Sobeys Employee Reviews

Loved working here, but not enough hours
Cake Decorating & food prep/packaging (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 October 2017
I really liked working at Sobeys in the Bakery. I was a cake decorator & baked good packager. The only thing I didn't like was the hours. I started out getting almost 30 hours a week & when I left I was only getting 15 hours a week. Other than that, it was great.
Pros
Doing what I love to do (cake decorating)
Cons
Not enough hours
Pharmacy Assistant
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
Pharmacy workflow was ok. I usually got left with all the dreaded jobs as my co worker wanted more rest. I felt unvalued most of the time by other staff. management was good.
Good start off job
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 October 2017
Sobeys was a great place for learning of to start your working carrer, you learn how to communicate with people and learn what its like to work in the service industry.
decent place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON3 October 2017
for the 15 1/2 years i worked at the milton retail support center...leanred to drive all of the in house machines....worked with some great employees.....typical work day was either selecting boxes...driving forklift

hardest part of the job was working with insanely lazy people

most enjoyable part of the job was i had the opprotunity to work with some good managers and ohter fellow co workers on the floor
Pros
great pay
Cons
some bad employees
Worse place I have Ever worked
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB2 October 2017
They just barely scrape past health checks and when their isn't a health check, don't go there. The manager was a creep and not very understanding. The work culture was negative as their is no hope of getting anything except a paycheck with money missing.

10/10 would only work here again if I was literally living in the streets and it is the only place hiring.
Pros
No Supervision
Cons
No chance of advancement
Cake decorater
Part-time Cake decorator/packager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2017
feel good home environment, friendly staff and management. most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make birthday cakes for people and making them happy.
productive company that is looking for a certain type of worker mentality.
HMR Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 September 2017
Sobeys is a very large company that sometimes looses focus on the little people, the workers who actually do the grunt work. Overall could be better..
Pros
not sure
Cons
expectations too high
Part time hours potentially having a full time hours
ORDER SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 September 2017
Working with Sobeys Distribution warehouse is easier because, we use a talk man making picking orders a lot easier than manually. Once order is done, we have to pick another order next in line.
Pros
Night premium and pay increase every 6 months
Sobey's in my Experiance
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS28 September 2017
Working at Sobey's was a pretty decent start to my work career, it gave me a sense of responsibility, time management skills, taught me how to properly act around persons of authority and so on. It was a good job with a decent environment but slowly as i progressed throughout the years with the company i realized that in order for me to branch upward within it, i would be staying there for upwards of 20 years as some of my fellow employees had. Overall it was a good starter job to make some cash but now im looking for something alittle more promising that will give me better work experience and a higher wage.
Pros
$15 dollar gift card at Christmas
It was fun
Bakery Clerk/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB27 September 2017
The job itself was a good job. I made friends got to engage with costumers, however the company itself did not treat its employees justly. The managers are over stressed and they take it out on the employees.
Productive and fun place to work.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Acton, ON26 September 2017
This was my very first job and it was quite rewarding. Easy and flexible hours to balance with a high school life. Very friendly staff, relaxing and positive environment.
Nice Work Life Balance
Manager - Audit, Compliance & ERM (A.C.E.) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2017
Very good location and a nice work life balance at this organization. Quite diverse and inclusive work environment. Provides opportunity to travel across the country.
sobeys cashier and bagger
Cashier and Bagger (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 September 2017
it is a nice job with valuable customer service experience. you will learn a lot about how grocery store work. The only thing that under expectation is the salary. 11 dollar per hour.
Pros
group working, leadership
Cons
salary, heavy working
Productive Workplace
Senior Parcel-pickup Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 September 2017
Learned things new at a daily basis, fast-past environment.
Management is helpful and engaging.
the environment of the workplace is strict rules of cleanness where its handling with raw foods.
the hardest part of the job as to being a parcel pickup clerk is in the winter pushing the carts through the snow shoveled or not this is most physically demanding during that type of season.
The most fun experience I had with the company is the co-workers and managers.
Pros
Excellent Advancent for Carrer Opportunity
Cons
Physically Demanding
Full-time pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 September 2017
Sobeys is a great place to work. Many changes over the last two years have been a struggle but great people.
Typical day at work similar to other community pharmacies.
Friendly Work Environment
Cash Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 September 2017
People like to try and help each other within the store. It is fairly easy to make friends with coworkers and they try their best to work around your availability.
Fun and enjoyable workplace - great break room
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2017
Managers, including store managers always carried a smile with an upbeat attitude. Very encouraging to employees, everyone acted like family. Personal creativity was allowed - and even praised, especially while cake decorating.
Great job!
Analyste aux comptes payables et recevables (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
Sobeys was my first job in accountancy. It was a great challenge! I have learned a lot through this experience. The team was great. I would recommend it!
professional atmosphere
Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB17 September 2017
Love working with co workers and the customers of this store.
A safe and clean place to work.
The store does recycle a lot and is always maintained properly
Pros
co workers and customers usually pleasant
Cons
too many people trying to be a manager
Weak Management
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 September 2017
Managers were too lazy to terminate incompetent employees, leaving other hard working employees to pick up all the slack. Good flexibility with hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.