SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Good people in a productive and professional environment.
Western RegionProject Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Hired on a contractual basis that was to evolve into a permanent position before the project was cancelled by the client for reasons unrelated to performance by the company or team. Great job and coworkers.
Challenging and interesting projects
Intermediate Plant Layout and Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Very good place to work at. The company provides flexible work schedule and good incentive. Very interesting and challenging work environment and supportive leads.
no comment
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
I would rather not comment. I dont feel I can say anything that is not known about this company especially from those who have worked there
Good experience and reputable projects
Document Control Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
I enjoyed my work experience at SNC Lavalin Edmonton office. I worked on numerous reputable projects and with several professional and experienced teams in all disciplines.
Pros
Worldwide company
Cons
Edmonton Office reduced staff
Good benefits and Great Co-workers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 August 2016
I really enjoyed getting to know my colleagues at SNC-Lavalin. They became family after a short while and I knew I was lucky to work at SNC.

The office environment isn't the fanciest, but it's quite casual in the office and everyone is friendly.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Pay is just average
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 July 2016
Generally a quite place to work. Co-workers are great but don't mingle with each other too much. Company culture is good.
A good place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
Good place to work and build a career but with no long term job security. Very friendly co-workers and management. Company provides basic benefits.
secure job
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB2 June 2016
routine included facility maintenance of 14 federal government buildings.
achieved my FMC accreditation while working onsite.
co-workers were a pleasure to work with, management was cordial.
job came with some risk considering the site.
management was open to changes to make our tasks easier and would make the clients happier as well.
Pros
monday to friday with minimal on call
cons
Good people, very bad management
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2016
IT at SNC-Lavalin was fun until around 2003. Prior to that, it felt like a second family and people worked there because they like their collegues, bosses and their job.

After that, multiple internal IT reorganisations seeded chaos, fear and uncertainty year after year after year. Job advancement were cancelled many times, fake promotion given to 'selected few' b*tt-kissers, etc. The mood was sour, people became sour too and we worked for the money and that's it. And we are not even talking about the company's leader who frauded their own employees here. We worked tirelessly for them though and the gratitude was non-existant. Not even a thank you.

The management was bad because IT was run by people that didnt understand IT or by people that had no background in it. Promotion to people that didnt even held a College Degree and asked to manage very highly skilled people that had BSc in Enginering or Computer Science was bound to fail. And it failed too.
Pros
Ambiance with collegues.
Cons
Bad management
Very friendly and nice to work
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
I enjoyed working in this company due to friendly environment and their stress on health and safety of employees. They care about employees concern and you can discuss issues with your manager and expect a change.
We were like family
Cleaning jobs, kitchen jobs (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 May 2016
I was with a big family we used to work as a team, we used to encourage each other, to advice each other, I learn more at SNC Lavalin , They always told as to work together as a family, to help each other. I was in the healthy environment. I still miss my team. There was nothing hard, I was enjoyed each and every minute.
Pros
free meals
Cons
SNC is a great place to utilize your talents to their potential.
Manager Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
SNC management has one of the best perspectives on property management HSE expectations and methodologies delivering added value of service to its clients.

Unlike some companies, SNC management walks the talk with senior management engaging employees with executives personally performing safety activities, and holding their top team accountable for safety performance.

SNC has a large HSE contingent and a well developed HSE program. Their RFQ claims about safety expectations highly align with what they do.

I am proud to have worked there.
Pros
Management engagement theme, "we care"
Cons
Client contracts can impact employment.
I liked very much the working ambiance in SNC-Lavalin.
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  world wide6 May 2016
As a construction manager, I learned how to manage the project construction, meet the health & safety target of "zero tolerance", work smoothly with my co-workers, perform constructibility analysis prior the full construction implementation, implement construction schedule, staff the project, deliver the project on time and with the budget.
A Canadian Company facing challenges as it tries to establish itself globally
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
I enjoyed the early years of employment. As the company became embroiled in legal battles they excessively tightened/ended employee programs and perks.
Pleasure to work with Team Members.
Project Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Worked in Various Industries i.e. Hydro and Thermal Power Plants, Petro Chemicals, Oil and Gas Facilities, including Pipelines for Oil and Gas, Mining.
Good benefits, great people
Project Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2016
There was amazing opportunity for advancement when I started, the people were great. Lots of events, whether company driven or individuals arranged them.
Good benefits and the company is big on working with your work/life balance.
Pros
Gym, people, events, benefits
Cons
No work
Great company to work for enjoyed working with all the staff.
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2016
I enjoyed the work I did at SNC, I did various jobs there so received a lot of experience. Due to the Oil industry changes I unfortunately was laid off but I would go back to work with them in an instant. I liked the people there and and the clients that they dealt with.
Employee oriented company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  CALGARY, ALBERTA11 April 2016
Good company to work with. Full support from higher management on decisions.

Frequent changes in higher management leading to more efforts rquired from project managers
My work with company was very short (6 months) due to a big loss of three big proposals, which created a low work load and a lot of lay-off.
Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2016
Good work environment, good atmosphere, good professional people. Unfortunately, to much time spent in extra-social activity and less for professional development activity. Each professional leader, engineer, manager have to avoid the sintagma:
"for this project we need to use technical solution used by company in the past three (...) projects"
Each project is unique and the technology and equipment evolve.
Pros
Good professional engineers (on the group leader level)
Cons
Weak management, with less experienced managers, which determine a lot of loss in proposal area, and an unsafe workplace, pending of workload
Good Working Environment
Layout Designer/Smart3D Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Learning experience was good. Learned about the mining industry from senior designers/engineers. Management was informative about the current situation of the project. My co-workers are the best team I worked with in the project
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.