SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

des défis à relever chaque jour
Contrôleur des couts (Former Employee) –  Tizi ouzou6 June 2016
c’était ma première expérience professionnel, travailler pour une firme comme SNC était une fierté pour moi, j'ai appris pas mal de chose, il y'avait une très bonne ambiance de travail, on travaillait en équipe.
secure job
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB2 June 2016
routine included facility maintenance of 14 federal government buildings.
achieved my FMC accreditation while working onsite.
co-workers were a pleasure to work with, management was cordial.
job came with some risk considering the site.
management was open to changes to make our tasks easier and would make the clients happier as well.
Pros
monday to friday with minimal on call
cons
Good people, very bad management
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2016
IT at SNC-Lavalin was fun until around 2003. Prior to that, it felt like a second family and people worked there because they like their collegues, bosses and their job.

After that, multiple internal IT reorganisations seeded chaos, fear and uncertainty year after year after year. Job advancement were cancelled many times, fake promotion given to 'selected few' b*tt-kissers, etc. The mood was sour, people became sour too and we worked for the money and that's it. And we are not even talking about the company's leader who frauded their own employees here. We worked tirelessly for them though and the gratitude was non-existant. Not even a thank you.

The management was bad because IT was run by people that didnt understand IT or by people that had no background in it. Promotion to people that didnt even held a College Degree and asked to manage very highly skilled people that had BSc in Enginering or Computer Science was bound to fail. And it failed too.
Pros
Ambiance with collegues.
Cons
Bad management
Environnement de travail agréable
Commis-administratif (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
Toujours des bonnes journées avec des imprévues. De l'entrée de données, de la facturation, du services à la clientèle, de l'envoi de courrier ou de messagers. Des déménagements internes, des appels fréquents pour réparation d'item.
Pros
Des bons avantages sociaux
Cons
Aucune pause
Very friendly and nice to work
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
I enjoyed working in this company due to friendly environment and their stress on health and safety of employees. They care about employees concern and you can discuss issues with your manager and expect a change.
We were like family
Cleaning jobs, kitchen jobs (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 May 2016
I was with a big family we used to work as a team, we used to encourage each other, to advice each other, I learn more at SNC Lavalin , They always told as to work together as a family, to help each other. I was in the healthy environment. I still miss my team. There was nothing hard, I was enjoyed each and every minute.
Pros
free meals
Cons
SNC is a great place to utilize your talents to their potential.
Manager Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
SNC management has one of the best perspectives on property management HSE expectations and methodologies delivering added value of service to its clients.

Unlike some companies, SNC management walks the talk with senior management engaging employees with executives personally performing safety activities, and holding their top team accountable for safety performance.

SNC has a large HSE contingent and a well developed HSE program. Their RFQ claims about safety expectations highly align with what they do.

I am proud to have worked there.
Pros
Management engagement theme, "we care"
Cons
Client contracts can impact employment.
I liked very much the working ambiance in SNC-Lavalin.
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  world wide6 May 2016
As a construction manager, I learned how to manage the project construction, meet the health & safety target of "zero tolerance", work smoothly with my co-workers, perform constructibility analysis prior the full construction implementation, implement construction schedule, staff the project, deliver the project on time and with the budget.
Une belle entreprise québécoise
Approvisionnement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2016
Une très grande entreprise qui reste humaine avec de très bons avantages. De bonnes possibilités d'évolution.
Malheureusement quand le marché ne va plus, il n'y a plus de travail...
A Canadian Company facing challenges as it tries to establish itself globally
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
I enjoyed the early years of employment. As the company became embroiled in legal battles they excessively tightened/ended employee programs and perks.
Sécurité de l'emploi, projets importants
Technicien en mécanique du Bâtiment (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 April 2016
Technicien en mécanique du bâtiment. Responsable essentiellement de la partie plomberie, tuyauterie des projets.
Pros
projets de qualité, assurance emploi, Reer
Cons
manque de communication, entreprise qui ne prend pas en compte les besoins de ses salariés
entretien preventif
transféré à Radio-Canada pour l'entretien (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2016
entretien préventif et répondre au demande des clients,
réparer porte de garage et tout les système du batiment.
Pros
avantage sociaux
Cons
paye stationnement
Pleasure to work with Team Members.
Project Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Worked in Various Industries i.e. Hydro and Thermal Power Plants, Petro Chemicals, Oil and Gas Facilities, including Pipelines for Oil and Gas, Mining.
Travail
Électricien en contrôle (Former Employee) –  Montréal27 April 2016
Peu de chose à dire sinon que bien ordinaire... J'avais l'impression de servir seulement les intérêt de SNC et mon contremaître de l'époque
Pros
Travail
Cons
Écoute
Good benefits, great people
Project Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2016
There was amazing opportunity for advancement when I started, the people were great. Lots of events, whether company driven or individuals arranged them.
Good benefits and the company is big on working with your work/life balance.
Pros
Gym, people, events, benefits
Cons
No work
Great company to work for enjoyed working with all the staff.
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2016
I enjoyed the work I did at SNC, I did various jobs there so received a lot of experience. Due to the Oil industry changes I unfortunately was laid off but I would go back to work with them in an instant. I liked the people there and and the clients that they dealt with.
Employee oriented company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  CALGARY, ALBERTA11 April 2016
Good company to work with. Full support from higher management on decisions.

Frequent changes in higher management leading to more efforts rquired from project managers
My work with company was very short (6 months) due to a big loss of three big proposals, which created a low work load and a lot of lay-off.
Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2016
Good work environment, good atmosphere, good professional people. Unfortunately, to much time spent in extra-social activity and less for professional development activity. Each professional leader, engineer, manager have to avoid the sintagma:
"for this project we need to use technical solution used by company in the past three (...) projects"
Each project is unique and the technology and equipment evolve.
Pros
Good professional engineers (on the group leader level)
Cons
Weak management, with less experienced managers, which determine a lot of loss in proposal area, and an unsafe workplace, pending of workload
Dépend de la conjoncture économique
Dessinateur concepteur 3D et vérificateur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 March 2016
Projets intéressants et polyvalents, possibilité de travail de conception et de chantier
Pros
flexible
Cons
emploi permanent temporaire
Environnement de travail très agréable
Contrôleur Qualité - vérification de la qualité (Former Employee) –  Quebec, QC24 March 2016
Tres bon encadrement des employés . Environnement de travail très agréable , bonne esprit d'équipe , bonne collaboration .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.