Pros: challenging project site
Cons: needed more support staff
for construction of mine construction camp and site infrastructure including: residence buildings, roads, airstrip with navigational aids, earthworks, blasting, fuel storage tanks\piping and containment and dispensing, power generation and distribution, potable water and sewage piping and treatment installations, structural steel and concrete. Also perform QC of works.
• Direct\assist construction trade forces• Ensure workers follow safety procedures and training
• Ensure Owner owned equipment is fully certified for use and arrange for qualified service technicians
• Attend daily construction – more... meetings and participate in site training programs
• Inspection construction works and ensure Contractors submit as-constructed data, testing and QC information
• Assist Engineering Design with submission of site information.
• Submit daily progress\site issue report to Project and Construction Managers.
• Resolve site construction issues and problems
-What I Learned
Persistence gets the job done
Team effort works better
Everybody needs to be on the same work page every day
-Hardest Part of the Job
Everybody understanding constraints of working in remote and isolated environments
-Most Enjoyable Part Of this Job
My work is Completed – less