SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Good company with good salary and benefits package.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
I basically handled A/P for the last 16 years at SNC.Lavalin.
For the recent five years I processed utility bills for all the Bank of Montreal branches across the country. I found SNC.Lavalin as a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.
great place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  montreal8 March 2016
nice place to work, greatest job I ever had. it's a corporation that really takes care of its employees
I dont have much more to say, if you have any questions please contact me directly
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
none!
Good place to work and gain experience
Area Lead Steam Generation Unit (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2016
Worked with very experienced and senior engineers. Good working environment, get full support from the seniors when needed. Good job work/life balance and good benefits.
Productive and friendly employees.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2016
The company helps me elevate my position from project coordinator to field engineer. Give more opportunity to learn new ideas, concepts and construction techniques.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours
Great expirience
Vehicle detailer (Former Employee) –  Kandahār18 February 2016
Lots of fun working in KAF with them beside the Canadian Military. Pay was good but the expirience alone was worth it. Got a GSM out of it as well so that was pretty cool.
not bad
Automation Engineer, SNC-Lavalin , Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
The top 10the compnay in Iran with over 33 subsideries and I like the working environment and is really good cltureand good company
Very structured
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC9 February 2016
Not a bad experience considering how massive the Evergreen project is. The on site leadership team was top notch, I would do it all over again for sure.
Built 2 EGRT Stations
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC4 February 2016
It was a good job managed by profession's. I had the pleasure to work with some of BC finest Carpenter's, Safety Officers and Labour's.
Good workplace but no stability at all
Engineering Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2016
Flexible hours, no stress while working, opportunity to grow skills, nice HR policies, benefits, etc.

Only concern is no stability at all, when you are busy on projects, all seems to be more than fine, but any bad news can reverse the things in no time.

Management should be more responsive while making decisions on terminations. Sometimes they take such a decision that they tend to terminate well skilled resources and retain resources having few or no relevant skills.

However overall this company is quite good to work with.
A full EPC firm with opportunities to learn and grow
Senior Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2016
Reviewing of estimates, budget and schedule information

Updating of forecasts and cost flow reports

Conduct daily reviews of purchase orders invoices

Update cost and performance information in cost and accounting systems

Co-workers are very co-operative
Long time employee
Piping Design Drafting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2016
Work at SNC for a total of 4 + years. Was a great place to work and received many years of experience working on projects for multiple clients.

Workdays were fast pace and project driven.
Company is not focus on result but politics only
Corporate Global Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2016
Management was focus on bringing more control over theirs projects in the past 3 years and was working very hard to do so thru Corporate measures and guidance. The new management decided to return to the "old ways" of each project managing there own interest without cross project synergy and corporate guidance. A complete 180 degree.
Pros
Employees, Pay grade, Canadian success, great tools
Cons
Badly manage, Confused, no guidance
Friendly Enviorment
SR. Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
Very friendly, supportive staff, as well as healthy environments, Love to go work and learn new things everyday. Good personal benefits. Financial as well as carrere gro company.
Pros
Totally Professional
Cons
free hours
Always something to do
Telecom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 January 2016
It is a decent company to work for. I don't mind being available 24/7 and I do like being busy with challenges on both a large and small scale. Seeing real change in the perception of how the company views our IT department is quite rewarding as well, though it may seem an uphill battle some of the time.

My days are filled with minor tickets through the remedy ticket system and at least 2 large projects on the go at any given time. The main challenge seems to be moving away from the old ways of things just working and moving to a documented process orientated environment. I am learning new products and ways of doing things all the time which is nice. Management is very accommodating for guidance and the atmosphere around my managers and co-workers is very relaxed.

The hardest part of the job seems to be finding time for everything as we replace an aging infrastructure (we are just completing our migration from xp to win 7) and knowing the unknown variables that arise. The importance of vendor management and escalation paths is a little new to me, I've worked closely with vendors to learn different products but this is more getting them to implement solutions and working out how these solutions will fit in the current and future environment. We learn by watching them implement instead of learning while working with them if you see the difference there.

I feel like we just need to get over this hump and then the job will become less fixing and more planning. Possibly from good to great, we are almost there! I really enjoy that sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Empowering position and lots of responsibility - I am making change
Cons
lots of responsibilty and I have no back up
very large network and many platforms
Network / Citrix Analyst level 2-3 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2016
great colleagues and very knowledgeable staff
many platforms and good benefits
over 40000 employees
in over 100 countries
Productive, helpful co-workers
Junior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
I loved working at SNC Lavalin.
Fast paced
Deadline driven workplace.
Cooperative and helpful co-workers.
Very professional
Enjoyable work place
Good safety work culture
Pros
good wage
Cons
office politics
Good work culture
Electrical Commissioning Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 November 2015
Enjoyable work place. Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. Good safety work culture among all. Fun work place with supportive management.
Your performance and loyalty is not appreciated
Package Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2015
Big company with lots of technical resources, good benefits and pay, but your job security and advancement is depended on your manager's likeness, but not your performance and loyalty.
Pros
Good technical resources and decent pay
Cons
bad culture
Unsecure Work Environment
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2015
While the company is dealing with its past Bribery issues, the company still has a long way to go with other issues and just one item is winning new work.
I love and enjoy to work at SNC Lavalin in a diverse environment where every body works in a team environment with dignity and respect.
SENIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2015
I enjoyed working at SNC Lavalin where all the employees respect each other. Work in a cohesive team environment, share knowledge thru internal workshops. Supervisors provide guidance and appreciate the hard work of their employees. All these factors contribute to the success of this company and satisfaction of the clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval