Sobeys

Sobeys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sobeys is a great place to start in the workforce.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Clean work environment, good health and safety standards
Cons: Limited hours per week (32 max unless you're in management), below average pay.
I didn't learn much about the job itself because I had worked produce for a long time. I learned quite a bit about company policies in my training. I enjoy my co-workers and management team. However – more... the culture that was present in my last place of employment simply isn't the same. Perhaps its because it's a larger business. The benefits are alright and the hours are not sufficient for someone who needs to pay rent, car loans, and student loans. There is room to grow in the company which is nice. – less
cashier at sobey
Cashier (Former Employee), KitchenerJuly 18, 2015
I was the youngest worker there and i felt left out alot. Hours were very random and not flexible. there was no discount. Management was nice and helped out alot
Fast pace environment
cashier (Former Employee), Trail BCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: Not enough hours
A workplace that's designed for students and part-time workers, but not a place that provides room to develop skills and abilities. Little to no chance of being promoted to a higher position, no matter how long one has worked there.
Great for young people
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2015
No room for advancement and low wages. Friendly co-workers and devious supervisors. I wouldn't recommend for anyone aside from students. Many long term employees stress day to day.
good, strong company with opportunity for career advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee), wasaga beach & Parry soundJuly 9, 2015
fast paced action on the sales floor. support and direction given from head office when needed. worked as a team to implement programs and service our customers. overall, a great company to work for and a strong, close-knit team to work with
Cake Decorator
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Summerside, Prince Edward IslandJuly 8, 2015
I loved working at sobeys as a cake decorator. It was a very creative job and I was given a lot of creative freedom with the cakes. My co-workers were great and we are still friends to this day.
Good
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville ONJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: Somewhat unorganised
A good first job in which to gain experience and earn money. I learned to be organized and also how to help customers. The management were friendly and helpful to me. Almost all co-workers were friendly. Hardest part of job is the waste disposal. Most enjoyable is helping customers.
A friendly workplace but with no room to move up and develop.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Productive and a good work environment
Facer and price checker (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: some rude customers
I enjoyed doing my co-op at Sobeys, I enjoyed working with the employers, the management was very supportive and I learned better communication
The job is as good as any other, depends mostly on who you're working alongside with
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJune 26, 2015
The job is a typical retail environment, with fair hours and generous breaks if you work fast enough. Duties are never over-the-top and the main factor in your mood during a shift is who you're working with.
Not recongized for work, im sure sobeys has many other great establishments but mine was bad
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 23, 2015
Pros: breaks given when needed
Cons: long hours, poor management
Hours are horrible, I was a full time student trying to handle 40 hours a week being treated horribly. I didn't get proper training and was yelled at for not knowing things that i should've been taught but wasn't.
good place to work ( people are great)
deli manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2015
Pros: bbq's christmas parties, golf tournaments
Cons: long hours
Sobeys is fun environment to work, The people are great there..
U learn alot from your peers, the hours aren't the greatest at times but u learn to handle it
Fun Place to Work
cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2015
Typical day is either very busy or very slow.
Made lots of friends at this job as mostly everyone is very easy to get along with.
The hardest part would have been agreeing with some of the customers that were not the friendliest. I did learn how to deal with them and was able to make sure that they left the store with a smile on their faces.
A place to be a drone and nothing more.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 15, 2015
Even though I wanted full time, I was guaranteed 15 hours minimum and any other hours were dangled over my head because they knew I was desperate to make extra money. High high turn around rate. They picked favourites to be managers. When you were called in to cover shifts last minute you were treated poorly if you were unavailable.
Great work
meat cutter (Former Employee), exeter onJune 15, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: very messy at times
was a great place to work learned a lot of new things the posability of advancement was always present and the money was not to bad
Average job, good hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 10, 2015
Pros: good hours, good co-workers
Cons: communication is not the best between management and staff, breaks are not long enough as we are only given a 15 minute break for working a 6 hour shift.
Sobeys is a good place to work if you are looking for flexible hours. I am currently in university, and during the school year I can only work around 2 shifts per week. When i am not in school however, – more... I usually can work 4-5 shifts, and Sobeys is very great in the fact that they can easily adapt to my changing school schedule. My co-worker are for the most part friendly and easy to talk to. There is however a few issues with the supervisors and managers. They often do not effectively communicate important information to the rest of the staff. Some people may know what is going on in the store, but others will not. For every 500 hours you work at sobeys you get a small raise. Sobeys is also fairly flexible if you want to work in a different department or want to grow within the company. – less
Cashier
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 9, 2015
Pros: all the extra hours
Cons: nothing
I would work at customer service and deal with returns that customers have and be cashing customers out with the food in their carts.
Work Day
Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 9, 2015
Steady and busy
I learned more customer service, produce.
My co-workers are pleasant.
Lifting overweight items.
Getting to know other people.
Great employees, bakery manager is a witch
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONJune 9, 2015
I found it was a very comfortable, compassionate and stimulating work environment. The team was cooperative and we managed to develop good team relationships while still being highly productive.
The bakery manager is incompetent and hard to get along with, and makes every employee feel anxious and under attack whenever she's present.
Productive and Friendly
File Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 8, 2015
Pros: Snacks
-Friendly co-workers
-Tedious with lots of attention to detail
-Data entry and log booking
-Keeping records
-Typical work day is from 7-4

1 2 3 4 5

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more