SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
colleagues, benefits, challenges, family
Business Intelligence analyst (Current Employee), Montreal (canada)July 25, 2013
Pros: working environment and spirit of work
Cons: it's in montreal
Actually working at SNC is great:

- colleagues are amazing

- benefits are great

- the job is most of the time very interesting

- I had the opportunity to have great challenges

The IT department is like a family and working is such conditions is great.
accounts payable clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Campbellton, NBJuly 14, 2013
Pros: working with the public
Cons: eight to four g reat hours but i liked the seven to three hours shifts better
Paid invoices for various customers.
Filing
Telephone Skills
Research for invoices not paid
Worked with regular invoices, utilities
Worked well with co workers

Was on the social committee. Organized events for the company. Was secretary.
Integrity honesty daily
Senior Buyer / Project Lead (Current Employee), Morningside, GPJune 12, 2013
Pros: hours are flexi time
Cons: no canteen
Our hours are flexi which is an advantage because of traffic.
i work in a friendly environment. Get along well with management and co-workers. Every day brings new chalanges which have to be delt with. The end result is that we have built a plant/mine which is a great feeling of accomplishment

I feel that without integrity and honesty any company will – more... loose. – less
Workplace day
Junior Control and Instrumentation Designer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: when the task reach its timeframe without being completed
I normally get to work aroung 7;00am and then check any important emails. i then proceed into my daily tasks that i will get from my mentor. I have learned a lot about good communication and leadership skills. I have learned that time management is very important, as i was working on projects which have specific deliverables set to the specific date. – more... I have also learned some tactics on how to get drawing done perfectly on itme, i have learned to work in a group of people.
My co-workers were all experienced more than me, and they were very patient with making sure that i get the best out of my training.
The hardest part of my job was when i had to start a new task that i never did before, but due to me working hard and willing to learn, i always managed to pull the task together 100%
The most enjoyable part of my job was when i had to do challenging calculations guided by my mentor. I enjoyed when i was part of the Project management learnership and relaized how everything around us is a project on its own. – less
Surmont 2, Fort Mac
General helper (Current Employee), Surmont 2, Fort MacMay 20, 2013
Pros: room & board
Cons: see above
Management is a complete disaster. HR can't get benefits to workers before 5-7 months when the promise is 3 months. High staff turnover, low morale. Safety is just a word, equiptment never gets repaired, bedbugs. The list is almost endless how they show little to no regard for the staff.
Great co-workers, clueless management
Food Services (Current Employee), Surmont 2May 19, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low pay, work conditions, clueless management
This company should get out of the O&M of work/construction camps. Leave it to the companies that actually know how to run it! The hours are typical for the oil&gas industry but the rotations are very long (21/7). Middle and upper management have no idea what is actually required for the successful operation of their facility. Everything is run by budget/spread – more... sheets. Facility runs in spite of its poor management due to the overworked staff. Turnover is very high due to low pay, lack of respect and heavy workload. Morale is extremely low. – less
Good Compensation, Professionally Challlenging
Project Engineer Electrical (Former Employee), Calgary, CanadaApril 9, 2013
Pros: professionally good work place
Cons: managment is weak
Good Company professionally but Management is little weak.
Wonderful Intern Program, Great place to work over all.
Auto Cad Drafter (Former Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 7, 2013
Typical day started with donuts. Fun start to our work day, however I gain a few pounds there. Work and consisted of 10 hour days.
I learned the I & E process for Exxon Mobil.
Supervisor worked great with all of the interns. They gave us plenty of work and overtime was optional.
The hardest part of the job was leaving after the internship was completed.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was learn the Cad system along with other and learning form each other mistakes as well as their accomplishments. – less
Busy
HSE Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 5, 2013
Work site keeps us very busy. Everyone works together for the safety of the employees. I enjoy getting to do walk around inspections and getting to see all the different trades working together.
Production, focus
Sr Piping Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 26, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, project challenges, employees
Cons: travel distance
Projects are a desirable challenge, always changing to better meet the customers needs.
My process, mechanical skills are always in demand for this and other positions.
Management keeps a flexible environment to maintain the safe and timely project schedule.
Stay away!
Project Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 18, 2012
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: too much to list
Management makes empty promises to the client which they know they can't fulfill. They hire poorly qualified people to lead their projects groups. Management has no qualms about crossing ethical lines.

corneliusapplebottom10 – January 3, 2013

i am a current worker w snc. i damaged a personal drill at work and they refused to replace it because it wasnt in the budget due to the managements year end bonuses coming up around that time. no regard for the workers or their safety.its all about money to these guys.they would not order new parts to replace old parts.instead they would have me search the buildings on site for old used parts.i was rushed through most jobs causing near misses and potential high risk situations.they hire kids off the street to do jobs that typically would require certification.i dunno how they get away with it but this is where our tax dollars are spent. thanks. hope this helps.

