Sobeys

Sobeys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interacting with customers
deli clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2014
It was fun, interacting with customers, my co-workers were vey friendly. Everyone their had nothing to judge they would accept who a person is.The management was really good they would always get everything done on time. I had clean, slice meat, serve customers at a reasonable pace. Making customers happy was the best part of the job.
busy place precise clean
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 8, 2014
good team to work for short winter hours though
long days sometimes short
friendly costumers
good management did what they could to help you
lots of work to do to keep you busy
the best part of the job was you got to see the happy costumers walk away with a smile
the hardest part sometimes was completing all the daily tasks
labouer (Former Employee), fortmcmurrayMarch 6, 2014
able welding its a okay company to work for good paying job................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sobeys
Customer Service Associate in Deli (Current Employee), Fonthill, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: get breaks and lunches
I've worked at Sobeys for over 5 years. I've very much enjoyed the work environment. It is a great part time job for students.
ok place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: worked on your own
Cons: non
Everyday you get trucks coming in with grocery items and you checked order to make sure nothing was missing then delivered to proper area of the store
Disappointing Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2014
Pros: met some nice people, enjoyed training other staff, good benefits for full-timers
Cons: stress, demoralized staff, toxic environment
I was disappointed with Sobeys, found they misrepresented the position.

As a supervisor I was told that I would be a Coach and mentor both things I am passionate about. but in reality, the position was that of a strict policy enforcer and task master.

Seemed like there were staffing issues. Lots of people phoning in sick. Lots of complaining. Staff – more... were quite unpleasant to each other. – less
bowling
cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 28, 2014
When you first start your shift everyone greets you and feel very great about yourself and your work ethic, ("at customer service disk". this is a very good thing) But most of the time you will always find co-workers doing nothing hanging around customer service or standing around doing nothing like red line or using cellphone to text don't get me wrong – more... even at customer service desk they text as well. The tells are never cleaned and the garbages are always overfull. the stoke is very poor sometimes you can never find what you are looking for one minute they have it and another they don't.
About your co-worker they have a lot of very young co-workers in this industry that they do not know what they are doing or want to do nothing except for what they know best is texting or wishing they can be with their friends, and a young customer service gal well she thinks that she knows it all but we all know that she doesn't, and to young to sell lotto it does not matter how long you work for the company she can not be at customer service desk selling cigarettes or looto intel she is 19 years of age you massell hire a children.
We dont have any problems with any managers may be one or two but that normal for this industry.
benefits, oh they have benefits you have 5 or 6 month to call in. If don't you have to wait til next year. the most enjoyable part is jest standing there doing nothing at the til's looking bored as hell and not doing any thing that is my most enjoyable things ;) haahaaaah! – less
comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Angus, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Once you start working at Sobeys, most of your shifts fall into a pattern. Your number one priority is to help customers, don't make them wait for you. When you are not with a customer you are either helping a co worker by bagging or you can clean your station, do garbage or sweep. Many co workers are easy to get along with as well as supervisors. The – more... hardest part of being a cashier can be a frustrated customer or someone that is not particularly friendly, but if customers are in a good mood and you show you are, socializing with customers can be the best part, especially if they are regular customers because you really get to know them. – less
Good first job
Cashier at Sobeys (Former Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 25, 2014
good starting job while in high school. Met a lot of nice people and learned good communication skills.
Perfect Place to Work!
Cashier (Current Employee), Riverview, NBFebruary 24, 2014
I loved working at Sobeys! I learned so much on Customer Service and cash handling policies.
Sobyes
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Pincher Creek, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: working with great team that really cairs
Cons: not getting the hours that i would like
At Sobyes we put customers first and that is something that I really like. Because with out the customers we would not have a job, and nor would there be a need to have a great boss. Here at Sobyes we like to make sure that you the customer finds what you are looking for, and if its out of stock we would be happy to make a rain check out for you.
Typical Grocery Store
DELI CLERK (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: exciting co-workers
Cons: absolutely no incentive to spend any money at the store
Working for 8 hours with no chance of overtime, even though it's illegal; my department manager is very amiable, but the store manager is only concerned about his own wallet and how any expenditure affects his bonus at the end of the year, which leaves us with partially non-functioning equipment. Some fun regular customers though, easy to get along – more... with and fun to chat with. – less
Unpredictablity mixed with multi tasking
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: easy going
Cons: random hours
Shifts were 6 hours long. Working in the deli section involved stocking deli meats and cheeses, slicing meats and cheeses for customers, also cooking and managing food for the hot case side, and receiving orders every Tuesday. The deli section can remain quite, then spontaneously become very busy. Management was very understanding and flexible. The – more... hardest part of the job would have to the moments were you are left alone to manage both the coking hot case side, and slicing meat the same time. The most enjoyable part was working with my fellow employees – less
Very Productive and Fun Workplace.
Sobeys Produce Clerk (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 18, 2014
I come into work and I complete all tasks left for me such as filling the racks with fruits and vegetables or organizing the backroom cooler. I engage in conversation with customers to provide service when it is needed.
It was alright but very tedious and boring
Cashier (Former Employee), Beaumont, ABFebruary 18, 2014
I liked my co workers but I definitely am happy that I left there. It was perfect for a part time job but I wouldn't recommend a full time job there unless you're offered good pay. Being a cashier is very boring and tedious.
Working a Sobeys
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 17, 2014
I would bag peoples orders and get the carts from out side and the baskets
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 16, 2014
A typical day at work was very repetitive, although there was always room to move forward in the company, the management and the co-workers were very friendly and helped you when stuck in a situation.
Exciting Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Rothesay, NBFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: appreciation, friendly, neighborly
Cons: can be hard on the body, standing, stretching, pulling and lifting heavy items.
Fun workplace, team oriented, organized, customer service oriented

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more