Snuggle Bugz Employee Reviews

A great 3 Years
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 August 2017
I was with Snuggle Bugz for just shy of 3 years and being part of this team was a wonderful experience. Not only was I given a number of opportunities to expand my skill set, but I have made some life long friends from this team.

My position was constantly evolving and my training was always available with different team members and even offsite training, including trips to Google! I was presented with a number of opportunities to expand my role and skill set. Hours were flexible since I worked outside of the regular 9-5, and I never had a problem talking to management with any compensation or coverage concerns. The work/life balance is also wonderful!

What I loved most about working with Snuggle Bugz was the team and environment. Everyone is so passionate and has such a strong drive that it makes your work and time fly right by. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with and for. I had a wonderful relationship with not only my direct manager but with both company owners which made my day to day actually so much fun! Everyone is extremely easy to get along with and a big personality is totally accepted here. Obviously there were challenging days, and sometimes I did jobs that to me at the time made no sense to my position, but it was all worth it in the long run! This is a fast paced, growing team that is good for anyone who is willing to learn and evolve as well!
Pros
Such a fun team!!
Cons
The Burlington Skyway commute
I love my job!!
Part time, Head Office (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 May 2017
I've been with Snuggle Bugz for a number of years. They are wonderful to work for! They are a growing company but strive to keep a family feel. Everyone, including the owners, are friendly and welcoming. I work with some of the best people! Many start off in Retail, or Warehouse positions and advance to management or HQ. The company is good with providing training and helping you to gain the needed skills to advance. Management is always there to help and support you. It's a great company to work for!
Pros
Great culture, great people!
Not worth the pay.
Shipper and Order Picking (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 April 2017
I have many years working in a warehouse environment. But this is the most disorganized one by far. Pay sucks. Just ask the employees. Lucky to get a raise and it's like .20 cents tops. You work with people who sit down and do nothing, while other people work. Good luck trying to find product in there. No system in place to accurately find product. They seem to favour people if they suck up a lot. I've seen ladies upfront who work 12-14 hour shifts weekly and are on salary. Owners are cheap when it comes to raises. Find another place to work.
Pros
Some of your coworkers
Cons
Pay, Amount of work for the pay, breaks, people in charge play favourites
It was an OK place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 April 2017
Not very much training, felt as if certain employees were favorited.

expected to learn it all within 1st few days. Scared to ask questions because answers weren't welcomed
Fast paced
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 January 2017
Growing and getting bigger, fast pace environment. Good people and management. Leader in baby related product. Lead ten people on the afternoon shift.
Management only wants "yes" people.
Transfers/Shipping/Receiving/Order Picking (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 November 2016
No-one listens to your ideas and everyone blames the person bellow them for issues in the warehouse. Other warehouse employees were nice for the most part, but a bad egg can ruin the entire experience. Benefits are NOT included, even though they'll lie and tell you they are in the interview. You get next to no money for an extremely demanding job (you don't stop moving all day and you have to go up many flights of stairs frequently). Don't work here, it's just not worth your time and mental health.
Pros
It's a good workout.
Cons
Too many to list.
Training is basically non existent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2016
Overall, Snuggle Bugz was an OK place to work, as long as you are able to remember everything after being shown once. The training was very limited and not very well put together. You basically were expected to go home and do product research on your own time, in order to get proper information. The very 1st day I worked, I was thrown on cash and expected to know what to do. Instead of training properly, you are shown VERY quickly how to do things and expected to remember them all.

A lot of gossip between management and other employees. When you are stuck and need to ask a question, answers offered are not very welcoming.

At the end of the day, training is not very thorough or well put together.
Pros
salary, breaks
Cons
hours, training, playing favourites
Management is difficult and doesnt understand scheduling conflicts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 May 2016
I worked here for 1 day and quit. I had told the manager I was only available a few days before the summer started since it was a long commute from my college for a part time job, but the manager scheduled me anyways. Very difficult to get the manager to understand what you're saying and you have to explain everything multiple times.

Other than that, training was.... interesting. I've never started a job and been thrown into it like I had with this job. Within 30 minutes I was on cash, which wasn't an issue. But I had minimal knowledge on baby products but was expected to help customers. You pretty much have to make it up as you go or follow another person around all day. For some things, you learn from experience but definitely not everything.

