Sobeys Employee Reviews

Found 1,122 reviews matching the search
the most enjoyable part of the job
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON16 February 2017
my most enjoyable part of the job is working with my team, and contributing with the customers. I learned more communication skills and it helps me be successful.
Pros
great co-workers
Excellent starter job, with easy management gaining.
Customer Service, Cashier, Parcel Pickup, Grocery (Current Employee) –  Pictou, NS16 February 2017
Great starter job, they hire all kinds of people. Hundreds of locations accross Canada with the same goal, to help Canadians Eat Better, Feel Better, and Do better.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Overstaffed most of the time, preventing most from getting benefits. Shift work is not a permanent option.
good place to work for
Retail Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2017
nice people. good management. pleasant group environment. good location. flexible hours to work with. No stress. Good pay rate to start and end.
No place for career.
Retail Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  HRM,NS15 February 2017
I trained to be a Butcher/Meat Cutter at Sobeys eventually working in most of their stores in HRM throughout a almost nine year career.
I cant call it a career because they never paid me more than 9.50 per hour or hired me full time but I was good enough to work in most of theirs within HRM and outskirts?

I quit working for Sobeys when less experienced boys were hired full time over me with less training and experience, at Sobeys its more important who you know rather than being a dedicated hard working employee.

Be smart stay in school and get a real career!
Pros
It was great at first, but when you cant pay your bills...
Cons
No money, under paid
Not Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
I got experience with customer service how deal with the customer daily basics. Not happy to work this place. They don't teach anything. don't want to talk
Cons
Part Time
terrible place to work.
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High River, AB11 February 2017
there is not much to say about the high river sobeys. the management there treat the store as a "family business" and there is too much drama in the workplace. It's like High School all over again.
Pros
you get breaks.
Cons
staff treat the store as a place to hang out.
fast pace, great staff
Marketing Coordinator - Retail Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2017
exciting place to work, pushes you to work hard and be your best.I enjoyed the staff and meeting the clients. great amenities for the staff to enjoy. they have a gym and great cafeteria food options.
Pros
affordable cafeteria for staff
Cons
management can be difficult to deal with
Not recommended
Cash Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB10 February 2017
Not much room for advancement. It's still a 'who you know' company in order to move up. Unrealistic expectations for minimal pay.
Great customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
Great company. Great customer service. Keeps you on your feet. You learn new things everyday day. Awesome associate and management team. Friendly environment. Long breaks and great hours.
deli
Deli Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON9 February 2017
I was still in highschool when I worked here so I just worked after school and on weekends in the deli department slicing meat. You learnt how to convert pounds and it was a great learning experience
Pros
good experience
Cons
short shifts
great place
Duty Supervisor, Cashier, Cash Office (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 February 2017
great place to work
very flexible schedule
scheduled more hours than originally expected
friendly staff
encouraging management
understanding about family balance
productive energetic easy to get along with and quick paced.
cashier stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
My work day was stocking shelves, cleaning shelves doing price changes. cashier and selling tobacco in Tabaco shop. worked well with other, was able to handle issues with employes when issues occurred. Communication skills were great and a social talker to customers.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager, Retail Store (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2017
Provides opportunity to learn and run things independently with ample opportunity for growth as it is an emerging store chain. Provides health benefits for employees who are regular here.
Rewarding and inspirational
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 February 2017
During my time at Sobeys in the bakery I learned many new skills and it was very rewarding. It was lovely getting the chance to develop a new skill for when decorating and displaying. It was a new way for me to learn about marketing for the eye on the go.
great place
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB7 February 2017
Sobeys is a great place they are very team oriented and offer competitive wages. The work is very people involved and you often have to deal with customers questions and complaints.
awesome coworkers to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
Sobeys is a very good company to work for. I never had any bad experiences . Awesome co-workers, excellent customers, and good benefits. You stand for periods of time, but it comes with the job. I would work for Sobeys again.
Pros
awesome job
Cons
standing sometimes hard on back and legs.
Good job until they gave me more hours then I asked for
Shelf Stocker, Customer Service and Inventory (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB6 February 2017
I had a great time working there the management was decent and treated me well, until they started giving me more hours then I asked for which became too much to balance between school and work.
Pros
Sometimes we would get free lunch or breakfast
New learning experience
Bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
It was a new and fun learning experience dealing with customers and handling their orders. Learning to restock shelves was the most challenging.
Great place to learn customer service skills
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
Typical day is well balanced between people and work. Our front end manager is great and helpful. Everyone gets along and helps each other out. I enjoy being around everyone and being able to converse with people who come into the store. The hardest part of the job is having to find things to do on slow days to prepare the store for people to come in and shop happily and efficiently.
Safe, fun environment, and Great staff
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
Every morning the employees would sign in at the start of their shift. Than we grab a power jack or fork lift next we start on our work orders. There is always a supervisor on the floor or the main desk in the warehouse is always open for questions and help. Work in the warehouse is enjoyable the hardest part is keeping up with delivering orders on time. I like to finish my orders on time and I like working under low supervision.