Sobeys Employee Review

Learned lots of customer service skills and safe work habits
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON9 October 2013
Typical Day at work;
- Prepare pizzas ,wraps and subs,
take people orders( slicing deli meats)
help prepare sample trays
when business was slow we would clean and do inventory

I learned about safe lifting ,I also Learned safe knife handling and food handling,inventory (counting items, taking expired things off of the shelf ), Good customer service skills and how to deal with unhappy customers.

My managers and co workers were very nice understanding and easy to work with :)

Hardest Part of my job was remembering some of the codes for the deli meats but after a while you just remember it becasue It was a popular item.

Most enjoyable part was talking to the customers helping them anyway I was able to and my coworkers they made the job fun while being professional.
Pros
Flexible hours, lots of training, patient co workers
Cons
It was only for the summer

Other Sobeys Employee Reviews

Great environment
Customer Service Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 January 2018
Professional, fair to employee's, breaks, good communication skills/ very understanding, reliable. A typical day would be to cash in, and work on cash, keeping belt tidy as well as maintaining a professional appearance.
It's Okay
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON19 January 2018
Sometimes the management is rude and doesn't listen to your concerns and/or problems. I've had trouble with schedules almost every week with my manager.
Pros
sometimes free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.