Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Cultural and Co-operating workplace
Food Assistance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2017
Sodexo was my first place of working in new country and i learned the true mean of co-operation and hard work in the company. The whole staff of the company is very truth-worthy.
Very unprofessional and management's hands are tied, supervisors are immature children
Server (Current Employee) –  Ontario15 March 2017
Have to wait up to three weeks for tips, they no regard for your survival. Managed very poorly, I'm actually embarrassed and would not even put them on a resume.
Pros
Free meals, I'm never able to take
Cons
Management, .A toxic environment where everyone has a I don't care attitude
I love working with the children..and staff.
Second Cook (Current Employee) –  Carp, ON26 February 2017
I work at Venta Preparatory.a private school located on about 65. acres.in rural carp.
I love working with the staff and students.about 128.
I serve and prepare lunch.speacial diet.ie.glutten free.lactose free.dairy.and vegetarian..
I work alone from 1:30 .till 6pm.
Preparing and serving supper to boarders at this school.
Pros
Good manager.friendly students and staff.
Cons
To much time off.being a private school, 3 weeks christmas.two weeks march break.
Fun and good pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2023 February 2017
Sodexo is good company sellary is good and full Benicia I like my supervisor she is good paid after two weeks I am very glad up their whole team is friendly
Pros
Good pay and full benifits
Cons
Long drive
Fun summer job opportunity
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Working for Sodexo at the Pan Am games was a fun and educational experience. All of the managers were professional and provided me with hands-on training, allowing me to learn quickly and effectively.
Salary is okay but hard work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 February 2017
This company has poor management.
The staff does hard work but not valued by managers.
There's no pay for over time.
Pay is okay but work load is tough.
Sodexo does not care about it's employees
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa on10 February 2017
Regardless of experience or skill level in cleaning, this company has no respect for good workers. They consistently underpay and exploit workers as cheap labor to save money
Disappointing company to work for
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
In 10 years with the company, my initial enthusiasm and pride in working for the company has dropped considerably.
I am still confused as to why I was let go. Upper management emphasized that it wasn't because of performance.
10 years with the company, all for nothing.
Bad place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON27 January 2017
Not worth your time over here. They will fire you in two weeks For no reason and alot of people make up lies. Its nuts worst experience ever here.....
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, no patience, rude
Fun workplace with manageable work schedule around school schedule
Canteen staff (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS13 January 2017
Typical shift includes meeting coworkers, setting up canteen (making food, opening up window, setting up cash register), proceeding to deal with customers and sales while simultaneously restocking products, then closing canteen and counting money. Boss and management are easy to get along with, very understanding of schedules. Can be difficult at times to keep up with the job while attending school and having a full course load but have been able to manage it with the help of the management and I pride myself on my time management and multitasking abilities.
Pros
Fun work environment, good hours
Cons
Can go late on weekends or week nights
Good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
Good hours, fast paced environment. Great benefits, room to advance. Management was friendly and always ready to help and teach. Cross training for all the staff so you could do something different and cover for someone else.
Pros
Great atmosphere
My job at Sodexo.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 December 2016
I wouldn't bother applying for their jobs. Poor training, and then you are expected to work your butt off. Repeatedly reminded that if you don't take as many on-call jobs as possible, you will be TERMINATED!!! Horrible stress!!!
Pros
nice management
Cons
poor training
Best First job ever
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Stikine, BC14 November 2016
Camp--Have done housekeeping and kitchen with them.
All worked with where great coworkers , Worked as a "family". Hardest part was being away from family/partner for two weeks at a time(out of town),missing special occasions (birthdays,funerals,etc). I Loved the view/scenery ! I met a lot of great people. Was well maintained !
Pros
Great pay and benefits! Very well maintained and a lot of great people.
Disrespectful Management
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
I only worked for Sodexo once!! Heard nothing but good things about this company,so I was excited about working for them .. but that was not the case at this camp.management was disrespectful and ungrateful.. very hard to do a job when this is going on..
Always a busy day
Food and Operations General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
You'll never just be sitting on your hands that's for certain. Everything is always hectic and I am always working later than I need to. The hours are long and the work can be grueling but the perks are worth it and there is always chance for advancement.
Pros
Free food, great benefit package, rrsp, interesting coworkers
Cons
Extremely long hours, tedious paper work, frustrating old mentalities.
Janitor
Janitor (Former Employee) –  scarborough10 October 2016
Management manages you, the mangers and supervisors have limited or no skill set in being a manager added on top they add so much work load that it is merly impposible to finish the work within an 8 hour period. They also play favorites for who they like, and toss garbage when you finish cleaning certain areas, all the time they would drive around the parking lot at night to see if you are completing the work.

Over all the staff is friendly
Terrible
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 October 2016
Never again - made the mistake twice now and will never make it again.

Stay away, don;t make the mistake I did - you will be happier giving this one a pass.
Pros
good food - ususally
Cons
everything other than the food
Great work environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Manitoba22 September 2016
I loved working for Sodexo Canada. Management was amazing, I had good coworkers and it was a fun environment to be in. My days went by fast because we had a lot to do. While working in the kitchen I had a lot of different tasks to do throughout the day. serving hours was the busiest, I had to watch the salad bar, wipe tables and make sure customers needs were met.
Productive workplace
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 September 2016
A high maintained cleanliness, and fast past tedious procedures such as filling up food bar, and checking and ensuring temps. Get team work, lots of back and fourth! Lots of jobs within one work day. Ex, food bar, cash, production, line.
Pros
Meal plan, company groups
Cons
Repetitive
Productive and busy place
Floor Manager/ Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2016
I start my work with Floor and check all the Haccp and Tem. Log with Pre-use Inspection. After that I check the Event Sheet and the function of the day. Check with the staff how they are doing and discuss a topic of the day on the safety or any example on real incident which related to Health & safety. After that I take care of the Billing of the Building as well as taking the payments for the service as well as Inventory, Annual Training for the staff, weekly training.

Take care of the staff schedule & Pay roll. Book the meetings with the supplier. Place an order for all the supplies which needs in the kitchen as well as on the floor some are daily some are twice a week and some once a week. Place coffee order. Also help chef with the menu and put your thoughts. During the lunch check with the client for the feedback.

Get the feedback from the staff about the food and the safety Issue.
Work as a team in the unit. If they need any help on the floor, I will help them out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9