Sobeys

Sobeys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great people
Deli/A la carte (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 25, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: long lunches
i work with alot of great people and they are so fun to be around.. the company is a great place to work for. they help out alot and everyone enjoys it
Good Experience
Floor Supervisor and Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), bramptonMay 20, 2015
I gained more knowledge and experience. Sobeys is a great place to work thats close to home.I gained more knowledge and experience. Sobeys is a great place to work thats close to home.
Ok
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: job advancement, wage, management, poor moral
A typical day will include going through and filling out receiving orders. Pricing items according to department procedure. Rotating expiration items and providing knowledge of items (placement) to customers.

Good starter job
A place you can laugh and have fun but still get the work done
clean in the meat dep (Former Employee), waterlooMay 12, 2015
Pros: it was easy
Cons: only working 4 hour every other day
* I go in get the pans in the sink sweep then i hoes everything down then i put all the water down in the gran.

* I learned a little bit about different meat

* The management was good

* My co-workers where all nice

*My hardest part of my job was to remember the number for the meat

* The most enjoyable part of my job was going on brake
it was a awesome place to work!
front end supervisior (Former Employee), fort mcmurray albertaMay 11, 2015
I learned a lot of new skills while working at sobeys...my co workers were amazing...a lot of fun activities like a super Christmas party!
great people
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Stephen, NBMay 3, 2015
I enjoyed working there with the people I worked with ... everyone got along great and helped each other out when needed.
OK
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee), March Road, KanataMay 2, 2015
Working at Sobeys was great while it lasted as the managers and people in charge really knew what they were doing and did it well.
Good place to work, good work life balance
Retail Bakery Specialist (Current Employee), points west edmonton albertaApril 30, 2015
Great place to work, everyday comes with different challenges,
days are never too long,
we are encouraged to do healthy activities and our caf serves healthy food choices,
Fun workplace with hard working people
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 29, 2015
I enjoyed working at Sobeys because of the great work atmosphere. I learned about the various planning approaches with management in merchandising. My co-workers were extremely helpful in guiding me with situations that I was not well versed in.
Good pay, iffy managment
Deli - a la carte clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great people, decent management, good pay
Working at sobeys, raises come on proper times, however some management is not the best. However, they do show great efforts which is appreciated.
not fun workplace with lost of dirt an bad outcomes
Labourer (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 22, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: hours, management
a typical day at sobeys , id be surprised not to hear someone yelling at another co worker or yelling at themselves , the hardest part of the job was to try an get along with everyone there because no one was socially inclined there
Enriching and fun working
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: standing for long periods of time
Working at Sobeys is a pleasure. A typical day is to assist customers when begin their grocery items. Also, I have to clean my cash till to maintain store cleanliness. The managers are friendly and listen to employee's needs. My co-workers are supportive and help make work enjoyable.
Hard work never goes unrewarded
Bakery Manager (Current Employee), St. Paul, ABApril 18, 2015
typical work day was producing large amount of breads and buns for the community of 5000 people including constant lifting of 44 lbs bags of flour and 18 lbs of dough from the mixer for 9 hours. learned that communication and organization completes the work day. \management was around when need. Had few co workers to work with or constant change over. Hardest part of the job is putting 100 pieces of stock away 4 days a week solo. Most enjoyable part is being able to help fulfill the customers needs.
easy going but proffessional
Service Clerk (Current Employee), sydney NSApril 18, 2015
four stars out of five, above average and very clean! very team focused, all the employees feel like friends, and good management.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), AjaxApril 17, 2015
The management and co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is during holidays and peak hours. The most enjoyable part is working with genuine and fun co-workers.
...
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Riverview, NBApril 13, 2015
Pros: get to eat old pizza
Cons: no benifets
a typical day at work would be either making pizza's all day prepping them and making customers happy or tossing salads making sure they are fresh clean and full or prepping chicken making chicken fries potpies ext..
Excellent staff and superviors
Cashier (Former Employee), Fall River, NSApril 10, 2015
Excellent place to work, I gained a lot of experience in 3 years of working there and was sad to leave and it looks great on a resume, employers love it.
Sobeys
Bakery clerk, helped customers, wrote on cakes (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2015
- Work is really easy and pretty simple
- Learnt to be efficient in my work and to work hard
- Helping customers was the most enjoyable part of the job
Insulator
Cashier, Stocking Shelves (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSApril 7, 2015
I was a pipe insulator for a company in fort MacMurray. We would insulate many different pipes in the plane so they don't freezes due to cold.
Fast Paced and A Fun Place To Be In
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 5, 2015
Pros: Friendly People
Cons: Hard Working
Sobeys was my first ever job and I loved it. The people there were excellent and treated you with respect. I just made a big mistake working there that sadly got me fired and I regret ever making it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more