SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
experience
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2014
- Extraction and validation data, using Enterprise One PeopleSoft, and Ms Access,
- Write all procedures and documents for all transactions,
- Make tests on PeopleSoft Enterprise One, to verify that the upgrades are done correctly,
- Verify with the public works of Canada technician all data submitted by SNC Lavalin,
- Verify and evaluate each project to decide if it’s profitable or not,
- Accept and upload data into PeopleSoft Enterprise One in accordance with the Statement of Work,
- Submit project related data to Public Works by the monthly deadline in XML format,
- Ensure data submission was successful and verify data is accurate,
- Reconcile all financial data pertaining to operations and projects,
- Compose and edit procedural and technical documentation in accordance with data that is required
Professional Engineers Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 12, 2014
Over 20th years experience as an electrical engineer in a variety of fields like: Mining & Metallurgy, Oil & Gas, Port and Marine. Experienced in planning, designing, calculating, coordinating and managing projects to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities with excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem. Solving skills and also communicate with client’s engineers to gain their trust and cooperation. Leadership skills and coordination with other disciplines, documentation skills, technicians and other team members from multiple disciplines.
flexibility in current role; lack of advancement opportunity in unit
Regional Administrator - Atlantic (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 21, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of self / career development
Highly administrative role with daily routine tasks. Looking for career vs job. Small office of 3 where I work independently most days (management away). Manager supportive and understandable of work demands during peak periods, and opportunity for more flexibility when demands are low. Enjoy office and co-workers but not in line of business I wish to continue to pursue.
Tight Knit community, fun when we have work..boring when we don't
Engineer in Training (EIT) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Great environment when there is work. Strong EIT committee and friendship. Could do better in development/ training for younger generation
A professional atmosphere where I practice my line of work.
Student Engineer (Former Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 17, 2014
A regular day at work, I would go in at 8am to check in than I would proceed to the construction site I was assigned. I would make regular walks through the site and make sure everything is in order and everything is done correctly. Some of the jobs that are completed I would have to check and make sure it is done correctly. Every company has its own rules and regulation, although most companies would have the same because they would have to follow the Canadian standards. What I mean by this is for example the amount of compaction the aggregate needs to be in order to place sidewalk cement over it, another example would be the amount of manholes and catch basins to have and their locations. My group of co-workers were great. Everyone was very nice and very easy to approach. I did not find my job difficult at all and I enjoyed my entire time working with SNC-Lavalin.
Friendly good environment to work
Document Controller (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 19, 2013
Pros: people are great
Cons: the job is unpredictable with stability
I am able to come to work happy, I know exactly what I will be doing for the day, we all work as a team.

I have learned a lot at SNC I feel it has made me Appreciate having a job and that even though sometimes it may be hectic, I know I can get it done.

The management is understanding and willing to help.
Our co-workers are fantastic they are always willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is being the way things constantly change and there is no room to feel comfortable that I will have a job once a project ends or even when you are placed on a project it may get bought out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the core hours 9-4 you are able to start at 7,8,9 as long as you work your 9 hours.
GOOD WORKING ENVIRONMENT
ELECTRICAL EIT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Good working environment and nice people to work with. No growth opportunities and no job security. Relaxing place to work with vwry knowledgable people.
Good work environment and great co-workers
Mechanical Engineer in Training (EIT) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity for growth, great co-workers and lots of team building activites
A typical day involved reporting directly to the senior mechanical engineer to keep him updated on the progress of my project. I learned about the importance of communication in the workplace, especially when dealing with many different levels of management and co-workers. Being at SNC also taught me a lot about the mining industry and how things are supposed to be done, and the importance of procedure.

My co-workers were very good people, who gladly assisted when a problem arose and offered clarification on a minor issue. It is a very open workplace that helps you build confidence in yourself.

SNC offers plenty of training opportunities to better yourself as an employee and person, with in-house training as well as outside seminars.
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security dependent on current project
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere.

