Sobeys Employee Review

Customer Service Sobey's
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 October 2013
Sobey's was a decent job. I had to deal with a lot of customer complaints, refunds and exchanges. My manager was rude and the supervisors always called in sick. The cashiers would always take washroom breaks for 20 minutes at a time, which lead to long line ups at the customer service desk, and annoyed customers who just wanted to purchase lottery tickets but were waiting in a long lineup. I had more responsibilities than the job required, which I didn't mind, so I would just go to work and leave and make the best of it.
Pros
lunch time
Cons
no employee discount

Other Sobeys Employee Reviews

Definitely a starter job.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2017
Head management was phenomenal but the actual manager of the department was awful. very messy and not put together, a lot of the load was put on the employees as the manager was usually not in the department. This is troubling because most of the time the manager helps but instead the manger wasn't. Makes it hard for you to enjoy or get work done properly. Mangement needs to go under review.

The pay is alright. I would not advise anyone to stay here longer than a year. It is really not worth it. There isn't much room for advancement. Its also very fast pace and will teach you a lot of things, the tasks are not too difficult and can actually apply to your own life. The job is not that hard especially considering you have a team with you. All I can say Is time management is very important when you work here because if your team is behind you are not doing the proper tasks and could potentially harm costumers and yourself.

You will find yourself enjoying your co-workers although and the store as a whole. A again this is mostly a starter job, you can potentially earn a good wage but it takes a while. Try your best although to look around for more employment this job can be very stressful.
Pros
free lunches, great co-workers, awesome head manager
Cons
terrible department manager, no benefits, not enough advancement.
Grocery/Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 December 2017
Management wasn't the best
Hours were terrible
Other employees didn't show up many times for there booked shifts
even without calling
never was paid vacation pay even upon leaving the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.