Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Could have been a lot better.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 December 2017
A typical day at work was repetitive. I learned a lot about different ways to clean different messes. I had very little interaction with management. I worked the afternoon hours away from the main building. The hardest part of the job was being overworked and underpaid and under appreciated by my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had customers come up and tell me what an amazing job I do and that they notice how hard I work.
Pros
Got to meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world who came to study here.
Cons
Low wage for the amount of work expected to be done
Friendly atmosphere, conviently located close to C-Train.
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
Energetic atmosphere, diverse cultures, strong team building management. Co workers always willing to share the load when needed. Management treats staff with a pizza meal once a month.
Pros
The staff are friendly and make work not feel like work.
Cons
Higher wages would be nice for the hard work that gets done.
Good work place. Fun and lots to learn.
Cook/Cook Assistant/Deitary Aide-Casual On call (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 November 2017
Managers are great with good management and teamwork. I have learned a lot from my colleagues and they gave excellent training. I had a great opportunity from every job positions that I have been trained. I have so much improvement with my cooking skills.
Cons
Sodexho gave me my beginning in healthcare
Supervisor - Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2017
Great exposure to healthcare. Sodexho allowed me to work with amazing smart co workers each day. This was the first time I've worked in a unionized environment where I learned so much
Pros
Great people
Cons
not working directly for the employer was tough
fun place to work
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2017
fun staff, good environment, excellent food. not much opportunity to move up through the company. how ever many different positions available and flexible hours
Pros
vacation
Exhausting
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2017
Poor management, and bad product rotation and prices that are too high for what the product is worth. Stressful work environment and irregular work hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too many
Not a good place to work (appleby college)
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 October 2017
Many problems with management and supervisors. I would report issues about my supervisor and nothing was ever done about it. Manager is extremely unorganized and not very lenient or understanding. Coworkers were very friendly, the executive chef on the other hand is a great leader, friendly, helpful, and understanding.
Pros
Good food, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Bad management and unprofessional supervisor.
best employers in the world
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC22 September 2017
When I got my first job I had just got out of high school to be a dishwasher for Sodexo. The job was tough, for the first month I struggled getting used to so many dishes and learning better ways to improve my system but soon enough I started to rapidly improve and became employee of the month my second month working I became skilled and organized to the point I could finish my job hours early and help other staff or include extra cleaning in my shift. The camp was nice and the people were awesome Sodexo did a really good job and remain number one in rank of best employers!
Pros
Great food and nice camps
Cons
pas de securite pour UN poste de gerant
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC12 September 2017
Occupe3 saison et ete tres tranquile.beaucoup info sur sante et securite. Bon lieu de travail pres de chez moi.trop de sante et securite que ca affecte la sante(stress) belle emplacement
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
apres le bon salaire ont offre la porte
Scab
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC9 September 2017
This company brought down a lot of family income, non union pays nothing, handing out little on Under Cover Boss, , you should be embarrassed ,my friends wife and a lot of people lost there jobs because they truck laundry from BC to Alberta really?
Pros
Cons
Not much
Fast paced, fun
Team Lead Supervisor - Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Keeyask8 September 2017
Fast paced environment with very welcoming people to be around. I work 10 hours a day, 21 days. Productive and challenging at times, especially if we are short staff. The pay is good but the hard part of this job is being away from home for so long.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long hours - Over time
Not recommened
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB7 September 2017
I liked the salary. The worksite is not for me. Management is not great. I would not consider keeyask to other people. Not a very fun work. I need a job closer to home.
Opportunities for all to develop skolls necessary to succed.
Food Serviice (Current Employee) –  Alberta19 August 2017
Wide variety of positions in food service and preparation available. Diverse company with emphasis on safety skills. Locations around the world provide advancement opportunities.
Great company to work for
Food Service and Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  East York, ON26 July 2017
Worked for Sodexo for many years and would work there again. Very diverse company. On the cutting edge of food and always updating the program to keep it fresh doe customers.
Pros
People are it's focus
Maintenance
Maintenance Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 July 2017
Management is out of touch the business.. V.P is totally out of touch.. Sure glad i left..
V.P of Operations does not listen to people.. Fighting with internal people every day is part of the job.. So sad.
Pros
nothing
Cons
V.P of operations
great company
Kitchen Prep/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 July 2017
worked there for 6 years, they are a fast paced company, I had done all jobs when I first started there I wanted to more and they couldn't offer it, so I had to move on to something else.
Adore
Aide-cuisinière (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 July 2017
Un endroit plaisant et agréable à travailler.
Cuisiner de la nourriture santé, j'ai adoré
Pros
Belle ambiante
Cons
Travaille de nuit
Good Job
Front Line Staff/Food Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
I liked working at Sodexo for the 5 years that I was there, I basically did front line work while also doing kitchen and catering jobs. The pay was pretty decent, but now I am in Alberta for school but now I need alittle part time job.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Not enough hours
Very happy working for Sodexo
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 June 2017
Very organized and very friendly environment. Management very good and always there for you. The hardest part of the job it is when you get laydoff but that is the way it goes. Most enjoyable your co-workers and your job place.
Fun and professional workplace.
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MB23 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of getting together with my team and making a plan for the days production and activities, from there we would execute and work together to ensure each task was competed.I learned from everyone I worked with no matter their position in the kitchen/company and the management team worked very hard to ensure that our work environment was a great and professional place to be. The hardest part of the job for me was being away from my wife and two young boys and my most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and learned from as well as the amazing team ethic we all had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.