SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

My work with company was very short (6 months) due to a big loss of three big proposals, which created a low work load and a lot of lay-off.
Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2016
Good work environment, good atmosphere, good professional people. Unfortunately, to much time spent in extra-social activity and less for professional development activity. Each professional leader, engineer, manager have to avoid the sintagma:
"for this project we need to use technical solution used by company in the past three (...) projects"
Each project is unique and the technology and equipment evolve.
Pros
Good professional engineers (on the group leader level)
Cons
Weak management, with less experienced managers, which determine a lot of loss in proposal area, and an unsafe workplace, pending of workload
Dépend de la conjoncture économique
Dessinateur concepteur 3D et vérificateur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 March 2016
Projets intéressants et polyvalents, possibilité de travail de conception et de chantier
Pros
flexible
Cons
emploi permanent temporaire
Environnement de travail très agréable
Contrôleur Qualité - vérification de la qualité (Former Employee) –  Quebec, QC24 March 2016
Tres bon encadrement des employés . Environnement de travail très agréable , bonne esprit d'équipe , bonne collaboration .
Good Working Environment
Layout Designer/Smart3D Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Learning experience was good. Learned about the mining industry from senior designers/engineers. Management was informative about the current situation of the project. My co-workers are the best team I worked with in the project
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Job security
no comments
Analyste centre de services/Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 March 2016
i receive about 100 calls per day and more than 500 emails and about 80 tickets from other department very friendly coworkers,always very busy ,
Great place to work.
Mechanical Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2016
Really enjoyed working there, would love to go back.
And all, are team players. Fast and exciting. Loved what I was designing , with the mining and metal team.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
None.
Projects were exciting
AutoCAD Drafting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 March 2016
I've worked on just about every major aluminum smelter that was built in Quebec. I got to work with some of the engineering managers I've ever met. Learned some professional skills that only come with being and working with them - ethics, drive, commitment to excellence, doing a job beyond the norm. Great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Once the jobs done...you have to go on.
Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
Excellent and very exciting place to work collaboratively with great management leading a great team. A high premium is placed on ethics for everyday business conduct. Management vision to become a tier-1 global engineering company well communicated through regular executive blogs. Great company!
Pros
High premium on ethics
Cons
Nil
Good company with good salary and benefits package.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
I basically handled A/P for the last 16 years at SNC.Lavalin.
For the recent five years I processed utility bills for all the Bank of Montreal branches across the country. I found SNC.Lavalin as a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.
Fière d'avoir été employé de SNC
Gestionnaire / ingénieur en mise en service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2016
J'ai acquis une très belle expérience chez SNC. J'ai travaillé dans plusieurs départements et différents contrats. J'ai apprecié la diversité des projets, la confiance que j'ai reçue, la dynamique et la mobilisation des équipes.
great place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  montreal8 March 2016
nice place to work, greatest job I ever had. it's a corporation that really takes care of its employees
I dont have much more to say, if you have any questions please contact me directly
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
none!
Good place to work and gain experience
Area Lead Steam Generation Unit (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2016
Worked with very experienced and senior engineers. Good working environment, get full support from the seniors when needed. Good job work/life balance and good benefits.
Belle firme Québécoise
Comptable de projets/Administration (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2016
Le travail y est intéressant puisque travailler sur des projets t'amène à être polyvalent et voir différents aspects de qu'est-ce que l'ingénierie
Pros
Heures flexibles
Cons
Manque de personnel
Productive and friendly employees.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2016
The company helps me elevate my position from project coordinator to field engineer. Give more opportunity to learn new ideas, concepts and construction techniques.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours
Très agréable et productif sous des conditions parfois difficiles et dangereuses.
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 February 2016
Administer, direct and manage full site service activities for a construction site operation,
Pros
Bonne qualité de vie à l'interne
Great expirience
Vehicle detailer (Former Employee) –  Kandahār18 February 2016
Lots of fun working in KAF with them beside the Canadian Military. Pay was good but the expirience alone was worth it. Got a GSM out of it as well so that was pretty cool.
Ambiente de trabajo un poco tenso por la carga de trabajo
Administrador de Contrato EPCM (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, Ontario15 February 2016
Se trabaja con presion propia de la naturaleza del negocio EPCM.

Respeto por el empleado.
Pros
Buena relacion salario/carga de trabajo
Cons
inestabilidad propia de empresa EPCM
not bad
Automation Engineer, SNC-Lavalin , Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
The top 10the compnay in Iran with over 33 subsideries and I like the working environment and is really good cltureand good company
Very structured
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC9 February 2016
Not a bad experience considering how massive the Evergreen project is. The on site leadership team was top notch, I would do it all over again for sure.
Built 2 EGRT Stations
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC4 February 2016
It was a good job managed by profession's. I had the pleasure to work with some of BC finest Carpenter's, Safety Officers and Labour's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.