Sobeys Employee Reviews

fun and loving place to work
Seafood Manager (Current Employee) –  Conception Bay South, NLSeptember 5, 2016
Working as a seafood manager is an amazing experience. I love working for sobeys, its like one big family there. Their os many pros and cons with working with sobeys.
Pros
staff are willing in work with your schedule
Cons
if a worker calls in sick having to stay late
My experience
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2016
My coworker - the cashiers - were all happy to be there, quite funny and hard working. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Sobey's.
Pros
i got money
Cons
i lost my job
Great place for a first job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKSeptember 3, 2016
A typical day consisted of bagging groceries, sweeping the floor, cleaning up dropped product and restocking shelves. Management was great, the store operated smoothly.
Good place to work!
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 3, 2016
Co-workers are helpful
It is friendly environment to work in.
Typical busy days so time pass fast.
Working in Sobeys was a constant learning experience, meeting new faces, understanding who was who and being attentive was the absolute priority.
productive workplace
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB and Regina, SKSeptember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at Sobeys in Calgary. I was there almost 2 years. I did not approve of some of the management whose behaviour was questionable.
When I would raise that concern with them, I felt that my voice was never being heard.
Pros
pleasant coworkers and customers
Cons
management could have used more professionalism
productive and on the go work place
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABAugust 31, 2016
bagging groceries, collecting carts and baskets. co-workers are friendly and hard-working, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and talking to customers. hardest part of the job is dealing with the busy times because sobey's gets busy at different times throughout the day.
Pros
you would get free food in the lunch room occasionally
Cons
shifts are hard to get
n/a
Customer Service/Deli Operations (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 30, 2016
I am just looking for a new job. There is no review for Sobeys as theyve asked not to give reviews. It has asking me for more info about the company but i cant give my input. Ill just say I am a very hard worker and my goals are to extend by skills by learning new things. I am very punctual, hardworking and v
ery into completing goals that i set or are set for me.
Helpful and dedicated staff
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 29, 2016
challenging busy environment to ensure work is done on time.

Co-workers were their to help in every way to run the flow of work smoothly.

Minimum supervision working night shift.
First Job
Part-time bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABAugust 28, 2016
Perfect job for a teenager starting out, good hours wage was reasonable at the time of employment. Was expected to finish duties in a timely matter which was manageable.
Just a typical minimum wage job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2016
The overall work was ok, but the store managers were inadequate with their people skills. They treat their employees with no respect and value. But taking them aside, the overall experience was great.
unorganized
Deli customer service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 17, 2016
Manager was never around when needed, procedures would change all the time with out being notified. Other employees would wander around.
Great learning experience
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, ONAugust 16, 2016
As Sobeys being my first form of employment, I was not only shown basic cash and customer service skills but gained knowledge on working for a large company and the positions within. With food safety being the main priority I was taught extensive cleaning and safety measures. I have had the pleasure of serving small town clientele that are usually a lot more amicable and courteous which results in an overall pleasant work experience.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Limited room for growth
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, ABAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work was standing around, ringing peoples groceries through. I learned some important social skills and how to multitask more easily. Management was friendly and taught me well. I got along with most of my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was probably when the sore was bus and I either ran out of bags or the computer froze. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiling, satisfied customer leaving the store.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONAugust 14, 2016
cashier

i would scan items in order for people to pay for them and handle cash at various times throughout my shift. When there was a break in a rush we would have to clean our areas and invite people to come to our checkout.

The co workers were nice and fun to work with, but the managers were tolerable and i listened to them every time they gave orders, they were just not nice at many times
Pros
good work environment
Cons
I have worked here for many years and I enjoy the job.
Office Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 14, 2016
This job has helped me to grow as a person. I started this job at a very young age and it has helped me to develop customer service skills. This job has also helped me to become the reliable hard working person I am today.
Pros
flexible work place.
Cons
hard work place to move up in.
Fast Work Fun , Something You can take enjoyment out of working.
Forklift Operator Wear House (Former Employee) –  Debert, NSAugust 9, 2016
Building Pallets and driving the fork lift or pallets jacks , you had to pick count on a week base overall count from your five days of picking pallets for stores. Management Was pretty good overall other then head office which didnt really see the work that was being done and how well. The Hardest part of the job was trying to push your own numbers trying to show that you can pick the best numbers in the plant.
Pros
Bounces if trucks were done on time or early
Cons
If people were slacking and bring down every ones numbers
Worked the front end in a busy location, with a high stress on customer service.
Inventory, and CAO for Front (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2016
I started off as a part time cashier for the front end. I was responsible for handling cash and delivering excellent customer service. I was then asked to work in the grocery department as well, doing CAO and inventory as well as working the floor.
productive and fun place to work
Bakery Clerk, Cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSAugust 5, 2016
a day spent decorating cakes and pastries for customers and for service case. very customer focused..great co workers..most enjoyable
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours
A good place to work...
Coordinator, Lease Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2016
There is no training involved with working at Sobeys. You are thrown into the position with no knowledge of what is expected.
Productive and funwork place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 2, 2016
Sobeys is a good place to work and I enjoy a lot while working there. Management is really very productive and active. Other staffs are also dedicated.