SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Tenant Services
Tenant Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
A typical work day for me would be manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
In my past roles, I have improved my communication and problem-solving skills.
I have some management skills, and ensure coordinating groups o people to accomplish the same goals.
I have an outgoing and friendly personality and enjoy working with a variety of different co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when there is unresolved conflict that managemenDt did not manage quickly.
Pros
Flexiblilty
Cons
Doesn't always stand up for employees against difficult clients.
A very diverse and technology-based environment
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta2 November 2015
In the typical work day at SNC, it would be necessary to transmit documents between engineers/vendors/clients. It was a difficult task to get all parties to synchronize with approval systems and making sure the correct health and safety personnel were involved with the correct project/drawings; so once a drawing was finally fully approved and able to be archived it was a fulfilling moment. I find enjoyment in finishing tedious projects that require lots of detail-orientation. I am incredibly organized so that is always a definite benefit for me, because I am always trying to be as efficient as possible.

Pros
flexible hours, great benefits, coworkers were nice
Cons
no work position security
Productive work place
Project Procurement Manager - (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2015
7-10 hrs per day.
Learned professionalism and working with clients

Constant management change environment

Coworkers are competitive

Some are amazing

Most enjoyable part of the job, accomplishing the task, and seeing the job being constructed
Mechanical and Mining Layout Designer
Mining Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2015
Good company to work for. it is a epcm compay and specializes in many different fields including mining, infrastructure, manitainance and oil and gas
It helped me to build confidence.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2015
I had a chance to grow by changing and improving by interacting people with huge expertise in their own field. There is always professional help in case of need.
If you want to work in a Mad Men environment this is the place for you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 October 2015
The directors I would work for were men with little view of women.

I got little respect and we are basically considered like our opinion doesnt matter.

You can see a net difference between the directors and the employees who do not have a big title.

I decided to leave because the company was beginning to be unstable and most of us felt like we were working in a prison.

Best decision! I am now working at a company that allows growth and the managers respect the opinions of everyone whether it be an Admin assistant or a Manager.

Also the salary is not something that you can live off.
Pros
Good retirement plan
Cons
No respect from Directors
A good place to start your career
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2015
Being in an industrial environment was a great help to get quickly familiar with instrumentation and control engineering
Great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 September 2015
It's a great company with interesting projects and smart people. Any job involves a lot of challenges, therefore makes it interesting to work fort. Would highly reccoment this company to anyone.
Fair company to work for...
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 September 2015
The work load was heavy...I am use to this kind of work in a camp environment...I got along great with all staff and management...Often times we were under staffed typical in camps but the work got done by pulling together...I am so use to 10 work days I would find it strange to work anything less...
Pros
Make good wages
Cons
Being away from home
There was a lot of complex projects, giving myself the ability to work with them at the same time.
Planner, Estimator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 September 2015
Excellent environment to develop and grow a career, many employee advantages. Descent amount of a red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Career grow and develop
Cons
Frequently changes in head managment
Good company
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
Good company with a vast wealth of experience. Pleasure to work for. Learned something new each and every day I was at work.
It is an excellent International Organisation with diversified expertise
Piping Discipline Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin’s employees provide EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including mining and metallurgy, oil and gas, infrastructure and power. SNC-Lavalin can also combine these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capabilities to provide complete end-to-end project solutions.

SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
Pros
very commemorative and place to learn big time
Cons
Very large task force which present challenges and growth limitations
Upper management shuffle
Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Canada14 September 2015
The company has many challenges due to a very public scandal involving C-level executives. The company has managed to retain many contracts however, layoffs across the company have begun.

There is a disconnect between upper management and the business units as there seems to be little synergy in moving forward.
Pros
great salary
Cons
poor management
Great place to work with a flexible, reliable and experienced team
Civil specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 September 2015
Excellent work place with good supportive management. The company give the opportunity to balance work and life by allowing working flexible hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The pleasant multicultural environment help a lot to grow professionally as well as personally. Each project require his own specific team. Variety of projects and tasks ranging from the monotonous to developing new ideas or strategies were challenging and exciting.
Pros
an environment where employees are comfortable sharing concerns and successes
the project team personnel were amazing to work with
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 September 2015
The Electrical group involved were fun to work with, very little stress, I looked forward to a days work with all involved
Very political
Document Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2015
This company is very political and has a lot of problems within its management team. No mentoring and a lot of bullying including the Human Resource Dept. No sense of team or striving to improve. Lots of overtime billed to clients and no work being accomplished
Pros
Cons
Bullying and no policies in place
Great projects, good functional management and project management
Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2015
SNC has delivered some fantastic projects.

Regional Project Directorship and Functional Management is knowledgeable, experienced and makes things happen.
Pros
Good technical skill set.
Cons
Job security
Great team to work with
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  calgary26 August 2015
Excellent work environment with super friendly people. Got opportunity to set up the finance team and lead from the front.
For the most part, Sarnia was good, Brampton Site was staffed with qualified personnel, but run by Main Office General Super with limited knowledge a
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton Ont23 August 2015
Good Company with a variety of nationality personnel. Well Organized. Most of Office Staff was from the USA. General Superintendent hired his Nephew that had no construction experience to be his assisstant
RM - Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Geomatics Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2015
General Dynamics was a company that taught me the discipline required to work with very high standards of processes and procedures in the defense business.
Pros
Great peiple to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.

77%