Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Impossible Demands, Constant Criticism, Counterproductive Equipment
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCDecember 7, 2015
Witnessed management aggressively attempting to intimidate BADLY injured worker. She was supposed to be on light duty with someone to help. She was forced to work (early, late and through breaks) in busiest area of facility Now injury is permanent.

Management knows work load is impossible, yet loads still more on. Whatever cannot be done, you will be written up on the Wall of Shame for. You can be written up for following any of your superiors' instructions. You are expected to work for free to get it all done, then more will be added. There is constant threat of immediate termination. Anyone who questions them too often is the first to go.

If you find a way to make dysfunctional equipment work, that means will be taken away from you. When someone questioned them on that, they found their custodial closet and cart "mysteriously" turned upside down. She was then written up on the Wall of Shame in as many ways as the management member could conceive of.

Do not be fooled by the promise of benefits in 90 days, most people do not survive that long.
Pros
Free toilet paper, nice coworkers
Cons
management tactics
Good Pay ..Terrible/abusive management
Pan Am/Para Pan Am Games (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
I worked here for the pan am games in Toronto and the managerial staff was heavily verbally abusive towards me. My supervisors swore at me and threaten me; the managers wouldn't listen to a word I had to say. I ended up quitting because I literally couldn't take it. It was horrid; but, the hours were good and, I could call off when necessary. In addition, the pay was slightly over minimum wage. I enjoyed my co-workers, we all helped bring each other up. I'd just be careful when working there because they don't listen to lower positions.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, good hours
Cons
abusive staff, long hours, sometime didn't receive proper breaks.
Sodexo Catering Inc.
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 20, 2016
Working at Sodexo was an opportunity for me to open my door to the cooking cultural world. I was semi experimenting with homemade dishes but working with the real seal chef to discipline myself to work up to showing my skills in a more international coperational setting, I learned various kinds of cuisine such Japanese, Chinese, polish, western and southern foods , India foods etc. I was introduced to the catering spectrum and buffet spectrum, overall it was a great experience to learn and gain new knowledge.
Fun and comforable place to work
Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 28, 2015
On a typical day I would come in and automatically help with making drinks/bagels. If there was a long line I would take the other cash and help take orders. It is mandatory to keep the area clean, so I am always cleaning, whether it is sweeping, mopping, wiping counters and etc. Co-workers are usually good and very comfortable to work with, and after a long time of working together it is easy to say that we all become friends. Management knew how to choose appropriate coworkers to add to the team.
sodexo was a good place if you wanted the same thing everyday not much advancement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaMarch 21, 2016
sodexo was a good place to work but not a lot of advancement as it was union and there were not many jobs above what you were hired at.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
not alot of advancement
horrible place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  SecheltJune 8, 2016
Horrible manager!!Allowed staff to bully and belittle staff until they quit.Most staff think they own the company and yell and scream at each other all the time.Manager and supervisor have no control over their staff and are defiantly in the wrong position!Sad to see so many good employees leave and the bad stay
Cons
Bad management and bullying
Camp was friendly, staff was great
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Hudson Hope, BCMarch 27, 2016
A typical day at work was to consult with the Chef about daily menu and prepare meals for clients with special dietary needs.
Work as part of a team to prepare lunch and dinner. Serve both meals.
Responsible for cleaning up kitchen and salad bar and overseeing preparation of rig boxes sent to crews offsite.
Supervise co-workers when Chef away
Pros
Nice place to live and work
Unethical, favouritism, extremely poor management team.
Bilingual Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 8, 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for, I would not recommend to anyone in any capacity whatsoever. No training provided at all, unethical management team, back stabbing, immature office environment. If you don't fit in you are terminated, albeit with out cause but that does not excuse it.
Pros
not one
Cons
everything
was an enjoyable place to work
