Sobeys Employee Reviews

good place to work with nice people and lots of opportunitys
Night crew clerk (Former Employee) –  Upper Tantallon, NS19 December 2017
easy work in fast paced environment with lots of opportunitys for advancement in the company.
stocked shelves and maintained product displays. along with product scanning
It's okay for a temp job
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2017
I don't mind the place so much because of the people i work with, however the company as a whole is terrible and the store i work at has terrible communication among managers.
Fast paced
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  5119 167ave Edmonton19 December 2017
Great environment with great co workers, love the fast paced environment and constantly learning something new. Also love taking care of many different takes. Variety of work day to day.
Love working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 December 2017
Have fun working there.love working in different areas of the store.smoke shop.stokeing food .helping in gm and produce and cut food and self serving and learn new stuff
Pros
Love working there
Cons
Great job
Good starting job for a teenager who wants some extra cash
Courtesy Clerk/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB16 December 2017
A typical day at work would be pretty repetitive but the time seemed to pass by fairly quickly. I got better with my people skills and learned how to manage my time efficiently. Management was very good about helping me manage my shifts and was always willing to work around my schedule for hockey. The only concern i had was that i got thrown into the job very quickly with not alot of training so starting out was tough. The workplace culture was fairly good everyone seemed to get along alright and worked toward finishing their goals for the day. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers when i didn't know what i was talking about so i would just refer them to another worker.
Pros
Flexible with avaliability
Cons
A very repetitive job
good place to work
Bakery staff (Former Employee) –  Invermere, BC16 December 2017
most enjoyable my team worked well together
most challenging was customer demand and time frame to fill shelves.
The position required all skills that I had to offer
Pros
walking distance
Cons
standing on cement
Very fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2017
Not very busy at the new sobeys so shifts feel long, I enjoy working here for the work experience and the nice environment that is provided. I also love the management .
Pros
Lots of enthusiasm
Cons
Slow
Amazing place to work !
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 December 2017
This place is well put together and they know how to get work done easily and fast. I did the 11pm-7am shift, after a while I felt like i was giving my body way to much work so I left
Pros
paid lunches
great first job
Costumer service/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON13 December 2017
I started working at Sobeys around the age of 15. I got the job 3 days after my interview and started right away. They gave me as many shifts as I wanted and also are very supportive about education and will permit you to get days off for school which is great for adolescents trying to get into good schools. Very supportive team overall, great management, great atmosphere.
Pros
close to home
Cons
busy seasons
Fun, respectful, and helpful.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 December 2017
Overall my experience at Sobeys was fantastic. Both the fellow workers and management staff were all kind and respectful people that I could go to for any help I required.
Above Awesome
Meat Department (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 December 2017
This job surpasses expectations in all ways. It was a fun and positive working environment and the jobs were not overly difficult. I enjoyed my working experienced there.
Definitely a starter job.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2017
Head management was phenomenal but the actual manager of the department was awful. very messy and not put together, a lot of the load was put on the employees as the manager was usually not in the department. This is troubling because most of the time the manager helps but instead the manger wasn't. Makes it hard for you to enjoy or get work done properly. Mangement needs to go under review.

The pay is alright. I would not advise anyone to stay here longer than a year. It is really not worth it. There isn't much room for advancement. Its also very fast pace and will teach you a lot of things, the tasks are not too difficult and can actually apply to your own life. The job is not that hard especially considering you have a team with you. All I can say Is time management is very important when you work here because if your team is behind you are not doing the proper tasks and could potentially harm costumers and yourself.

You will find yourself enjoying your co-workers although and the store as a whole. A again this is mostly a starter job, you can potentially earn a good wage but it takes a while. Try your best although to look around for more employment this job can be very stressful.
Pros
free lunches, great co-workers, awesome head manager
Cons
terrible department manager, no benefits, not enough advancement.
Grocery/Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 December 2017
Management wasn't the best
Hours were terrible
Other employees didn't show up many times for there booked shifts
even without calling
never was paid vacation pay even upon leaving the company
Good, laid-back, comfortable job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario6 December 2017
As a cashier it is boring when the store is not busy. Everyone is very friendly and chill. Very easy job (minus some angry customers and dealing with boredom).
Pros
Easy, comfortable, friendly
Cons
Boring, low pay
Fun work place
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 December 2017
Every day is different at work and can be fun place to work. Customers can be regulars and easily become aquatintces or friends. I like working with the staff and great customers.
Great at first, but boring after a while
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2017
The workplace was okay at first, but after the first few months you realize there's little to no chance of advancing and it's definitely hard to make a living. I wish there would be room for improving, but this job was not challenging enough for me.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
boring.
Good job
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lacombe, AB5 December 2017
Easy to learn, good people, and great managers. Schedule is sometimes late but it's overall a good place to work at. The staff is friendly in every department.
Pros
Sometimes free food is in the staff room
Cons
Schedule being late
productive and enjoyable
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 December 2017
I would retrieve shipments and send out shipments and package. i learned a great deal about organizing a warehouse and keeping track of inventory. The hardest part about this job would be the physical aspect however it was also enjoyable.
Overall amazing work atmosphere
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 December 2017
Everyone who works at sobeys is helpful to each other and caring. We all work as one team basically a family. They will work around you if your in school, got disabilities, older, younger, etc. Amazing place to work
Cons
No discounts
good training and predictive work environment
Produce Clerk Full Time (Second) (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON3 December 2017
This job can be carried out and has much direction for support.
Sobeys is a good company to work for.
Sobeys does try to support having a family life and tries to accommodate students as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.