Sobeys Employee Reviews

Found 1,295 reviews matching the search
Le poste d'assembleur (étudiant) à Terrebonne est déconseillé
Assembleur (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC25 June 2017
Le travail d'assembleur consiste à suivre les directions d'un système informatisé afin de remplir les commandes pour les magasins tout en respectant un nombre d'articles à l'heure.

Mis à part la flexibilité de l'horaire de travail, je dirais que cette expérience fut la pire que j'ai eue à date.

Le travail est extrêmement répétitif et déprimant
Les pauses sont très courtes ( un 15 min et un 30 min)
les heures ne sont pas garanties
le salaire de départ est inférieur à la moyenne du milieu ( 12$ vs 15$ de jour)
la progression salariale est faible
Même après votre formation vous aurez une panoplie de question témoignant de la qualité de celle-ci.
Vous ne serez qu'un vulgaire numéro pour les contremaîtres donc attendez vous à être traité comme un robot.
Certains nouveaux travailleurs ont été forcés d'embarquer dans le quart de nuit sous peine de perdre leur emploi.
Overtime forcé
Good company but old in its way
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2017
Need to improve their safety procedure and standard. the good thing is that they have a cafeteria. Good location to work. Long hours if you are going to school.
Pros
Cafetria
Cons
not for young students
Good part-time job during a busy school year
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 June 2017
This job is a very good job if looking for an easy part time job to have during a busy school year because you aren't made to work many hours if you don't want to.
Never work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON21 June 2017
Probably one of the worst jobs i've ever had. Owners are morons with very odd strategies to sell product and supervising staff shows no respect to subordinates. The job itself a makes you a zombie. Come work at Sobeys if you want to be an undead doormat.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Like anything in life, it is what you make it.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 June 2017
Typical day at Sobey's was full of hard work and fun.
I picked up many MHE skills (reach, dock stocker, scrubber/Zamboni and end rider)
It was a unionised environment and as such there were the complications you might expect between labour and management but overall it was an amicable relationship.
Making labor standards was quite challenging at times and kept you fit!
Loved making new friends and taking part in the many opportunities offered to socialise outside of regular work hours.
Pros
Great pay and fair vacations and benefits.
Great stepping stone
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
good place to work. Guys are great. Management can be a little more professional and understanding towards there employees. Pays well and also has benefits.
Liked people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 June 2017
It was nice working there.the people made it fun.they would have lots of free draws,for movie tickets or $25 draws cash.managment wasn't the greatest the company needed to hire better people to run the warehouse.
Pros
Cons
Managment
fun to work at good managers
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
i really like the manager very nice people there they would help when i was needed always had something to do there and i was given good shift always when i asked for them
Good place to be employed
CASHIER-CUSTOMER SERVICE-COURTESY (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 June 2017
Sobeys taught me how to grow and be more personable with the returning and new customers. They helped me develop a sense of confidence in my customer service abilities. the people i worked with were amazing and the management was always there when needed.
Safety above all and respect to the workplace.
Ala Carte clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Sobey's Ala Carte had a culture to serve everyone with respect and served everything fresh. The workplace was clean and safety was prioritized when it comes to working with an equipment. I learned to respect the idea of having a clean surrounding which makes the workplace a lot easier to work in. The management respected each individual worker.
Cashier/ Admin (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS14 June 2017
I absolutely love my job and everyone at Sobeys BUT I have been there for 16 years and still part time I need full time hours to survive!! Sobeys is an awesome place to work!
productive and good co operative staff
baker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
I am journeyman baker and got award top apprentice baker at 2012. I willing to learn new skills and willing to give hand when someone need. I love to work at Sobeys but problems is not guaranteed working hour.
Cons
not guaranteed working hour
$16.00per hour
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB12 June 2017
Take care peoples orders, helps customers to find the Groceries in the store that's what they need. Friendly to all the employee , and working hard.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Busy Workplace, Always moving.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON11 June 2017
A typical day at work at sobeys was basically the same thing every shift. The management was trash. I learned how to serve customers fast. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy. Since I was in the bakery It would be busiest in my department around big holidays.
Pros
Co- Workers, Always something to do
Cons
Good for young part-time workers
Salad bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 June 2017
Not bad , they are good at training people. Job was very simple usually there were a few of us working at the same time so you have people to talk to which is always nice and if left alone it was easy enough and all the staff is helpful with any questions and concerns.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Hours and Pay Rate
it was a store
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2017
I hoep the person reading these reviews enjoys his job, I'm typing stuff because I have to but it is not really required, see what happens when you make people do stuff that not required, they don't care, some days I want to hang my self because life is whatever
Employed for 25 years, great food, great company!
Intermediate Business Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2017
Worked here for 25 years. Things went downhill after Safeway Acquisition (well documented in the news).

I started with the company in 1991 at Horne & Pitfield Foods in Calgary as a Computer Operator on the mainframes in IT. Worked my way up to other various positions while the company was bought out by Oshawa Foods, Agora, and ultimately Sobeys.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Upper Management Strategy
Nice starting place for working
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2017
Learned a lot from working here

Got a lot of work experience and fun place to work

Meet a lot of good people here

Job itself was fun and meeting new people
Will never be full time...
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 June 2017
Hours are posted Thursday for the next week, one week at a time. Hours are all over the place - no "set hours" - they change every week. Pace is steady, so the shift goes fast.
Pros
Almost always get time off requests approved.
Cons
Bagging groceries is not my favourite thing to do. Customers can be SO particular.
positive place to work
Ala Carte Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
they supplied free lunches and holiday dinners for the staff which i thought was nice, and 10% off groceries the people I worked with were easy to get along with but the supervisor was not she was not fair with her staff
Pros
free lunches
Cons
supervisors were not friendly toward their staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval