SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Unsecure Work Environment
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2015
While the company is dealing with its past Bribery issues, the company still has a long way to go with other issues and just one item is winning new work.
I love and enjoy to work at SNC Lavalin in a diverse environment where every body works in a team environment with dignity and respect.
SENIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2015
I enjoyed working at SNC Lavalin where all the employees respect each other. Work in a cohesive team environment, share knowledge thru internal workshops. Supervisors provide guidance and appreciate the hard work of their employees. All these factors contribute to the success of this company and satisfaction of the clients.
Very professional but fast pace
Smart Plant Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2015
Very professional. Fast pace. Too fast execussion of projects. No time to focus on details. Very helpful management and coworkers.
Pros
Helpful management and coworkers
Cons
Rusing projects
Differnet company
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2015
This company has many different areas and it seems that no two areas speak to each other. It has many interesting projects but other areas bring it down.
Pros
Various projects
Cons
Office politics are running wide.
Safety Advisor HSE
Safety Advisor HSE (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 November 2015
Manage site and operating construction equipment requirements.
Evaluating the security of conduct of project sites using safety using documentation and standardized processes.
Ensure that contractors comply with safety standards required under the legislation.
Conduct investigations on accidents and incidents according to the health and corporate security programs.
Maintaining a favorable working relationship with superintendents, project managers.
Recommend changes to improve safety programs.
it was a job
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 November 2015
maintain 14 buildings in a correctional facility setting, boiler readings, HVAC repairs and maintenance. maintained courthouse and other out buildings with old equipment, no upgrades done for decades.
Pros
job
Cons
working among inmates
Great learning experience
accounting a Financial Analysis Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
This company has provided a great opportunity for me to learn and grow as a business professional in a rapidly changing business environment.
Great work environment
Coordonnatrice de voyage senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2015
SNC Lavalin is a very professional organization that offers a great work environment and employee benefits. Personal growth is top of mind when working for SNC Lavalin,
Tenant Services
Tenant Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
A typical work day for me would be manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
In my past roles, I have improved my communication and problem-solving skills.
I have some management skills, and ensure coordinating groups o people to accomplish the same goals.
I have an outgoing and friendly personality and enjoy working with a variety of different co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when there is unresolved conflict that managemenDt did not manage quickly.
Pros
Flexiblilty
Cons
Doesn't always stand up for employees against difficult clients.
A very diverse and technology-based environment
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta2 November 2015
In the typical work day at SNC, it would be necessary to transmit documents between engineers/vendors/clients. It was a difficult task to get all parties to synchronize with approval systems and making sure the correct health and safety personnel were involved with the correct project/drawings; so once a drawing was finally fully approved and able to be archived it was a fulfilling moment. I find enjoyment in finishing tedious projects that require lots of detail-orientation. I am incredibly organized so that is always a definite benefit for me, because I am always trying to be as efficient as possible.

Pros
flexible hours, great benefits, coworkers were nice
Cons
no work position security
Productive work place
Project Procurement Manager - (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2015
7-10 hrs per day.
Learned professionalism and working with clients

Constant management change environment

Coworkers are competitive

Some are amazing

Most enjoyable part of the job, accomplishing the task, and seeing the job being constructed
Mechanical and Mining Layout Designer
Mining Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2015
Good company to work for. it is a epcm compay and specializes in many different fields including mining, infrastructure, manitainance and oil and gas
It helped me to build confidence.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2015
I had a chance to grow by changing and improving by interacting people with huge expertise in their own field. There is always professional help in case of need.
If you want to work in a Mad Men environment this is the place for you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 October 2015
The directors I would work for were men with little view of women.

I got little respect and we are basically considered like our opinion doesnt matter.

You can see a net difference between the directors and the employees who do not have a big title.

I decided to leave because the company was beginning to be unstable and most of us felt like we were working in a prison.

Best decision! I am now working at a company that allows growth and the managers respect the opinions of everyone whether it be an Admin assistant or a Manager.

Also the salary is not something that you can live off.
Pros
Good retirement plan
Cons
No respect from Directors
A good place to start your career
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2015
Being in an industrial environment was a great help to get quickly familiar with instrumentation and control engineering
Great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 September 2015
It's a great company with interesting projects and smart people. Any job involves a lot of challenges, therefore makes it interesting to work fort. Would highly reccoment this company to anyone.
Fair company to work for...
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 September 2015
The work load was heavy...I am use to this kind of work in a camp environment...I got along great with all staff and management...Often times we were under staffed typical in camps but the work got done by pulling together...I am so use to 10 work days I would find it strange to work anything less...
Pros
Make good wages
Cons
Being away from home
There was a lot of complex projects, giving myself the ability to work with them at the same time.
Planner, Estimator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 September 2015
Excellent environment to develop and grow a career, many employee advantages. Descent amount of a red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Career grow and develop
Cons
Frequently changes in head managment
Good company
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
Good company with a vast wealth of experience. Pleasure to work for. Learned something new each and every day I was at work.
It is an excellent International Organisation with diversified expertise
Piping Discipline Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin’s employees provide EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including mining and metallurgy, oil and gas, infrastructure and power. SNC-Lavalin can also combine these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capabilities to provide complete end-to-end project solutions.

SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
Pros
very commemorative and place to learn big time
Cons
Very large task force which present challenges and growth limitations