Manager, Programs and Services
Catholic Family Services of Toronto is a non-profit, charitable organization reflecting the values consistent with Catholic social teachings. The mission of Catholic Family Services of Toronto is to deliver quality services which strengthen family life, and individual health and well-being. For 92 years, Catholic Family Services of Toronto has been helping individuals and families in Toronto, from all religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, to deal with a variety of life transitions and challenges, develop their full potential and move towards a more positive future. A leader in the Catholic social service community, the agency works closely with the Archdiocese of Toronto and its parishes, as well as the broader community and social service sector.
Catholic Family Services of Toronto is currently seeking a Manager for our programs and services who will work closely with the Director, Clinical Services and Programs in the development, delivery and evaluation of programs and services offered by the agency. The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the delivery of a variety of clinical programs and services. In this role the incumbent is also responsible for representing the agency in community events and initiatives; outreach services; and education and advocacy related to Violence Against Women programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master's Degree in Social work, Psychology or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 7+ year’s clinical experience is required.
- Registration (or eligibility for registration) with a professional college
(e.g. College of Social Workers, Psychologists or Psychotherapists).
- Experience working with children and families is required
- Experience in Violence Against Women services is required
- Program development and evaluation experience is required
- Experience working within a unionized, nonprofit environment is an asset
- Knowledge of general management principles, including financial and
human resource management is an asset
- Strong planning, decision-making, leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and serve the needs of diverse communities
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with other
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in proposal and report writing
- Sound computer skills
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check, valid driver’s
license, access to a reliable vehicle and relevant insurance
- Occasional travel will be required
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover letter by April 6, 2014
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED