SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive company
Engineering 3D Model Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2013
Cons: laid offs too often
Good company to work for.
Organising 3D model reviews.
Good co workers and it is generally great atmosphere to work in.
the most enjoyable part of the job is managing your time and own work load.
This company is a good place to build your skills and gain experience as a junior.
Lead Project Planner (Current Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: salary / benefits
Great environemtn
Accounting Assistant - Financial Controls (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Learned financial controls fundamentals. Got an exposure in an u-internal audit environment which will assist me in making myself efficient enough to spot discrepancies in the financial activities.
SNC-Lavalin Inc. Review
Technical Assistant, Administrative Support (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 2, 2013
I am currently working as a technical assistant in one of the largest engineering and construction firms in the world, my actual job has contributed in honing my proficiency in technical skills and ability to deal within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
What I've learned
Expeditor (Current Employee), MontrealAugust 31, 2013
Pros: variety of projects, career advancement, new ethics procedure in place
You learn to get things done on time, specially on fast track projects. procedures are available for everything and they are enforced by our management.
good place to work...but darn boss was a Dolphins fan! from da bears!
fantasy football cohort (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 27, 2013
hey pretty good place to work, lots of flexibility.
Only one issue, darn boss was a Miami Dolphins fan!

You know who you are PHISH, admit it!
will finish you in 1st round of fanyasty football!

da bears have spoken!
Good work environment and great co-workers
Mechanical Engineer in Training (EIT) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity for growth, great co-workers and lots of team building activites
A typical day involved reporting directly to the senior mechanical engineer to keep him updated on the progress of my project. I learned about the importance of communication in the workplace, especially when dealing with many different levels of management and co-workers. Being at SNC also taught me a lot about the mining industry and how things are – more... supposed to be done, and the importance of procedure.

My co-workers were very good people, who gladly assisted when a problem arose and offered clarification on a minor issue. It is a very open workplace that helps you build confidence in yourself.

SNC offers plenty of training opportunities to better yourself as an employee and person, with in-house training as well as outside seminars. – less
Not Bad
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 8, 2013
I have a great boss at SNC, but the work is just not what I'm looking for. I'd prefer to have more social interaction, and be in a company where interpersonal relationships are valued at a higher level.
Intense yet very professional working environnment
Bilingual Property Management Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working shifts 3 / 4 days week through longer work hours.
Part of three teams of multi-lingual individuals who provided emergency services to Canada Post and CBC buildings across Canada. Liaise between diverse emergency services, property managers, owners and staff.
colleagues, benefits, challenges, family
Business Intelligence analyst (Current Employee), Montreal (canada)July 25, 2013
Pros: working environment and spirit of work
Cons: it's in montreal
Actually working at SNC is great:

- colleagues are amazing

- benefits are great

- the job is most of the time very interesting

- I had the opportunity to have great challenges

The IT department is like a family and working is such conditions is great.
Lot of opportunies to enhance the knowledge
Senior Planning Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2013
Good working Culture. Systematic and methodical.

Overall ok.
accounts payable clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Campbellton, NBJuly 14, 2013
Pros: working with the public
Cons: eight to four g reat hours but i liked the seven to three hours shifts better
Paid invoices for various customers.
Filing
Telephone Skills
Research for invoices not paid
Worked with regular invoices, utilities
Worked well with co workers

Was on the social committee. Organized events for the company. Was secretary.
Acheteur (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 12, 2013
Good experience to work for but job security is 0.

Lots of possibility for change.
Great work life balance
Senior - Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), CalgaryJune 18, 2013
Up and coming EPC ... new management
Great work life balance.
Great people.
flexibility in current role; lack of advancement opportunity in unit
Regional Administrator - Atlantic (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 21, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of self / career development
Highly administrative role with daily routine tasks. Looking for career vs job. Small office of 3 where I work independently most days (management away). Manager supportive and understandable of work demands during peak periods, and opportunity for more flexibility when demands are low. Enjoy office and co-workers but not in line of business I wish – more... to continue to pursue. – less
Friendly good environment to work
Document Controller (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 19, 2013
Pros: people are great
Cons: the job is unpredictable with stability
I am able to come to work happy, I know exactly what I will be doing for the day, we all work as a team.

I have learned a lot at SNC I feel it has made me Appreciate having a job and that even though sometimes it may be hectic, I know I can get it done.

The management is understanding and willing to help.
Our co-workers are fantastic they are always – more... willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is being the way things constantly change and there is no room to feel comfortable that I will have a job once a project ends or even when you are placed on a project it may get bought out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the core hours 9-4 you are able to start at 7,8,9 as long as you work your 9 hours. – less
Good working environment
Procurement Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: bad reputation
Great people at SNC, made many friends. The work was interesting, learned lots about EPC.
JUNIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULER
JUNIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2013
As stated in resume:

• Responsible for maintaining, monitoring and updating the forecast schedule for project deliverables (activities/documents) in Primavera P6 & PM+
• Reported to Project Management Office (PMO) and Engineering on the progress/variance of project deliverables with respect to the baseline schedule
• Transferred crucial project data – more... from PMO and Engineering into the Manpower Forecasting & Leveling (MFL) module – less
Challenging Job
Construction supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge Bay Area, NWTMay 8, 2013
Pros: challenging project site
Cons: needed more support staff
-Typical day
for construction of mine construction camp and site infrastructure including: residence buildings, roads, airstrip with navigational aids, earthworks, blasting, fuel storage tanks\piping and containment and dispensing, power generation and distribution, potable water and sewage piping and treatment installations, structural steel and concrete. – more... Also perform QC of works.
• Direct\assist construction trade forces• Ensure workers follow safety procedures and training
• Ensure Owner owned equipment is fully certified for use and arrange for qualified service technicians
• Attend daily construction meetings and participate in site training programs
• Inspection construction works and ensure Contractors submit as-constructed data, testing and QC information
• Assist Engineering Design with submission of site information.
• Submit daily progress\site issue report to Project and Construction Managers.
• Resolve site construction issues and problems

-What I Learned
Persistence gets the job done

-Management
Team effort works better

-Co-workers
Everybody needs to be on the same work page every day

-Hardest Part of the Job
Everybody understanding constraints of working in remote and isolated environments

-Most Enjoyable Part Of this Job
My work is Completed – less
Great engineering experience at the project level
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2013
Pros: weekly health and safety meetings, lunch and learn meetings, free coffee and juice, ergonomic work environment
Cons: only worked there for four months during the summer
I had the opportunity last summer to work at SNC-Lavalin as an engineering assistant. When I got there, there were several learning modules on the computers to help me learn more about the company, and projects that SNC was involved in. From this experience, I was able to learn how an engineering firm worked at the project management level. I created – more... workflow diagrams and online modules for sections such as change management, lessons learned, and health and safety. I can definitely say that the engineering industry is very "procedural" based, as there are numerous types of workflows for documents in each department. The work environment itself was also amazing. All the employees were fantastic, there were interesting meetings going on every week for employees to apply and learn new things (such as ergonomics 101, help for creating a report, etc), health and safety meetings every week to keep us on our toes, and the office had ergonomic furniture and lighting too (very good for the eyes and back). The hardest part I'd have to say is adjusting to it at the very beginning. I never had a chance to work at an office and was piled with lots of work from time to time. Skills that I have transferred into my portfolio would be communication, time management, organization, problem solving and leadership skills. – less

About SNC-Lavalin

Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the – Read more