SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Productive environment, with good balance between private life and career
3D Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
I'm proud to part of SNC-Lavalin team, and I'm really happy with the challenges the job brings every day. The sources and dedication of the company to supporting the employees to do top level engineering and delivering the best results to the client are really impressive.
Flexible, and profesional
Regional Sr. Health & Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
Flexible, and profesional, Overall satisfied, but poor business development. Great co-workers, good schedules. Diverse environment.
good
Senior Piping Designer / Piping Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 22, 2015
Successful projects, nice talents, good management, benefit OK, capability. goog, good. Global and local mining engineering, OIL and Gas.
good
bad
Great company to work for
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 21, 2015
Great benefits
There's a big room for career growth
Management is always on point
A great working environment
HR staffs are always helpful when you need help
Excellent job culture and work life balance
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a
most enjoyable part of the job
Piping Specialist, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
I worked as a coordinator or piping sdeputy leader and I had close interation with Process,, Automation, Mechanical, Stress and Piping Designers and I had to keep the information flowing among the disciplines, in order to comply with the job schedule and client requirements
Big Kitchen
Kitchen General Help (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 30, 2015
It was a big kitchen that had a 4 selections of food: Fast food, 2 lines of Home made food, and Healthy food. This kitchen was in an Oil camp in Alberta that had over 3,000 clients that come everyday. I have developed the ability to adapt in fast paced work enviorment and also cooperating with my coworkers. Managment was tough with work habits yet the hardest part was to maintain at busy times when we lack on coworker since it was a big kitchen. Other than that I have enjoyed the experience and excitement which has developed my skills to be efficient.
Good company to work for. I will work for them again!
SENIOR CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Fast paced working enviroment. I improved my soft and technical skills. Supportive Management. Team oriented environment. Hardest part is the long hours as with every EPCM company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The company need more up to date procurement systems.
Tight Knit community, fun when we have work..boring when we don't
Engineer in Training (EIT) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Great environment when there is work. Strong EIT committee and friendship. Could do better in development/ training for younger generation
Interesting and Rewarding
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABApril 10, 2015
Working in the transmission and distribution industry was interesting and rewarding.
Building healthy supportive relationships with the work crews and my construction management team were challenging and rewarding.
Working as part of an Heath and Safety Team to implement and monitor the Health and Safety Management System was a great experience.
Overall it is good, but working environment is not good.
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
It is nice place to work. There is a lot of over-head cost in SNC, which need to reduce. From learning prospective, it is not a good place. There is no training budget and nothing for social events.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Management is not effective and effeciant.
Outstanding inviroment...
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 29, 2015
i would do this job over and over if it wasnt so hard to get involved with the union. These guys make it so hard for you to get work...
Pros
Free everything.. gym, food, drinks, 3 meals a day
Cons
everyone fights politics over your job and no real work gets done.
ITs my part of my trade and skills
Carpenter 3 (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 10, 2015
I learned lot of experience on the oilfield particularly the safety of worker and my co-worker and my supervisors are good to me. The hardest part of my job is the cold weather when on win
Allows employees to excel in their field
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 3, 2015
Great variety of projects, encourage employees to increase their knowledge and pursue new challenges. Respectful of employees ability to work independently.
love to work hard
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 26, 2015
I am a young hard working man who enjoys living in and working in vancouver. would be great to start working full time for a great company with a positive hard working crew
Pros
short breaks
Cons
steady hours
Polytics drowning all productive skills
Project Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Unless you brown nose, there is no need for things such as excellence.
see my cl and resume. Merry chrismass and a happy new year!
Cons
politics
Positive Work Environment with ability to grow.
Executive Assistant to EVP Construction, Power (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
A typical work day consists of multiple routine tasks early in the morning and curving into afternoon training sessions and learning opportunities.
I have learned to be functional and dynamic in any role given to me in a days activities.
Working with Management and being part of a Management role has helped with maintaining an open concept functionality within the work environment.
The hardest part of the job is limiting my responsibilities, because I like to learn and support others in their endeavors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being busy within my work day.
Pros
positive "always learning" enviornment
Cons
long commute
GOOD WORKING ENVIRONMENT
ELECTRICAL EIT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Good working environment and nice people to work with. No growth opportunities and no job security. Relaxing place to work with vwry knowledgable people.
EPC company
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Energy Industries Engineering & Design (EIED) was established in 1996 by the engineering division of the Oil Industries’ Engineering & Construction (OIEC) Group- itself the main leader in Iran’s engineering and construction.
Thus, EIED carries a legacy of nearly two decades ofexperience in oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
EIED was founded to develop technical knowledge and applied sciences in the field of energy industries, mainly in oil, gas, petrochemicals and renewable energies, while moving towards a leading role in execution of EPC Projects of national significance in these industries.
EIED is a private company and a subsidiary of OIEC Group. Today,EIED is considered internationally as a highly qualified company in the engineering and design of energy industries,and is offering Engineering , Procurement ,and Construction Management Services to clients in accordance with the state of the art technologies and management systems.
Presently, EIED is an advanced quality and result-oriented company providing its services to both national and international clients.
EIED has completed many EP projects and is currently involved in several Engineering and EPCC projects all being indispensable to national industrial
development. EIED’s highly qualified and dedicated staff are driven by creativity, motivation and ambition to move forward their country’s energy industries in order to meet the twenty-first century technological challenges.
co-workers were great and contractor was very knowledgeable.
Ground Works Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2015
In a typical day we would work 14-18 hours outside. I enjoyed this project very much as everyone I worked with were very involved in their trades.
A place to work
Electrical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Many talented people work for this company, unfortunately the organizational structure is lacking. There is a glaring disconnect between management and the work force.

The majority of co-workers are capable professionals and loyal individuals.

The hardest part of the job is to find continuity and leadership from management.

The most enjoyable part is the interaction and support among co-workers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management