SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Project Accounting Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2013
SNC Lavalin is a great place to work at with many opportunities presented to you. Work hard and you will succeed.
It is a very good company to work for.
Site electrical co-ordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2013
Pros: several..too many to mention all
I found the people working here very open minded and dedicated to their jobs, the interaction with everybody was easy and interesting. The hardest part was to adapt to a new country and to a new work environment but this was not as difficult as expected because I was helped enough and the atmosphere was always excellent and positive. I enjoyed the possibility – more... to be part of a team of skilled and professional individuals and really appreciated the positive attitude of all the persons I dealt with either directly or indirectly. – less
Very good place to work.
Piping Design Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 15, 2013
Learned new SP3D, excellent Piping management, good piping group, good location
Great place to work.Wonderful,talented employees. A lot of possiblilities to learn
Accounts Receivable Support,Finance (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 15, 2013
Pros: great and talented people
A great team that creates an environment that produces positive employee experience and strong business results
Fast paced exciting environment
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2013
Although in every position there is a rountine, however not one day was the same.

Great team and Management to work with. I never found any task to be difficult or challenging. I knew my role and always know how to handle a situation.
An ejoyable and positive workplace!
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
There was no day the same at my recent workplace. Everyday was a new experience and never dull, at times with challenges but able to solve in a tactful manner.

I had the pleasure and opportunity to work with the finest of amazing people.
Productive company
Engineering 3D Model Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2013
Cons: laid offs too often
Good company to work for.
Organising 3D model reviews.
Good co workers and it is generally great atmosphere to work in.
the most enjoyable part of the job is managing your time and own work load.
This company is a good place to build your skills and gain experience as a junior.
Lead Project Planner (Current Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: salary / benefits
Great environemtn
Accounting Assistant - Financial Controls (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Learned financial controls fundamentals. Got an exposure in an u-internal audit environment which will assist me in making myself efficient enough to spot discrepancies in the financial activities.
SNC-Lavalin Inc. Review
Technical Assistant, Administrative Support (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 2, 2013
I am currently working as a technical assistant in one of the largest engineering and construction firms in the world, my actual job has contributed in honing my proficiency in technical skills and ability to deal within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
What I've learned
Expeditor (Current Employee), MontrealAugust 31, 2013
Pros: variety of projects, career advancement, new ethics procedure in place
You learn to get things done on time, specially on fast track projects. procedures are available for everything and they are enforced by our management.
good place to work...but darn boss was a Dolphins fan! from da bears!
fantasy football cohort (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 27, 2013
hey pretty good place to work, lots of flexibility.
Only one issue, darn boss was a Miami Dolphins fan!

You know who you are PHISH, admit it!
will finish you in 1st round of fanyasty football!

da bears have spoken!
Good work environment and great co-workers
Mechanical Engineer in Training (EIT) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity for growth, great co-workers and lots of team building activites
A typical day involved reporting directly to the senior mechanical engineer to keep him updated on the progress of my project. I learned about the importance of communication in the workplace, especially when dealing with many different levels of management and co-workers. Being at SNC also taught me a lot about the mining industry and how things are – more... supposed to be done, and the importance of procedure.

My co-workers were very good people, who gladly assisted when a problem arose and offered clarification on a minor issue. It is a very open workplace that helps you build confidence in yourself.

SNC offers plenty of training opportunities to better yourself as an employee and person, with in-house training as well as outside seminars. – less
Barro Alto Project for Anglo American, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais,Brazil EPCM Project, US$ 1.9 billions investment Project. SNC Lavalin- Minerc
Senior Project Control Manager (Former Employee), Belo Horizonte, MGAugust 24, 2013
Pros: learn
Cons: no really
Planning / Coordination
All team
Freindly
No really
Good result
Not Bad
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 8, 2013
I have a great boss at SNC, but the work is just not what I'm looking for. I'd prefer to have more social interaction, and be in a company where interpersonal relationships are valued at a higher level.
Intense yet very professional working environnment
Bilingual Property Management Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working shifts 3 / 4 days week through longer work hours.
Part of three teams of multi-lingual individuals who provided emergency services to Canada Post and CBC buildings across Canada. Liaise between diverse emergency services, property managers, owners and staff.
Lot of opportunies to enhance the knowledge
Senior Planning Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2013
Good working Culture. Systematic and methodical.

Overall ok.
Acheteur (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 12, 2013
Good experience to work for but job security is 0.

Lots of possibility for change.
Great work life balance
Senior - Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), CalgaryJune 18, 2013
Up and coming EPC ... new management
Great work life balance.
Great people.
Friendly good environment to work
Document Controller (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 19, 2013
Pros: people are great
Cons: the job is unpredictable with stability
I am able to come to work happy, I know exactly what I will be doing for the day, we all work as a team.

I have learned a lot at SNC I feel it has made me Appreciate having a job and that even though sometimes it may be hectic, I know I can get it done.

The management is understanding and willing to help.
Our co-workers are fantastic they are always – more... willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is being the way things constantly change and there is no room to feel comfortable that I will have a job once a project ends or even when you are placed on a project it may get bought out.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the core hours 9-4 you are able to start at 7,8,9 as long as you work your 9 hours. – less

About SNC-Lavalin

Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the – Read more