POSITION TITLE: Recruiter of Volunteers
Part Time – One year contract
HOURS OF WORK: 21 hrs / week
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Society of Sharing: Inner-City Volunteers is an incorporated, charitable, non-profit organization that provides services to isolated, lonely and frail seniors and adults with disabilities.
The Society of Sharing is seeking an individual that wants to make a difference in the community. Who has an outgoing personality and creative ideas on how to recruit, retain and increase the number of volunteers. If you are that individual, please read along and apply for the role.
- Initiate, develop and execute volunteer recruitment strategies
- Plan, schedule and make presentations on behalf of the agency as part of recruitment plan.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries regarding the agency programs and services
- Screen, interview and select volunteers.
- Deliver orientation, training and support to volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Program Coordinator to develop materials such as brochures, flyers and forms for recruitment purposes and create volunteer resources (informational and training materials)
- Maintenance of the Agency web page regarding “Volunteer” information
- Assist the Program Coordinator in organizing special events as well as encourage volunteer participation.
- Maintain volunteer database by ensuring volunteer records are updated, and maintain accurate data entry and record keeping
- Provide assistance as required to the Executive Director
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate in Volunteer Management or post-secondary education focused on non-profit management and/or human resources
- Previous experience in volunteer management in the non-profit sector or recruitment
- Strong communicator with highly developed organizational skills and is comfortable making presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Knowledge of resources for senior and adults with disabilities
- Knowledge of working with Web based applications will be an asset
- Excellent computer skills with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Internet research and social media
- Second language skills is an asset
- Travel will be required in this role
The Society of Sharing thanks all applicants for their interest in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.