Sobeys

Sobeys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), AjaxApril 17, 2015
The management and co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is during holidays and peak hours. The most enjoyable part is working with genuine and fun co-workers.
...
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Riverview, NBApril 13, 2015
Pros: get to eat old pizza
Cons: no benifets
a typical day at work would be either making pizza's all day prepping them and making customers happy or tossing salads making sure they are fresh clean and full or prepping chicken making chicken fries potpies ext..
Excellent staff and superviors
Cashier (Former Employee), Fall River, NSApril 10, 2015
Excellent place to work, I gained a lot of experience in 3 years of working there and was sad to leave and it looks great on a resume, employers love it.
Sobeys
Bakery clerk, helped customers, wrote on cakes (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2015
- Work is really easy and pretty simple
- Learnt to be efficient in my work and to work hard
- Helping customers was the most enjoyable part of the job
Insulator
Cashier, Stocking Shelves (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSApril 7, 2015
I was a pipe insulator for a company in fort MacMurray. We would insulate many different pipes in the plane so they don't freezes due to cold.
Fast Paced and A Fun Place To Be In
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 5, 2015
Pros: Friendly People
Cons: Hard Working
Sobeys was my first ever job and I loved it. The people there were excellent and treated you with respect. I just made a big mistake working there that sadly got me fired and I regret ever making it.
Good starter job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Ajax, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: little to no benefits
At Sobeys you will meet a lot of nice friendly people however it for the most part pays minimum-wage and has little to no benefits for fulltime employees
Great place to learn, but not good for long term
Deli/Hot Food Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 3, 2015
Sobeys was a great place to work. loved working with the customers and staff, management was very helpful. But they constantly higher and fired people.
Really great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 3, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: lots of standing
Working at Sobeys was enjoyable, mostly due to the people who worked there. The co workers and managers made it fun to be at work, and most of the customers were pleasant, which made it easier to enjoy going to work.
A good learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good staff
Cons: too many hours and busy often
My co workers and management were very helpful and friendly. I learned that you need to be patient and understanding when dealing with customers. Being adaptable is also important as many different situations will present themselves.
loved working with the staff and interacting with the customers
Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 31, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: the disorganization from head office
My typical day consists of ordering stock, stocking shelves, overseeing the departments employees and giving them their daily job tasks. I learned leadership skills as well as organization. The thing I enjoyed most about my job is the staff and dealing with the customers. The hardest part of my job would have to be having to try and fix problems and store level without being given help or the correct info from corporate.
Fun workplace with great staff
Part-time supervisor, Produce department (Current Employee), Stittsville, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: low wages
Sobeys is a great place to start entering the workforce, where you learn valuable life lessons and have fun doing so. I learned how to work as a team and how to engage and interact with customers.
very well established
Deli assistant - co-op (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 28, 2015
I loved it there it just we didn't get discounts but all in all everyone was amazing. they are very good with helping people with there schedule being flexible when they have children

best job
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Chatham, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: sometimes free lunches and free food
Cons: no cons
The job was very simple as a cashier, handling money and processing customer's groceries. I got along with all my co-workers and the manager. There is no hard part in this job. most enjoyable part of the job, it was never a dull moment.
Good place to start out
Front End- Cashier (Former Employee), Acton, OnMarch 21, 2015
Good place to get started off at. Great place to learn customer service and work with a lot of great people. Management is a little hard to work with, but can be flexible. No benefits for part-timers so thats unfortunate.
good
Marerial handler sobeys (Former Employee), Whitby ontarioMarch 20, 2015
i was a good job got to work with a good group of guys always a good time never had any complaints it was a job it wasnt always easy but thats work for you
Great coworkers, always something to do.
Deli Clerk/Cashier/Cake Decorator (Current Employee), Paris, ONMarch 19, 2015
Typical Day:
Usually a typical day in the deli would consist of mostly serving customers, keeping the department clean, and preparing things such as hot in store bbq chickens, soup, pizza, asian meals, indian meals, as well as other entrees and sides.
For cash, it would usually just consist of ringing customers through with their groceries, helping other cashiers bag, cleaning the till during down time, and topping up the confectionary counters.
For bakery, I would take count of how much product we have currently on the shelves, and decorating cakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, etc. accordingly. When the day would be near done, I would clean up my work station and wash any dishes that were in the sinks.

What I Learned:
I learned how to work effectively and efficiently with coworkers, how to meet a customers' request and have them satisfied, how to make deli and bakery tray orders look presentable, and how to multitask.
Great people, good environment but hard work.
Alacarte Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free food occasionally, awesome people
Cons: demanding
If your going to work here find the department you want to work in. You don't want to be stuck in the wrong one. Like I said though I enjoyed the company I have while at work. Working with food is difficult because of all the regulations and such. Some departments are very demanding and can be difficult. Sometimes it can be unfair.
Nice employees
Stocker (Former Employee), Ajax, OntarioMarch 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working with these employees, as this was my first job and first set of coworkers. Stocking wasn't difficult, carts were neatly packed.
very nice place to work, learn a lot.
Caissière-vendeuse (Former Employee), Caraquet, NBMarch 12, 2015
Cons: somethimes
i was going to my shift, preparing my cash my machine ,after that i was serving the customer whit their check, product, coupons, and sometimes, i was call to helps customer in the isles and presenting products when needed i was sometimes ask to do all kind of jobs in the store.

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more