Not too Shabby!
HSE Inspector (Current Employee), Freeport, TXOctober 28, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: working for samsung.
Depending on the needs of the project, we worked anything from 5/10s to 7/12s. I learned to never work on a Samsung Engineering project anywhere ever again. The SNC-Lavalin management onsite treated us great and had our backs against the Samsung management who saw us "as cattle" (a quote from one of the Samsung employees). The hardest part of the job – more... was reconciling between multiple different safety regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see employees go home safe everyday. – less
Great work environment with friendly staff
Oil & Gas Industrial Drafter (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
A great place to work with everyone friendly and knowledgeable, helping each other out.
Culturally diverse, dynamic - T&D
Former (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 26, 2012
Pros: social events, networking and learning from peers
Cons: matrix organization (assigned to different projects) and high staff turnover
You will like a culturally diverse, knowledge company with people you can learn from (if you are not shy to ask)

Not for the career ambitious who want to quickly go up the ladder

Not for the not-hard-worker as expect to work on multiple projects at various phases (you can earn the same in other companies but with long lead projects)
Empresa dinâmica e ótima de se trabalhar.
Supervisor de TI (Former Employee), Belo Horizonte, MGApril 1, 2014
Pros: vale alimentação, plano de saude, plano odontologico, previdência privada, vale transporte.
Aprendi muito trabalhando na SNC-Lavalin conhecendo uma empresa de grande porte virar uma multinacional adequando toda sua cultura e procedimentos.

Sempre tive apoio das supervisões e gerências e ótima relação com os colegas de trabalho.

O que mais agradava era o desafio de cada dia na solução e entrega do serviço.
Buena Empresa
Lead Expeditor - Proyecto de Expansion P-40 (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNMarch 17, 2014
Resulta una buena empresa con proyectos de infraestructura, consultoría, ingeniería y EPC o EPCM. Para los empleados, es una excelente experiencia trabajar en la empresa y sus proyectos.
Es una empresa Líder en la capacitación del personal, aprendí mucho del trabajo en equipo y de normatividades técnicas inherentes a mi cargo. La dir
Especialista área Eléctrica (Former Employee), Villavicencio, METFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: cancelación de la seguridad fue muy puntual
Cons: para mi caso particular no veo escollos que tengan que mencionarse
Valoración General Excelente, Equilibrio Vida Privada/Laboral Excelente, Salario/Beneficios contractuales Excelente, Excelente
Cultura Laboral Excelente
EVALUACION
AUXILIAR ADMINISTRATIVO (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNJanuary 27, 2014
SNC LAVALIN es una gran empresa para trabajar y ayuda a las personas a adquirir experiencia y formar carácter en la vida labral
Minha avaliação é baseada na experiência que tive com a SNC-Lavalin.
Engenheiro de Planejamento (Former Employee), Aracaju, SEJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: empresa correta, com bons benefícios e que nunca atrasa.
Cons: tive pouco contato com a estrutura interna da empresa, e não observei oportunidades de ir para outros projetos.
Nunca atrasou nenhum pagamento, por qualquer motivo que seja. Cumpre com todos encargos. Sempre que precisei de documentações extras foram bem presentes no atendimento.
Como trabalhava diretamente como terceirizado da Petrobras, mal tinha contato com a gerência da SNC-Lavalin, apenas contactava a pré-posta localizada na cidade.
Ótima empresa para se trabalhar.
Engenheiro de Segurança Supervisor (Former Employee), Belo Horizonte, MGNovember 4, 2013
Pros: otimo ambiente de trabalho.
Cons: falta de conexão com a direção.
Ótimo ambiente de trabalho onde há respeito e bom relacionamento com os colegas.
Alto nível técnico profissional.
Apesar do ponto existe alguma flexibilidade de horário.
Liberdade para trabalhar sem cobrança excessiva.
A direção deixa a desejar principalmente pela falta de comunicação corporativa.

About SNC-Lavalin

Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the – Read more