Work is great, but dependent on projects.
love to work hard
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: short breaks
Cons: steady hours
I am a young hard working man who enjoys living in and working in vancouver. would be great to start working full time for a great company with a positive hard working crew
Happy office environment with a lot of employees benefits (health and bonuses)
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 30, 2012
Busy office environment, work is stressful but still have time for fun; co-workers are so nice, caring and helpful during tight deadlines on report submission; management cares about the employees by conducting a yearly company summer outings or recreations. The hardest part of the job is claim preparation that needs focus or concentration to avoid mistakes on the accuracy of amounts and attaching proper back-ups; accurate coding of all business transactions and entering them to the general ledger; tracking of account balance differences and bank accounts reconciliation.
Polytics drowning all productive skills
Project Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: politics
Unless you brown nose, there is no need for things such as excellence.
see my cl and resume. Merry chrismass and a happy new year!
EPC company
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Energy Industries Engineering & Design (EIED) was established in 1996 by the engineering division of the Oil Industries’ Engineering & Construction (OIEC) Group- itself the main leader in Iran’s engineering and construction.
Thus, EIED carries a legacy of nearly two decades ofexperience in oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
EIED was founded to develop technical knowledge and applied sciences in the field of energy industries, mainly in oil, gas, petrochemicals and renewable energies, while moving towards a leading role in execution of EPC Projects of national significance in these industries.
EIED is a private company and a subsidiary of OIEC Group. Today,EIED is considered internationally as a highly qualified company in the engineering and design of energy industries,and is offering Engineering , Procurement ,and Construction Management Services to clients in accordance with the state of the art technologies and management systems.
Presently, EIED is an advanced quality and result-oriented company providing its services to both national and international clients.
EIED has completed many EP projects and is currently involved in several Engineering and EPCC projects all being indispensable to national industrial
development. EIED’s highly qualified and dedicated staff are driven by creativity, motivation and ambition to move forward their country’s energy industries in order to meet the twenty-first century technological challenges.
Friendly and busy environment (on site)
Dessinateur / Technicien électrique (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecNovember 24, 2014
Consisted of harmonizing surveyed electrical components from underground subway systems (detailing of electrical rooms, lighting arrangements, fire protection, electrical services and auxiliary services and so forth) onto AutoCAD.

Design criteria's were submitted to me by the clients engineering and technical teams.

Establish demolition, existing and new construction drawings for futur or pending issues.

Dynamic group
good company to work
Power System Engineer protection engineer (Current Employee), Toronto ONAugust 30, 2014
Pros: good company
Challenging Job
Good Work Environment
Good Management
Higher Job Security
Great place to work and very supportive environment
Piping Designer/ISO Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good mamagement and suppportive environment
Cons: shortage of work
Worked on Lump Sum Projects. Very supportive department manager and training opportunity. Great environment to work in, supportive team members. Despite being lump sum project, the challenge is great.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the day to day dealing with other disciplines and coordinating work with work share office (China)
ITs my part of my trade and skills
Carpenter 3 (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 10, 2015
I learned lot of experience on the oilfield particularly the safety of worker and my co-worker and my supervisors are good to me. The hardest part of my job is the cold weather when on win
Allows employees to excel in their field
Project Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 3, 2015
Great variety of projects, encourage employees to increase their knowledge and pursue new challenges. Respectful of employees ability to work independently.
SNC Lavalin is one of the leading engineering companies where i had the opporutnity to experience what EPCM is all about.
Intermediate Cost Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 24, 2014
Pros: flexible office hours
Cons: different clients
I had a wonderful and fruitful years with SNC. My co-workers were easy to get along with and we worked as a team. I was involved in project control activities and i had the opportunity to go back in Saudi Arabia to work when the Saudi Aramco project was scheduled for construction. In October, 2011, i decided to push through with the plan of an early retirement. This is the hardest part because i have enjoyed working with the whole project team for many years. I really appreciated the gesture of my project manager to contact him if ever i want to come back to work. After 9 months (July, 2012), he hired me as a part time employee which last until Jan. 2013.
Exciting projects. Great team members.
Senior Formatter / Technical Writer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: working from home
Cons: time difference
I normally work from home on most assignments for SNC-Lavalin. They are a great team to work with. Always professional and available for any questions that I may have.

I typically format and review documents that are part of a large project. This could entail spreadsheets, visio documents, and very large Word documents.

The hardest part of the job is time difference - working with individuals at different ends of Canada. It is not too bad because we are only talking 3 hours the most, but at times it could be a waiting game for either of us. When we do connect, it is very productive.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting (virtually only in many cases, as well as physically) the individuals that you work with. Also, working from home is a bonus.