Sobey's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Informative workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, first access to new products
Cons: few full-time positions, lack of solid job descriptions for some positions
fun workplace. open access to management. continuous changes to boost staff morale and make staff feel appreciated. Not a lot of fulltime positions and no benefits. Could barely get 20 hours/week here. Lots of support from supervisor. Family type feel in workplace
relaxed environment hard workers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: good co workers
Cons: long hours sometimes had to stay later
Worked the midnight shift 10-6:30am putting stock ensuring all product was facing forward, I learned to work at a fast pace, management was not the greatest for my department he was always unorganized, the co-workers there were respectful and nice, hardest part of the job would be the hours i was given.
productive and fast paced.
Baker (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 10, 2015
My work day consisted on me getting up at 4am to be at work for 5am. As soon as i entered the building I would turn on all ovens and proofers and start mixing the dough for the morning breads and setting up equipment and bread pans to bake bread. Through out the day there would be continuous baking of various breads and buns and other items such as muffins, cakes, and cookies. My shift would usually end at 1pm unless there was a need to stay longer for more production , which usually occurred during the christmas season.
Productive workplace
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Location
This job has saved me in so many ways. I've only worked here for a month, but it's too far from home. I live in Kitchener and this job is all the way in Cambridge. It sucks..
Severe lack of hours hurts otherwise great place to work.
Baker/Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Pictou, NSFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Great co-workers.
Cons: No hours
A nice place to go work, but during the wintertime there is very little work to go around. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, both customers and fellow employees.
Productive workplace
front line customer service/cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: difficult hours
There was always something productive going on in the store. The management team were there if anyone needed help, especially if there was an issue with a customer.
Nice place to work and to work together as a team
Customer Service / Sales (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, free food for holidays
Cons: you can't please everybody
My manager and co-workers help each other out and deal with customers was the hard part of the job. The easy part of the job that I know a lot of codes in the meat wrapping machine.

My manager makes me be aware of things and he is very understanding and supportive.
Great Place to Work
Baker (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 27, 2016
Pros: Great pay and benifits
Cons: Poor Manager skills.
One of the management staff cuts you down and wont do her job and blames others for the work not being done.
This employee has made others feel so bad they quit.
Productive and fun place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Oakville, ONApril 8, 2016
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: No benefits for part time work
There is always plenty of things to do and it is a great place to work. Management is always available and care about you as a person
Stockboy for Sobeys Jobs for Youth (John Howard Society)
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Port Colborne, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Three paid breaks
Cons: On your feet all day
I learned to deal with customers face to face and to ensure that their problems are met right then and their! I also learned a fast past work and to always look for something to do even if you think you're finished you're job in a work environment their is always something to be done somewhere always be looking to give a hand!
Good people and great company
Cashier (Current Employee), Saint John, NBApril 20, 2016
I work as a cashier. I bag groceries with a break depending on how many hours I work. My co-workers are nice, and there are plently of hours.
I clean and do breads
Bakery Personel (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I do dishes and clean the floors as well as doing the garlic breads and discards. i also do cakes and pastry's and help with whatever the manager needs.
Love working with the public in my job. Unfortunate that there aren't full time hours available.
Cashier (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 2, 2013
Pros: customers and co workers are fun to get to know.
Cons: not enough hours available
My day consists of serving customers in our community. I love working with the public and have made quite a few "friends" in this position. I enjoy my job but wish there were more consistant and available hours. It's hard to raise a family on only part time hours. I have been in this industry through a variety of workplaces for over twenty years so I do know how to do my job really well. Would love the chance to work full time hours and continue to be able to deal with public.
Non-complicated, but can be stressful
Night Clerk (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 15, 2015
I've only been working at sobeys for a little while (as a night clerk) so i stock, face, and sometimes receive. its not bad, but the hours are kinda brutal. which leaves little time for much else. there seems to be an overwhelming time pressure every day, and sometimes things get backed up and what not. its a decent job if you can manage working nights.
Not a very nice palce to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
Handle all aspects of Cashier duties IE serve customers, stock shelves, cleaning floors, cleaniong registers and when not busy mopping floors
very productive workplace constant changes
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: the benefits
Cons: long hours especially on salary
My day at work started with greeting co-workers and seeing what was in store for the day[ people missing, production, stock deliveries]
I learned there are many types of people in the world and each one has there own good and bad habits, management did their job and was dependable for assistance, the hardest part and the most enjoyable part was the same, the variety of people.
Slow Moving Not Well Managed
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJune 3, 2013
Pros: awesome breaks
Cons: long shifts, underpaid, no raises, horrible management
This job had a high turnover rate for all ranks, which was really frustrating. No one was really into this job, which makes it very difficult to want to go to work. The most enjoyable part about this job was the customers. The hardest part of the job was wanting to go.
Pretty good job
Seafood Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Fun workplace with good people
Cons: Little to no room for advancement, even from part-time to full-time
Been at Sobey's for 9 years now and I have no complaints. The best part is probably my manager and the people I work with. I wouldn't like it nearly as much if I didn't have friends there. Mine is a pretty easy job and there's not a lot of pressure to get a million things done in one day. It's very laid back.
Days at Sobey's were awesome
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 7, 2015
the ladies that i worked with were always so energetic and friendly
it was a great atmosphere
management was amazing to talk to
the most enjoyable part of the job at sobey's was doing the cake decorating
good environment, good people. great experience
Grocery Clerk, Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: short shifts
i worked 4 hr shifts. had a small pay for 2 weeks. met some great people. the hardest part of the job was on a friday, the most work for the week and i was by myself. i was at school for the most part so i can't complain if i had short shifts