SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Great team work
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
They had great leader ship and mentoring programs. Acomplished a lot as a team. I have worked in construction for many years yet had not built a light rail transit system before. The supervisors and the senoir experienced members of the team showed us step by step how to efficiently and safly accomplish the tasks at hand. I would work for them again for sure.
Pros
Felt like a member of the team
Cons
Short term employment
My work with company was very short (6 months) due to a big loss of three big proposals, which created a low work load and a lot of lay-off.
Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2016
Good work environment, good atmosphere, good professional people. Unfortunately, to much time spent in extra-social activity and less for professional development activity. Each professional leader, engineer, manager have to avoid the sintagma:
"for this project we need to use technical solution used by company in the past three (...) projects"
Each project is unique and the technology and equipment evolve.
Pros
Good professional engineers (on the group leader level)
Cons
Weak management, with less experienced managers, which determine a lot of loss in proposal area, and an unsafe workplace, pending of workload
Highly professional and quality oriented
Field Quality Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Enjoyed working with company and learned about HVDC Power line construction.
The work environment was very friendly with lots of scope of learning and different kinds of training for development with company.
secure job
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB2 June 2016
routine included facility maintenance of 14 federal government buildings.
achieved my FMC accreditation while working onsite.
co-workers were a pleasure to work with, management was cordial.
job came with some risk considering the site.
management was open to changes to make our tasks easier and would make the clients happier as well.
Pros
monday to friday with minimal on call
cons
good company
SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
good to work in this place, I learned a lot in new designing fields
a lot of experienced engineers and technician, amazing IT.
Very good relations between coworkers.
Pros
learning lunches, help from more expirenced
Great company,
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2016
a great company with professional and friendly people, learned process and procedures everyday. Only it was bad that the project was ended too soon, all the team members were relocated or left this company.
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 July 2016
Generally a quite place to work. Co-workers are great but don't mingle with each other too much. Company culture is good.
We were like family
Cleaning jobs, kitchen jobs (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 May 2016
I was with a big family we used to work as a team, we used to encourage each other, to advice each other, I learn more at SNC Lavalin , They always told as to work together as a family, to help each other. I was in the healthy environment. I still miss my team. There was nothing hard, I was enjoyed each and every minute.
Pros
free meals
Team Environment
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 October 2016
Organized, Functional and overall well balanced place to work. Good international opportunities if you are willing to take them
summary
Power engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2016
building manager, been here for almost 3 years taking care of tenant spaces , dealing with tenants and budgeting projects from boilers to chillers to roof repairs, to asphalt projects. making sure mechanical room and tenats are in good order.
Good place to work and gain experience
Area Lead Steam Generation Unit (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2016
Worked with very experienced and senior engineers. Good working environment, get full support from the seniors when needed. Good job work/life balance and good benefits.
Good people in a productive and professional environment.
Western RegionProject Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Hired on a contractual basis that was to evolve into a permanent position before the project was cancelled by the client for reasons unrelated to performance by the company or team. Great job and coworkers.
Your performance and loyalty is not appreciated
Package Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2015
Big company with lots of technical resources, good benefits and pay, but your job security and advancement is depended on your manager's likeness, but not your performance and loyalty.
Pros
Good technical resources and decent pay
Cons
bad culture
Challenging and interesting projects
Intermediate Plant Layout and Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Very good place to work at. The company provides flexible work schedule and good incentive. Very interesting and challenging work environment and supportive leads.
Fast-paced workplace with incredible learning opportunities
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2013
SNC-Lavalin is a big company with many different branches and divisions, so opportunities are endless. Engineers often work on consultant-basis, so there is a lot of back and forth in engineering team between SNC and its competitors. I was fortunate to have a great manager (who did not like micromanagement, believed in me and gave me many opportunities to learn on my own), nice co-workers and an overall good experience. The hardest part was the pace and understaffing - sometimes there were so many projects going on at once that even pulling 12-hour shifts did not seem enough to get things done on time. The most enjoyable part was to work in a great team environment, in which facing any challenge was a growth and learning opportunity.
Pros
good management, caring coworkers, banked hours (translated into Fridays off once a month), health benefits
Cons
long hours, tight deadlines, understaffing
Good experience and reputable projects
Document Control Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
I enjoyed my work experience at SNC Lavalin Edmonton office. I worked on numerous reputable projects and with several professional and experienced teams in all disciplines.
Pros
Worldwide company
Cons
Edmonton Office reduced staff
Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
Excellent and very exciting place to work collaboratively with great management leading a great team. A high premium is placed on ethics for everyday business conduct. Management vision to become a tier-1 global engineering company well communicated through regular executive blogs. Great company!
Pros
High premium on ethics
Cons
Nil
Good benefits and Great Co-workers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 August 2016
I really enjoyed getting to know my colleagues at SNC-Lavalin. They became family after a short while and I knew I was lucky to work at SNC.

The office environment isn't the fanciest, but it's quite casual in the office and everyone is friendly.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Pay is just average
no comment
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
I would rather not comment. I dont feel I can say anything that is not known about this company especially from those who have worked there
One of the most satisfying jobs I have had, staff are valued and treated well.
Senior Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2014
From 8-4.30 pm with half hour lunch
How an Engineering Company functions and what they do.
Management varies like anywhere, some very supportive Managers in my case so I cannot complain
They are the best, everyone works hard because they love what they do and are respected and treated well
Meeting tight deadlines (like anywhere I suppose)
Meeting other staff members in the lunch room and getting to know other cultures consequently.
Pros
Excellent Benefits package
Cons
None ! (from my perspective)