Sobeys Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Friendly workplace
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 29, 2016
My job consisted of preparation and safe handling of products sold in the Salad Bar.
A typical Day at work would consist of
-prepping the food
-cutting/dicing the food
-preparing the food
-labelling
-Cleaning/sanitizing
I learned a lot about customer service and and attaining to the customers needs as the customer is always right! I also learned about keeping a clean and tidy work area and handling food correctly and safely.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with different people and interacting with customers!
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I have worked for FreshCo for numerous years and I am pleased with all that I have learned and experienced during my time there.
Pros
Opportunity for promotion
Cons
No cons
Good place and good people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
It was a good work environment and i gained valuable work experience dealing with people and cash transactions. Good coworkers but the management could learn to appreciate their employees more.
Very productive
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Writing on cakes
Taking cake/desserts orders in person and by phone
Putting out merchandise
Helping out customers
Cleaning dishesSweaping and mooping at the end of the night
Great employee engagement and morale!
Accounting Clerk, National Accounting Services (Current Employee) –  Stellarton, NSJanuary 28, 2016
There are always plenty of opportunities to learn a new skill at Sobeys whether it be on the job training or on site training.
Sobey's
Supervisor/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Sobey's provides a great work culture. The employees are extremely delightful, and the managers are very hands-on and appreciate the hard work employees do.
Pros
Managers make work hours flexible for post-secondary students !
Cons
No discount for employees
Love my customers
Manager in Charge/ Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy seeing my customers and being able to be friendly with my regular customers I see. Our store has been through 9 store managers in the last 3 yrs so has made for low moral.. so not making a very good work environment at the time being
Great people to work with
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, ONJanuary 21, 2016
It was a great job while I was there, the staff were so welcoming and friendly, always willing to help out when need. we got to rotate between hot food, sandwich making, making food trays, and helping cut the meat.
Great Experience and workplace
DELI CLERK (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I have learn many skills like:
-Great Communication
-Team work
-Responsibility

The hardest part of the job is that is the customer but i have learned its better to make them rather then myself.
Pros
great hours and co-workers
Cons
Minimum wage
Productive fast-paced workplace
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 19, 2016
During a typical day there is always a lot of prep work for the next day, pre-made food and merchandise or customer party platter orders to be done. There is always work to be done, whether it is doing prep work, cooking and serving on the hot side of the Deli, or serving the cold side, cleaning, filling out paper work, keeping the department stocked or organizing the back rooms and department.
great place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
worked the grocery orders
had lunch
worked more stuff
CAO
really nice people the environment was great and made people want to do their best work
Pros
nice people
Grocery store
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
sign in, work on till, meet and greet customers, send them through,
able to talk with management and coworkers on a interesting level, never a dull time.
Pros
advancement
Cons
uncontrolled hours.
sobeys review
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
sobeys put me through a deep depression as i did not see any chance to move up further in the company and I slowly started to see my doctor, I am feeling alot better now and am willing to work at a job that doesnt require doing 3 jobs as i am only paid for one.
Pros
Cons
long hours, not enough break time
Excellent Job for Networking
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Every day at sobeys is great. Early morning shifts typically have the older customers coming in. Most are eager and quite happy to have a conversation and tell you about there day. Although I process transactions and bag customer's items, I also find it important to make sure they feel listened to. Most of these customers come to the store to buy a bun from the bakery and have a conversation. It definitely makes the job more enjoyable knowing your regular customers come in just to see you and know that you will in turn say hello to them and ask them how their day is going.
Relatively nice place to work
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High River, ABJanuary 11, 2016
I was a cashier/supervisor. I rang people through the tills as well as searched for products that the customers couldn't find.

I learned proper money handling techniques as well as how to do a band deposit (final nightly deposits) as well as counting the safes.

The management is okay. The store is now independently owned and personally since then I believe the store has gone downhill.

Co-workers were good. Everyone has those people that you don't know how to deal with. You can't let those people bring you down and ruin your day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satifaction on people's faces when you come back with an item they were looking for, or the price is wrong on an item and you tell them its free or they get it for a discounted price.
Cons
Too much drama in the workplace.
miss management
grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2016
For a major company, very bad culture and lack of proper train for management.
Staff treated like a number.
Customers where great.
Stay away.
Pros
downtown
Cons
management
Fast, productive corporate enviroment.
Merchandising/Advertising CoOrdinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
This was a great place to work, the starting salary was ideal and the end salary was great. The environment was ideal and the respective staff for the most part were very personable and friendly/polite.
Pros
Activities and Excursions often
Cons
Long Hours
was good when started in 2013. gone down hill since 2014
courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 8, 2016
you would help customers have a good experience, collecting carts through the shift and cleaning the bathrooms and front end in the last 2 hours of your shift.
Pros
10% off on McDonald's in Walmart, 10% during your 30 minute lunch if your purchase was less then $10, alot of friendly part time students
Cons
treated bad, no improvement, toxic workplace, sent you home for the most ridiculous reasons
Not My Kind Of Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJanuary 5, 2016
The co-workers were rude and disrespectful towards me and I just did not enjoy working there. I felt out of place and alone.
Enjoyed my job ,would have retired there if our store wuld not have closed.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NBJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at Sobeys for me ,was helping from anything to getting production done and out to paper work (ordering ,receiving ,returning ).Taking over for manager on her days off ,over seeing other co-workers .
Pros
Great learning experince
Cons
Some of the paper work (always changing )