Sobeys Employee Review

Fun workplace with reliable crew
Night Shift Crew (Current Employee) –  Paris23 January 2014
Decent company to work for depending on your position, has a great night crew. The worst part of the job would be facing or back stock. A perk of the job would be working with people you like.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
non organized

Other Sobeys Employee Reviews

Decent place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 January 2018
Nothing out of the ordinary. Basic grocery store tasks. Starting to feel like its turning into Superstore or Walmart. Upon hiring I was told they offered "flexible hours and competitive wages", but I have yet to see this.
Great co-workers
Front End Cashier/Self-Serve Monitor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 January 2018
I had excellent supervisors and co-workers and very much liked my work environment as a front-end cashier. You certainly learn a great deal about very diverse people in a short time as a grocery store cashier, both good and bad. I believe the salaries are too low-rated for front-end personnel: it should always be much better than minimum wage, as they are NOT permitted to accept tips or gratuities from customers, and they frequently are required to deal with intoxicated people, verbally abusive ones and are expected to do this with a smile AS WELL AS standing on their feet all the time and lifting and packing groceries. I also strongly dislike the practice of corporate employers to hire all part-timers and only a select few full timers, and Sobeys seems to follow this practice: I feel they would have much less staff turn-over at every level if true fulltime positions were available to front end staff.
Pros
Easy access to on-line training, solid management practices
Cons
Full time positions rarely available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.