Sobeys

Sobeys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unpredictablity mixed with multi tasking
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: easy going
Cons: random hours
Shifts were 6 hours long. Working in the deli section involved stocking deli meats and cheeses, slicing meats and cheeses for customers, also cooking and managing food for the hot case side, and receiving orders every Tuesday. The deli section can remain quite, then spontaneously become very busy. Management was very understanding and flexible. The – more... hardest part of the job would have to the moments were you are left alone to manage both the coking hot case side, and slicing meat the same time. The most enjoyable part was working with my fellow employees – less
Very Productive and Fun Workplace.
Sobeys Produce Clerk (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 18, 2014
I come into work and I complete all tasks left for me such as filling the racks with fruits and vegetables or organizing the backroom cooler. I engage in conversation with customers to provide service when it is needed.
It was alright but very tedious and boring
Cashier (Former Employee), Beaumont, ABFebruary 18, 2014
I liked my co workers but I definitely am happy that I left there. It was perfect for a part time job but I wouldn't recommend a full time job there unless you're offered good pay. Being a cashier is very boring and tedious.
Working a Sobeys
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 17, 2014
I would bag peoples orders and get the carts from out side and the baskets
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 16, 2014
A typical day at work was very repetitive, although there was always room to move forward in the company, the management and the co-workers were very friendly and helped you when stuck in a situation.
Exciting Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Rothesay, NBFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: appreciation, friendly, neighborly
Cons: can be hard on the body, standing, stretching, pulling and lifting heavy items.
Fun workplace, team oriented, organized, customer service oriented
Fast-paced workplace; detail-oriented; Worked both under supervision and independently
File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Work duties included but was not limited to:
-maintaining store signage
-preparing the store for weekly and monthly sales and specials
-ensured products scanned for correct pricing

-management team was very professional
negative atmosphere
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: used to get a discounts on lunches, but management took that away
Cons: negative atmosphere in the front end, a true land of "misery"
I was employed by Sobeys for 11 yrs, towards the end, things were just plain miserable, the front end department was in a very sorry state indeed, made it impossible to come into work anymore. the department at this particular location insists on employing indviduals with "special needs" I understand that these individuals need employment, but they – more... should not be employed in customer service, I mean, if you have to tell somebody over 500 times how to do the same thing, day in and day out, it's bit much don't you think?? – less
Call Center
Clerk (Former Employee), North Sydney, NSFebruary 13, 2014
Repetitive job, but the coworkers made it enjoyable. You also had the opportunity to meet and talk to some interesting people from around the world.
The corporate world of grocery (Sobeys) is an amazing environment.
Human Resources-Learning and Development (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: a wonderful experience outside of the medical field.
Cons: i wish they could have kept me on.
Typical day would start with checking all outlets of messages (phone, emails, faxes). However because I worked in Learning and Development, I had to make sure the scheduling for the courses were on point, the amount of participants, food was provided, facilitators were notified as well as the location the course is being held. That was most enjoyable – more... because I was able to communicate outside of my team; meeting colleagues. The hardest part of the job was the anxiety of not really knowing if my job was done efficiently when participants went out for the courses. – less
Team oriented
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Olds, ABFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: team oriented
Cons: takes years to advance
Sobeys is a very team orientated company. If you like people and doing the same thing every day then you will do well here. Some memory skills are needed for UPCs/PLUs, but a few weeks of practice and you'll never forget those codes. The hardest part of the job is the customers. You have to always be aware of them and how ou deal with them. The most – more... enjoyable ipart of the job is how friendly the people are and the constant training. – less
fun workplace
customer service (Current Employee), airdrieFebruary 7, 2014
helping customers is the best thing of the day. employees are good and nice. good promotions. always glad to be there to help customers
A job where I get to make tasty food for everyone? What more could I ask for?
Ala Carte (Former Employee), 10004 99 Ave, Fort SaskatchewanFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: my co-workers were like brothers to me
Cons: my shift started at 6 a.m.
Sobeys was an awesome job. I love cooking and preparing food for other people, and the people I worked with made it just as fun.

I got to make yummy pizzas, tasty sandwiches, and mouth-watering rotisserie chicken for every customer who needed a hot meal on the go, or a quick and nutritious lunch; Sobeys was definitely a great job.
productive workplace with shared values and goals
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: staff turnover
As a front end cashier the most important was to greet the customers with a smile and interact with them in a friendly manner.
Always make sure that the items they purchase are fresh(example: if lettuce visibly look not fresh we will replace it right away for the customer)
Keep cash register area and front end area clean.
Refill shelves in our area(candies, – more... chocolate bars, gums )
Make sure to have enough change in the till and have our station stock with all is needed to serve the customer well and quickly.
Help our co-workers when needed and work together upfront to make sure it looks good for the customers.
If the customer is not satisfied about something, do our best to make the customer happy (example: customer did not find an item that he wanted from our flyer we will make sure to go find it for him and if not found we will give a raincheck). If the customer still not satisfied we will refer him to the supervisor at the front end.
On the last year I will train the new cashiers. – less
Fresh cut
Fresh cut in produce dept (Current Employee), Edmonton, AbFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: low pay
This company for the most part has excellent management and willing to accommodate my work schedule. Too pay the pay grade is very low and it takes forever to max out. I am saddened that we have to throw out so much produce everyday and fruit & veggie trays on a daily basis.
Good quality work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), AjaxJanuary 29, 2014
I have learned to stock and prepare multiple food items, while building on my organizational skills sorting and placing products on food shelves. Cash handling experience obtained from being a cashier/bagger.
Very organized positive staff.
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJanuary 27, 2014
I did many different jobs within this organization. I would work on the cash and push carts into the store as well. I learned how to deal with customers in a positive way and deal with money. My manager was very good was always happy and supportive. My co workers always talkative and actually allot of them I consider my friends. Hardest part was pushing – more... the carts in the winter. Enjoyable part was talking to customers and putting up decorations for store promos. – less
customer oriented
Cashier (Former Employee), miramichi nbJanuary 24, 2014
loved working for a large company place for everything, everything in its place. enjoyed customers and sometimes worked in different departments
Fun workplace with reliable crew
Night Shift Crew (Current Employee), ParisJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: non organized
Decent company to work for depending on your position, has a great night crew. The worst part of the job would be facing or back stock. A perk of the job would be working with people you like.
Workplace like home
PRODUCE DEPARTMENT CLERK (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABJanuary 21, 2014
A family oriented group who take care of each other and insure each employees needs are met

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more