Sobeys Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun and enjoyable workplace - great break room
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2017
Managers, including store managers always carried a smile with an upbeat attitude. Very encouraging to employees, everyone acted like family. Personal creativity was allowed - and even praised, especially while cake decorating.
Great job!
Analyste aux comptes payables et recevables (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
Sobeys was my first job in accountancy. It was a great challenge! I have learned a lot through this experience. The team was great. I would recommend it!
professional atmosphere
Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB17 September 2017
Love working with co workers and the customers of this store.
A safe and clean place to work.
The store does recycle a lot and is always maintained properly
Pros
co workers and customers usually pleasant
Cons
too many people trying to be a manager
Weak Management
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 September 2017
Managers were too lazy to terminate incompetent employees, leaving other hard working employees to pick up all the slack. Good flexibility with hours.
Wonderful place to work
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Conception Bay South, NL13 September 2017
My experience at Sobeys is a part time position, but none the less enjoyable. Sobeys not only has allowed me to learn about different cuts of meat and how to cut them but hone my customer service skills. My co-workers are cooperative, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I enjoy getting to know the variety of people that come into the store. The hardest part of this job is that sometimes I have to deal with difficult customers, but thankfully they are few and far between. Management is flexible, approachable, and understanding.
Pros
Pleasant, Knowledgable staff
Cons
Sometimes difficult customers
fast paced environment with positive surroundings
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 September 2017
i enjoyed the fast paced fun workplace, helping customers.sobeys provided free lunches, long breaks . although other employees didnot enjoy working there due to managment it was an experience.
How Sobeys was at the time of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS12 September 2017
I had a great experience with the company, they were excellent to work for no matter what the circumstance was. I had a seizure while at work they were very understanding. They let me come back on modified duties when I was healthy enough to do so. Great management, great job opportunity, I enjoyed the options that I could work for in the store for example I took part in the local events that took place at the bottom of the parking lot.
Pros
2 weeks advance scheduling, family like environment, professional staff and management
Cons
Not enough hours, no discount on the store merchandise, benefits weren't good due to me being the part time
fun place
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 September 2017
fun place to work

the hardest part of the job was gathering carts from parking lot

I learned how to stock shelves with merchandise and how to fqace products
Very Fast pace setting, negative towards new employees. If you did not adapt quickly like I did, you were not appreciated.
Part Time Selector (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB10 September 2017
Great starting salary, good for keeping fit. Difficult as each assignment you get is different, some make it impossible to meet the hourly quota. Sometimes workplace incidents make it difficult to meet the quota aswell.
Pros
Salary, Physical fitness
Cons
Work atmosphere
Enjoyable and simple work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
Sobeys is a pleasant work environment if you're looking for a job that has a living wage for simple labor. Being a cashier there was pleasant, as I got to know the regulars and had fun interacting with people as I scanned their groceries, and was paid to do it.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Staff
Awesome staff! Great place!
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2017
Sobeys is a fairly well run establishment with lots of great, hardworking people! Lots of very fun outside of work events to partake in. Overall very good experience working at Sobeys!
Pharmacist for Sobeys
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
Good time in starting up a new store/pharmacy
Loved working with the colleagues in the store and other dept's
- • Worked under minimal ‘pharmacist overlap’ at a newly opened Sobeys grocery store. I helped the pharmacy grow from profiting only hundreds of dollars per day into the thousands!
A clean and easy going environment despite the high volume
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 September 2017
Sobeys day started by getting my job assignment and checking over my equipment. There were normally anywhere from 3 to 7 loads to be received or loaded in a day depending on the size of the loads or the complexity. There were always regular training sessions throughout the year for safety, machine use and whmis as well as weekly staff meetings. For the most part Sobeys was a fun place to work with approachable management staff.
Pros
decent pay, approachable management
Cons
cold environment
Cake Boss
Cashier - Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 September 2017
Sobeys was my first job. We cleaned and helped costumers find what they were looking for. It was a lot of fun being able to work within a small department and when everything was done, you were allowed to decorate cakes.
safe place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2017
At sobeys I learnt how to deal with different people and how to make people feel comfortable talking to me. Friendly people and bosses. safe and welcoming place to work.
Pros
good people
Cons
Boring
good
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 September 2017
Decent place to work part-time. Decent hours. works well as a second job or if you have school. management will be flexible with your schedule, if needed.
Worked in deli
Rep./ Delicatessen (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2017
Working at Sobeys was fun for the first while but constantly dealing with poor employee communication was always frustrating due to people always calling in or not showing up.
Pros
Free food, some discounts
Cons
Management is okay
Sobeys
Part Time School Aide- Make (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 August 2017
Very well maintained clean environment to work in! Amazing company an people to work with! Managament Customers are amazing to work with! Never a negative comment made! Always satisfied with customers an workers!
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2017
Sobeys is a great place to start for people looking to enter into the job world. There are a variety of positions and shifts to fit anyone's schedule.
As soon as I was about to complete my probationary period,they decided to terminate me- after 2 accidents--was 1 of their top performers too!
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 August 2017
No job security for new employees.And it doesn't really matter whether you're their top performer either--If they don't like you,management will somehow find their reason to get rid of you.Hey,you can't really blame a company that lost money.
Pros
Easy, light working environment.Nothing extremely heavy to deal with.
Cons
No job security.With accident, you're at risk of being terminated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.