Sobeys Employee Reviews

productive company that is looking for a certain type of worker mentality.
HMR Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 September 2017
Sobeys is a very large company that sometimes looses focus on the little people, the workers who actually do the grunt work. Overall could be better..
Pros
not sure
Cons
expectations too high
Part time hours potentially having a full time hours
ORDER SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 September 2017
Working with Sobeys Distribution warehouse is easier because, we use a talk man making picking orders a lot easier than manually. Once order is done, we have to pick another order next in line.
Pros
Night premium and pay increase every 6 months
Sobey's in my Experiance
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS28 September 2017
Working at Sobey's was a pretty decent start to my work career, it gave me a sense of responsibility, time management skills, taught me how to properly act around persons of authority and so on. It was a good job with a decent environment but slowly as i progressed throughout the years with the company i realized that in order for me to branch upward within it, i would be staying there for upwards of 20 years as some of my fellow employees had. Overall it was a good starter job to make some cash but now im looking for something alittle more promising that will give me better work experience and a higher wage.
Pros
$15 dollar gift card at Christmas
It was fun
Bakery Clerk/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB27 September 2017
The job itself was a good job. I made friends got to engage with costumers, however the company itself did not treat its employees justly. The managers are over stressed and they take it out on the employees.
Productive and fun place to work.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Acton, ON26 September 2017
This was my very first job and it was quite rewarding. Easy and flexible hours to balance with a high school life. Very friendly staff, relaxing and positive environment.
Nice Work Life Balance
Manager - Audit, Compliance & ERM (A.C.E.) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2017
Very good location and a nice work life balance at this organization. Quite diverse and inclusive work environment. Provides opportunity to travel across the country.
sobeys cashier and bagger
Cashier and Bagger (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 September 2017
it is a nice job with valuable customer service experience. you will learn a lot about how grocery store work. The only thing that under expectation is the salary. 11 dollar per hour.
Pros
group working, leadership
Cons
salary, heavy working
Productive Workplace
Senior Parcel-pickup Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 September 2017
Learned things new at a daily basis, fast-past environment.
Management is helpful and engaging.
the environment of the workplace is strict rules of cleanness where its handling with raw foods.
the hardest part of the job as to being a parcel pickup clerk is in the winter pushing the carts through the snow shoveled or not this is most physically demanding during that type of season.
The most fun experience I had with the company is the co-workers and managers.
Pros
Excellent Advancent for Carrer Opportunity
Cons
Physically Demanding
Full-time pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 September 2017
Sobeys is a great place to work. Many changes over the last two years have been a struggle but great people.
Typical day at work similar to other community pharmacies.
Friendly Work Environment
Cash Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 September 2017
People like to try and help each other within the store. It is fairly easy to make friends with coworkers and they try their best to work around your availability.
Fun and enjoyable workplace - great break room
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2017
Managers, including store managers always carried a smile with an upbeat attitude. Very encouraging to employees, everyone acted like family. Personal creativity was allowed - and even praised, especially while cake decorating.
Great job!
Analyste aux comptes payables et recevables (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
Sobeys was my first job in accountancy. It was a great challenge! I have learned a lot through this experience. The team was great. I would recommend it!
professional atmosphere
Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB17 September 2017
Love working with co workers and the customers of this store.
A safe and clean place to work.
The store does recycle a lot and is always maintained properly
Pros
co workers and customers usually pleasant
Cons
too many people trying to be a manager
Weak Management
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 September 2017
Managers were too lazy to terminate incompetent employees, leaving other hard working employees to pick up all the slack. Good flexibility with hours.
Wonderful place to work
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Conception Bay South, NL13 September 2017
My experience at Sobeys is a part time position, but none the less enjoyable. Sobeys not only has allowed me to learn about different cuts of meat and how to cut them but hone my customer service skills. My co-workers are cooperative, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I enjoy getting to know the variety of people that come into the store. The hardest part of this job is that sometimes I have to deal with difficult customers, but thankfully they are few and far between. Management is flexible, approachable, and understanding.
Pros
Pleasant, Knowledgable staff
Cons
Sometimes difficult customers
fast paced environment with positive surroundings
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 September 2017
i enjoyed the fast paced fun workplace, helping customers.sobeys provided free lunches, long breaks . although other employees didnot enjoy working there due to managment it was an experience.
How Sobeys was at the time of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS12 September 2017
I had a great experience with the company, they were excellent to work for no matter what the circumstance was. I had a seizure while at work they were very understanding. They let me come back on modified duties when I was healthy enough to do so. Great management, great job opportunity, I enjoyed the options that I could work for in the store for example I took part in the local events that took place at the bottom of the parking lot.
Pros
2 weeks advance scheduling, family like environment, professional staff and management
Cons
Not enough hours, no discount on the store merchandise, benefits weren't good due to me being the part time
fun place
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 September 2017
fun place to work

the hardest part of the job was gathering carts from parking lot

I learned how to stock shelves with merchandise and how to fqace products
Very Fast pace setting, negative towards new employees. If you did not adapt quickly like I did, you were not appreciated.
Part Time Selector (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB10 September 2017
Great starting salary, good for keeping fit. Difficult as each assignment you get is different, some make it impossible to meet the hourly quota. Sometimes workplace incidents make it difficult to meet the quota aswell.
Pros
Salary, Physical fitness
Cons
Work atmosphere
Enjoyable and simple work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
Sobeys is a pleasant work environment if you're looking for a job that has a living wage for simple labor. Being a cashier there was pleasant, as I got to know the regulars and had fun interacting with people as I scanned their groceries, and was paid to do it.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.