SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

Loved to work there
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCJuly 30, 2015
As the big company SNC-Lavalin is, the possibilities of not stop learning and growing professionally were enormous.
The job environment was the best, everybody was open to teach you something new to help you to grow what made enjoyable go to work every day.
I had not only an excellent boss, but also an excellent mentor.
This job let me to apply the management skills from my master and also let me continue learning and improving them with courses at their Project Management school.
The hardest part of my job was to leave because of lack of projects.
Pros
Professional grow and mentoring
Cons
Lay off due to lack of projects
Dynamic project, very challenging but satisfying to achieve a project from ground breaking developing process and procedure to start up and handover.
Expediting and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 29, 2015
34 years Expediting major project throughout the world, EPC project are challenging but pleasurable to be part of team which consist of various culture and people with different work belief and bringing this together as one team to deliver projects in the Oil and Gas, mining, Power plants and Aluminium Smelter Sectors.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Being away from family.
Very political
Document Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
This company is very political and has a lot of problems within its management team. No mentoring and a lot of bullying including the Human Resource Dept. No sense of team or striving to improve. Lots of overtime billed to clients and no work being accomplished
Pros
Cons
Bullying and no policies in place
Great work environment
Coordonnatrice de voyage senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2015
SNC Lavalin is a very professional organization that offers a great work environment and employee benefits. Personal growth is top of mind when working for SNC Lavalin,
Good work culture
Electrical Commissioning Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 26, 2015
Enjoyable work place. Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. Good safety work culture among all. Fun work place with supportive management.
Unsecure Work Environment
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
While the company is dealing with its past Bribery issues, the company still has a long way to go with other issues and just one item is winning new work.
It helped me to build confidence.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
I had a chance to grow by changing and improving by interacting people with huge expertise in their own field. There is always professional help in case of need.
Great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 30, 2015
It's a great company with interesting projects and smart people. Any job involves a lot of challenges, therefore makes it interesting to work fort. Would highly reccoment this company to anyone.
Great projects, good functional management and project management
Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2015
SNC has delivered some fantastic projects.

Regional Project Directorship and Functional Management is knowledgeable, experienced and makes things happen.
Pros
Good technical skill set.
Cons
Job security
RM - Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Geomatics Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2015
General Dynamics was a company that taught me the discipline required to work with very high standards of processes and procedures in the defense business.
Pros
Great peiple to work with
A good place to start your career
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2015
Being in an industrial environment was a great help to get quickly familiar with instrumentation and control engineering
Productive environment, with good balance between private life and career
3D Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
I'm proud to part of SNC-Lavalin team, and I'm really happy with the challenges the job brings every day. The sources and dedication of the company to supporting the employees to do top level engineering and delivering the best results to the client are really impressive.
the project team personnel were amazing to work with
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The Electrical group involved were fun to work with, very little stress, I looked forward to a days work with all involved
Big Kitchen
Kitchen General Help (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 30, 2015
It was a big kitchen that had a 4 selections of food: Fast food, 2 lines of Home made food, and Healthy food. This kitchen was in an Oil camp in Alberta that had over 3,000 clients that come everyday. I have developed the ability to adapt in fast paced work enviorment and also cooperating with my coworkers. Managment was tough with work habits yet the hardest part was to maintain at busy times when we lack on coworker since it was a big kitchen. Other than that I have enjoyed the experience and excitement which has developed my skills to be efficient.
Great team to work with
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  calgaryAugust 26, 2015
Excellent work environment with super friendly people. Got opportunity to set up the finance team and lead from the front.
Interesting and Rewarding
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABApril 10, 2015
Working in the transmission and distribution industry was interesting and rewarding.
Building healthy supportive relationships with the work crews and my construction management team were challenging and rewarding.
Working as part of an Heath and Safety Team to implement and monitor the Health and Safety Management System was a great experience.
most enjoyable part of the job
Piping Specialist, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
I worked as a coordinator or piping sdeputy leader and I had close interation with Process,, Automation, Mechanical, Stress and Piping Designers and I had to keep the information flowing among the disciplines, in order to comply with the job schedule and client requirements
Good company to work for. I will work for them again!
SENIOR CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Fast paced working enviroment. I improved my soft and technical skills. Supportive Management. Team oriented environment. Hardest part is the long hours as with every EPCM company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The company need more up to date procurement systems.
Great company to work for
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 21, 2015
Great benefits
There's a big room for career growth
Management is always on point
A great working environment
HR staffs are always helpful when you need help
Excellent job culture and work life balance
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a
Overall it is good, but working environment is not good.
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
It is nice place to work. There is a lot of over-head cost in SNC, which need to reduce. From learning prospective, it is not a good place. There is no training budget and nothing for social events.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Management is not effective and effeciant.