Sobeys Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place for your first job
Cashier/Courtesy worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2016
Sobeys is a great place to break into the working world, the work gets quite repudiative. Otherwise a great place to enter the work force and gain experience.
Pros
simple, great starter job
Cons
repudiative, mentally draining work
frontend supervisor
Customer Service Representative, Front (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 1, 2016
run all staff in the frontend. deal with money and customers. on the health and safety board of soebys st.vital. nothing of the job is hard for me causer nothing is hard for me. I love dealing with people
An okay work environment but a bit toxic in terms of management/worker relations
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 5, 2016
It was an okay job to be honest, very flexible especially if you're a part timer. But there was a fundamental distrust between management and the workers that sparked a lot of competition and made things uncomfortable and stressful. I personally didn't agree with a lot of company decisions, such as their prices. Since the 2 years that I started working there, they had been raised to ridiculous amounts for all their store made products, and at quantity and quality that simply wasn't worth the asking price in my eyes. I didn't feel good and took no pride working for a company like this, having to search for excuses to tell customers, and so I quit.
Pros
Flexibility with shifts and work hours
Cons
Stressful most of the time
fun and productive
Meat Cutter (Part-Time)) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2016
nice to work,enjoyable parts is during evening before closing.Co employees are good and lots of meats to cut and to be package. The hardest work here is cleaning because lots of costumer coming and still you should have to finish cleaning before closing.
Productive and Friendly workplace
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 29, 2016
My job consisted of preparation and safe handling of products sold in the Salad Bar.
A typical Day at work would consist of
-prepping the food
-cutting/dicing the food
-preparing the food
-labelling
-Cleaning/sanitizing
I learned a lot about customer service and and attaining to the customers needs as the customer is always right! I also learned about keeping a clean and tidy work area and handling food correctly and safely.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with different people and interacting with customers!
Not an easy job
Hot Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 5, 2016
working at sobeys was at first easy until they put me in a new department that i didn't enjoy being in because it was too much work for one person to be able to do it properly. Management was not concerned with employees well being
Sobys
Cashier clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 17, 2016
Unfortunately they need you only with the rush hours
15,min break not enough
low paid
nothing competitive to work there ,also, the management is not good enough, there are many employees very nice,but the most of them they don't know each other
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSJuly 11, 2016
Working at Sobeys is great. I go to work with a smile on daily knowing I am appreciated by my fellow colleagues. The management makes it easy to talk about future goals within the company and also helps you reach them.
good part time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSJuly 16, 2016
I made some good friends there, learned some life skills that i can take with me to any other jobs i have.
everyone there just wants to help you so you do the best you can and succeed everyday
productive and fun place to work
Bakery Clerk, Cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSAugust 5, 2016
a day spent decorating cakes and pastries for customers and for service case. very customer focused..great co workers..most enjoyable
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours
Very good place to work, if you don't need hours
chasier/maintence. (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONJuly 6, 2016
I never got more then 4 hours of work. once a week , sometimes 2 days, I was there for well over a year. Did not like the lack of hours
Pros
I had my 1st good with them.
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work with great employees
Sobeys Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 1, 2016
Great store to work especially if you are trying to build customer service experience. Hardest part is fitting time to do all your tasks because some days are busier than others.
Cons
No employee discount.
Productive fast-paced workplace
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 19, 2016
During a typical day there is always a lot of prep work for the next day, pre-made food and merchandise or customer party platter orders to be done. There is always work to be done, whether it is doing prep work, cooking and serving on the hot side of the Deli, or serving the cold side, cleaning, filling out paper work, keeping the department stocked or organizing the back rooms and department.
Excellent Job for Networking
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Every day at sobeys is great. Early morning shifts typically have the older customers coming in. Most are eager and quite happy to have a conversation and tell you about there day. Although I process transactions and bag customer's items, I also find it important to make sure they feel listened to. Most of these customers come to the store to buy a bun from the bakery and have a conversation. It definitely makes the job more enjoyable knowing your regular customers come in just to see you and know that you will in turn say hello to them and ask them how their day is going.
relaxed environment hard workers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Worked the midnight shift 10-6:30am putting stock ensuring all product was facing forward, I learned to work at a fast pace, management was not the greatest for my department he was always unorganized, the co-workers there were respectful and nice, hardest part of the job would be the hours i was given.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
long hours sometimes had to stay later
good friends
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 25, 2016
Not for me anymore. Management has ruined the moral of this huge company and i need a change, We are all just numbers and not people. I had a passion for working for this company but would rather work in a caring company.
grocery clerk
Grocery Clerk (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ONJuly 8, 2016
This was a part-time job while I was going to school, the management was flexible giving me the hours to fit my schooling schedule, the staff was pleasant to work with.
good
Cons
part time
Not a good work environment
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 15, 2016
Management was terrible, entire team would be yelled at and sworn at.. fount it very unprofessional and an unhealthy work environment. I worked there for 3 months before finally quitting because I was getting so stressed out.
Not the greatest time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Acton, ONMarch 2, 2016
Working at Sobeys was great at first, I met some really great people. After working at Sobeys for a year I decided to quit. I was asked to be a supervisor with no raise and other workers were being paid more than me and doing less, I didn't find that fair.
Pros
great people
Cons
not fair
Very productive company , with poor benefits and poor hours of work.
Fork-lift driver (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSApril 16, 2016
It was a great learning experience with how to manage my time and get my work finished in a timely manner while staying above average for spills and never having any accidents.