Sobeys

Sobeys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A friendly workplace but with no room to move up and develop.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
A workplace that's designed for students and part-time workers, but not a place that provides room to develop skills and abilities. Little to no chance of being promoted to a higher position, no matter how long one has worked there.
Productive and a good work environment
Facer and price checker (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: some rude customers
I enjoyed doing my co-op at Sobeys, I enjoyed working with the employers, the management was very supportive and I learned better communication
The job is as good as any other, depends mostly on who you're working alongside with
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJune 26, 2015
The job is a typical retail environment, with fair hours and generous breaks if you work fast enough. Duties are never over-the-top and the main factor in your mood during a shift is who you're working with.
Not recongized for work, im sure sobeys has many other great establishments but mine was bad
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 23, 2015
Pros: breaks given when needed
Cons: long hours, poor management
Hours are horrible, I was a full time student trying to handle 40 hours a week being treated horribly. I didn't get proper training and was yelled at for not knowing things that i should've been taught but wasn't.
good place to work ( people are great)
deli manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2015
Pros: bbq's christmas parties, golf tournaments
Cons: long hours
Sobeys is fun environment to work, The people are great there..
U learn alot from your peers, the hours aren't the greatest at times but u learn to handle it
Fun Place to Work
cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2015
Typical day is either very busy or very slow.
Made lots of friends at this job as mostly everyone is very easy to get along with.
The hardest part would have been agreeing with some of the customers that were not the friendliest. I did learn how to deal with them and was able to make sure that they left the store with a smile on their faces.
A place to be a drone and nothing more.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 15, 2015
Even though I wanted full time, I was guaranteed 15 hours minimum and any other hours were dangled over my head because they knew I was desperate to make extra money. High high turn around rate. They picked favourites to be managers. When you were called in to cover shifts last minute you were treated poorly if you were unavailable.
Great work
meat cutter (Former Employee), exeter onJune 15, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: very messy at times
was a great place to work learned a lot of new things the posability of advancement was always present and the money was not to bad
Average job, good hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 10, 2015
Pros: good hours, good co-workers
Cons: communication is not the best between management and staff, breaks are not long enough as we are only given a 15 minute break for working a 6 hour shift.
Sobeys is a good place to work if you are looking for flexible hours. I am currently in university, and during the school year I can only work around 2 shifts per week. When i am not in school however, – more... I usually can work 4-5 shifts, and Sobeys is very great in the fact that they can easily adapt to my changing school schedule. My co-worker are for the most part friendly and easy to talk to. There is however a few issues with the supervisors and managers. They often do not effectively communicate important information to the rest of the staff. Some people may know what is going on in the store, but others will not. For every 500 hours you work at sobeys you get a small raise. Sobeys is also fairly flexible if you want to work in a different department or want to grow within the company. – less
Cashier
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 9, 2015
Pros: all the extra hours
Cons: nothing
I would work at customer service and deal with returns that customers have and be cashing customers out with the food in their carts.
Work Day
Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 9, 2015
Steady and busy
I learned more customer service, produce.
My co-workers are pleasant.
Lifting overweight items.
Getting to know other people.
Great employees, bakery manager is a witch
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONJune 9, 2015
I found it was a very comfortable, compassionate and stimulating work environment. The team was cooperative and we managed to develop good team relationships while still being highly productive.
The bakery manager is incompetent and hard to get along with, and makes every employee feel anxious and under attack whenever she's present.
Productive and Friendly
File Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 8, 2015
Pros: Snacks
-Friendly co-workers
-Tedious with lots of attention to detail
-Data entry and log booking
-Keeping records
-Typical work day is from 7-4
Cross training focased
courtesy,grocery, receiver and dairy (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 2, 2015
Pros: Balanced teams, great work atmosphere
Cons: Schedual changes due to un-reliable hires
Sobeys was a safe, sociable and fun place to work they found those who worked hard had opportunity to be cross trained and work amongst other departments. in terms of wages they were fair and did have decent pay increases with time and effort.
Fun and fulfilling opportunity to develop various life skills
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 2, 2015
Working at Sobeys as a cashier is a unique opportunity to develop strong interpersonal and communication skills. The interconnectedness of the workplace allowed direct communication with members of different departments, should their expertise be made necessary by a certain contingency raised by customer inquiry.
Great Work Environment and Customer Service
Grocery Clerk/Shipper Receiver (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 1, 2015
The customer service at this location is exceptional and the staff are friendly and are patient with their employees.Good overall environment to be a part of.
great people
Deli/A la carte (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 25, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: long lunches
i work with alot of great people and they are so fun to be around.. the company is a great place to work for. they help out alot and everyone enjoys it
Good Experience
Floor Supervisor and Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), bramptonMay 20, 2015
I gained more knowledge and experience. Sobeys is a great place to work thats close to home.I gained more knowledge and experience. Sobeys is a great place to work thats close to home.
Ok
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: job advancement, wage, management, poor moral
A typical day will include going through and filling out receiving orders. Pricing items according to department procedure. Rotating expiration items and providing knowledge of items (placement) to customers.

Good starter job
A place you can laugh and have fun but still get the work done
clean in the meat dep (Former Employee), waterlooMay 12, 2015
Pros: it was easy
Cons: only working 4 hour every other day
* I go in get the pans in the sink sweep then i hoes everything down then i put all the water down in the gran.

* I learned a little bit about different meat

* The management was good

* My co-workers where all nice

*My hardest part of my job was to remember the number for the meat

* The most enjoyable part of my job was going on brake

1 2 3 4 5

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more