Sobeys Employee Reviews

Found 1,085 reviews matching the search
Relaxed Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 October 2016
Sobeys is another relaxed workplace where you go to have your first real job, easy people and easy shifts make it an appealing place to work while finding a more stable job.
great experience
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 October 2016
This was one of my first real jobs and I enjoyed learning a new industry. I met lots of great people and got good experience working with customers first hand.
Amazing company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON14 October 2016
family like atmosphere, very caring. Focus on customer service and goes the extra mile to make sure customer has what they need. Great asset to the community!
Excellent place to work, really good
Supervisor at the Front End (Current Employee) –  McKenzie Towne, AB12 October 2016
It is a really good place to work, people is very good workers, management is at 100 %
I really enjoy work there, the only problem for my is the schedule time, I can"t be able to work on weekends
Good for students
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 October 2016
This is a good place for students to work. Workers often overworked and under-compensated. Management tends to be disorganized or disinterested in their jobs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
disorganized
very productive place
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  7704 30st SE Calgary6 October 2016
Good place to work,there is always work and at time lots of overtime, also steady work year round, great work environment,automated machinery to make work easier, quite satisfied with management and co-workers, overall good place to work.
Pros
year round work no layoffs
Cons
hours
The place was alright at best
Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB3 October 2016
Most days I was there just to clean. Get in start spraying everything down. Then soap everywhere, then spray it down again. Squeegee the floors. Then hand wash any smaller devices keep everything clean. I learned how to interact better with customers. I never got to talk to any management very often due to my shift always being night and my manager never working nights and the managers in other departments had no reason to talk to me. My coworkers were all really great and helped me out if I ever needed help. Whenever I finished cleaning I would help out other departments, I had permission to leave once cleaning was done but I'd stay and help out elsewhere when I could. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the smell, the meat would all go into a drain which very commonly got backed up and when water broke the stagnating meat the rotting smell of meat would appear. The most enjoyable part was when I finished cleaning and I could focus on helping costumers and other workers because it felt so much more rewarding.
Pros
Sometimes the bakery would leave some food out in the break room if it was gonna go bad
Cons
The smell, only cleaning shifts
fun working with customers staff fun lunchroom only
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2016
My job included handling closing shift closing down tills late at night Staff where friendly for the most, but some co-workers where power hungry so felt this was not a place I felt comfortable working any more. I miss most of the cashiers as they are the best part of the job
Pros
close to home
Cons
feelings of being over used
Fun place to work
IT Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2016
Pros:
Nice working environment;
People are friendly;
Management team is okay;
Good vacation days given

Cons:
Salary is lower than the market;
Bonus is so so
Employees don't quit jobs, they quit managers. True
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Alberta27 September 2016
Are you kidding me!
Pharmacy manager is useless. Cares only about bonus and does not hear what staff has to say.
If you dare complain, you are on the hit list to get fired.
Doesn't matter how efficient you are. Nobody cares.
Cons
Manager
Productive workplace
Cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB26 September 2016
I really enjoyed the environment. I enjoyed decorating the cakes for different occasions. I learned how to air brush cakes. I picked up a few extra tricks for decorating the cakes. I worked alone most times and that was enjoyable. But when my foot broke they didn't keep my spot as cake decorator when my foot healed up. That was about the only bad thing working for Sobey's.
Pros
Discounts for groceries
Fast pace, labour intensive environment with hard working colleagues.
Deli Clerk (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
If you are looking for new challenges and opportunities everyday in a labour intensive environment while working within team settings Sobeys is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, great coworkers, wonderful HR staff & store managers
Cons
Maximum of 32 hours for part-time staff, very limited pay raises, no employee discount
great customers and most front end staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB26 September 2016
I loved the customer and fellow cashiers the hours weren't great most times, but overall a pretty good atmosphere, the hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy when there were no customers.
Great place to be
front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2016
I loved working there for many reasons, I am a people person and good with numbers so Front End supervisor/Customer Service was a good fit for me.
Fun workplace with great staff
Customer Service/Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL25 September 2016
I loved my coworkers and the staff was very efficient and committed. It was easy to get time off if required, and was an overall great company to work for. What I have gained from working at Sobeys for three years is great customer service skills, and a quick and efficient work ethic in a fast-paced work environment.
good work place, fun people
Deli Clerk/ala carte (Former Employee) –  Gimli, MB22 September 2016
It was a good job and im glad i got the opportunity to work there. Everyone was nice and was hard workers, and everyone did everything. i really liked how it was not the same exact thing every shift.
Pros
the breaks, employees, great work enviroment, workers are friendly
Cons
tight spaces in the department
Peaceful environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
Peaceful environment, co-workers help each other, gave me experience with costumer service, as a cashier as well. The hardest part was work until late hours. new schedule every week.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 September 2016
- Great place to work.
- Exactly as expected after getting hired
- Vibrant Environment
- Very Clean and Prioritized to stay so.
- Many potential for Advancement, and opportunities
Pros
50%
It's great place to work for vary possessive and active people
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2016
Sobeys is a great place for work , all the members are so cooperative, helpful and hardworking , i personally really enjoy working with them best wishes to them in future too .
Pros
hard working, cooperative and positive environment
Cons
less hours to employees
Great Place to Work
Produce Crew/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2016
The manager I worked with was awesome! She motivates and encourages her employees. Job was good and pay is not bad either. For casual employees, you get a flexible schedule and that's a big thing for me at that time.
Pros
Flexible schedule for casual employees