SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Proactive and friendly work place with a time table for work and fun
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2012
it starts by reviewing last day work or new task, having chat with senior engineers and designers to get an appropriate result in a very timly maner,
from each task get new experience to handle next task in a better way and lesser time
Attending to safety, project schedulling, company general meeting where the speaker are high level or mid level managers or project meeting with department or project manager
Finding sloution for raised problems or prediting problems by looking in to design and calculation with coordinating by others
finishing a task in proper way and on time and it observed by seniors, managers or co workers
Pros
any thing which can make a good memory of a day
Cons
no finishing a task on the day required or having trouble without help
Good company with good salary and benefits package.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
I basically handled A/P for the last 16 years at SNC.Lavalin.
For the recent five years I processed utility bills for all the Bank of Montreal branches across the country. I found SNC.Lavalin as a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.
Loved to work there
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC30 July 2015
As the big company SNC-Lavalin is, the possibilities of not stop learning and growing professionally were enormous.
The job environment was the best, everybody was open to teach you something new to help you to grow what made enjoyable go to work every day.
I had not only an excellent boss, but also an excellent mentor.
This job let me to apply the management skills from my master and also let me continue learning and improving them with courses at their Project Management school.
The hardest part of my job was to leave because of lack of projects.
Pros
Professional grow and mentoring
Cons
Lay off due to lack of projects
Great company to work for- excellent staff and good benefits.
Manager-Oracle Financial Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario26 May 2014
Excellent company with high volume projects and excellent staff both in Finance and Project Management. An equal opportunity employer with multi cultural staff and diversified clients.
I enjoyed my work and the people to who I directly reported as well as the staff that I managed. My workload was heavy but my dedication to providing excellent work and quality service to both internal and external clients was recognized by top Management and I was compensated accordingly.
Pros
Flexible work hours and earned day off program which gave a long week-end every month, .
Cons
Long hours and heavy workload.
Differnet company
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2015
This company has many different areas and it seems that no two areas speak to each other. It has many interesting projects but other areas bring it down.
Pros
Various projects
Cons
Office politics are running wide.
It is a great place for culture, work, career development
Mechanical EIT (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 May 2012
As a former employee I want to say SNC Lavalin Inc. is one of the famous EPCM company in the world regarding engineering services. During my employment I learned lots of things from my supervisor, co-workers which help me to build up my career. All of the employees are helpful to work, friendly and cooperative. Really it was my best time of life in SNC Lavalin. The management is very organized. The hardest part of the job depends on the project schedule, closing date but most of the time all employees takes the individual responsibilities seriously. In this point of view all of the working time most enjoyable part.
Productive, helpful co-workers
Junior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
I loved working at SNC Lavalin.
Fast paced
Deadline driven workplace.
Cooperative and helpful co-workers.
Very professional
Enjoyable work place
Good safety work culture
Pros
good wage
Cons
office politics
Great place to work.
Mechanical Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2016
Really enjoyed working there, would love to go back.
And all, are team players. Fast and exciting. Loved what I was designing , with the mining and metal team.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
None.
Environmental Division - overall positive impression
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2012
The hours are long, and as a mid-level specialist or management you only get paid what you bill for, or the basic 40hrs even if you have to do 55hrs /week. However, that's normal in the industry.
The people are good and there's a positive vibe in the office but the long hours and long weekend work do make it difficult to acheive that work life balance. The quality of the work produced is definitely above average and I would hire them as a client, but it's not the very best in the industry.
Pros
get to bank overtime
Cons
poor work-life balance
not bad
Automation Engineer, SNC-Lavalin , Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
The top 10the compnay in Iran with over 33 subsideries and I like the working environment and is really good cltureand good company
no comments
Analyste centre de services/Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 March 2016
i receive about 100 calls per day and more than 500 emails and about 80 tickets from other department very friendly coworkers,always very busy ,
great place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  montreal8 March 2016
nice place to work, greatest job I ever had. it's a corporation that really takes care of its employees
I dont have much more to say, if you have any questions please contact me directly
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
none!
Career Development
Facility Manager Heading a team (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 July 2013
Working with SNC Lavalin has given me the opportunity to find a career in a field I knew little about. I have a passionate regard for Property & Facility Management, it allows me to develop a wide variety of skills and has immense opportunity for growth.

The experiences from this career are invaluable to me as a person and a member of any team. I bring a wide range of skills and I am willing to share the information with any prospective employer or team member.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Very small field of work movement opportunities
Project Planner / Coordinator and cost controller (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC21 July 2015
Bilingual civil engineer possessing with several years of experience in leading and managing major projects. With diversified experience in the following areas:

• Project Execution and Delivery
• Productivity & Quality Improvements
• Claims Management
• Health and Safety
• Client Management

Ability to lead and motivate diverse teams of professionals in achieving objectives. Developing positive relationships and improving team performance by empowering and motivating team members. Masters the following disciplines:

• Civil, Structure, Architecture
• Oil & Gas
• Biotechnology
Restructuring and Changing Direction of T&D Division
Senior Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2015
Being a Team Lead to provide guidance and training the Expediting team on processes and responsibilities.
Generate, analyze and update material availability status on the Expediting Report
Follow-up on materials availability with BC Hydro Materials Management Business Unit (MMBU)
Manage releasing and shipping materials with suppliers and MMBU
Coordinate with engineers and suppliers on material testing before releasing and shipping materials to construction site
Follow- up with suppliers on shipping schedule to meet material arrival dates
Investigate missing and/or damaged materials and arrange re-shipment
Receiving materials in BC Hydro PassPort System and PM+ System
Coordinate material returns from construction contractors and suppliers

Pressure to ship materials to site asap.
Being able to meet timelines of material delivery.
Decent place to work
Planner - Oil and Gas Division (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2015
Overall it is enjoyable working on a project. If you are skilled and a team player you will do well and the company will treat you well. Be warned that if you let them take over your work life balance, they will, but if you are firm with them that you have a life outside work, they will respect that.

However, there are too many layers of senior management; no one knows what they all do.
Productive and busy work place with great staff to work with and learn from.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 August 2015
Very busy and work orientated environment. I developed great interpersonal skills and organizational skills. Working on multilple projects I learned to manage my time will and prioritize the tasks assigned to me on a daily basis. I got to work with a lot of highly professional people who were very knowledgable and always helpful. Attending company meetings and learning about the corporate culture was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very professional but fast pace
Smart Plant Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2015
Very professional. Fast pace. Too fast execussion of projects. No time to focus on details. Very helpful management and coworkers.
Pros
Helpful management and coworkers
Cons
Rusing projects
Dynamic project, very challenging but satisfying to achieve a project from ground breaking developing process and procedure to start up and handover.
Expediting and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 July 2015
34 years Expediting major project throughout the world, EPC project are challenging but pleasurable to be part of team which consist of various culture and people with different work belief and bringing this together as one team to deliver projects in the Oil and Gas, mining, Power plants and Aluminium Smelter Sectors.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Being away from family.
flexibility in current role; lack of advancement opportunity in unit
Regional Administrator - Atlantic (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 May 2013
Highly administrative role with daily routine tasks. Looking for career vs job. Small office of 3 where I work independently most days (management away). Manager supportive and understandable of work demands during peak periods, and opportunity for more flexibility when demands are low. Enjoy office and co-workers but not in line of business I wish to continue to pursue.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of self / career development