Sobeys Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
First Job
Customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Was great as a first job for a high school student, not many obligations, flexible, good experience for entry into the workforce.
enjoyable atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Pictou, NSDecember 31, 2015
Pros: working with people
Cons: not enough hours
Cashier:
-ringing threw groceries while maintaining a positive attitude
-cleaning the front end
- taking care of customer’s issues.
Great place to work, great co-wrkers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
Sobeys was a great place to work. My day would usual start early in the mornings on weekends till early afternoon. I was responsible for making sure all the meat & cheese remained fresh and stocked. As well as making special orders and servings customers. When I worked the night shifts was responsible for serving customers, cleaning up and shutting down all the equipment and wrapping the meat and cheese before closing. Most of my co-workers in the deli were older but they were very friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of working in the deli would have to be the early morning shifts preparing everything for the rest of the day in such a short time period. The most enjoyable part of the job by far was talking to the customers and my co-workers. Everybody at sobeys was so welcoming and nice. Just a really great place to work.
alright
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEDecember 14, 2015
Not a great place to work. so many staff that you get under appreciated easily. Only seem to care about what they are taking in as profit
Challending and fun enviornment
Occupational Health & Safety Specialist (Current Employee), OntarioDecember 14, 2015
Excellent company to work for where you are challenged regularly and surrounded by great people. There is always room for career advancement and skills development.
an ok comany to work for
Shipper/receiver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2015
Pros: steady pay
Cons: mirco managemt
an ok company to work for .lost of variety,and fast pased.got to build skids at a fast pass.also people there have to work under persusre.
productive, endless work
Clerk (Current Employee), Humboldt, SKDecember 10, 2015
Pros: helping customers finding what they want
good place to work, there is always something to do. the best part of the job is giving customer service and working along with my colleagues
The job that got my foot in the door
Produce clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: good pay for the work and great co workers
It was my first official job and it was a fun experience with great co-workers and work that always kept you busy and the managers never did wrong by me.
job place ment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), New Minas, NSDecember 9, 2015
had a really good time learning new thing with them..........

love to really work for them........... they try to help when you need help and try to help you learn more..........
diverse and equal workplace
Customer service and product distribution (Former Employee), Halifax, NSDecember 6, 2015
It was great working for Sobeys back in Nova Scotia, the job security and satisfaction was great and the role I was in as customer service was efficient and co-workers were pleasant and so was the manager
Always willing to learn
Assistant Produce Buyer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 4, 2015
Pros: lets me have a good relationship with the vendors
Cons: get the job done even if its going over and above
Proficient and a good team leader. I have always gone over and above to get the job done.

I buy the local produce that is received in to the Edmonton Warehouse.

Always paid attention to service level and shrink.
Fast Pace Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONDecember 3, 2015
Cons: Distane to drive
Working as sobeys was always a joy because of its fast pace enviroment we were never standing around doing nothing and customers would always be flowing through the tills. All my co-workers were extremely welcoming and kind. I actually found it fun bagging groceries it became like a game in my head. The hours were perfectly fit to work around my school schedule and there were lots of open shifts if you wanted to pick up a couple extra hours.
Great, friendly co-workers make work enjoyable and exciting
Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONNovember 28, 2015
At both Sobeys locations I have been apart of, the element that stands out the most for me is the people that work there. Everyone I communicated with was always very friendly and helping if needed. Overall excellent experiences at both locations.
Decent workplace envoirnment
Part Time- Night/Day Crew Grocery (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: night shift
Nice place to work, management was alright ,but did not allow me too personally grow and develop with this job. I learned valuable time management skills as well as quick pace in tasks at hand.
Alright
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Balance work and school reasonably
Cons: Uniform too formal, slow computers
Great coworkers. Uniform is much too formal. The store manager decided it would be a better investment to spend money on 10 new cameras as opposed to better computers/ computer systems.
Ok place for a part-time job, impossible to get full-time
Front End Supervisor/Office Clerk (Former Employee), Fonthill, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: Retail, poor pay, no full-time
It's a good part-time job.

If you show good initiative and work ethic you will be rewarded with more hours.

Pay starts at minimum and really don't get any automatic scheduled raises.
Sobeys
Cashier/Administration (Current Employee), Grand Bend, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: people I met
Cons: not enough hours
code date reports for expired products
seniors delivery program for groceries

when a person did not show up, they called me to cover the shift
Productive, fast-pace job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Very busy, makes shift go quickly.
Cons: A lot of lifting and cleaning
Typical day is very busy. I was lucky to have had great co-workers to help make the shift go by more smoothly. The hardest part of the job would be preparing everything for supper rush. My boss was very understanding.
Fun workplace, with poor managment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 19, 2015
Pros: good break times
Cons: bad managment
Management takes advantage of their position, with a lot of politics and no benefits. But it can be a enjoyable place to work if you don't pay attention to the constant drama.
midnight cashier/ stock person
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Amherstburg, ONNovember 13, 2015
I was a full-time midnight cashier & stock person. Responsible for cashier duties, cleaning of front end as well as putting stock away and facing aisles.