Sobeys Employee Reviews in Canada

Not an easy job
Hot Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 5, 2016
working at sobeys was at first easy until they put me in a new department that i didn't enjoy being in because it was too much work for one person to be able to do it properly. Management was not concerned with employees well being
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I have worked for FreshCo for numerous years and I am pleased with all that I have learned and experienced during my time there.
Pros
Opportunity for promotion
Cons
No cons
Good
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2015
Good working Environment, fast passed and very good staff to work with.

Very fun to be around people,

Not stressfull at all, just a good day at work which leads to me being able to accomplish more because of the experience i gain from my day to day activity.
Pros
Breaks, Long hours, customization hours.
Cons
Far too strict, and by the book
Fun place to work with great employees
Sobeys Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 1, 2016
Great store to work especially if you are trying to build customer service experience. Hardest part is fitting time to do all your tasks because some days are busier than others.
Cons
No employee discount.
Productive fast-paced workplace
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 19, 2016
During a typical day there is always a lot of prep work for the next day, pre-made food and merchandise or customer party platter orders to be done. There is always work to be done, whether it is doing prep work, cooking and serving on the hot side of the Deli, or serving the cold side, cleaning, filling out paper work, keeping the department stocked or organizing the back rooms and department.
not fun workplace with lost of dirt an bad outcomes
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 22, 2015
a typical day at sobeys , id be surprised not to hear someone yelling at another co worker or yelling at themselves , the hardest part of the job was to try an get along with everyone there because no one was socially inclined there
Pros
salary
Cons
hours, management
Not a good work environment
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 15, 2016
Management was terrible, entire team would be yelled at and sworn at.. fount it very unprofessional and an unhealthy work environment. I worked there for 3 months before finally quitting because I was getting so stressed out.
was good when started in 2013. gone down hill since 2014
courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 8, 2016
you would help customers have a good experience, collecting carts through the shift and cleaning the bathrooms and front end in the last 2 hours of your shift.
Pros
10% off on McDonald's in Walmart, 10% during your 30 minute lunch if your purchase was less then $10, alot of friendly part time students
Cons
treated bad, no improvement, toxic workplace, sent you home for the most ridiculous reasons
good friends
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 25, 2016
Not for me anymore. Management has ruined the moral of this huge company and i need a change, We are all just numbers and not people. I had a passion for working for this company but would rather work in a caring company.
Sobey's
Supervisor/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Sobey's provides a great work culture. The employees are extremely delightful, and the managers are very hands-on and appreciate the hard work employees do.
Pros
Managers make work hours flexible for post-secondary students !
Cons
No discount for employees
Good pay, iffy managment
Deli - a la carte clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Working at sobeys, raises come on proper times, however some management is not the best. However, they do show great efforts which is appreciated.
Pros
Great people, decent management, good pay
great job
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBApril 19, 2016
I really enjoyed cake decorating and really found my passion. before working at sobeys I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I came out of that job determined to go into pastry arts some day and open my own bakery
sobeys
GROCERY CLEARK (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ONMay 4, 2016
well working at Sobeys was your classic grocery store where I would stock shelves and receives trucks. But like all part time jobs its not a real job and i would like to find something in the electrical field
Challending and fun enviornment
Occupational Health & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  OntarioDecember 14, 2015
Excellent company to work for where you are challenged regularly and surrounded by great people. There is always room for career advancement and skills development.
Good place to work, not enough hours
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 21, 2016
Sobeys is a great place to start out, it was a good first job. But the hours aren't too great for a cashier when they have more cashiers hired than they need.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Good cashier work
Bakery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2016
I had lots of hours as a bakery Specialist for sobeys, it was good and also worked in customer service sometimes selling cigarettes and lotto tickets.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not good shifts
Great place to interact with the community
Seafood Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 29, 2015
A typical day at Sobeys includes meeting and serving many different members of our community. Every one of those people has a different story and different needs. Getting to know these people was the best part of the job. The position involved a lot of heavy lifting(up to 75 lbs.) and although I had no problem with this, I would consider that to be the hardest part of the job. I was on the management team so I would have to say that we were a great team. We dealt with a lot of part time student employees and they stayed with us usually until they moved on the College or University so I guess they thought we were good to work with. We were like a large family here and I miss it.
Pros
Good pay, Family atmosphere. We were always busy
Cons
Location not good for sales.
Nice people!
HOT/COLD FOOD PREP & SALES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Amazing co workers, typically not a lot of young adults/young teens, a lot of standing, cleaning, not a lot of talking to customers. Short break times.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Standing a lot
friendly place to work
Baker helper (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABApril 8, 2016
Everyone is friendly, willing to help if you have any questions, everyone works well as a team, its fast paced, and its a simple job to do.
Pros
training courses
Cons
working on weekends is a mandatory at least once a month
Extremely disorganzed company.
Evrythng-that is the ask of the cmpy (Former Employee) –  Gta Toronto OntarioDecember 19, 2014
A company that grew from the east coast too fast. Too many chiefs ... all sorts of standards that can change every six months and not all up to speed. Doing things by the book will get you in trouble once things change or if one of the "specialists" didn't get the email.
Extremely disorganized company. Raises only given if they remember, or have given up excuses.
benefits
Cons
disregard to employees at store level, district manager can walk in and not know the names of long term employees