Sobeys

Sobeys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to learn, but not good for long term
Deli/Hot Food Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 3, 2015
Sobeys was a great place to work. loved working with the customers and staff, management was very helpful. But they constantly higher and fired people.
Really great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 3, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: lots of standing
Working at Sobeys was enjoyable, mostly due to the people who worked there. The co workers and managers made it fun to be at work, and most of the customers were pleasant, which made it easier to enjoy going to work.
A good learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good staff
Cons: too many hours and busy often
My co workers and management were very helpful and friendly. I learned that you need to be patient and understanding when dealing with customers. Being adaptable is also important as many different situations will present themselves.
loved working with the staff and interacting with the customers
Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 31, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: the disorganization from head office
My typical day consists of ordering stock, stocking shelves, overseeing the departments employees and giving them their daily job tasks. I learned leadership skills as well as organization. The thing I enjoyed most about my job is the staff and dealing with the customers. The hardest part of my job would have to be having to try and fix problems and store level without being given help or the correct info from corporate.
Fun workplace with great staff
Part-time supervisor, Produce department (Current Employee), Stittsville, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: low wages
Sobeys is a great place to start entering the workforce, where you learn valuable life lessons and have fun doing so. I learned how to work as a team and how to engage and interact with customers.
very well established
Deli assistant - co-op (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 28, 2015
I loved it there it just we didn't get discounts but all in all everyone was amazing. they are very good with helping people with there schedule being flexible when they have children

best job
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Chatham, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: sometimes free lunches and free food
Cons: no cons
The job was very simple as a cashier, handling money and processing customer's groceries. I got along with all my co-workers and the manager. There is no hard part in this job. most enjoyable part of the job, it was never a dull moment.
Good place to start out
Front End- Cashier (Former Employee), Acton, OnMarch 21, 2015
Good place to get started off at. Great place to learn customer service and work with a lot of great people. Management is a little hard to work with, but can be flexible. No benefits for part-timers so thats unfortunate.
good
Marerial handler sobeys (Former Employee), Whitby ontarioMarch 20, 2015
i was a good job got to work with a good group of guys always a good time never had any complaints it was a job it wasnt always easy but thats work for you
Great coworkers, always something to do.
Deli Clerk/Cashier/Cake Decorator (Current Employee), Paris, ONMarch 19, 2015
Typical Day:
Usually a typical day in the deli would consist of mostly serving customers, keeping the department clean, and preparing things such as hot in store bbq chickens, soup, pizza, asian meals, indian meals, as well as other entrees and sides.
For cash, it would usually just consist of ringing customers through with their groceries, helping other cashiers bag, cleaning the till during down time, and topping up the confectionary counters.
For bakery, I would take count of how much product we have currently on the shelves, and decorating cakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, etc. accordingly. When the day would be near done, I would clean up my work station and wash any dishes that were in the sinks.

What I Learned:
I learned how to work effectively and efficiently with coworkers, how to meet a customers' request and have them satisfied, how to make deli and bakery tray orders look presentable, and how to multitask.
Great people, good environment but hard work.
Alacarte Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free food occasionally, awesome people
Cons: demanding
If your going to work here find the department you want to work in. You don't want to be stuck in the wrong one. Like I said though I enjoyed the company I have while at work. Working with food is difficult because of all the regulations and such. Some departments are very demanding and can be difficult. Sometimes it can be unfair.
Nice employees
Stocker (Former Employee), Ajax, OntarioMarch 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working with these employees, as this was my first job and first set of coworkers. Stocking wasn't difficult, carts were neatly packed.
very nice place to work, learn a lot.
Caissière-vendeuse (Former Employee), Caraquet, NBMarch 12, 2015
Cons: somethimes
i was going to my shift, preparing my cash my machine ,after that i was serving the customer whit their check, product, coupons, and sometimes, i was call to helps customer in the isles and presenting products when needed i was sometimes ask to do all kind of jobs in the store.
It taught me a ton about working in retail and I made some lifelong friends
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), OntarioMarch 12, 2015
Pros: it taught me a lot about working in retail
Cons: head office, job advancement, wage, management, company
Although I learned a lot from the few great managers I had, and made some great lifelong friends, the company as a whole is very poorly run. They have literally no idea how to compete in the market and although the preach about putting the customers first, this rarely becomes the case because of all the very time consuming programs put in place by head office.

A typical day has you either putting up incoming stock, back stock, doing relines, facing aisles, managing back room or cooler conditions or checking rotation. The job can be quite physically demanding and requires strong time management and quick thinking.

As a whole I would not recommend working for Sobeys. The company gives little to no room for advancement in position or wage.
overall not to bad
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Regina, SK. 2231 East Quance. S4V 2Z3March 11, 2015
sunday bussy time when we dont have safficient staff.
i learnd little bit about coustomer service.
good.
some one is verry nice @ some one try to hide from work.
when coustomer's complain in customer service.
Productive and fun place with great coffee
Cashier (Former Employee), spadinaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 2 brakes, plenty of hours, great management team.
Cons: dealing with personal stress
Great place to work. Looking to be a cashier again in Toronto. I loved going into work because of the relaxed atmosphere. I learned a lot like how to count and balance a till. Management was great, always there to help. Quitting was the hardest part. Two brakes to go on in a 7 hour shift.
good working environment
Cook (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good inter
friendly environment with excellent management team. Good working environment. working in this company was stress free
Relaxed work environment
Meat Department / Part-Time (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMarch 6, 2015
Cons: not many hours
Enjoy working at Sobeys. Relaxed work environment, with great staff. Working part-time I was only given about 8 hours / week so It was not enough for me.
Always something exciting happing
Sobeys National Intergration support (Current Employee), accross canadaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: wish the pay was a little higher
It’s a great team I have been on now for 15 mouths; the biggest channeling is flying 95% of the time makes for long days and longer nights. Can’t say enough about the team members everyone works well together to get the job’s done. Projects are always coming up to make the business better. It’s nice knowing my option counts.
Customer Service
Sobeys Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2015
Always have great customer service, when being at the front desk you have all different types of jobs to do. While being in the cash office working with money you have to be on your toes.

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more