Sobeys Employee Review

Amazing and knowledgeable staff, flexible hours and supportive company.
Baker, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 January 2014
My co-workers were like my family. We worked very hard in a day but we had lots of laughs which created a positive environment for all.

Other Sobeys Employee Reviews

Not bad for a first job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb21 February 2018
I say first job but it's actually been over 4 years... I've stayed around that long because they are really flexible with hours (part-time @ school, full time in summer), most co-workers are really nice people. I should note that I am naturally a pretty hard worker and if you slack off too much it won't work out. The work is pretty easy, except for some times like around christmas when it becomes way too busy for the amount of staff my department has. Most managers are pretty good. They say they care about customer service but I don't think they actually care you can pretty much do whatever you want. Training is pretty minimal, they don't even show you how to use the phone rip.
Pros
ez work, great coworkers, flexible scheduling
Cons
can be understaffed, boring, meh management
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
Not at the moment. It just depends on the day to day job, it's mostly ups and downs. Example if you have a good crew and manager it's awesome, if not your day just kinda sucks. Same goes with the customers. Anyway that's about it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.