SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

If you want to work in a Mad Men environment this is the place for you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 October 2015
The directors I would work for were men with little view of women.

I got little respect and we are basically considered like our opinion doesnt matter.

You can see a net difference between the directors and the employees who do not have a big title.

I decided to leave because the company was beginning to be unstable and most of us felt like we were working in a prison.

Best decision! I am now working at a company that allows growth and the managers respect the opinions of everyone whether it be an Admin assistant or a Manager.

Also the salary is not something that you can live off.
Pros
Good retirement plan
Cons
No respect from Directors
Productive and friendly employees.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2016
The company helps me elevate my position from project coordinator to field engineer. Give more opportunity to learn new ideas, concepts and construction techniques.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours
Tenant Services
Tenant Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
A typical work day for me would be manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
In my past roles, I have improved my communication and problem-solving skills.
I have some management skills, and ensure coordinating groups o people to accomplish the same goals.
I have an outgoing and friendly personality and enjoy working with a variety of different co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when there is unresolved conflict that managemenDt did not manage quickly.
Pros
Flexiblilty
Cons
Doesn't always stand up for employees against difficult clients.
Environmental Division - overall positive impression
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2012
The hours are long, and as a mid-level specialist or management you only get paid what you bill for, or the basic 40hrs even if you have to do 55hrs /week. However, that's normal in the industry.
The people are good and there's a positive vibe in the office but the long hours and long weekend work do make it difficult to acheive that work life balance. The quality of the work produced is definitely above average and I would hire them as a client, but it's not the very best in the industry.
Pros
get to bank overtime
Cons
poor work-life balance
Career Development
Facility Manager Heading a team (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 July 2013
Working with SNC Lavalin has given me the opportunity to find a career in a field I knew little about. I have a passionate regard for Property & Facility Management, it allows me to develop a wide variety of skills and has immense opportunity for growth.

The experiences from this career are invaluable to me as a person and a member of any team. I bring a wide range of skills and I am willing to share the information with any prospective employer or team member.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Very small field of work movement opportunities
A Canadian Company facing challenges as it tries to establish itself globally
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
I enjoyed the early years of employment. As the company became embroiled in legal battles they excessively tightened/ended employee programs and perks.
Great place to work with a flexible, reliable and experienced team
Civil specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 September 2015
Excellent work place with good supportive management. The company give the opportunity to balance work and life by allowing working flexible hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The pleasant multicultural environment help a lot to grow professionally as well as personally. Each project require his own specific team. Variety of projects and tasks ranging from the monotonous to developing new ideas or strategies were challenging and exciting.
Pros
an environment where employees are comfortable sharing concerns and successes
Great work environment
Coordonnatrice de voyage senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2015
SNC Lavalin is a very professional organization that offers a great work environment and employee benefits. Personal growth is top of mind when working for SNC Lavalin,
Great projects, good functional management and project management
Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2015
SNC has delivered some fantastic projects.

Regional Project Directorship and Functional Management is knowledgeable, experienced and makes things happen.
Pros
Good technical skill set.
Cons
Job security
flexibility in current role; lack of advancement opportunity in unit
Regional Administrator - Atlantic (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 May 2013
Highly administrative role with daily routine tasks. Looking for career vs job. Small office of 3 where I work independently most days (management away). Manager supportive and understandable of work demands during peak periods, and opportunity for more flexibility when demands are low. Enjoy office and co-workers but not in line of business I wish to continue to pursue.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of self / career development
Loved to work there
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC30 July 2015
As the big company SNC-Lavalin is, the possibilities of not stop learning and growing professionally were enormous.
The job environment was the best, everybody was open to teach you something new to help you to grow what made enjoyable go to work every day.
I had not only an excellent boss, but also an excellent mentor.
This job let me to apply the management skills from my master and also let me continue learning and improving them with courses at their Project Management school.
The hardest part of my job was to leave because of lack of projects.
Pros
Professional grow and mentoring
Cons
Lay off due to lack of projects
Projects were exciting
AutoCAD Drafting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 March 2016
I've worked on just about every major aluminum smelter that was built in Quebec. I got to work with some of the engineering managers I've ever met. Learned some professional skills that only come with being and working with them - ethics, drive, commitment to excellence, doing a job beyond the norm. Great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Once the jobs done...you have to go on.
Friendly Enviorment
SR. Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
Very friendly, supportive staff, as well as healthy environments, Love to go work and learn new things everyday. Good personal benefits. Financial as well as carrere gro company.
Pros
Totally Professional
Cons
free hours
Too much over time hours unpaid as well
Senior Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2014
Great team with great co-workers and personality with excellent above and beyond skills and qualities which are left unappreciated by the management and are subject to constant critiques.
Unpaid overtime every second Saturday from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. and almost all weekends as there are changes to the server environment to be made constantly. Poorly managed IT department.
Benefits
Cons
Unpaid overtime - not compensated
Decent place to work
Planner - Oil and Gas Division (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2015
Overall it is enjoyable working on a project. If you are skilled and a team player you will do well and the company will treat you well. Be warned that if you let them take over your work life balance, they will, but if you are firm with them that you have a life outside work, they will respect that.

However, there are too many layers of senior management; no one knows what they all do.
Busy and energetic company to work for
Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontaro16 August 2012
Excellent company, very busy and progressive
Varied cultures and people helped me to be more understanding and have good listening skills.
Excellent co-workers, fun, easy to get along with, they make coming to work fun
Trying to meet eveyone's needs in a timely fashion.
We work 30 minutes extra each day in order to have every 3rd Friday off, this allow a great work life balance.
Pros
stable company
Restructuring and Changing Direction of T&D Division
Senior Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2015
Being a Team Lead to provide guidance and training the Expediting team on processes and responsibilities.
Generate, analyze and update material availability status on the Expediting Report
Follow-up on materials availability with BC Hydro Materials Management Business Unit (MMBU)
Manage releasing and shipping materials with suppliers and MMBU
Coordinate with engineers and suppliers on material testing before releasing and shipping materials to construction site
Follow- up with suppliers on shipping schedule to meet material arrival dates
Investigate missing and/or damaged materials and arrange re-shipment
Receiving materials in BC Hydro PassPort System and PM+ System
Coordinate material returns from construction contractors and suppliers

Pressure to ship materials to site asap.
Being able to meet timelines of material delivery.
Competitive Company
Member of document control team (Former Employee) –  Calgary21 August 2013
Competitive Company, good benefits, sound procedures, job security through continuous acquisition of new projects.
Pleasure to work with Team Members.
Project Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Worked in Various Industries i.e. Hydro and Thermal Power Plants, Petro Chemicals, Oil and Gas Facilities, including Pipelines for Oil and Gas, Mining.
very large network and many platforms
Network / Citrix Analyst level 2-3 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 January 2016
great colleagues and very knowledgeable staff
many platforms and good benefits
over 40000 employees