Overall, super glad I got out of there when I did. Seems like people come and go often.
Pros
Good pay for the most part
Cons
2 weeks vacation is not what you expect, difficult management, minimal training, expect you to work even when you say you cant.
Not that great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2016
It was an alright job but I had a lot of problems with the district manager. She was petty and favoured employees for no reason at all. I had a horrible time with some employees and the management team wasn't great. The training is horrible because the original manager was on leave and the district manager would refuse to teach us and expect us to just study the product features online. I don't suggest applying here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Great company
Office (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2016
As a previous employee of another company, I came by the Snuggle bugz office and was immediately impressed by the culture and atmosphere created by not only management but by the employees that worked here. This company values team work, respect and recognition, qualities that are very difficult to find in a lot of work places! Since then I have transitioned to work for Snuggle Bugz. I have had the opportunity to grow within this workplace as they value internal candidates. This company had a great HR team where you have the opportunity to express how you feel. As a recent grad with very little work experience, I was given the opportunity to take on a challenging new position where I can grow and gain valuable experiences. This is a great place to work and I have enjoyed my time here so far :)
Pros
Great atmosphere, great team to work with
I wouldn't work here!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Ontario28 May 2015
I'm so glad I left this job.

Management are snobs and have favourite employees. If you aren't one of the favourites you basically don't exist and will be ignored. I wasn't a favourite and can count on one hand how many times I spoke with the owners - and I worked in the SAME office.

You get one unpaid half hour break for working 8.5hrs and expected to eat at your desk and continue working (unless you are warehouse staff)

You will never be praised for work you've done, only told to work harder and faster and told you HAVE TO stay late or work on your days off or you'll be fired. You're constantly being scrutinized for every little thing you do and spoken down to, as if you are a child. Don't get up and go get a drink of water unless you want to be pulled into the office and yelled at for it.

There was a lot of "he said/she said" rumour starting when I was there. I was sworn at a few times by one of the management team. Due to having no HR department, my complaints were swept under the rug and I was told "You made it happen for asking dumb questions" by the owner of the company.

They consistently messed up my paychecks and paid me less than what I was supposed to get and when I enquired I was given attitude by my supervisor. Then it took two more paydays to be reimbursed the money I was owed.

You will only ever get min. wage. Don't ask for a raise because you won't get it. Owners are cheap and don't care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, horrible pay, terrible owners
Terrible company
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Burlington16 May 2015
Horrible place to work. Owners and management staff plays favourites among employees and if you aren't a favourite you are treated like garbage. Was constantly talked down to as if I was an idiot. Best day of my life is when I left this job.
I learned that my self esteem was worth more than a lousy pay check.
Productivity and my co-workers keep me going.
Order Picker/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 November 2014
Its a great company and the staff are amazing, like family. I cant say breaks are that great. We work 8.5 hours a day and only get a half an hour lunch not paid for. A few months ago they decided finally that we can have one more break for 10 minutes in the morning. They could definitely work on that part of it. We come in and say good morning and chat a minute or two. Work right away. I pack and ship all day. If we need help for example: we are missing something for that order. We would then ask a picker to check on that and see if they can find it or see if we have it. The people are the best. Very friendly. We have baked goodies sometimes or someone will bring in coffee and donuts for everyone. We dressed up in our warehouse and front office for halloween. Hardest part of the job is not having enough breaks to re charge our batteries a little. And no reviews or raise since I started there. For anyone. No HR department. I have needed someone to talk to at my work. I believe that is all I would like to share about us. Thank you.
Pros
people I work with, and the job itself.
Cons
not enough breaks, no review/raise in the year.
Friendly Work Environment with Foozeball table in the lunch room
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 May 2014
First day on the job was just watching everyone else work.
They need to come up with an instruction manual. Some aspects of a job are learn as you go, not all of them.
They messed up my hours and unpaid me once while implementing a new system. I had to mention the mistake before it was fixed.
Its a new and growing company, but they need to be more organized and coordinated.
I learnt how to tell a pregnant women the order she placed for her newborn is set to arrive weeks after her baby is born.
You have to personally deal with CanadaPost, which is a nightmare.
The upper management team is very clicky and exclusive as well. There is little to no room for advancement and the pay is not worth the work that is required.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Not enough training