Sobeys

Sobeys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great environment but it depends what field of interest you join.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Sobey's Queen street.June 21, 2014
It all depends on what department you get yourself into, I was in the meat department.
great work atmosphere
File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Rocky Mountain House, ABJune 21, 2014
I very much enjoyed my term of employment with Sobeys RMH. The only reason I left was because I was moving away from the area. I would still be there today, had I not moved away. The management team are a group of wonderful people, who are great to work for and with!
it was ok,,,
Cashier (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 19, 2014
I only worked at the Sobeys for a couple months but it was a typical grocery store process grocery orders handle cash debit and credit some light cleaning, my co workers were ok but the management and supervisors were not entirely the greatest.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJune 13, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: slow workers
Sobeys in Cold lake was quite productive, one was never bored.
fast past environment
Electrical Operator Technician (Current Employee), Vaughan OntJune 13, 2014
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems
• Preform mechanical and electrical maintenance
• In-depth understanding of mechanical and electrical system schematics
•Trained and assisted coworkers on the automation system
Hourly paid Sales Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
Greet customers in the aisles.
Discuss the MasterCard features.
Very friendly work place with lots of new skills and responsibility to attain, good management on a big scale
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2014
Pros: available online learning courses, good benefits
Cons: busy and demanding workplace
I start my work on time, based on a 2-week in advance given schedule, by preparing, cooking, labeling and serving soups, meals, sandwiches, appetizers and a diversity of cheeses; receiving deliveries and ordering basic needs of deli section. It's a very friendly and fun workplace also carefully supervised and quite organized in which I have had an exceptional – more... teamwork experience. – less
Good for a student
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Stratford, PEJune 10, 2014
Good first job for a high school student.
Learn how to associate with customers be considerable
Awful hours and awful job
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 6, 2014
Never get shifts, manager doesn't care, unenjoyable, rude customers, co-workers are all very nice
It was a great experience
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Beaumont, ABJune 2, 2014
I would get to work and stock shelves. I learned to deal with difficult customers. My co-workers were awesome.
Secure job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: busy environment, stability
Cons: drama
Grreat job security,always lots to do and keep busy! Money is decent but there is a bit of drama.
Very nice people to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Sobeys, everyone was very nice. It has been one of the few jobs I can say that getting up for work was a treat.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), newfoundlandMay 27, 2014
Nice place to start a new experience for a while
Normal environment
normal schedules
Fine
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 27, 2014
It was okay place to work. The job at times was okay. The other cashiers were not very nice to people and I did not like it.
Sobey's Reveiw
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMay 27, 2014
This job was/is a great job
Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting all the different people, getting to know them & having those people become "your" regular costumers because of how they like your service, It makes you feel fantastic.
The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness, Its the same motion – more... over & over, it becomes hard on your body. – less
Some get togethers
Asst, Grpcery Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2014
Cons: lomg hours
Knowing how to treat your employees and not cutting hours and thinking that people will work for free.
Grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg MbMay 13, 2014
handled cash credit or debit transactions
bagged groceries
kept my area neat and clean
An environment that helps one grow in experience and skills.
Front End Supervisor/Office Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 12, 2014
Sobeys was my first job and I have grown and learned each day that for the four years I have been there. The people are almost like family, everyone looks out for each other and everyone is very supportive. I worked hard to get to the position of being an Office Clerk/Front End Supervisor. I love working in the office and with people. You grow closer – more... to regular customers and learn more about your fellow employees. My favourite part of everything I do would be managing the floor. You manage your staff and their breaks as well as deal with problems on the registers or with the customers. Any inquiries come to youu. I love the multitasking and interaction aspect of being on the floor. The most difficult part of the job can be balancing the office at the end of my shifts. If a register or a safe or even a bank bundle does not balance, it is my job to find the problem and fix it before my shift is finished. I feel a bit pressured but I love the challenge. – less
Good if you're a mindless robot
Cash/courtesy/Customer Service (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMay 7, 2014
It's a great part time job if you're in school or have a lot of free time..
busy, keep up a quick pace
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Saint John, NBApril 30, 2014
Pros: making money
Cons: short hours few shifts
A typical day at work I begin by cooking the food for the hot case and serving customers. I do prep for the next shift and clean everything in my area.
I have learned quite a lot about food safety and cleanliness. Sobeys is the cleanest place i have worked they are very strict on the proper ways to clean up and how to keep everything safe for costumers – more... and staff.
My co-workers are all very easy to get along with and very helpful. The hardest part of my job is remembering numbers and codes for all of the food and lifting the heavy boxes of chickens. Overall I enjoy my job it keeps me busy the whole shift and I like that I am never board when I'm working. – less

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more