Sobeys Employee Reviews

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search
sobeys bakery
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2017
Managers do what they wan and leave all there work for the worker. Bad schedule because sometimes im working alone on a Saturday and its hard to get everything done by myself.
Pros
long lunch
friendly environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
This is a great place to work. friendly environment and everyone is supportive. flexible hours is a essential. Good management with following policy.
Productive and fun place to work
Produce Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
very fast passed job, customers are in high demand for produced goods. management needs to work on letting you the time off when necessary. Hardest part of the job I would say cleaning out the coolers for the vegetables.
Pros
8 hours a day
Cons
management is rough on employees
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB23 January 2017
Its fun to work here and you get good hours. The management is considerate and is willing to work around your schedule when needed to. They have a great training program and it is good for a part time job.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
standing for long periods of time
One of the Family
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
I greatly enjoyed all the time spent working here. I wanted to retire as an employee at the Calgary RSC, but the company had other plans and shut down the warehouse.
Productive and amicable work environment.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON23 January 2017
The jobs diversity from the suppliers to the drivers creates stimulation and makes every day different and challenging. Staff are motivating and encouraging. I enjoyed the challenges that were put forth every day and the supervisors did a great job making sure that things ran smoothly. If ever there was a conflict on the work orders, I knew that I could approach them easily and felt confident that I could work through the problems and have them corrected within a timely fashion.
Pros
Pleasant work environment.
Cons
Distance.
Sobeys Deli
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 January 2017
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and they were accommodating to my school and ringette schedule. For that I am thankful
Pros
worked with my school and ringette schedule
Cons
not enough hours at times
Good place for first job
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ON18 January 2017
It was a great start in the customer service industry but unfortunately you can't be happy there forever. Often felt nervous about booking time off and asking for help.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes mean staff
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON16 January 2017
Annoying customers that talk down upon you. Manager at that time always gave me a hard time when coming into work and leaving work. No disrespect to Sobeys as a company. When I was hired at the time, I really didn't like it at all. Poor Management.
Pros
Long paid lunches
Cons
Poor Management.
I had fun working there, it was a positive experience.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
I had only worked 8 months but in that time I made many friends there. I was trained by just about everybody there everyday to be a better employee. The job was fun and there was always something that needed to be done which kept me busy and helped pass the time for my shifts.
The patrons weren't very polite and would often harass employees by slamming their carts into the cashier stands,and or insulting them But that was about the only bad thing about working there, although that was due to the location of the building. management was reasonable, schedules were reasonable, shift hours were reasonable, i didn't have much to complain about. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Nice staff, excellent training, reasonable hours and scheduling.
Cons
bad patrons and location.
productive workplace
Cashier/floral clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 January 2017
a typical day in the flower department is answering phone calls, taking orders or sending them out, cleaning the department, watering all the plants, making sure everything is full and presentable for customers. Every night you have different duties you need to accomplish.
Pros
great environment
Cons
short staff
Good after school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB15 January 2017
Depending on the department you get into, the work isn't very hard. It's mainly independent work. The hours were good being a student and only wanting part time work.
Very drama filled
A la cart (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 January 2017
I enjoyed working there during the busy time. But then soon I was being "watched" and people were "spying" on me. Lies were spread rather quickly and the wage wasn't worth it.
Dynamic work environment
Analyst Customer Insights (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2017
With team leaders personally invested in the under link the passion is present everyday one walking into the workplace. I had the opportunity to express myself while also growing professionally.
Fun and Amazing People
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 January 2017
I loved the people I worked with but they kept telling me I was a few hours short of applying for benefits and I had been working there for over 6 years.
Pros
Fun people, Christmas Parties
Cons
Schedule sucks, Very strict on dress code.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE9 January 2017
A typical day consists of ringing customer's groceries through the cash register as well as cleaning the store and going outside to retrieve grocery carts for the cart lobby.
PArt time workers are underatted
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2017
Scheduling was very bad. Didn't treat employees properly. Didnt get good benefits. managers treat workers very poorly
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2017
A typical day at work involves data analysis, building/maintaining data and excel templates, responding to ad hoc queries and involvement in process improvement activities. I have added a new business intelligence tool to my portfolio of data analysis software. Management is flexible and approachable whilst constantly encouraging staff to use initiatives to solve problems. My co workers are fantastic team players. The hardest part of the job is predicting economic impacts on the financials.
The most enjoyable part is resolving queries / exceeding customer expectations and receiving recognition for a job well done.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
late hours
Seller in the Daily Department
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
In this shop I have fulfilled my duties and the duties of other employees in other departments, as not enough workers in the store.

• Customer service
• Taking orders
• Execution of orders
• Receiving and sorting of goods
• Opening and closing office
Productive and great place to work at that provided a lot of experience.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elmsdale, NS5 January 2017
I learned a lot of social, and working skills during my time at Sobeys and continue to learn in their welcoming environment. Great for part time work that I had needed.