Fresh fruit prep ,dinning room attendant (Former Employee) –  NWTJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed working in the NWT with Sodexo, when our Manager switched to another area in canada., Sodexo sent us a real him finger of a manager. He never came out his office to greet the clients, wore the same clothes everyday (no not business clothes) just striped shirt and pants. Then they sent us a so called female chef...and she was an even bigger joke. She told the mine managers they could not have seconds at meal times. She would lurk about all night and give our native staff a very hard time. She and the manager are both very rude and irrogent people. Their rudeness and poor attitude eventually caused Sodexo to loose a very good contract. Because of Joan and Johns arrogance lots of people lost their jobs they the loved very much. BhP Billiton refused to do another contract with Sodexo because of these 2 people
Pros
room food good benefits good pay
Cons
mean n rude managers who are not people friendly
Finance Lead (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MBApril 30, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Sodexo so far, but have found that the work life balance is tipped too heavily on the work side. I have been working at one of their remote sites. The staff are great, the managers are easy to talk to and are always willing to help when asked.
Productive and Hardworking
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCApril 20, 2016
busy and focused on getting the customers their order.
how to work under pressure and work as a cashier.
management was friendly and easy to get along with.
easy to get along with as well as work with.
good environment at the work site.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 11, 2016
the co-workers were very helpful. We had a very good supervisor. the most beautiful thing about our job is once we finish we get full money.
Pros
frequent dinner and movie nights
Cons
not flexible with schedule.
Sodexo
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 7, 2015
This job was one of my favourites, besides the oncall shifts, but it worked out alright. Thing i dislike it that this company seems to fire and hire alot of people, just to use when they are busy in the summer or winter, whenever it maybe, i got fired or terminated not knowing what i did wrong, when i know i gave 100 percent everytime i worked. so i lost out on a job i really did like. no on foward i cant be employed by sodexo knowing i got terminated for some odd reason.
good and supportive environment
bartender (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBDecember 17, 2015
As this is my first professional job, i have learned a lot of this like team work, punctuality, dealing with problems under low supervision.
Pros
Free Meals
It's all about sedexo.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 22, 2015
This place was great to work for, then the management changed and it became horrible. If you had a life outside of that place and aren't there at the drop of a pin, they will penalize, and cut hours, make your work life there not a great time. Basically making you want to quit.
Cook
cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
I had the honour of helping open a new location. Everything was great tell the "chef" was brought in. If it was not for the lie being a Certified Red Seal Chef I would still be with them.
Pros
Nice manager
Cons
They did not do a background check and set me back for my schooling
Productive and great co-workers
General Help/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day of working Sodexo is like any other job place. Come in and sign in. Continue the work of the last crew's shift as you take over, prepare for breakfast or supper. Depending on which shift you were on (Evening/Morning). I was general help so my tasks would vary throughout the day, I would help anyone within the kitchen that needed help. 1st line cook, 2nd line cooks, or 3rd line cooks, baker, deli meats, dish washers, or stocker. I learned to work effectively by simplifying the tasks in order to work efficient and quickly. Management was on par, we had several managers during the period I've worked for Sodexo. Each manager had different personalities, and was often difficult to make out what the manager wanted. Some were more comfortable to talk and work with, others were strict and demanding. Co-Workers were great, I believe if it were not for my co-workers the way they were, I would have quit some time ago. The hardest part of the job was switching shifts, from working in the evening to working in the mornings. I would have to flip my sleep schedule a completely 180 degrees more often than I'd like to. One manager did not see the issue with this. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and getting to know my co-workers.
Pros
Free food and great co-workers
Cons
Management can be better
Great Place to Work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Health SciencesNovember 12, 2015
Working at Sodexo was great. Many great people to work with. Support from Head Office could have been a little better, but all in all I enjoyed working for Sodexo.
Fast and fun workplace environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 8, 2015
I worked in the cafeteria of a university. The managers and supervisors kept the kitchens organized, and everyone worked together while a well oiled machine. All jobs at all stages of production were treated equally important, as they are. Overall, a great work environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Awful company to work for
Coordonnateur / gestionnaire de bâtiment (Former Employee) –  Montreal QcAugust 29, 2015
The management promise me support staff - not so! The also said I would get a computer - not so! Found an old one in storage.
Management was not willing to help or to offer training.

2.8