SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun workplace
Civil/Structural Engineer-SNC LAVALIN, Canada (Former Employee), calgary,AlbertaJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: co ordial environment
Cons: long hour
learned structural design
coworkers are good
team work
co ordial environment
Long hour
Lots of opportunity when the economy is good
Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2014
If the economy is going well, things are popping.

As soon as it slows down, expect to be shown the door.
Senior Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 17, 2014
Management turnover is so frequent that hard work is never recognized.
Fast-paced workplace with incredible learning opportunities
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2013
Pros: good management, caring coworkers, banked hours (translated into fridays off once a month), health benefits
Cons: long hours, tight deadlines, understaffing
SNC-Lavalin is a big company with many different branches and divisions, so opportunities are endless. Engineers often work on consultant-basis, so there is a lot of back and forth in engineering team between SNC and its competitors. I was fortunate to have a great manager (who did not like micromanagement, believed in me and gave me many opportunities – more... to learn on my own), nice co-workers and an overall good experience. The hardest part was the pace and understaffing - sometimes there were so many projects going on at once that even pulling 12-hour shifts did not seem enough to get things done on time. The most enjoyable part was to work in a great team environment, in which facing any challenge was a growth and learning opportunity. – less
Great Compagny
Spécialiste solutions d'affaires (Former Employee), MontrealDecember 5, 2013
Nice place to work specially if you like dealing internationally.

corruption cases have dented the company. Not an easy place to work for now. Atmosphere is not at it's best. Hope they turn things around
Project Accounting Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2013
SNC Lavalin is a great place to work at with many opportunities presented to you. Work hard and you will succeed.
It is a very good company to work for.
Site electrical co-ordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2013
Pros: several..too many to mention all
I found the people working here very open minded and dedicated to their jobs, the interaction with everybody was easy and interesting. The hardest part was to adapt to a new country and to a new work environment but this was not as difficult as expected because I was helped enough and the atmosphere was always excellent and positive. I enjoyed the possibility – more... to be part of a team of skilled and professional individuals and really appreciated the positive attitude of all the persons I dealt with either directly or indirectly. – less
Very good place to work.
Piping Design Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 15, 2013
Learned new SP3D, excellent Piping management, good piping group, good location
Great place to work.Wonderful,talented employees. A lot of possiblilities to learn
Accounts Receivable Support,Finance (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 15, 2013
Pros: great and talented people
A great team that creates an environment that produces positive employee experience and strong business results
Fast paced exciting environment
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2013
Although in every position there is a rountine, however not one day was the same.

Great team and Management to work with. I never found any task to be difficult or challenging. I knew my role and always know how to handle a situation.
An ejoyable and positive workplace!
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
There was no day the same at my recent workplace. Everyday was a new experience and never dull, at times with challenges but able to solve in a tactful manner.

I had the pleasure and opportunity to work with the finest of amazing people.
Productive company
Engineering 3D Model Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2013
Cons: laid offs too often
Good company to work for.
Organising 3D model reviews.
Good co workers and it is generally great atmosphere to work in.
the most enjoyable part of the job is managing your time and own work load.
This company is a good place to build your skills and gain experience as a junior.
Lead Project Planner (Current Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: salary / benefits
Great environemtn
Accounting Assistant - Financial Controls (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Learned financial controls fundamentals. Got an exposure in an u-internal audit environment which will assist me in making myself efficient enough to spot discrepancies in the financial activities.
SNC-Lavalin Inc. Review
Technical Assistant, Administrative Support (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 2, 2013
I am currently working as a technical assistant in one of the largest engineering and construction firms in the world, my actual job has contributed in honing my proficiency in technical skills and ability to deal within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
What I've learned
Expeditor (Current Employee), MontrealAugust 31, 2013
Pros: variety of projects, career advancement, new ethics procedure in place
You learn to get things done on time, specially on fast track projects. procedures are available for everything and they are enforced by our management.
good place to work...but darn boss was a Dolphins fan! from da bears!
fantasy football cohort (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 27, 2013
hey pretty good place to work, lots of flexibility.
Only one issue, darn boss was a Miami Dolphins fan!

You know who you are PHISH, admit it!
will finish you in 1st round of fanyasty football!

da bears have spoken!
Good work environment and great co-workers
Mechanical Engineer in Training (EIT) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity for growth, great co-workers and lots of team building activites
A typical day involved reporting directly to the senior mechanical engineer to keep him updated on the progress of my project. I learned about the importance of communication in the workplace, especially when dealing with many different levels of management and co-workers. Being at SNC also taught me a lot about the mining industry and how things are – more... supposed to be done, and the importance of procedure.

My co-workers were very good people, who gladly assisted when a problem arose and offered clarification on a minor issue. It is a very open workplace that helps you build confidence in yourself.

SNC offers plenty of training opportunities to better yourself as an employee and person, with in-house training as well as outside seminars. – less
Not Bad
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 8, 2013
I have a great boss at SNC, but the work is just not what I'm looking for. I'd prefer to have more social interaction, and be in a company where interpersonal relationships are valued at a higher level.
Intense yet very professional working environnment
Bilingual Property Management Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working shifts 3 / 4 days week through longer work hours.
Part of three teams of multi-lingual individuals who provided emergency services to Canada Post and CBC buildings across Canada. Liaise between diverse emergency services, property managers, owners and staff.

About SNC-Lavalin

Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the – Read more