Sobeys

Sobeys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Deli/HMR Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 23, 2015
Pros: company car
Cons: Moving office to Calgary
I love working for Sobeys. As I said if I did not have young teenaged children I would not leave. As Sobeys is moving the office to Calgary their will be changes. More travelling. I like to be involved in my childrens life, therefore more travelling would not be great.
Starting your day organised is the key to success
Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Estevan, SKAugust 20, 2015
Enjoyed working for a large retail company, lots of regulations and red tape but this was expected. Enjoy large merchandising opportunities and working with experienced people willing to train.
Very productive workplace that teaches how to treat customers
PRODUCE CLERK (Current Employee), Niagara Falls ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: short staffed
I worked at Sobeys for over 5 years, i started the job working as a buggy boy, then moved up to the produce department. That hard work i put in really made a mark on my managers. They realized how hard i worked and in turn helped me. The managers respect me and my work that i put into the company. My co-workers are more like a team and help make sure the store runs well and effectively.
not a good place to work
Cashier/Front end supervisor (Former Employee), woodstock ontAugust 13, 2015
not a very good place to work the managers are lazy not enough hors n not enough pay they dont know anyones name very rude will never ever work there again
Easy job with nice lunch room
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Managers aren't around often
Cons: Not enough hours
Management is wonderful. Although there may not always be customers to serve, cleaning and preparing food can always be done. Furthermore, stocking shelves could be done if there was nothing else to be completed. For the most part everyone did what they wanted to without management having to watch them, but everything was completed properly and on time.
Productive workplace
EDI Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 9, 2015
it's a productive workplace, no fun though
i had a short experience at Sobeys Montreal and i find that the work environment can be improved
Placement Experience
Cashier, Produce Clerk & Customer Service (Current Employee), Tillsonburg, ONAugust 6, 2015
This was my 3rd semester in ECE. I had a one month placement, where the other educators made me feel like i belonged and they created an atmosphere where every single person had a sense of well-being and belonging. I felt as if i was meant to be an educator.
Time managment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Estevan, SKAugust 6, 2015
On this job i learnt time management skill. Other team members were really supportive in teaching me everything on the floor. so it was new way to work through different task at same time.
really liked working produce just wanted the experience of being a cashier
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 5, 2015
really liked working for sobeys i would like to be on the end of the customer service , the last smiling face befere they leave
Fun caring Environment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 4, 2015
The people I worked with were amazing, the job I did was okay, I got to go home at the end of the day and not worry about anything. If I needed something or was having an off day the managers were supportive.
Sobeys was a great company to work for
Produce manager (Former Employee), wetaskiwinAugust 4, 2015
Pros: work with great people
Cons: orders being shorted
I enjoyed working for Sobeys, I was there foe just about 5 yrs and started as a cake decorator and worked my way up to be the produce manager
an alright place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 2, 2015
Pros: serving the public, working as a team
Cons: short shifts, not enough hours, not a big pay
Good place to work, lots of great staff and customers. Not enough hours, usually only four hour or five hour shifts so it is great place to work for people who are going to school or looking for a second job. Wouldn't recommend it for someone who is looking for full time employment because it take a long time to gain full time hours.
Fine Workplace
Advertising Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Fairly flexible working conditons
Cons: Same thing week-in week out, little room for advancement
Friendly atmosphere, management is fairly supportive.
Relatively flexible hours.
Work itself is highly redundant and there is a fair amount of red tape.
Path to advancement is minimal and unclear.
Typical retail job.
Grocery Department Clerk (Current Employee), OntarioAugust 2, 2015
Decent pay but not the best hours. Really hard to advance because they make you jump through a lot of hoops and the job normally goes to someone they had in mind before it was even open.
Fun place to start.
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: clean, regular hours, uniform
Cons: low pay, memerizing product codes
Sobeys is a comfortable environment whether it's your first job or your last. I enjoy customer service and Sobeys has great customer service policies that keep folks coming back regularly. I did not appreciate that Cash Office Clerks / Supervisors are not paid more than cashiers but work significantly harder. At times, I felt that the front-line employees were better suited for management than the actual managers. Overall, it was a humbling experience and I learned a lot.
Sobeys is a great place to start in the workforce.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Clean work environment, good health and safety standards
Cons: Limited hours per week (32 max unless you're in management), below average pay.
I didn't learn much about the job itself because I had worked produce for a long time. I learned quite a bit about company policies in my training. I enjoy my co-workers and management team. However the culture that was present in my last place of employment simply isn't the same. Perhaps its because it's a larger business. The benefits are alright and the hours are not sufficient for someone who needs to pay rent, car loans, and student loans. There is room to grow in the company which is nice.
cashier at sobey
Cashier (Former Employee), KitchenerJuly 18, 2015
I was the youngest worker there and i felt left out alot. Hours were very random and not flexible. there was no discount. Management was nice and helped out alot
Fast pace environment
cashier (Former Employee), Trail BCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: Not enough hours
A workplace that's designed for students and part-time workers, but not a place that provides room to develop skills and abilities. Little to no chance of being promoted to a higher position, no matter how long one has worked there.
Great for young people
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2015
No room for advancement and low wages. Friendly co-workers and devious supervisors. I wouldn't recommend for anyone aside from students. Many long term employees stress day to day.
good, strong company with opportunity for career advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee), wasaga beach & Parry soundJuly 9, 2015
fast paced action on the sales floor. support and direction given from head office when needed. worked as a team to implement programs and service our customers. overall, a great company to work for and a strong, close-knit team to work with

1 2 3 4 5

About Sobeys

Sobeys is the second largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,300 supermarkets operating under a variety of banners. Headquartered – Read more