Sobeys Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work, great co-wrkers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 28, 2015
Sobeys was a great place to work. My day would usual start early in the mornings on weekends till early afternoon. I was responsible for making sure all the meat & cheese remained fresh and stocked. As well as making special orders and servings customers. When I worked the night shifts was responsible for serving customers, cleaning up and shutting down all the equipment and wrapping the meat and cheese before closing. Most of my co-workers in the deli were older but they were very friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of working in the deli would have to be the early morning shifts preparing everything for the rest of the day in such a short time period. The most enjoyable part of the job by far was talking to the customers and my co-workers. Everybody at sobeys was so welcoming and nice. Just a really great place to work.
Fast Pace Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONDecember 3, 2015
Working as sobeys was always a joy because of its fast pace enviroment we were never standing around doing nothing and customers would always be flowing through the tills. All my co-workers were extremely welcoming and kind. I actually found it fun bagging groceries it became like a game in my head. The hours were perfectly fit to work around my school schedule and there were lots of open shifts if you wanted to pick up a couple extra hours.
Cons
Distane to drive
Enjoyed my job ,would have retired there if our store wuld not have closed.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NBJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at Sobeys for me ,was helping from anything to getting production done and out to paper work (ordering ,receiving ,returning ).Taking over for manager on her days off ,over seeing other co-workers .
Pros
Great learning experince
Cons
Some of the paper work (always changing )
Fun, fast paced environment, well managed
Front End Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 9, 2016
Sobeys Inc. has been a very enjoyable work place. A typical day at work requires me to be on the floor 10 minutes before my scheduled time to be sure that I'm prepared for my day. I must have a pen and a clean work station as well as to be dressed appropriately. I serve countless people in the run of a day(which is typically between 6 and 8 hours). I have learned many techniques for problem solving. My management makes sure that we have monthly meetings to discuss progress and problems and to make sure we are all on the same page and come up with solutions. My co-workers and I all get along wonderfully and we always try to help one another when need be. It is an amazing work environment to be in. The hardest part of my job is most definitely trying to cope with the elderly customers we get who are beginning to suffer from dementia. It hurts to watch them struggle to remember their bank information. The most enjoyable would probably be the general contact I have with the public. I very much so enjoy polite conversation.
good friends
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 25, 2016
Not for me anymore. Management has ruined the moral of this huge company and i need a change, We are all just numbers and not people. I had a passion for working for this company but would rather work in a caring company.
great job
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NBApril 19, 2016
I really enjoyed cake decorating and really found my passion. before working at sobeys I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I came out of that job determined to go into pastry arts some day and open my own bakery
Fast, productive corporate enviroment.
Merchandising/Advertising CoOrdinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
This was a great place to work, the starting salary was ideal and the end salary was great. The environment was ideal and the respective staff for the most part were very personable and friendly/polite.
Pros
Activities and Excursions often
Cons
Long Hours
friendly place to work
Baker helper (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABApril 8, 2016
Everyone is friendly, willing to help if you have any questions, everyone works well as a team, its fast paced, and its a simple job to do.
Pros
training courses
Cons
working on weekends is a mandatory at least once a month
Good place to work, not enough hours
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 21, 2016
Sobeys is a great place to start out, it was a good first job. But the hours aren't too great for a cashier when they have more cashiers hired than they need.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
sobeys
GROCERY CLEARK (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ONMay 4, 2016
well working at Sobeys was your classic grocery store where I would stock shelves and receives trucks. But like all part time jobs its not a real job and i would like to find something in the electrical field
productive place to wrok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABMarch 3, 2016
count cash float set up register check out peoples items at cash register clean up work area cash out
how to work a cash register (first cashier job)
quiet kept to himself
fun friendly helpful
cash float
chatty happy customers
sobeys review
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
sobeys put me through a deep depression as i did not see any chance to move up further in the company and I slowly started to see my doctor, I am feeling alot better now and am willing to work at a job that doesnt require doing 3 jobs as i am only paid for one.
Pros
Cons
long hours, not enough break time
Very productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I love having to greet and help different kinds of people. Getting to know how their day is going.
My co-workers are the best part of my work. They are social and helpful in anyway they can.
Pros
FREE COOKIES
Cons
SHORT HOURS
Conducive to students at times, great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 17, 2016
I have been working part-time as a student for the last couple of years with this company, I have little negative to say as they have been paying me properly.
Great environment to work in
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2016
Sobeys was a great environment to work in, very organized and excellent management. It was very challenging at times, because it was a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Lovely co-workers
Cons
Store closed
Love my customers
Manager in Charge/ Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy seeing my customers and being able to be friendly with my regular customers I see. Our store has been through 9 store managers in the last 3 yrs so has made for low moral.. so not making a very good work environment at the time being
not recommended to work there
HMR (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Only give you two days notice of your following weeks schedule.

Low staffing, high work load.

no appreciation of workers commitment and hard work at all
Pros
flexible with hours or days worked at times
Cons
very hard to get a full time contract
good workplace with great staff but decent managment
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONMarch 10, 2016
Sobeys co workers are great but management could use some work, off days could have been scheduled better and adequate training would be nice.
Pros
good people
Cons
no employee benefits
Good cashier work
Bakery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2016
I had lots of hours as a bakery Specialist for sobeys, it was good and also worked in customer service sometimes selling cigarettes and lotto tickets.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not good shifts
Sobey's
Supervisor/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Sobey's provides a great work culture. The employees are extremely delightful, and the managers are very hands-on and appreciate the hard work employees do.
Pros
Managers make work hours flexible for post-secondary students !
Cons
No discount for employees