Sobeys Employee Review

low pay
Grocery Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 October 2013
Co workers were great. Hours were being cut and the pay was minimum wage. Could not do it for long and felt was only good for me while attending college.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
minimum wage

Other Sobeys Employee Reviews

Not bad for a first job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb21 February 2018
I say first job but it's actually been over 4 years... I've stayed around that long because they are really flexible with hours (part-time @ school, full time in summer), most co-workers are really nice people. I should note that I am naturally a pretty hard worker and if you slack off too much it won't work out. The work is pretty easy, except for some times like around christmas when it becomes way too busy for the amount of staff my department has. Most managers are pretty good. They say they care about customer service but I don't think they actually care you can pretty much do whatever you want. Training is pretty minimal, they don't even show you how to use the phone rip.
Pros
ez work, great coworkers, flexible scheduling
Cons
can be understaffed, boring, meh management
Drama
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB20 February 2018
Bad place to work at, dont treat you correctly.
If you are a manager you get treated way better than regular employees. Lots of stress rude customers for the amount you are paid for..
Pros
Cons
Drama, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.