Sobeys Employee Reviews

Hard to advance
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB21 October 2017
Decent pay after a couple years of work. However hours can be hard to come by. That being said the managers will work with your schedule if you have a specific day you need off.
Great first job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB20 October 2017
A typical day of work for a stock person consists mainly of stocking and rotating items on the shelves and cleaning up at the end of the day. The hardest part of the job is being efficient enough to stock all of the stock and leaving enough time to clean at the end of the day.
Sobeys environment
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2017
This was a fun place to work , it was very fast paced and required dedication. The co workers was wonderful, and I enjoyed working here. I am well suited as a baker, but I had a lot f pressure as well.
job expectations
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 October 2017
Good people to work with. not an extremely busy place. regular customers. shift hours depending on what department you work at. good for a first job or students.
Customer Service/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON17 October 2017
Give exceptional service to all customers by being friendly and helpful.

Handle and count large sums of money approximately $8000 per shift

Resolve the issues of dozens of displeased customers every shift.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 October 2017
Great place to work. Friendly staff. Organized. Respectable managing, fast paced enviornment. Competitive wages and lots of health benefits. Clean work stations.
Bonne entreprise
Superviseur Courtage Transport (Current Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC16 October 2017
Belle culture d'entreprise et une grande emphase est mise sur le programme de développement continu de ses employés.
Average employer with great benefits
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 October 2017
Sobeys is an alright place to work with pretty good benefits if you're a full time employee or work there for longer than 6 months. I personally enjoyed the products we made in the bakery and was excited to try new things whenever they were introduced to our shelves.
great place
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 October 2017
this company was a great company to work for all the employees i meet were nice and helpful i loved helping the customers find what they were looking for
Sobeys is a innovative organization with a focus on providing great customer service, a broad assortment at competitive prices.
Director, National Procurement (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
Sobeys is National retail organization with strong presence in the market. They are constantly exploring methods to efficiently improve customer experience, while improving top and bottom line results. The management team is provides opportunities for growth with an entrepreneurial mind set for their employees. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Supportive with growth opportunies
Cons
Constant change

Want to know more about Sobeys?

Ask a question
I already filled this out
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 October 2017
I had a great time filling this information out twice such a lovely experience , you just have to laugh to yourself , I learned so much and honestly am really glad i had the opportunity develop work experience.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
job security
Part Time at Sobeys
Cashier/Front (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 October 2017
I really enjoy working with all of my co-workers and I enjoy taking care of customers. I am thrilled to have been picked for this position. Best place to work part time.
Pros
Amazing staff.
Cons
Far away from my house.
Great starting point, flexible hours
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 October 2017
Sobeys was an amazing first job. It taught me responsibility and how to communicate in a work place. I learned about food safety and punctuality. very flexible with hours and department transfer.
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
If you like the grocery environment and love to work with your hands this is the job for you.

Management was great!

There are also perks to this job once you become an employee.

I believe if they incorporate a better system for job advancement they would secure more employees.
okay place to work
Bakery manager/clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
was not given any creative freedom, as the bakery manager, and most of the job, was actually unloading and loading boxes, and spending long periods in the freezers
Pros
Reliable hours
Cons
hard work, heavy lifting
okay place to woek
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 October 2017
Managers try their best and try to implement company policies as much as possible.
You get really bored and not get a lot of opportunities to interact with coworkers. Customers can get rude and are very picky with how they want their bags packed, etc.

The biggest con is that you get no discount or any perks for working there. Really makes you wonder why you're even working there, you could literally work anywhere else that has more benefits.
Hours vary a lot, you could get 4 hour to 8 hour shifts in the same week. The amount of hours you get are very inconsistent. One week you get 28 hours and the next week you get 10 hours?? This without having changed my availability or anything.
I have also noticed that they give all the hours to the new people and by the 3rd month i am here, I am no longer getting as much hours as before.

It is not that bad though, it rarely gets too busy and you get paid.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no discount, inconsistent amount of hours per week
Great place to work and great environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 October 2017
It is a great place to work the customers are very understanding for new beginners, the staff is very good at teaching and management is great with a couple draw back with hours but other than that sobeys is a great place to work at
Pros
Continent distance from my house
Cons
Difficult with hours
great team to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  1939 Bishop Grandin6 October 2017
Management try to make work fun! Meet new people every day. most enjoyable part of job is interacting with the customers. the hardest part of the job would be twisting of the torso to scan groceries. it takes a toll on the lower back!
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 October 2017
Scanned and packed groceries
Responsible for delivering 100% customer satisfaction
Conducted customer’s transactions –Debit, credit, or cash
Sampler and Display food for customers
Pros
hours
Cons
work
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
A great and upbeat work environment to work in, very friendly staff as well as great management. A place of no judgement and over all a wonderful place!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.