SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a bad place to work
Administrative associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Management is awful... some of the managers don't know how to separate their home and work life.
Pros
understandable when it comes to needing time off to deal with your family
Cons
if you are not a favorite - you will be at the bottom of the list.
flexibility in current role; lack of advancement opportunity in unit
Regional Administrator - Atlantic (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 21, 2013
Highly administrative role with daily routine tasks. Looking for career vs job. Small office of 3 where I work independently most days (management away). Manager supportive and understandable of work demands during peak periods, and opportunity for more flexibility when demands are low. Enjoy office and co-workers but not in line of business I wish to continue to pursue.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of self / career development
Interesting and Rewarding
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABApril 10, 2015
Working in the transmission and distribution industry was interesting and rewarding.
Building healthy supportive relationships with the work crews and my construction management team were challenging and rewarding.
Working as part of an Heath and Safety Team to implement and monitor the Health and Safety Management System was a great experience.
A good place to start your career
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2015
Being in an industrial environment was a great help to get quickly familiar with instrumentation and control engineering
Fun work to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Busy every day to work with the project team.
Management is great and work as a team.
To gain more experience in the engineering industry.
Building Technician II (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Great company to work for. If you are on a great team, you will be set for a great working atmosphere
Pros
corporate vacation time / great benefits
Cons
long advancements
the project team personnel were amazing to work with
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The Electrical group involved were fun to work with, very little stress, I looked forward to a days work with all involved
Not a good workplace
Geotechnical (E.I.T) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Poor management, poor Salary/Benefits and poor Work/Life Balance
RM - Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Geomatics Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2015
General Dynamics was a company that taught me the discipline required to work with very high standards of processes and procedures in the defense business.
Pros
Great peiple to work with
Great team to work with
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  calgaryAugust 26, 2015
Excellent work environment with super friendly people. Got opportunity to set up the finance team and lead from the front.
good
Senior Piping Designer / Piping Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 22, 2015
Successful projects, nice talents, good management, benefit OK, capability. goog, good. Global and local mining engineering, OIL and Gas.
good
bad
A place to work
Electrical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Many talented people work for this company, unfortunately the organizational structure is lacking. There is a glaring disconnect between management and the work force.

The majority of co-workers are capable professionals and loyal individuals.

The hardest part of the job is to find continuity and leadership from management.

The most enjoyable part is the interaction and support among co-workers.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management
Outstanding inviroment...
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 29, 2015
i would do this job over and over if it wasnt so hard to get involved with the union. These guys make it so hard for you to get work...
Pros
Free everything.. gym, food, drinks, 3 meals a day
Cons
everyone fights politics over your job and no real work gets done.
Friendly good environment to work
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 19, 2013
I am able to come to work happy, I know exactly what I will be doing for the day, we all work as a team.

I have learned a lot at SNC I feel it has made me Appreciate having a job and that even though sometimes it may be hectic, I know I can get it done.

The management is understanding and willing to help.
Our co-workers are fantastic they are always willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is being the way things constantly change and there is no room to feel comfortable that I will have a job once a project ends or even when you are placed on a project it may get bought out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the core hours 9-4 you are able to start at 7,8,9 as long as you work your 9 hours.
Pros
people are great
Cons
the job is unpredictable with stability
Big Kitchen
Kitchen General Help (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 30, 2015
It was a big kitchen that had a 4 selections of food: Fast food, 2 lines of Home made food, and Healthy food. This kitchen was in an Oil camp in Alberta that had over 3,000 clients that come everyday. I have developed the ability to adapt in fast paced work enviorment and also cooperating with my coworkers. Managment was tough with work habits yet the hardest part was to maintain at busy times when we lack on coworker since it was a big kitchen. Other than that I have enjoyed the experience and excitement which has developed my skills to be efficient.
Turmoil
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 29, 2012
Undergone poorly managed change, compounded with an understanding that advancement only possible if allied with right people.

Immediate managers have since been removed and I understand that the work environment, ethics and culture has improved significantly.
Good work environment and great co-workers
Mechanical Engineer in Training (EIT) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2013
A typical day involved reporting directly to the senior mechanical engineer to keep him updated on the progress of my project. I learned about the importance of communication in the workplace, especially when dealing with many different levels of management and co-workers. Being at SNC also taught me a lot about the mining industry and how things are supposed to be done, and the importance of procedure.

My co-workers were very good people, who gladly assisted when a problem arose and offered clarification on a minor issue. It is a very open workplace that helps you build confidence in yourself.

SNC offers plenty of training opportunities to better yourself as an employee and person, with in-house training as well as outside seminars.
Pros
lots of opportunity for growth, great co-workers and lots of team building activites
SNC Lavalan review.
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 1, 2012
Very dependable company and well established throughout the world. I enjoyed the many projects that I worked on and enjoyed working as a team with others.
I'm a little disappointed with the ongoing problems about kickbacks, however, I'm afraid that it is the norm in third world countries. However, if that did happen here, it is very serious! I will still like to get back with them but because of my age, I believe that they will not. Very disappointed with that, and of course, that can not be mentioned as North American companies are bound not to disclose that. Thanks
Pros
dependable
Cons
all benefits go to the higher ranked vp's and president's of different departments, lower employees receive absolutely no recognition, no bonus payouts other that than office of the president or slightly below
good company to work
Power System Engineer protection engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONAugust 30, 2014
Challenging Job
Good Work Environment
Good Management
Higher Job Security
Pros
good company
Productive environment, with good balance between private life and career
3D Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
I'm proud to part of SNC-Lavalin team, and I'm really happy with the challenges the job brings every day. The sources and dedication of the company to supporting the employees to do top level engineering and delivering the best results to the client are really impressive.