SoMedia Networks is seeking an experienced part-time Web Editor to help maintain SoMedia.net, blogs and general online communications. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing and editing content to ensure quality, consistency and timeliness of all publications. In addition the Web Editor will support the marketing department in achieving strategic content marketing goals. Full time employment in the future a possibility.
- Review, edit and publish content submitted by freelance writers though our CMS.
- Ensure content complies with established corporate guidelines and is consistent with brand positioning and language.
- Ensure content descriptions and titles are appropriate, succinct and enticing to users.
- Optimize content for internal and external search.
- Train and support writers and Web writing best practices.
- Help implement Web standards and guidelines for content development.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA in English, Journalism or Communications
- 5 years min. professional editing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, able to write engaging articles using solid writing skills (spelling, grammar, etc.)
- Corporate experience preferred
ABOUT SOMEDIA NETWORKS
SoMedia Networks provides on-demand scalable video production services and solutions to digital agencies, corporations, online media and broadcasters anywhere in North America. By leveraging Cloud based technologies, process engineering and a managed crowdsource workforce, SoMedia has successfully transformed video production into a low cost service available anywhere, anytime at unlimited volume.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to send CV along with samples of custom blog content, relevant writing samples and links to website.
No phone calls please.