Under the leadership of the Employment Development Specialist, the Employment Facilitator is responsible to deliver TSEP vocational planning, employment readiness, job search and employment maintenance services to TSEP consumers.
1. Deliver job search, employment readiness and work maintenance service to TSEP consumers to assist them to progress towards the achievement of their vocational goals in accordance with TSEP policies and procedures.
2. In collaboration with the Employment Development Specialist, develop and prepare diverse and creative program components and tools that will meet consumer needs.
1. Maintain consumer files in accordance with TSEP policy and procedures (case notes, correspondence).
2. Participate in program development by contributing, observations regarding consumer needs, program effectiveness and program gaps and suggestions and ideas for improvement.
3. Participate in promotion of TSEP to potential consumers, referral sources and the community at large through networking activities and by assisting with the development and delivery of presentations and promotional materials.
4. Develop a pool of employers and workplaces receptive to hosting job shadow and work experience placements and to considering TSEP consumers for employment openings by making contacts, presenting TSEP program objectives and methods and nurturing relationships with Thompson employers.
5. Provide job coach support to consumers and employers who request or require one-on-one coaching in the work environment.
6. Participate in staff planning and development activities.
Post Secondary education and experience relevant to the delivery of employment services to consumers with barriers to employment.
Knowledge and experience in adult education.
Knowledge and/or experience of disability issues.
Basic computer literacy.