SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Differnet company
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2015
This company has many different areas and it seems that no two areas speak to each other. It has many interesting projects but other areas bring it down.
Pros
Various projects
Cons
Office politics are running wide.
Very professional but fast pace
Smart Plant Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Very professional. Fast pace. Too fast execussion of projects. No time to focus on details. Very helpful management and coworkers.
Pros
Helpful management and coworkers
Cons
Rusing projects
A full EPC firm with opportunities to learn and grow
Senior Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Reviewing of estimates, budget and schedule information

Updating of forecasts and cost flow reports

Conduct daily reviews of purchase orders invoices

Update cost and performance information in cost and accounting systems

Co-workers are very co-operative
Interesting Projects
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2014
The company gives you the opportunity to work on interesting projects. The senior engineers are experienced and you can learn a lot from them. Unfortunately, the management is disorganized and has no vision. I would recommend it to a person that wants to gain some experience and than move on.
Pros
interesting projects
Cons
lack of job security, average pay and benefits
Fair company to work for...
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 23, 2015
The work load was heavy...I am use to this kind of work in a camp environment...I got along great with all staff and management...Often times we were under staffed typical in camps but the work got done by pulling together...I am so use to 10 work days I would find it strange to work anything less...
Pros
Make good wages
Cons
Being away from home
Productive and busy work place with great staff to work with and learn from.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 5, 2015
Very busy and work orientated environment. I developed great interpersonal skills and organizational skills. Working on multilple projects I learned to manage my time will and prioritize the tasks assigned to me on a daily basis. I got to work with a lot of highly professional people who were very knowledgable and always helpful. Attending company meetings and learning about the corporate culture was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great expirience
Vehicle detailer (Former Employee) –  KandahārFebruary 18, 2016
Lots of fun working in KAF with them beside the Canadian Military. Pay was good but the expirience alone was worth it. Got a GSM out of it as well so that was pretty cool.
I love and enjoy to work at SNC Lavalin in a diverse environment where every body works in a team environment with dignity and respect.
SENIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at SNC Lavalin where all the employees respect each other. Work in a cohesive team environment, share knowledge thru internal workshops. Supervisors provide guidance and appreciate the hard work of their employees. All these factors contribute to the success of this company and satisfaction of the clients.
Dynamic project, very challenging but satisfying to achieve a project from ground breaking developing process and procedure to start up and handover.
Expediting and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 29, 2015
34 years Expediting major project throughout the world, EPC project are challenging but pleasurable to be part of team which consist of various culture and people with different work belief and bringing this together as one team to deliver projects in the Oil and Gas, mining, Power plants and Aluminium Smelter Sectors.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Being away from family.
Proactive and friendly work place with a time table for work and fun
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2012
it starts by reviewing last day work or new task, having chat with senior engineers and designers to get an appropriate result in a very timly maner,
from each task get new experience to handle next task in a better way and lesser time
Attending to safety, project schedulling, company general meeting where the speaker are high level or mid level managers or project meeting with department or project manager
Finding sloution for raised problems or prediting problems by looking in to design and calculation with coordinating by others
finishing a task in proper way and on time and it observed by seniors, managers or co workers
Pros
any thing which can make a good memory of a day
Cons
no finishing a task on the day required or having trouble without help
Very structured
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Not a bad experience considering how massive the Evergreen project is. The on site leadership team was top notch, I would do it all over again for sure.
Long time employee
Piping Design Drafting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at SNC for a total of 4 + years. Was a great place to work and received many years of experience working on projects for multiple clients.

Workdays were fast pace and project driven.
Built 2 EGRT Stations
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BCFebruary 4, 2016
It was a good job managed by profession's. I had the pleasure to work with some of BC finest Carpenter's, Safety Officers and Labour's.
Environmental Division - overall positive impression
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2012
The hours are long, and as a mid-level specialist or management you only get paid what you bill for, or the basic 40hrs even if you have to do 55hrs /week. However, that's normal in the industry.
The people are good and there's a positive vibe in the office but the long hours and long weekend work do make it difficult to acheive that work life balance. The quality of the work produced is definitely above average and I would hire them as a client, but it's not the very best in the industry.
Pros
get to bank overtime
Cons
poor work-life balance
Very political
Document Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
This company is very political and has a lot of problems within its management team. No mentoring and a lot of bullying including the Human Resource Dept. No sense of team or striving to improve. Lots of overtime billed to clients and no work being accomplished
Pros
Cons
Bullying and no policies in place
Overall it is good, but working environment is not good.
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
It is nice place to work. There is a lot of over-head cost in SNC, which need to reduce. From learning prospective, it is not a good place. There is no training budget and nothing for social events.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Management is not effective and effeciant.
Too much over time hours unpaid as well
Senior Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2014
Great team with great co-workers and personality with excellent above and beyond skills and qualities which are left unappreciated by the management and are subject to constant critiques.
Unpaid overtime every second Saturday from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. and almost all weekends as there are changes to the server environment to be made constantly. Poorly managed IT department.
benefits
Cons
unpaid overtime - not compensated
flexibility in current role; lack of advancement opportunity in unit
Regional Administrator - Atlantic (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 21, 2013
Highly administrative role with daily routine tasks. Looking for career vs job. Small office of 3 where I work independently most days (management away). Manager supportive and understandable of work demands during peak periods, and opportunity for more flexibility when demands are low. Enjoy office and co-workers but not in line of business I wish to continue to pursue.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of self / career development
Positive Work Environment with ability to grow.
Executive Assistant to EVP Construction, Power (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
A typical work day consists of multiple routine tasks early in the morning and curving into afternoon training sessions and learning opportunities.
I have learned to be functional and dynamic in any role given to me in a days activities.
Working with Management and being part of a Management role has helped with maintaining an open concept functionality within the work environment.
The hardest part of the job is limiting my responsibilities, because I like to learn and support others in their endeavors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being busy within my work day.
Pros
positive "always learning" enviornment
Cons
long commute
Not a good workplace