Sobeys

Sobeys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
customer service (Current Employee), airdrieFebruary 7, 2014
helping customers is the best thing of the day. employees are good and nice. good promotions. always glad to be there to help customers
A job where I get to make tasty food for everyone? What more could I ask for?
Ala Carte (Former Employee), 10004 99 Ave, Fort SaskatchewanFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: my co-workers were like brothers to me
Cons: my shift started at 6 a.m.
Sobeys was an awesome job. I love cooking and preparing food for other people, and the people I worked with made it just as fun.

I got to make yummy pizzas, tasty sandwiches, and mouth-watering rotisserie chicken for every customer who needed a hot meal on the go, or a quick and nutritious lunch; Sobeys was definitely a great job.
productive workplace with shared values and goals
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: staff turnover
As a front end cashier the most important was to greet the customers with a smile and interact with them in a friendly manner.
Always make sure that the items they purchase are fresh(example: if lettuce visibly look not fresh we will replace it right away for the customer)
Keep cash register area and front end area clean.
Refill shelves in our area(candies, – more... chocolate bars, gums )
Make sure to have enough change in the till and have our station stock with all is needed to serve the customer well and quickly.
Help our co-workers when needed and work together upfront to make sure it looks good for the customers.
If the customer is not satisfied about something, do our best to make the customer happy (example: customer did not find an item that he wanted from our flyer we will make sure to go find it for him and if not found we will give a raincheck). If the customer still not satisfied we will refer him to the supervisor at the front end.
On the last year I will train the new cashiers. – less
Fresh cut
Fresh cut in produce dept (Current Employee), Edmonton, AbFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: low pay
This company for the most part has excellent management and willing to accommodate my work schedule. Too pay the pay grade is very low and it takes forever to max out. I am saddened that we have to throw out so much produce everyday and fruit & veggie trays on a daily basis.
Good quality work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), AjaxJanuary 29, 2014
I have learned to stock and prepare multiple food items, while building on my organizational skills sorting and placing products on food shelves. Cash handling experience obtained from being a cashier/bagger.
Very organized positive staff.
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJanuary 27, 2014
I did many different jobs within this organization. I would work on the cash and push carts into the store as well. I learned how to deal with customers in a positive way and deal with money. My manager was very good was always happy and supportive. My co workers always talkative and actually allot of them I consider my friends. Hardest part was pushing – more... the carts in the winter. Enjoyable part was talking to customers and putting up decorations for store promos. – less
customer oriented
Cashier (Former Employee), miramichi nbJanuary 24, 2014
loved working for a large company place for everything, everything in its place. enjoyed customers and sometimes worked in different departments
Fun workplace with reliable crew
Night Shift Crew (Current Employee), ParisJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: non organized
Decent company to work for depending on your position, has a great night crew. The worst part of the job would be facing or back stock. A perk of the job would be working with people you like.
Workplace like home
PRODUCE DEPARTMENT CLERK (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABJanuary 21, 2014
A family oriented group who take care of each other and insure each employees needs are met
team environment to work with
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Olds, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free bakery and deli foods in lunch room
Cons: full time hours
Nice place to work with the management and co workers. Learned new ideas everyday especially working at customer service. Experiencing issue with the customer is the hardest part of the job especially in customer satisfaction.
Productive, and fast paced.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free coffee in the break room
Cons: new employees come and go
I have worked both in the front end as a courtesy clerk, and in the bakery as a cleaner. I enjoyed both jobs, and learned a lot about completing things in a timely manner and how to keep things organized. Management at Sobeys like to be helpful and friendly, even working with their employees to ensure work is to customer satisfaction. The hardest part, – more... as with any job is dealing with the public, you can't always please everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends with your co-workers. – less
Productive but fun!
Cashier (Former Employee), Invermere, BCJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: hour lunches
I would punch in and than I would get told what Cashier I would be taking off or what machine I would be using. I learned to memorize all the produce numbers and how to deal with upset customers. The management was awesome. They worked around everyone's needs.The Co-workers were really nice and we all got along. The hardest part of the job was making – more... sure the upset customers were happy or to make them happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and having certain ones come back to see me. Made me feel special. – less
Fun workplace with lack of positive culture.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great selection of food for lunch breaks
Cons: poor compensation
Lack of communication creates a lack of positive culture. Majority of management lacked association with courtesy clerks.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Its a hard place to work as a cashier very stressful and not a well paying work. Management are ok, co-workers are nice and hardworkers. The hardest part is staying on the feet all day and no cares about the employers. The evjoyable part is to meet new people and help them to find stuff they need.
organized
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: variable sifts
Fast to slow pace, meet lots of nice people. Work different shift all days which is nice for organizing week activities.
Productive workplace with a very warm staff and work place environment.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Shelburne, NSJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, hard working staff, kind management, understanding, flexible
Cons: not enough hours, restrictions on piercings
The people that manage this establishment were very kind and easy to work with the whole way throughout my time there. They had a very laid back employee lounge and easy to talk with staff. Always someone to listen to your ideas and thoughts on how to make the work palce better or to improve the customer experience.
Excellent Customers and employees
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Westlock, ABJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: no screening on employees
I enjoyed the gratitude of customers and generally found that employees were willing to teach me new skills. Many staff working in the Grocery department could not speak fluent English so I was confused about certain tasks, but I soon overcame that when I had the manager's friend help me with certain procedures. My sister still works at Sobeys and I – more... would suggest it as an excellent job for a bright high-school student looking to go to university, or somebody wanting to be employed in a workspace with people of all ages and customs. Diversity was a compliment, but I also enjoyed the generativity and happiness of the staff. – less
happy friendly environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSJanuary 2, 2014
i loved working in an environment where you get to know your customers. its a friendly environment. great staff,.
Poor Environment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: unfriendly co-workers
At this job my co-workers where unfriendly not willing to help and expected alot from there workers with little to no help and no positive reenforcement overall not a good experience
i gane a lot of experience during my work with Sobeys
Customer Service Supervisor (part time) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: standin all dayd long
Customer service supervisor shift passing usually under pressure.
I learn a lot about customer service and had the opportunity to work with great people as management and co-workers.
The hardest park - some miscommunications between management and employees.

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more