SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
Excellent and very exciting place to work collaboratively with great management leading a great team. A high premium is placed on ethics for everyday business conduct. Management vision to become a tier-1 global engineering company well communicated through regular executive blogs. Great company!
Pros
High premium on ethics
Cons
Nil
I would overall rate company as 4 stars in 5 catagories, and a 3 rating in management
QA/QC Manager- Coordinator on New Hospital, Civil (Current Employee) –  Campbellton, NB14 June 2012
Documentation, specifications, drawing review, then field inspection followed up with inspection reports, deficiency, NCR filing is a typical day. Improved office skills along with diplomatic but firm approaches when dealing with contractors and co-workers is always a learning experience. Realizing that my intiatives lead management as management depends on the employees at the bottom to feed upper management, then they react towards improvements. Finding time to have a coffee break while coordinating a QA/QC program, when I am the program is a harder part of the day. Achieving success in achieving QA/QC goals as well as construction schedule is enjoyable
Pros
good weekly salary
Cons
need more hours to do the work involved
I liked very much the working ambiance in SNC-Lavalin.
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  world wide6 May 2016
As a construction manager, I learned how to manage the project construction, meet the health & safety target of "zero tolerance", work smoothly with my co-workers, perform constructibility analysis prior the full construction implementation, implement construction schedule, staff the project, deliver the project on time and with the budget.
One of the most satisfying jobs I have had, staff are valued and treated well.
Senior Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2014
From 8-4.30 pm with half hour lunch
How an Engineering Company functions and what they do.
Management varies like anywhere, some very supportive Managers in my case so I cannot complain
They are the best, everyone works hard because they love what they do and are respected and treated well
Meeting tight deadlines (like anywhere I suppose)
Meeting other staff members in the lunch room and getting to know other cultures consequently.
Pros
Excellent Benefits package
Cons
None ! (from my perspective)
SNC Lavalan review.
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 October 2012
Very dependable company and well established throughout the world. I enjoyed the many projects that I worked on and enjoyed working as a team with others.
I'm a little disappointed with the ongoing problems about kickbacks, however, I'm afraid that it is the norm in third world countries. However, if that did happen here, it is very serious! I will still like to get back with them but because of my age, I believe that they will not. Very disappointed with that, and of course, that can not be mentioned as North American companies are bound not to disclose that. Thanks
Pros
dependable
Cons
all benefits go to the higher ranked vp's and president's of different departments, lower employees receive absolutely no recognition, no bonus payouts other that than office of the president or slightly below
Very friendly and nice to work
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
I enjoyed working in this company due to friendly environment and their stress on health and safety of employees. They care about employees concern and you can discuss issues with your manager and expect a change.
5 Stars company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario15 January 2013
- Solid company, nice teams, good place to work, excellent benefits, interesting & challenging work
- Negotiate with the Client SNC SWO's (service work orders): define the scope and the cost associated with our activities, help the discipline leads & engineers to define their scope of work, define deliverables and estimate the right amount of engineering hours needed, obtain the Client acceptance for the SWO's.
- Team building and create a healthy (& pleasant) team work environment, conflict resolution, etc.
- Stage Gate meetings: play an active role in the decision making process ("kill" or "go" decision).
- Active part of project construction & commissioning: lead the team, vendors and stakeholders, support construction & engineering teams the field activities.
- Initiate, organize, facilitate & participate in problem solving process during all project phases (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control and closure).
Great company to work for
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2015
Great benefits
There's a big room for career growth
Management is always on point
A great working environment
HR staffs are always helpful when you need help
Excellent job culture and work life balance
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a
Good company to work for. I will work for them again!
SENIOR CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2015
Fast paced working enviroment. I improved my soft and technical skills. Supportive Management. Team oriented environment. Hardest part is the long hours as with every EPCM company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The company need more up to date procurement systems.
Great company to work for enjoyed working with all the staff.
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2016
I enjoyed the work I did at SNC, I did various jobs there so received a lot of experience. Due to the Oil industry changes I unfortunately was laid off but I would go back to work with them in an instant. I liked the people there and and the clients that they dealt with.
Employee oriented company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  CALGARY, ALBERTA11 April 2016
Good company to work with. Full support from higher management on decisions.

Frequent changes in higher management leading to more efforts rquired from project managers
Interesting Projects
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2014
The company gives you the opportunity to work on interesting projects. The senior engineers are experienced and you can learn a lot from them. Unfortunately, the management is disorganized and has no vision. I would recommend it to a person that wants to gain some experience and than move on.
Pros
interesting projects
Cons
lack of job security, average pay and benefits
Too much over time hours unpaid as well
Senior Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2014
Great team with great co-workers and personality with excellent above and beyond skills and qualities which are left unappreciated by the management and are subject to constant critiques.
Unpaid overtime every second Saturday from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. and almost all weekends as there are changes to the server environment to be made constantly. Poorly managed IT department.
Benefits
Cons
Unpaid overtime - not compensated
A Canadian Company facing challenges as it tries to establish itself globally
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
I enjoyed the early years of employment. As the company became embroiled in legal battles they excessively tightened/ended employee programs and perks.
Company is not focus on result but politics only
Corporate Global Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2016
Management was focus on bringing more control over theirs projects in the past 3 years and was working very hard to do so thru Corporate measures and guidance. The new management decided to return to the "old ways" of each project managing there own interest without cross project synergy and corporate guidance. A complete 180 degree.
Pros
Employees, Pay grade, Canadian success, great tools
Cons
Badly manage, Confused, no guidance
Productive and friendly employees.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2016
The company helps me elevate my position from project coordinator to field engineer. Give more opportunity to learn new ideas, concepts and construction techniques.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours
Projects were exciting
AutoCAD Drafting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 March 2016
I've worked on just about every major aluminum smelter that was built in Quebec. I got to work with some of the engineering managers I've ever met. Learned some professional skills that only come with being and working with them - ethics, drive, commitment to excellence, doing a job beyond the norm. Great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Once the jobs done...you have to go on.
Overall it is good, but working environment is not good.
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2015
It is nice place to work. There is a lot of over-head cost in SNC, which need to reduce. From learning prospective, it is not a good place. There is no training budget and nothing for social events.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Management is not effective and effeciant.
Pleasure to work with Team Members.
Project Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Worked in Various Industries i.e. Hydro and Thermal Power Plants, Petro Chemicals, Oil and Gas Facilities, including Pipelines for Oil and Gas, Mining.
Good company with good salary and benefits package.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
I basically handled A/P for the last 16 years at SNC.Lavalin.
For the recent five years I processed utility bills for all the Bank of Montreal branches across the country. I found SNC.Lavalin as a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.