Sobeys Employee Reviews

Found 1,301 reviews matching the search
Sobeys Review
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2017
Sobeys is a good starting job, that is supportive of their employees and their circumstances. They make it easy for students to focus on their studies.
fun to work at
Produce stocker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2017
I loved working there. great place but not enough hours. I had to stock fruits and vegatables. I had to do samples, clean, sweep and help customers. Great place everyone was so nice
Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  125 the queensway26 June 2017
Being a cashier was a pretty good first job, as I worked there part-time during high school. Fellow employees created a friendly environment for myself and our customers.
Pros
friendly workers on the floor
Cons
giving 7 hours and 45 minute shifts so you didn't get a lunch break
poor work enviroment
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 June 2017
employees opinions are not listened to, Employees not treated fair, favorite get extra benefits.

When sobeys was Garden Market, the company was a fun and great company to work for.
Productive Work Place
Worker (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB25 June 2017
I enjoyed working here and learning to handle customers. The management team was fair. The employees are welcoming and hardworking people. Would recommend.
Boring.
Palletjack Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 June 2017
I hated working here, staff is horrible. Very unorganized. Lots of yelling between staff members. Bosses are very rude and racist. Drugs are done in the bathroom.
Le poste d'assembleur (étudiant) à Terrebonne est déconseillé
Assembleur (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC25 June 2017
Le travail d'assembleur consiste à suivre les directions d'un système informatisé afin de remplir les commandes pour les magasins tout en respectant un nombre d'articles à l'heure.

Mis à part la flexibilité de l'horaire de travail, je dirais que cette expérience fut la pire que j'ai eue à date.

Le travail est extrêmement répétitif et déprimant
Les pauses sont très courtes ( un 15 min et un 30 min)
les heures ne sont pas garanties
le salaire de départ est inférieur à la moyenne du milieu ( 12$ vs 15$ de jour)
la progression salariale est faible
Même après votre formation vous aurez une panoplie de question témoignant de la qualité de celle-ci.
Vous ne serez qu'un vulgaire numéro pour les contremaîtres donc attendez vous à être traité comme un robot.
Certains nouveaux travailleurs ont été forcés d'embarquer dans le quart de nuit sous peine de perdre leur emploi.
Overtime forcé
Good company but old in its way
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2017
Need to improve their safety procedure and standard. the good thing is that they have a cafeteria. Good location to work. Long hours if you are going to school.
Pros
Cafetria
Cons
not for young students
Good part-time job during a busy school year
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 June 2017
This job is a very good job if looking for an easy part time job to have during a busy school year because you aren't made to work many hours if you don't want to.
Never work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON21 June 2017
Probably one of the worst jobs i've ever had. Owners are morons with very odd strategies to sell product and supervising staff shows no respect to subordinates. The job itself a makes you a zombie. Come work at Sobeys if you want to be an undead doormat.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Like anything in life, it is what you make it.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 June 2017
Typical day at Sobey's was full of hard work and fun.
I picked up many MHE skills (reach, dock stocker, scrubber/Zamboni and end rider)
It was a unionised environment and as such there were the complications you might expect between labour and management but overall it was an amicable relationship.
Making labor standards was quite challenging at times and kept you fit!
Loved making new friends and taking part in the many opportunities offered to socialise outside of regular work hours.
Pros
Great pay and fair vacations and benefits.
Great stepping stone
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
good place to work. Guys are great. Management can be a little more professional and understanding towards there employees. Pays well and also has benefits.
Liked people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 June 2017
It was nice working there.the people made it fun.they would have lots of free draws,for movie tickets or $25 draws cash.managment wasn't the greatest the company needed to hire better people to run the warehouse.
Pros
Cons
Managment
fun to work at good managers
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
i really like the manager very nice people there they would help when i was needed always had something to do there and i was given good shift always when i asked for them
Good place to be employed
CASHIER-CUSTOMER SERVICE-COURTESY (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 June 2017
Sobeys taught me how to grow and be more personable with the returning and new customers. They helped me develop a sense of confidence in my customer service abilities. the people i worked with were amazing and the management was always there when needed.
Safety above all and respect to the workplace.
Ala Carte clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Sobey's Ala Carte had a culture to serve everyone with respect and served everything fresh. The workplace was clean and safety was prioritized when it comes to working with an equipment. I learned to respect the idea of having a clean surrounding which makes the workplace a lot easier to work in. The management respected each individual worker.
Cashier/ Admin (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS14 June 2017
I absolutely love my job and everyone at Sobeys BUT I have been there for 16 years and still part time I need full time hours to survive!! Sobeys is an awesome place to work!
productive and good co operative staff
baker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
I am journeyman baker and got award top apprentice baker at 2012. I willing to learn new skills and willing to give hand when someone need. I love to work at Sobeys but problems is not guaranteed working hour.
Cons
not guaranteed working hour
$16.00per hour
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB12 June 2017
Take care peoples orders, helps customers to find the Groceries in the store that's what they need. Friendly to all the employee , and working hard.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Busy Workplace, Always moving.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON11 June 2017
A typical day at work at sobeys was basically the same thing every shift. The management was trash. I learned how to serve customers fast. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy. Since I was in the bakery It would be busiest in my department around big holidays.
Pros
Co- Workers, Always something to do
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.