Sobeys Employee Reviews

Found 1,037 reviews matching the search
Productive, fun place to work
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 November 2016
Always something to do, good customers, was fun working with flowers, worked on my own a lot(I personally didn't mind), was therapeutic at times. Management was nice and friendly, however they are the sole reason for my departure. You're in water a lot, your hands are frequently cold, you have dirt under your nails almost always.
Hard work with unreasonable expectations
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2016
I have written a review for Sobeys RSC Winnipeg 3 times now and it just keeps getting deleted!
The work as an Order Selector is brutal. They expect you to go so fast. If you are 18 to mid 20's and in really good shape you may find this place acceptable.
The equipment is very old and poorly maintained. The warehouse floor is crowded and it is hard to do your job in between the excess staff working and the many pallets blocking the isles.
They just signed their first union contract that is terrible and they agreed to 9 YEARS!
Pros
Nice hot inexpensive food in the onsite cafe.
Cons
Forced overtime, poor placement of items in warehouse making it hard to pick orders, poorly maintained machines
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2016
Great place to work, been employed with Sobeys for 18 years. Excellent co workers, and many opportunities exist. Learned from many great leaders
Deli Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 November 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Sobeys, along with most of the staff I worked with. However, the manager of the department I was in preferred to play favorites and only those who were friends with her received special treatment, such as all time off requests, advancements, bonuses, etc.
Pros
Enjoyed the work I did
Cons
Management attitude
Great work experience & training
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE28 October 2016
During the day me and my coworkers would package, label and put out the products. We would then stock shelves, make donuts ect. Along with helping customers.
Pros
Baked goods!
Cons
closing department alone
Hard work but friendly people
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 October 2016
Extremely fast paced and physically demanding. Great benefits and job security. Over 700 employees working on 3 shifts. Everyone was real easy to get along with.
Pros
Great wage and benefits
Cons
physically hard on the body
freshly baked food
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 October 2016
I love waking up and going to work, being able to start on baking goods, such as muffins, or buns. Money Handling and seeing a smile on customers face made my shifts and hours go by faster.
Pros
very friendly staff
fun work place
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ferme-Neuve, QC24 October 2016
perfect for a first job to gain knowledge and experience. good managment, fun and productive work environment. got to practice my costumer servuice skills
'
productive/need a change
Grocery Clerk/key supervisor (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB23 October 2016
I like my job and my Schedule .The boss is great and usually works with her staff and its like a family oriented place .I like the work just not the pay.
Pros
Wonderul boss
Cons
the hourly pay
Fun and energetic place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2016
Sobeys was a fun and energetic environment. The managers were all very understanding when I left dues to medical issues within my home.
Pros
Amazing staff and coworkers
Cons
Great place to interact with co-workers and customers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 October 2016
I have done this type of work in the past and it is a bit difficult physically, but it's getting better every day. I love meeting and interacting with the customers. I've only been there a month, so I haven't gotten to know very many people, but the other cashiers are very nice and so is my supervisor.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Physically challenging
Fast paced fun place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blairmore, Alberta18 October 2016
I learnt a lot at my time working at Sobeys. I learnt how to quickly cut and prepare food, clean up my station super good, how to work efficiently under stressful situations, and especially how to let grumpy coworkers slide.
Pros
good pay, breaks
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Good Job for Students
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2016
Sobeys is a good job for students. I would recommend someone to work for Sobeys as long as they are ok with shift work. The staff is reliable in my own opinion and management treats you well.
Pros
staff, atmosphere
Cons
Shift Work, Management, job security
Great Boss and staff in general
Finance Business Analyst and SAP System Testing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
Great Boss and staff in general'
Learnt a great deal about the business and from the great staff that worked in the Edmonton office
Edmonton office moved to calgary
Very Clean and Great customer service
Front End Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2016
Great staff, always glad to help out customers with questions. Many paths one can take for future advancement. Spent most of time outdoors which has its pros and cons.
Pros
Free Lunches, great people to work with
Relaxed Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 October 2016
Sobeys is another relaxed workplace where you go to have your first real job, easy people and easy shifts make it an appealing place to work while finding a more stable job.
great experience
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 October 2016
This was one of my first real jobs and I enjoyed learning a new industry. I met lots of great people and got good experience working with customers first hand.
Amazing company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON14 October 2016
family like atmosphere, very caring. Focus on customer service and goes the extra mile to make sure customer has what they need. Great asset to the community!
Excellent place to work, really good
Supervisor at the Front End (Current Employee) –  McKenzie Towne, AB12 October 2016
It is a really good place to work, people is very good workers, management is at 100 %
I really enjoy work there, the only problem for my is the schedule time, I can"t be able to work on weekends
Good for students
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 October 2016
This is a good place for students to work. Workers often overworked and under-compensated. Management tends to be disorganized or disinterested in their jobs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
disorganized