaires, employés...

About Sodexo Canada

Sodexo (formerly Sodexho Alliance) is a French multinational corporation headquartered in Issy-les-Moulineaux, France.Sodexo is – Read more