SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fair company to work for...
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Make good wages
Cons: Being away from home
The work load was heavy...I am use to this kind of work in a camp environment...I got along great with all staff and management...Often times we were under staffed typical in camps but the work got done by pulling together...I am so use to 10 work days I would find it strange to work anything less...
Great place to work with a flexible, reliable and experienced team
Civil specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: an environment where employees are comfortable sharing concerns and successes
Excellent work place with good supportive management. The company give the opportunity to balance work and life by allowing working flexible hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The pleasant multicultural environment help a lot to grow professionally as well as personally. Each project require his own specific team. Variety of projects and tasks ranging from the monotonous to developing new ideas or strategies were challenging and exciting.
the project team personnel were amazing to work with
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The Electrical group involved were fun to work with, very little stress, I looked forward to a days work with all involved
Very political
Document Control Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Bullying and no policies in place
This company is very political and has a lot of problems within its management team. No mentoring and a lot of bullying including the Human Resource Dept. No sense of team or striving to improve. Lots of overtime billed to clients and no work being accomplished
Great projects, good functional management and project management
Director (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Good technical skill set.
Cons: Job security
SNC has delivered some fantastic projects.

Regional Project Directorship and Functional Management is knowledgeable, experienced and makes things happen.
Great team to work with
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 26, 2015
Excellent work environment with super friendly people. Got opportunity to set up the finance team and lead from the front.
For the most part, Sarnia was good, Brampton Site was staffed with qualified personnel, but run by Main Office General Super with limited knowledge a
Project Lead (Former Employee), Brampton OntAugust 23, 2015
Good Company with a variety of nationality personnel. Well Organized. Most of Office Staff was from the USA. General Superintendent hired his Nephew that had no construction experience to be his assisstant
RM - Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Geomatics Engineering (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Great peiple to work with
General Dynamics was a company that taught me the discipline required to work with very high standards of processes and procedures in the defense business.
Productive and busy work place with great staff to work with and learn from.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 5, 2015
Very busy and work orientated environment. I developed great interpersonal skills and organizational skills. Working on multilple projects I learned to manage my time will and prioritize the tasks assigned to me on a daily basis. I got to work with a lot of highly professional people who were very knowledgable and always helpful. Attending company meetings and learning about the corporate culture was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Loved to work there
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Professional grow and mentoring
Cons: Lay off due to lack of projects
As the big company SNC-Lavalin is, the possibilities of not stop learning and growing professionally were enormous.
The job environment was the best, everybody was open to teach you something new to help you to grow what made enjoyable go to work every day.
I had not only an excellent boss, but also an excellent mentor.
This job let me to apply the management skills from my master and also let me continue learning and improving them with courses at their Project Management school.
The hardest part of my job was to leave because of lack of projects.
Dynamic project, very challenging but satisfying to achieve a project from ground breaking developing process and procedure to start up and handover.
Expediting and Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Challenging
Cons: Being away from family.
34 years Expediting major project throughout the world, EPC project are challenging but pleasurable to be part of team which consist of various culture and people with different work belief and bringing this together as one team to deliver projects in the Oil and Gas, mining, Power plants and Aluminium Smelter Sectors.
Fun work to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Busy every day to work with the project team.
Management is great and work as a team.
To gain more experience in the engineering industry.
Good - Team Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 9, 2015
Worked as Administrative Assistant. Created Memos and Letters. Worked on Maintaining the Inventory on Convero for all materials.
Productive environment, with good balance between private life and career
3D Layout Designer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
I'm proud to part of SNC-Lavalin team, and I'm really happy with the challenges the job brings every day. The sources and dedication of the company to supporting the employees to do top level engineering and delivering the best results to the client are really impressive.
Flexible, and profesional
Regional Sr. Health & Safety Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
Flexible, and profesional, Overall satisfied, but poor business development. Great co-workers, good schedules. Diverse environment.
good
Senior Piping Designer / Piping Checker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2015
Pros: good
Cons: bad
Successful projects, nice talents, good management, benefit OK, capability. goog, good. Global and local mining engineering, OIL and Gas.
Great company to work for
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: n/a
Great benefits
There's a big room for career growth
Management is always on point
A great working environment
HR staffs are always helpful when you need help
Excellent job culture and work life balance
most enjoyable part of the job
Piping Specialist, Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
I worked as a coordinator or piping sdeputy leader and I had close interation with Process,, Automation, Mechanical, Stress and Piping Designers and I had to keep the information flowing among the disciplines, in order to comply with the job schedule and client requirements
Big Kitchen
Kitchen General Help (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 30, 2015
It was a big kitchen that had a 4 selections of food: Fast food, 2 lines of Home made food, and Healthy food. This kitchen was in an Oil camp in Alberta that had over 3,000 clients that come everyday. I have developed the ability to adapt in fast paced work enviorment and also cooperating with my coworkers. Managment was tough with work habits yet the hardest part was to maintain at busy times when we lack on coworker since it was a big kitchen. Other than that I have enjoyed the experience and excitement which has developed my skills to be efficient.
Good company to work for. I will work for them again!
SENIOR CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: The company need more up to date procurement systems.
Fast paced working enviroment. I improved my soft and technical skills. Supportive Management. Team oriented environment. Hardest part is the long hours as with every EPCM company.