SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Big Kitchen
Kitchen General Help (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 April 2015
It was a big kitchen that had a 4 selections of food: Fast food, 2 lines of Home made food, and Healthy food. This kitchen was in an Oil camp in Alberta that had over 3,000 clients that come everyday. I have developed the ability to adapt in fast paced work enviorment and also cooperating with my coworkers. Managment was tough with work habits yet the hardest part was to maintain at busy times when we lack on coworker since it was a big kitchen. Other than that I have enjoyed the experience and excitement which has developed my skills to be efficient.
Good work culture
Electrical Commissioning Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 November 2015
Enjoyable work place. Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. Good safety work culture among all. Fun work place with supportive management.
Unsecure Work Environment
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2015
While the company is dealing with its past Bribery issues, the company still has a long way to go with other issues and just one item is winning new work.
Great learning experience
accounting a Financial Analysis Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
This company has provided a great opportunity for me to learn and grow as a business professional in a rapidly changing business environment.
Productive, confident, loyalty to my employer and always enjoyed my workplace.
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2015
I work with enthusiasm, trying to be more specialist, spreading my acknowledges to my coworkers and given mentor to others engineers, working under pressure when was necessary to make delivery the projects on time.
Pros
he benefis of company, flexible time to work and vacations and the envairomet of emploees.
Cons
Productive environment, with good balance between private life and career
3D Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2015
I'm proud to part of SNC-Lavalin team, and I'm really happy with the challenges the job brings every day. The sources and dedication of the company to supporting the employees to do top level engineering and delivering the best results to the client are really impressive.
Great projects, good functional management and project management
Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2015
SNC has delivered some fantastic projects.

Regional Project Directorship and Functional Management is knowledgeable, experienced and makes things happen.
Pros
Good technical skill set.
Cons
Job security
RM - Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Geomatics Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2015
General Dynamics was a company that taught me the discipline required to work with very high standards of processes and procedures in the defense business.
Pros
Great peiple to work with
Fun and challenging work servicing Bell Canada
Senior Consultant Realty Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2015
My work schedule is self-managed and full of variety which includes meetings to interview customers, meetings with consultants, preparing monthly reports and business travel for different purposes.

The job is very rewarding as improving working conditions for the customers is the target and this was consistently achieved.

My colleagues are some of the best with whom I have worked with and our shared goal of improving processes, standards and the work environment ensures Bell Canada gets the best service.
Interesting and Rewarding
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 April 2015
Working in the transmission and distribution industry was interesting and rewarding.
Building healthy supportive relationships with the work crews and my construction management team were challenging and rewarding.
Working as part of an Heath and Safety Team to implement and monitor the Health and Safety Management System was a great experience.
Positive Work Environment with ability to grow.
Executive Assistant to EVP Construction, Power (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2015
A typical work day consists of multiple routine tasks early in the morning and curving into afternoon training sessions and learning opportunities.
I have learned to be functional and dynamic in any role given to me in a days activities.
Working with Management and being part of a Management role has helped with maintaining an open concept functionality within the work environment.
The hardest part of the job is limiting my responsibilities, because I like to learn and support others in their endeavors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being busy within my work day.
Pros
Positive "Always Learning" Enviornment
Cons
Long Commute
Mechanical and Mining Layout Designer
Mining Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2015
Good company to work for. it is a epcm compay and specializes in many different fields including mining, infrastructure, manitainance and oil and gas
Great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 September 2015
It's a great company with interesting projects and smart people. Any job involves a lot of challenges, therefore makes it interesting to work fort. Would highly reccoment this company to anyone.
It helped me to build confidence.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2015
I had a chance to grow by changing and improving by interacting people with huge expertise in their own field. There is always professional help in case of need.
A place to work
Electrical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2015
Many talented people work for this company, unfortunately the organizational structure is lacking. There is a glaring disconnect between management and the work force.

The majority of co-workers are capable professionals and loyal individuals.

The hardest part of the job is to find continuity and leadership from management.

The most enjoyable part is the interaction and support among co-workers.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
management
Decent place to work
Planner - Oil and Gas Division (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2015
Overall it is enjoyable working on a project. If you are skilled and a team player you will do well and the company will treat you well. Be warned that if you let them take over your work life balance, they will, but if you are firm with them that you have a life outside work, they will respect that.

However, there are too many layers of senior management; no one knows what they all do.
Very good place to apply your knowledge as a chemical engineer.
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC and Calgary, AB13 January 2015
A typical day at work is determining the size of an equipment or a piping. Preparing or checking design drawings.

I learned a lot about several processes (SAGD, upgraders, mining plants, gas plants, etc.), the different stages of projects, and the interrelationship among all the disciplines.

The hardest part of the job is that you need to produce a lot of calculations and documents in a few time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to see your design come true and working as expected.
Pros
flexi-time schemes
Cons
aggressive Schedules
A healthy and productive work environment.
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2015
Projects are typically of moderate to high complexity, risk and exposure.

My co-workers across the country deliver superior service to our client. My co-workers are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.

The hardest part of the job was the time spent on the mitigation and management of project risks.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Flexibility to work remotely
Cons
Too much emphasis was put on the reporting and not on the quality and the delivery of the projects
Engineering
Junior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 December 2014
SNC-LAVALIN INC., Montreal 2011 -2013

Junior Mechanical Engineer
Xstrata (Raglan) Nickel Mill Upgrade 40 KTPA (2013)

Alcoa (Baie Comeau) Expansion of Aluminum Smelter (2011-2012)
 Prepared scope of work, specifications, data sheets and vendor’s requirement list for various packages
 Answered supplier’s questions and followed up with them
 Prepared equipment list using Smart Plant
 Prepared Human and Operability Factors (Ergonomic) Design Criteria
Professional Engineers Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 December 2014
Over 20th years experience as an electrical engineer in a variety of fields like: Mining & Metallurgy, Oil & Gas, Port and Marine. Experienced in planning, designing, calculating, coordinating and managing projects to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities with excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem. Solving skills and also communicate with client’s engineers to gain their trust and cooperation. Leadership skills and coordination with other disciplines, documentation skills, technicians and other team members from multiple disciplines.