Sobey's

Sobey's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee), calgaryJuly 13, 2015
Pros: 10% off once a month
Cons: none
In a day just stock shelves, clean and look for people in the store to help. If none of that is available then continue cleaning, or pulling products to the front of the aisles.
Days at Sobey's were awesome
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 7, 2015
the ladies that i worked with were always so energetic and friendly
it was a great atmosphere
management was amazing to talk to
the most enjoyable part of the job at sobey's was doing the cake decorating
learning experience, good job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2015
great place to work, i learned a lot working for Sobeys and took valuable customer service rules away from the positions i worked,
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 22, 2015
Its a descent place for students to work part time. It was an enjoyable place to work. My co-workers were nice easy to get along with. I've learned to have patiences with the customers that didn't know what they wanted to pay with or if their transaction declined.
Pretty good job
Seafood Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Fun workplace with good people
Cons: Little to no room for advancement, even from part-time to full-time
Been at Sobey's for 9 years now and I have no complaints. The best part is probably my manager and the people I work with. I wouldn't like it nearly as much if I didn't have friends there. Mine is a pretty easy job and there's not a lot of pressure to get a million things done in one day. It's very laid back.
Fun Workplace
Part-Time Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible when needed
First thing in the morning you would get the things you needed out for the day
I learned a lot working there for three years different things that i liked to do.
My co workers were awesome miss them dearly always having fun but working hard
Everything about Sobeys was fun but work needed to be done it was stressful when holidays came around but you get use it after a while
Fast paced and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Lovely place to work overall
Cons: The grumpy customers are super grumpy
The day goes by fast, you're always busy but if you take it in a positive light it's a fun challenge. Working at Sobey's definitely teaches you how to smile even when there's nothing to smile about (ex. having a happy and friendly appearance when the debit + credit machines are down the day before thanksgiving). I also improved my abilities on a register and memorizing codes because of working here. Managers were kind and understanding but managed to do their job very well. All of my co-workers were very friendly. Never had much of a problem with any of them. We weren't a close-knit group, not like a "family" like I've heard of some places being, but it was always welcoming. Hardest part of the job is probably the unfriendly customers. It may have been the area I worked in, and every service job will have "those customers" but it felt the ones I got were very demanding, unforgiving, and self-entitled. They lied to my manager about my behavior because I didn't let them use an expired coupon. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the friendly customers that would shop regularly.
Nice place to work and to work together as a team
Customer Service / Sales (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, free food for holidays
Cons: you can't please everybody
My manager and co-workers help each other out and deal with customers was the hard part of the job. The easy part of the job that I know a lot of codes in the meat wrapping machine.

My manager makes me be aware of things and he is very understanding and supportive.
Awesome Mangement
Cashier (Former Employee), Riverview, NBFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: very understand management team
Cons: lack of hours
I loved working for Sobey's the Management team is awesome there. My only reason for leaving was lack of hours.

They are very understanding and accommodating.
sobeys
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: some nice people
Cons: not enough hours
walk in sign in upstairs , check shelves for any missing product or garbage out on the floor , go in to the lobby check out the to do list , do my first log in for the day , maintain the department best as possible , help customers find items , around the end of the shift scan out waste .
typical grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: nice social environment
Cons: very boring
boring days, learned some good social skills, met some nice people. no really hard aspects to the job and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Great Place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Pincher Creek, ABNovember 26, 2014
Enjoyed learning new tasks. Meet new people the staff was friendly management was great.
Productive and Friendly Environment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Brighton, ONOctober 28, 2014
Working with co-workers to achieve necessary daily duties to be done. Getting along with friendly customers and co-workers in the workplace. I have learned to be more outgoing to take initiative in getting thing's done before being asked to get it done. If I am caught up to check to see what else can be done while serving the customers. The hardest part of the job would be not getting what you set out to get done for the day but let the next co-worker know what has to be done that you couldn't finish before leaving for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the customers and having conversations with them to see what they would like and how they can use what they are buying in meals or what would be the best meat to buy for what they are cooking.
deli slicer and hot foods counter worker
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Dunnville, ONOctober 21, 2014
It was ok to work for Sobey's the management team was good to me at the time. Serving the customers was good fun. Made a few good friends( co-workers) while working there. The customers always kept you on your toes with their wishes.
Nice place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
Take care of customers needs.Make sure department run's properly.
great place to work lots of opportunities for the right person
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), North Bay, ONAugust 3, 2014
great place to work lots of opportunities for the right person
Chatting about things
General Helper (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: break chatting
Cons: 10 minutes
I prefered to work there as hard. I was asked about the food by customers, so I helped them to find it.
fun and learning work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Parrysound , OntrioMay 17, 2014
Pros: got to sample new foods
Cons: to many young know it all staff in the summer
at sobeys it was about doing a good job and getting it done but there were fun times and laughs and giggles people were for the most part very friendly and got along very well , even other people in other areas were interactive with the deli workers. the hours were good for the most part and the pay was not too bad
The people make the difference
Meal Solutions associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon SK, Varsity CommonsApril 30, 2014
Cons: weird hours, a lot work, rude or dishonest co-workers, horrible manager
This job started out ok. Then it all went downhill, we were overworked and under payed. None of the employees were very friendly, did not want to be friends or help the others out. One employee was horribly lazy but would pin it on the new staff because he knew the manager would believe him. Had to make unrealistic amounts of pizza and sandwiches in very little time. Overall not a fair place to work at all.
Great job for a student!
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Gravenhurst, ONMarch 28, 2014
Pros: working with people, staff and management were really nice.
Cons: low wage.
Sobey's was an excellent job as a student over the summer. They were very accommodating to my schedule and it was a challegning but enjoyable work environment. My co-workers and management were all really kind and did a lot to show appreciation.

1 2 3 4