Sobey's Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fast-paced working environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pictou, NSMay 6, 2016
Sobey's is a great place to work, especially the staff and managment. There is always a lot of production to be completed, as well as constant interaction with other customers and co-workers. There is always room for advancement in management, but it does take quite some time to get to a higher level. The hardest part about the job, would have to be a lot of heavy lifting. I enjoy the people I work with, as well as meeting new people every day. It gives me an experience to interact with others, as well as gain personal skills.
Pros
Medical/dental benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
relaxed environment hard workers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Worked the midnight shift 10-6:30am putting stock ensuring all product was facing forward, I learned to work at a fast pace, management was not the greatest for my department he was always unorganized, the co-workers there were respectful and nice, hardest part of the job would be the hours i was given.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
long hours sometimes had to stay later
productive and fast paced.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 10, 2015
My work day consisted on me getting up at 4am to be at work for 5am. As soon as i entered the building I would turn on all ovens and proofers and start mixing the dough for the morning breads and setting up equipment and bread pans to bake bread. Through out the day there would be continuous baking of various breads and buns and other items such as muffins, cakes, and cookies. My shift would usually end at 1pm unless there was a need to stay longer for more production , which usually occurred during the christmas season.
Severe lack of hours hurts otherwise great place to work.
Baker/Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pictou, NSFebruary 17, 2016
A nice place to go work, but during the wintertime there is very little work to go around. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, both customers and fellow employees.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
No hours
Stockboy for Sobeys Jobs for Youth (John Howard Society)
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONOctober 26, 2015
I learned to deal with customers face to face and to ensure that their problems are met right then and their! I also learned a fast past work and to always look for something to do even if you think you're finished you're job in a work environment their is always something to be done somewhere always be looking to give a hand!
Pros
Three paid breaks
Cons
On your feet all day
Great Place to Work
Baker (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 27, 2016
One of the management staff cuts you down and wont do her job and blames others for the work not being done.
This employee has made others feel so bad they quit.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Poor Manager skills.
Productive and fun place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 8, 2016
There is always plenty of things to do and it is a great place to work. Management is always available and care about you as a person
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
No benefits for part time work
Productive workplace
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 21, 2016
This job has saved me in so many ways. I've only worked here for a month, but it's too far from home. I live in Kitchener and this job is all the way in Cambridge. It sucks..
Pros
Good hours
Productive and Informative workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 15, 2015
fun workplace. open access to management. continuous changes to boost staff morale and make staff feel appreciated. Not a lot of fulltime positions and no benefits. Could barely get 20 hours/week here. Lots of support from supervisor. Family type feel in workplace
Pros
Friendly staff, first access to new products
Cons
few full-time positions, lack of solid job descriptions for some positions
Good people and great company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 20, 2016
I work as a cashier. I bag groceries with a break depending on how many hours I work. My co-workers are nice, and there are plently of hours.
Productive workplace
front line customer service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 3, 2015
There was always something productive going on in the store. The management team were there if anyone needed help, especially if there was an issue with a customer.
Pros
Great People
Cons
difficult hours
Non-complicated, but can be stressful
Night Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 15, 2015
I've only been working at sobeys for a little while (as a night clerk) so i stock, face, and sometimes receive. its not bad, but the hours are kinda brutal. which leaves little time for much else. there seems to be an overwhelming time pressure every day, and sometimes things get backed up and what not. its a decent job if you can manage working nights.
I clean and do breads
Bakery Personel (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I do dishes and clean the floors as well as doing the garlic breads and discards. i also do cakes and pastry's and help with whatever the manager needs.
Not a very nice palce to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioNovember 19, 2015
Handle all aspects of Cashier duties IE serve customers, stock shelves, cleaning floors, cleaniong registers and when not busy mopping floors
Cons
good environment, good people. great experience
Grocery Clerk, Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2015
i worked 4 hr shifts. had a small pay for 2 weeks. met some great people. the hardest part of the job was on a friday, the most work for the week and i was by myself. i was at school for the most part so i can't complain if i had short shifts
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
short shifts
Pretty good job
Seafood Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 19, 2015
Been at Sobey's for 9 years now and I have no complaints. The best part is probably my manager and the people I work with. I wouldn't like it nearly as much if I didn't have friends there. Mine is a pretty easy job and there's not a lot of pressure to get a million things done in one day. It's very laid back.
Pros
Fun workplace with good people
Cons
Little to no room for advancement, even from part-time to full-time
Days at Sobey's were awesome
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 7, 2015
the ladies that i worked with were always so energetic and friendly
it was a great atmosphere
management was amazing to talk to
the most enjoyable part of the job at sobey's was doing the cake decorating
Fun Workplace
Part-Time Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONApril 7, 2015
First thing in the morning you would get the things you needed out for the day
I learned a lot working there for three years different things that i liked to do.
My co workers were awesome miss them dearly always having fun but working hard
Everything about Sobeys was fun but work needed to be done it was stressful when holidays came around but you get use it after a while
Pros
Flexible when needed
productive
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  calgaryJuly 13, 2015
In a day just stock shelves, clean and look for people in the store to help. If none of that is available then continue cleaning, or pulling products to the front of the aisles.
Pros
10% off once a month
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 22, 2015
Its a descent place for students to work part time. It was an enjoyable place to work. My co-workers were nice easy to get along with. I've learned to have patiences with the customers that didn't know what they wanted to pay with or if their transaction declined.