SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a bad place to work
Administrative associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Management is awful... some of the managers don't know how to separate their home and work life.
Pros
understandable when it comes to needing time off to deal with your family
Cons
if you are not a favorite - you will be at the bottom of the list.
Terrible Management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayJanuary 6, 2015
Always felt uneasy at work because although co-workers were great, the managers for SNC-Lavalin are awful. They don't know how to do their job and as a result, it makes for a very uncomfortable work setting. I don't miss the company as there's no stability within it. A good thing about SNC-Lavalin are the benefits they offer.
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 5, 2015
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere.

Work is great, but dependent on projects.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
job security dependent on current project
Professional Engineers Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 12, 2014
Over 20th years experience as an electrical engineer in a variety of fields like: Mining & Metallurgy, Oil & Gas, Port and Marine. Experienced in planning, designing, calculating, coordinating and managing projects to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities with excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem. Solving skills and also communicate with client’s engineers to gain their trust and cooperation. Leadership skills and coordination with other disciplines, documentation skills, technicians and other team members from multiple disciplines.
Interesting Projects
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2014
The company gives you the opportunity to work on interesting projects. The senior engineers are experienced and you can learn a lot from them. Unfortunately, the management is disorganized and has no vision. I would recommend it to a person that wants to gain some experience and than move on.
Pros
interesting projects
Cons
lack of job security, average pay and benefits
Motivating and Challenging
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 27, 2014
Working with the client was very challenging at times but with my good communication I was able to satisfy all their needs. At some point the client requested my name in particular to manage their projects ( new assignment) because they trusted me on achieving the time and budget that they allocated for that program
experience
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2014
- Extraction and validation data, using Enterprise One PeopleSoft, and Ms Access,
- Write all procedures and documents for all transactions,
- Make tests on PeopleSoft Enterprise One, to verify that the upgrades are done correctly,
- Verify with the public works of Canada technician all data submitted by SNC Lavalin,
- Verify and evaluate each project to decide if it’s profitable or not,
- Accept and upload data into PeopleSoft Enterprise One in accordance with the Statement of Work,
- Submit project related data to Public Works by the monthly deadline in XML format,
- Ensure data submission was successful and verify data is accurate,
- Reconcile all financial data pertaining to operations and projects,
- Compose and edit procedural and technical documentation in accordance with data that is required
Friendly and busy environment (on site)
Dessinateur / Technicien électrique (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecNovember 24, 2014
Consisted of harmonizing surveyed electrical components from underground subway systems (detailing of electrical rooms, lighting arrangements, fire protection, electrical services and auxiliary services and so forth) onto AutoCAD.

Design criteria's were submitted to me by the clients engineering and technical teams.

Establish demolition, existing and new construction drawings for futur or pending issues.

Dynamic group
Great place to work and very supportive environment
Piping Designer/ISO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Worked on Lump Sum Projects. Very supportive department manager and training opportunity. Great environment to work in, supportive team members. Despite being lump sum project, the challenge is great.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the day to day dealing with other disciplines and coordinating work with work share office (China)
Pros
good mamagement and suppportive environment
Cons
shortage of work
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working in SNC Lavalin. Working environment is great. Lot of opportunities to learn new things.
Unprofessional
Candidate (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 4, 2014
They are very unprofessional. Sent 2 emails regarding "follow up's to outstanding items and zero response. Not even a curtesy email stating the obvious. If this is how they conduct their business, I want no part of it.
A good work inviroment with awesome gym
HVAC apprentice (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 25, 2014
learned lots about my trade
management was questionable at times
co-workers and overall atmosphere was great
hardest part of my job was the long shift work
enjoyed the people, experience and food
Pros
good place to work
Good
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer In Training (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 23, 2014
Good place to work but with very low job security. Very helpful coworkers. Good opportunities of training and professional development.
A professional atmosphere where I practice my line of work.
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLOctober 17, 2014
A regular day at work, I would go in at 8am to check in than I would proceed to the construction site I was assigned. I would make regular walks through the site and make sure everything is in order and everything is done correctly. Some of the jobs that are completed I would have to check and make sure it is done correctly. Every company has its own rules and regulation, although most companies would have the same because they would have to follow the Canadian standards. What I mean by this is for example the amount of compaction the aggregate needs to be in order to place sidewalk cement over it, another example would be the amount of manholes and catch basins to have and their locations. My group of co-workers were great. Everyone was very nice and very easy to approach. I did not find my job difficult at all and I enjoyed my entire time working with SNC-Lavalin.
Lots of Contract Work
Document Control (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 9, 2014
If you're hired on contract it is difficult to move up, or progress in your career.
Pros
salaries
Cons
contractor/temp work environment on projects
Dynamic, fast paced environment
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OnSeptember 30, 2014
Must be ready to adapt with changes and challenges of work assignments.
Good place to learn and work
Procurement QC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2014
Very cooerative and helpful manager/lead, good scope to learn and develop work skills.
Mature Environment
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
This is a workplace that treats people like adults and they do not micro-manage.
The stressful part of the job is not having any training
Pros
earned time off
Cons
no training
Productive & interesting workplace in an office
Commis de bureau (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCSeptember 13, 2014
- Assist the Project Manager in assembling and filing claim files.
- Interact with various team members to perform various clerical tasks.

- Install inventory lists by computer (Word, Excel)
- Ranger shirts labeled in appropriate folders
- Make prints, photocopies and scanning various documents.
- Fold and classify engineering plans.
Pros
good communication
Cons
short break
Productive Place
Junior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2014
its very loving and fun place to work. SNC taught me alot, colleagues are very cooperative and helpful.The icing on the cake SNC is all about place of opportunity to learn and fun.
Pros
free soft drinks etc etc