SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
RM - Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Geomatics Engineering (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Great peiple to work with
General Dynamics was a company that taught me the discipline required to work with very high standards of processes and procedures in the defense business.
Not a good workplace
Geotechnical (E.I.T) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Poor management, poor Salary/Benefits and poor Work/Life Balance
colleagues, benefits, challenges, family
Business Intelligence analyst (Current Employee), Montreal (canada)July 25, 2013
Pros: working environment and spirit of work
Cons: it's in montreal
Actually working at SNC is great:

- colleagues are amazing

- benefits are great

- the job is most of the time very interesting

- I had the opportunity to have great challenges

The IT department is like a family and working is such conditions is great.
Great team to work with
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 26, 2015
Excellent work environment with super friendly people. Got opportunity to set up the finance team and lead from the front.
Easy going environment
Building Technician II (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Working at this company is a little frustrating at times with basic benefits and low wages. seems unorganized at times
Good people
easy going
lots of paper work
Positive Work Environment with ability to grow.
Executive Assistant to EVP Construction, Power (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: positive "always learning" enviornment
Cons: long commute
A typical work day consists of multiple routine tasks early in the morning and curving into afternoon training sessions and learning opportunities.
I have learned to be functional and dynamic in any role given to me in a days activities.
Working with Management and being part of a Management role has helped with maintaining an open concept functionality within the work environment.
The hardest part of the job is limiting my responsibilities, because I like to learn and support others in their endeavors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being busy within my work day.
Big Kitchen
Kitchen General Help (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 30, 2015
It was a big kitchen that had a 4 selections of food: Fast food, 2 lines of Home made food, and Healthy food. This kitchen was in an Oil camp in Alberta that had over 3,000 clients that come everyday. I have developed the ability to adapt in fast paced work enviorment and also cooperating with my coworkers. Managment was tough with work habits yet the hardest part was to maintain at busy times when we lack on coworker since it was a big kitchen. Other than that I have enjoyed the experience and excitement which has developed my skills to be efficient.
Fun work to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Busy every day to work with the project team.
Management is great and work as a team.
To gain more experience in the engineering industry.
Productive environment, with good balance between private life and career
3D Layout Designer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
I'm proud to part of SNC-Lavalin team, and I'm really happy with the challenges the job brings every day. The sources and dedication of the company to supporting the employees to do top level engineering and delivering the best results to the client are really impressive.
Interesting and Rewarding
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABApril 10, 2015
Working in the transmission and distribution industry was interesting and rewarding.
Building healthy supportive relationships with the work crews and my construction management team were challenging and rewarding.
Working as part of an Heath and Safety Team to implement and monitor the Health and Safety Management System was a great experience.
A healthy and productive work environment.
Project Manager II (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility to work remotely
Cons: too much emphasis was put on the reporting and not on the quality and the delivery of the projects
Projects are typically of moderate to high complexity, risk and exposure.

My co-workers across the country deliver superior service to our client. My co-workers are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.

The hardest part of the job was the time spent on the mitigation and management of project risks.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
This company is a good place to build your skills and gain experience as a junior.
Lead Project Planner (Current Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: salary / benefits
Good place to work, global company
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: project based company, no projects no work
A good company to work for, a global organization with a compensation package.
Environmental Division - overall positive impression
Project Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2012
Pros: get to bank overtime
Cons: poor work-life balance
The hours are long, and as a mid-level specialist or management you only get paid what you bill for, or the basic 40hrs even if you have to do 55hrs /week. However, that's normal in the industry.
The people are good and there's a positive vibe in the office but the long hours and long weekend work do make it difficult to acheive that work life balance. The quality of the work produced is definitely above average and I would hire them as a client, but it's not the very best in the industry.

April 24, 2013

if you work 55 hrs then get paid 55 hrs including overtime. saying things like However, that's normal in the industry. is why these employers get away with it. If I start a company I would love to hire you, 15 free hrs sounds good as an employer. especially when those hrs should be at time and a half

good
Senior Piping Designer / Piping Checker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2015
Pros: good
Cons: bad
Successful projects, nice talents, good management, benefit OK, capability. goog, good. Global and local mining engineering, OIL and Gas.
Not a bad place to work
Administrative associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: understandable when it comes to needing time off to deal with your family
Cons: if you are not a favorite - you will be at the bottom of the list.
Management is awful... some of the managers don't know how to separate their home and work life.
Outstanding inviroment...
Cook 2 (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free everything.. gym, food, drinks, 3 meals a day
Cons: everyone fights politics over your job and no real work gets done.
i would do this job over and over if it wasnt so hard to get involved with the union. These guys make it so hard for you to get work...
A place to work
Electrical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: management
Many talented people work for this company, unfortunately the organizational structure is lacking. There is a glaring disconnect between management and the work force.

The majority of co-workers are capable professionals and loyal individuals.

The hardest part of the job is to find continuity and leadership from management.

The most enjoyable part is the interaction and support among co-workers.
Flexible, and profesional
Regional Sr. Health & Safety Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
Flexible, and profesional, Overall satisfied, but poor business development. Great co-workers, good schedules. Diverse environment.
most enjoyable part of the job
Piping Specialist, Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
I worked as a coordinator or piping sdeputy leader and I had close interation with Process,, Automation, Mechanical, Stress and Piping Designers and I had to keep the information flowing among the disciplines, in order to comply with the job schedule and client requirements