Sobeys Employee Review

very friendly
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB15 July 2014
pleasant people, good atmosphere, very reliable
learned a lot about storing perishables
Pros
reliable
Cons
not able to obtain full time easily

Other Sobeys Employee Reviews

Not bad for a first job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb21 February 2018
I say first job but it's actually been over 4 years... I've stayed around that long because they are really flexible with hours (part-time @ school, full time in summer), most co-workers are really nice people. I should note that I am naturally a pretty hard worker and if you slack off too much it won't work out. The work is pretty easy, except for some times like around christmas when it becomes way too busy for the amount of staff my department has. Most managers are pretty good. They say they care about customer service but I don't think they actually care you can pretty much do whatever you want. Training is pretty minimal, they don't even show you how to use the phone rip.
Pros
ez work, great coworkers, flexible scheduling
Cons
can be understaffed, boring, meh management
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
Not at the moment. It just depends on the day to day job, it's mostly ups and downs. Example if you have a good crew and manager it's awesome, if not your day just kinda sucks. Same goes with the customers. Anyway that's about it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.