Sobeys Employee Reviews

Great customer service experience
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 January 2018
Great for a first time job for someone who is under the age of 18. Learning experiences regarding proper customer service and time management. Pay is alright for a teenage employee.
Beginners job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON2 January 2018
I worked at Sobeys for 5 years while going to school and going to college. My coworkers were great and the job was good, I was trusted with a lot of responsibilities in that place which I am very grateful for. I however would not work there again.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad pay
meeting people
Produce Worker (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON2 January 2018
when working in the produce section at sobeys you run into new people all the time asking about where things are or if you can help them find something they can’t see.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
the shifts feel long
Sobeys Ancaster
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 January 2018
- On your feet all day, heavy, repetitive lifting.
- Customer service
- Well managed but high turnover rate
- General fatigue from labor
- Opportunities for advancement
Good when in school
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 December 2017
They were good at scheduling you around your school schedule. They were under-staffed during peek times.
Unless you were in a business program, there was not much hope of career advancement.
most staff were willing to help when asked
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2017
a typical day was usually pretty busy for the most part
moral was low due to a managerial positions
hours were not regular
most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers
i learned that dealing with costumers you have to have a lot of patience
Busy workplace with few hours.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 December 2017
A typical day at work is coming in short staffed, having too much to do with not enough help. I have learned that working retail can be very stressful.
OK place to work, management is questionable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 December 2017
The actual work is very easy, other employees are always fun to be around, however when it comes to the management they can be very unhelpful, they believe that they do not need to do anything.
Best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 December 2017
By far the best job I have had. Easy to do, you pick up fast. The people I worked with were absolutely amazing. I had to leave due to moving and I miss them.
good part time work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 December 2017
its decent minimum wage work and sobeys will keep you busy the best they can. it is what it is its not bad. work hard and it is possible to advance in the company, as long as you are able and willing to move around
disappointing
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2017
Not a good place for people that thrive. Bullying is permitted and nobody to talk to. Employees are very unhappy and favoritism is very strong. The policy is put up or get out. Zero communication. Honesty isn't managements strong point and they are very rude. It is privately owned but all this still reflects on the overall company. I will never work for another franchised sobeys again, it was the worst experience of my life. I have an enormous amount of experience in retail and this was horrible. All this is surrounding their interpersonal skills. Big ZERO. Can't keep good employees if their life depended on it !!!
Pros
breaks every 2h30 to 3 hours.... PAID
Cons
no stability
busy
Baker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB21 December 2017
was busy and learned lots of skills. willing to go above and beyond to get product out in time for customers to buy. Willing to train others in being able to do my job
horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON21 December 2017
worst job ever, would not recommend working here... there are no discounts provided and the managers treated me with extreme disrespect, not to mention they didn't follow the union terms. going into work was agonizing and something i would dread doing.
good place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2017
It was a good place, people minded there own business. lunches were great, management were great and very understanding. day went by very quickly because it was busy from start to finish
Fun and unpredictable
Promotions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2017
Enjoyed working here. Had a great team. Some of the way higher up managers were often looking over your shoulder. Every now and then another desk would be empty without an explanation as they were going through many corporate changes.
Work Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 December 2017
I worked in Sobeys as a cashier for more than seven months. I had a good experience working there since it taught me many new things. I admire working in Sobeys since I get an opportunity to talk to different people, that was the part I enjoyed most. During your work shift, you meet someone who is angry and screams at you. I learned that no matter how angry customer is one smile can change their attitude towards you. The environment given at workplace was just like home, employees used to help you whenever you had any problem and share their best and worst experiences. The hardest part of the job was bagging, since that was my first job, I could not put stuff properly and could not fulfill customers expectation but as time pass things got better.
good place to work with nice people and lots of opportunitys
Night crew clerk (Former Employee) –  Upper Tantallon, NS19 December 2017
easy work in fast paced environment with lots of opportunitys for advancement in the company.
stocked shelves and maintained product displays. along with product scanning
It's okay for a temp job
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2017
I don't mind the place so much because of the people i work with, however the company as a whole is terrible and the store i work at has terrible communication among managers.
Fast paced
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  5119 167ave Edmonton19 December 2017
Great environment with great co workers, love the fast paced environment and constantly learning something new. Also love taking care of many different takes. Variety of work day to day.
Love working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 December 2017
Have fun working there.love working in different areas of the store.smoke shop.stokeing food .helping in gm and produce and cut food and self serving and learn new stuff
Pros
Love working there
Cons
Great job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.