Sobeys

Sobeys Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to start out
Front End- Cashier (Former Employee), Acton, OnMarch 21, 2015
Good place to get started off at. Great place to learn customer service and work with a lot of great people. Management is a little hard to work with, but can be flexible. No benefits for part-timers so thats unfortunate.
good
Marerial handler sobeys (Former Employee), Whitby ontarioMarch 20, 2015
i was a good job got to work with a good group of guys always a good time never had any complaints it was a job it wasnt always easy but thats work for you
Great coworkers, always something to do.
Deli Clerk/Cashier/Cake Decorator (Current Employee), Paris, ONMarch 19, 2015
Typical Day:
Usually a typical day in the deli would consist of mostly serving customers, keeping the department clean, and preparing things such as hot in store bbq chickens, soup, pizza, asian meals, indian meals, as well as other entrees and sides.
For cash, it would usually just consist of ringing customers through with their groceries, helping other cashiers bag, cleaning the till during down time, and topping up the confectionary counters.
For bakery, I would take count of how much product we have currently on the shelves, and decorating cakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, etc. accordingly. When the day would be near done, I would clean up my work station and wash any dishes that were in the sinks.

What I Learned:
I learned how to work effectively and efficiently with coworkers, how to meet a customers' request and have them satisfied, how to make deli and bakery tray orders look presentable, and how to multitask.
Great people, good environment but hard work.
Alacarte Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free food occasionally, awesome people
Cons: demanding
If your going to work here find the department you want to work in. You don't want to be stuck in the wrong one. Like I said though I enjoyed the company I have while at work. Working with food is difficult because of all the regulations and such. Some departments are very demanding and can be difficult. Sometimes it can be unfair.
very nice place to work, learn a lot.
Caissière-vendeuse (Former Employee), Caraquet, NBMarch 12, 2015
Cons: somethimes
i was going to my shift, preparing my cash my machine ,after that i was serving the customer whit their check, product, coupons, and sometimes, i was call to helps customer in the isles and presenting products when needed i was sometimes ask to do all kind of jobs in the store.
It taught me a ton about working in retail and I made some lifelong friends
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), OntarioMarch 12, 2015
Pros: it taught me a lot about working in retail
Cons: head office, job advancement, wage, management, company
Although I learned a lot from the few great managers I had, and made some great lifelong friends, the company as a whole is very poorly run. They have literally no idea how to compete in the market and although the preach about putting the customers first, this rarely becomes the case because of all the very time consuming programs put in place by head office.

A typical day has you either putting up incoming stock, back stock, doing relines, facing aisles, managing back room or cooler conditions or checking rotation. The job can be quite physically demanding and requires strong time management and quick thinking.

As a whole I would not recommend working for Sobeys. The company gives little to no room for advancement in position or wage.
overall not to bad
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Regina, SK. 2231 East Quance. S4V 2Z3March 11, 2015
sunday bussy time when we dont have safficient staff.
i learnd little bit about coustomer service.
good.
some one is verry nice @ some one try to hide from work.
when coustomer's complain in customer service.
Productive and fun place with great coffee
Cashier (Former Employee), spadinaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 2 brakes, plenty of hours, great management team.
Cons: dealing with personal stress
Great place to work. Looking to be a cashier again in Toronto. I loved going into work because of the relaxed atmosphere. I learned a lot like how to count and balance a till. Management was great, always there to help. Quitting was the hardest part. Two brakes to go on in a 7 hour shift.
good working environment
Cook (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good inter
friendly environment with excellent management team. Good working environment. working in this company was stress free
Relaxed work environment
Meat Department / Part-Time (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMarch 6, 2015
Cons: not many hours
Enjoy working at Sobeys. Relaxed work environment, with great staff. Working part-time I was only given about 8 hours / week so It was not enough for me.
Always something exciting happing
Sobeys National Intergration support (Current Employee), accross canadaMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: wish the pay was a little higher
It’s a great team I have been on now for 15 mouths; the biggest channeling is flying 95% of the time makes for long days and longer nights. Can’t say enough about the team members everyone works well together to get the job’s done. Projects are always coming up to make the business better. It’s nice knowing my option counts.
Customer Service
Sobeys Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2015
Always have great customer service, when being at the front desk you have all different types of jobs to do. While being in the cash office working with money you have to be on your toes.
Alot of learning opportunity towards baked goods.
Bakery Department (Former Employee), 2458 Dundas St. WMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 10% off all sobeys purchases.
Cons: unable to work at location due to it closing down and student salary.
While working at Sobeys, I learned how to decorate pastries. Pipe and write messages clearly on cakes. Bake and slice multiple types of breads, Stock and discharge new and old bakery buns. Overall Sobeys was an amazing learning experience.
sucked
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 3, 2015
didnt like it at all. too fast too slow. mean people to work with. bad part of town. busy people all the time. nope. not at all. yeap
nope
a positive surrounding, fun work place to work
butcher/seafood (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 3, 2015
start the day of by setting up front display counters with different cuts of meat for the customers, stock reports, removing all meat close to expiration date, cut and wrapped meat for refilling the shelves through out the day. i`ve learned the different cuts of meat. The manager is very nice and is always trying to motivate the employes with small 5 min meeting with department telling them how good there numbers are for the week and always tell everyone know when something was going on in the store with promotions/sales. all the employes were nice fun people to work with that made the day feel shorter. The only hard part is all the numbers you need to know for identifying the different cuts of meat for wrapping and price.
Grocery clerk / customer service (Current Employee), New BrunswickMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good to work for.
Cons: needed more hours
Very good people. Boss worked with me on what ever I needed. Employees are all good to work with. Good place to work! Good good good good good good
Productive and good experience
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Serving the customers cakes and cupcakes. I have worked more evening shifts then day shifts. Packed items, re-stocked frozen food items for morning employees and used scanner and bread slicer machine.
Just like a job.
Part time in the seafood department (Former Employee), Gravenhurst OntarioFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: not many customers so i had time to clean.
Cons: i had to much time on my hands everytime i worked.
A typical day at work was cleaning and moving the fish and lobsters.
I learned that lobsters have to be internally at 68 degrees before it is properly cooked. The management was always busy. My co-workers were pretty laid back most of the time. The hardest part of that job was lifting the ice trays, i have a bad back so it was putting a lot of strain on me. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i worked with an old friend of mine.
Fun and Lively Work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 25, 2015
Making sure customers found everything they were looking for. fast and friendly checkout, clean work space.
management was easy going and loved working for them
Coworkers were amazing and very approachable
memorizing codes was the hardest part
interaction between costumers and coworkers
Friendly and Family atmosphere love to work here
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: enjoy working with my co workers and makes for a fun day
Cons: hours have been cut back would love to work fulltime
work in a friendly environment and deal with 100 hundreds of customers daily. Management is friendly and helpful when needed and co workers are a little family and get along great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more