The Human Resource Generalist will manage, lead and undertake the design, development, implementation and delivery of a broad range of HR services and projects, related to recruitment, organizational development, training, compensation, health and safety, benefits administration and employee relations.
The HR Generalist will provide strategic advice and recommendations to management and staff related to HR issues and new employment standards. The HR Generalist will manage and deliver on individual and HR team projects such as total compensation program, benefits, annual performance reviews, annual policy review, job description updates, etc.
Additionally the HR Generalist will drive recruitment efforts, job postings, and maintenance of candidate database, phone screening and interviewing; develop recruitment marketing material and interview packages; conduct reference verification, prepare offer packages and ensure all required documentation is completed, maintain employee files.
Social Enterprise for Canada (SEC) is proud to be a forerunner in the practice of social enterprise. From its inception the organization was created and structured to act as a vehicle for “social entrepreneurship” to pursue marketplace opportunities to support a community mission and create social value. Our organizational mission statement reflects both the not-for-profit and for-profit environments.
Social Enterprise for Canada promotes integration and equity for diverse populations in need through promoting community development, and providing direct human services for unmet needs.
Services Mission - Through grant funded programs - Promotes integration and equity for diverse populations in need.
Enterprise Mission - Through fee for service earned income programs - promotes integration and equity for diverse populations in need.
- 3 -5 years HR experience with a strong focus on retention preferably in a business environment
- Working knowledge of current human resources theory, principles, practices, and techniques and relevant employment laws of Ontario including ESA, Human Rights and Health and Safety
- Experience working as a member of the Senior Management Team preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent analytic and decision-making skills to provide advice and recommendations to managers on complex human resources issues
- Experience in researching and undertaking the development of human resources as it relates to new initiatives/projects
- Experience in using a variety of employment tracking software applications
- Accreditation and membership in HRPA would be an asset.
Terms of Employment
- This is a part time position of 17.5 hours a week contracted annually from April 1 to March 31
- The position is located at SEC Head Office 17705 Leslie Street, Unit 11, Newmarket
- The position reports to the CEO and VP Enterprise, Social Enterprise for Canada
- Salary is based on $50,000 annually pro-rated to 17.5 hours per week.
Interested applicants may submit a resume to the attention of the Hiring Committee by December 15, 2013 quoting HRG #251013 by email or Fax: 905-953-8241.
We thank all respondents but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.