The Education Coordinator is accountable for the successful operations of the Education program according to the organization’s vision, objectives, and strategic direction. This position is responsible for the efficient operations of all elementary, secondary and post secondary education and is an advocate for education in the community. The After School program also is the responsibility of this position, providing an educational after school program for children aged kindergarten to grade seven. Possessing excellent communication and management skills, the Education Coordinator builds effective working relationships with community groups, funding agencies and other external contacts, and has a clear, results oriented focus on community education development and implementation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Education
- Three to five years program management experience
- Experience supervising and managing staff as well as developing and managing budgets
- Experience working with First Nations organizations in the delivery of AANDC Education programs
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and build effective interpersonal relationships
- Understanding of legislation on Labour Code, Occupational Health and Safety, Privacy and Human Rights, as well as requirements for AANDC
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet, to the intermediate level (capable of using a large number of functions and feel confident using the various programs)
- Recognizes and respects all cultural diversity and has a knowledge of Aboriginal history, language, traditions, and culture
Type of Employment: 35 hours per week, subject to 90-day probation – full benefit package after completion of probationary period
Criteria: Must be able to provide proof of education (if required), have a valid driver’s license, and a completed Criminal Records Check
Application Deadline: SCIB Application Form is required with your cover letter and resume by Friday, September 12, 2014 at 4:30 pm
How to Apply: By mail to 3405 Mountain House Road, Williams Lake, BC V2G 5L5, by fax to (250) 989-2300, or by email and Attention to Band Administrator. Included in the cover letter please state salary expectation and provide three work related references. Complete job description and application form available on line at www.xatsull.com or by pickup at Band Office.