Reporting directly to the Store Chair, The Store Manager is accountable for the daily operations of two stores keeping in mind the Mission Statement for The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: "To live the gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy". The Store Manager is the business leader for the stores and responsible for operational excellence, including optimizing staff performance, ensuring exceptional customer service, maximizing revenues and delivering front line contribution.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum three to five years of business/marketing/retail experience in a profit or non-profit setting
- Completion of High School and some College or University preferred
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul’s mission
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of retail practices, including merchandising (proportionate display, visual appeal, etc.), market awareness and opportunity development
- Retail business operating and administrative systems, including inventory control, loss prevention and property and asset management
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office and email programs
- Strong analytical skills for sound financial forecasting, planning and operational control
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong People skills, including leading, motivating, communicating, coaching, feedback, performance management and development of thrift store staff and volunteers
- Ability to partner and work with the community
- Able to lift and carry items up & down stairs as needed.
Please forward your resume and the name and contact information of two references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor, by April 3th, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago