SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive work place
Project Procurement Manager - (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2015
7-10 hrs per day.
Learned professionalism and working with clients

Constant management change environment

Coworkers are competitive

Some are amazing

Most enjoyable part of the job, accomplishing the task, and seeing the job being constructed
It helped me to build confidence.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
I had a chance to grow by changing and improving by interacting people with huge expertise in their own field. There is always professional help in case of need.
If you want to work in a Mad Men environment this is the place for you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2015
The directors I would work for were men with little view of women.

I got little respect and we are basically considered like our opinion doesnt matter.

You can see a net difference between the directors and the employees who do not have a big title.

I decided to leave because the company was beginning to be unstable and most of us felt like we were working in a prison.

Best decision! I am now working at a company that allows growth and the managers respect the opinions of everyone whether it be an Admin assistant or a Manager.

Also the salary is not something that you can live off.
Pros
Good retirement plan
Cons
No respect from Directors
A good place to start your career
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2015
Being in an industrial environment was a great help to get quickly familiar with instrumentation and control engineering
Great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 30, 2015
It's a great company with interesting projects and smart people. Any job involves a lot of challenges, therefore makes it interesting to work fort. Would highly reccoment this company to anyone.
Fair company to work for...
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 23, 2015
The work load was heavy...I am use to this kind of work in a camp environment...I got along great with all staff and management...Often times we were under staffed typical in camps but the work got done by pulling together...I am so use to 10 work days I would find it strange to work anything less...
Pros
Make good wages
Cons
Being away from home
Great place to work with a flexible, reliable and experienced team
Civil specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 8, 2015
Excellent work place with good supportive management. The company give the opportunity to balance work and life by allowing working flexible hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The pleasant multicultural environment help a lot to grow professionally as well as personally. Each project require his own specific team. Variety of projects and tasks ranging from the monotonous to developing new ideas or strategies were challenging and exciting.
Pros
an environment where employees are comfortable sharing concerns and successes
the project team personnel were amazing to work with
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The Electrical group involved were fun to work with, very little stress, I looked forward to a days work with all involved
Very political
Document Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
This company is very political and has a lot of problems within its management team. No mentoring and a lot of bullying including the Human Resource Dept. No sense of team or striving to improve. Lots of overtime billed to clients and no work being accomplished
Pros
Cons
Bullying and no policies in place
Great projects, good functional management and project management
Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2015
SNC has delivered some fantastic projects.

Regional Project Directorship and Functional Management is knowledgeable, experienced and makes things happen.
Pros
Good technical skill set.
Cons
Job security
Great team to work with
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  calgaryAugust 26, 2015
Excellent work environment with super friendly people. Got opportunity to set up the finance team and lead from the front.
For the most part, Sarnia was good, Brampton Site was staffed with qualified personnel, but run by Main Office General Super with limited knowledge a
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton OntAugust 23, 2015
Good Company with a variety of nationality personnel. Well Organized. Most of Office Staff was from the USA. General Superintendent hired his Nephew that had no construction experience to be his assisstant
RM - Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Geomatics Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2015
General Dynamics was a company that taught me the discipline required to work with very high standards of processes and procedures in the defense business.
Pros
Great peiple to work with
Productive and busy work place with great staff to work with and learn from.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 5, 2015
Very busy and work orientated environment. I developed great interpersonal skills and organizational skills. Working on multilple projects I learned to manage my time will and prioritize the tasks assigned to me on a daily basis. I got to work with a lot of highly professional people who were very knowledgable and always helpful. Attending company meetings and learning about the corporate culture was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Loved to work there
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCJuly 30, 2015
As the big company SNC-Lavalin is, the possibilities of not stop learning and growing professionally were enormous.
The job environment was the best, everybody was open to teach you something new to help you to grow what made enjoyable go to work every day.
I had not only an excellent boss, but also an excellent mentor.
This job let me to apply the management skills from my master and also let me continue learning and improving them with courses at their Project Management school.
The hardest part of my job was to leave because of lack of projects.
Pros
Professional grow and mentoring
Cons
Lay off due to lack of projects
Dynamic project, very challenging but satisfying to achieve a project from ground breaking developing process and procedure to start up and handover.
Expediting and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 29, 2015
34 years Expediting major project throughout the world, EPC project are challenging but pleasurable to be part of team which consist of various culture and people with different work belief and bringing this together as one team to deliver projects in the Oil and Gas, mining, Power plants and Aluminium Smelter Sectors.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Being away from family.
Fun work to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Busy every day to work with the project team.
Management is great and work as a team.
To gain more experience in the engineering industry.
Good - Team Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 9, 2015
Worked as Administrative Assistant. Created Memos and Letters. Worked on Maintaining the Inventory on Convero for all materials.
Productive environment, with good balance between private life and career
3D Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
I'm proud to part of SNC-Lavalin team, and I'm really happy with the challenges the job brings every day. The sources and dedication of the company to supporting the employees to do top level engineering and delivering the best results to the client are really impressive.
Flexible, and profesional
Regional Sr. Health & Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
Flexible, and profesional, Overall satisfied, but poor business development. Great co-workers, good schedules. Diverse environment.