Sobeys Employee Reviews in Canada

Great family dynamic
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONJune 29, 2016
It was like working with a family everyone is very friendly and helpful, team work is a huge part of the company. And customers seemed to have a good experience throughout the store. Always went out of their way to make employees feel important by having us choose our fellow co-workers who desire to be appreciated within each department. Also having employee lunch's where food is provided and games.
Time for a change
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 22, 2016
Sobeys is a good company to work for.
I enjoyed my time with them, I need a new challage. A challenge that I can use my talents to be more successful
productive and fun place to work at
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 19, 2016
A great place to work at. the people there were really helpful and friendly and i learned a lot from them. i felt really good helping customers. i learned how to decorate cakes, take cake orders, serve and guide customers. overall it was a really friendly place to work at.
Pros
free food
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 19, 2016
i was hired for cash, but when its not busy i would help in other departments and cleaning the store. since moving to nb, sobeys has been my favorite job
Pros
coworkers and customers
Cons
slow days
Productive and Fun
Front Cashier/Keyholder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
Team and management is very supporting, and always supportive of one another. Friendly environment, and easy communication with each other.
Good learning experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ONJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at Sobey's. I found it to be a very professional environment and everyone worked well together. Although I received a decent amount of hours, they weren't flexible at all. I asked for 2 days off on two different occasions and received neither.
baking goods
Baker Assistant/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2016
got to learn how to bake different foods, met a lot of regular customers, helped customers with there purchases on till. hated upset customers, making decorations for pastries.
Pros
liked to decorate cakes
Cons
upset people, long hours
Most amazing job I've had yet
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 15, 2016
From the managers to my fellow lower employees, everyone was wonderful. The entire crew was helpful and nice, but knew when to crack down and be serious. I loved working there and I miss it so.
My day was a set schedule of opening with pizzas, then sandwiches, then hot foods, all with serving customers between. I learned so much regarding how to handle foods, how to deal with customers, and how to do book work and keeping. The hardest part of my job was when a lunch rush or event was going on, attempting to serve customers and doing your daily tasks was a handful, but we always got it done. I loved every part of my job.
Cons
mario
Productive, hands on learning approach and opportunities for growth.
Purchaser,. (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 15, 2016
An opportunity for hands on learning approach, as well for growth. A great team oriented department. Tight knit group. I was given a chance and will always appreciate that. Managers were family oriented and empathetic to life's challenges outside of work.
Stress, at times was a part of your position,I learned the skills to handle it and get through it. Our team was our work family as well. . A chance to build relationships with vendors.

Higher ups were not transparent as they claimed to be. Disappointed in the end by a company that treated us like family to a company that was all about the bottom $.
Pros
Bonus for acquiring and maintaining a steady service level.
Cons
Laptop and mobile at home every night as well as every weekend.
Fun and challenging
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONJune 15, 2016
hard
how to cut new primal cut
nice and gives good feedback
very welcoming
remembering every cut
using my hands and a knife
The Deli in Sobeys Kincardine is very nice to work at, everyone is friendly and teaches you anything you need to know. Our managers are the best!!
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kincardine, ONJune 14, 2016
I do anything from slicing meat, to sweeping the floor, washing dishes, opening meat, filling up salads and olives etc. Sometimes you don't always get along with everyone but you are a team and try and work things out.
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
not very clean
Enjoyable work place in a fast-paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Paris, ONJune 10, 2016
Aside from dealing with the odd nasty customer who is inpatient and unappreciative of the work done as a cashier,the job and customers were quite good. Management is great - mostly understanding and accommodating. Hardest part of the job was probably starting customer service and learning to multitask. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great friends and getting to know the members of the community since I worked in a small town Sobeys.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Customers can be quite rude
Productive and adaptable tasks
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
Its challenging when it comes to all the cleaning, but it keeps me very busy! The co-workers I work with are great as well as the management. I enjoy engaging with the customers at Sobey's while i'm still finishing a task or project the most. When customers ask about certain pastries, food, cakes, or products that we sell in Sobey's I like to help them find what they are looking for and if I can't I will ask someone in another department so the customer is satisfied.
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier/Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 6, 2016
A typical day in the kitchen was to prepare the minimum daily standards. Check for expired products, rotate and fill shelves accordingly. Provide customers with our full abided attention and customer service. Ensure they have a positive experience with us as well as exchange knowledge of our products for a eat better, feel better, do better experience. Help coworkers during peak times. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers. The hardest but expected part of the job was during peak times and not having enough hands to ensure the customers are served within a timely manner.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No benefits
Not an easy job
Hot Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 5, 2016
working at sobeys was at first easy until they put me in a new department that i didn't enjoy being in because it was too much work for one person to be able to do it properly. Management was not concerned with employees well being
Good cashier work
Bakery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2016
I had lots of hours as a bakery Specialist for sobeys, it was good and also worked in customer service sometimes selling cigarettes and lotto tickets.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not good shifts
Productive and fun place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working there for the time period, I had fun picking orders from the freezer to cooler.Positive environment with great people to work around.
Nice people!
HOT/COLD FOOD PREP & SALES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Amazing co workers, typically not a lot of young adults/young teens, a lot of standing, cleaning, not a lot of talking to customers. Short break times.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Standing a lot
frontend supervisor
Customer Service Representative, Front (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 1, 2016
run all staff in the frontend. deal with money and customers. on the health and safety board of soebys st.vital. nothing of the job is hard for me causer nothing is hard for me. I love dealing with people
Positive work environment with friendly staff
Cashier/ Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
A excellent part time job that provides you with opportunities to learn and develop other skills that allow for growth in any position that you are in. Rewarding and satisfying work when dealing with customer service issues and other day to day tasks. A typical day consists of handling responsibilities such as dealing with large amounts of cash, respectively and efficiently ringing through customers and maintaining a clean and orderly workplace.
Pros
Friendly staff, Positive environment and satisfying work.
Cons
Can occasionally be strenuous on legs and back