SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

Good benefits, great people
Project Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
There was amazing opportunity for advancement when I started, the people were great. Lots of events, whether company driven or individuals arranged them.
Good benefits and the company is big on working with your work/life balance.
Pros
Gym, people, events, benefits
Cons
No work
Good company with good salary and benefits package.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
I basically handled A/P for the last 16 years at SNC.Lavalin.
For the recent five years I processed utility bills for all the Bank of Montreal branches across the country. I found SNC.Lavalin as a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.
A Canadian Company facing challenges as it tries to establish itself globally
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed the early years of employment. As the company became embroiled in legal battles they excessively tightened/ended employee programs and perks.
Overall it is good, but working environment is not good.
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
It is nice place to work. There is a lot of over-head cost in SNC, which need to reduce. From learning prospective, it is not a good place. There is no training budget and nothing for social events.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Management is not effective and effeciant.
Great place to work with a flexible, reliable and experienced team
Civil specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 8, 2015
Excellent work place with good supportive management. The company give the opportunity to balance work and life by allowing working flexible hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The pleasant multicultural environment help a lot to grow professionally as well as personally. Each project require his own specific team. Variety of projects and tasks ranging from the monotonous to developing new ideas or strategies were challenging and exciting.
Pros
an environment where employees are comfortable sharing concerns and successes
Pleasure to work with Team Members.
Project Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Worked in Various Industries i.e. Hydro and Thermal Power Plants, Petro Chemicals, Oil and Gas Facilities, including Pipelines for Oil and Gas, Mining.
Employee oriented company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  CALGARY, ALBERTAApril 11, 2016
Good company to work with. Full support from higher management on decisions.

Frequent changes in higher management leading to more efforts rquired from project managers
Fast-paced workplace with incredible learning opportunities
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2013
SNC-Lavalin is a big company with many different branches and divisions, so opportunities are endless. Engineers often work on consultant-basis, so there is a lot of back and forth in engineering team between SNC and its competitors. I was fortunate to have a great manager (who did not like micromanagement, believed in me and gave me many opportunities to learn on my own), nice co-workers and an overall good experience. The hardest part was the pace and understaffing - sometimes there were so many projects going on at once that even pulling 12-hour shifts did not seem enough to get things done on time. The most enjoyable part was to work in a great team environment, in which facing any challenge was a growth and learning opportunity.
Pros
good management, caring coworkers, banked hours (translated into fridays off once a month), health benefits
Cons
long hours, tight deadlines, understaffing
Great place to work.
Mechanical Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 21, 2016
Really enjoyed working there, would love to go back.
And all, are team players. Fast and exciting. Loved what I was designing , with the mining and metal team.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
None.
A full EPC firm with opportunities to learn and grow
Senior Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Reviewing of estimates, budget and schedule information

Updating of forecasts and cost flow reports

Conduct daily reviews of purchase orders invoices

Update cost and performance information in cost and accounting systems

Co-workers are very co-operative
not bad
Automation Engineer, SNC-Lavalin , Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
The top 10the compnay in Iran with over 33 subsideries and I like the working environment and is really good cltureand good company
great place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  montrealMarch 8, 2016
nice place to work, greatest job I ever had. it's a corporation that really takes care of its employees
I dont have much more to say, if you have any questions please contact me directly
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
none!
Good work culture
Electrical Commissioning Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 26, 2015
Enjoyable work place. Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. Good safety work culture among all. Fun work place with supportive management.
Productive work place
Project Procurement Manager - (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2015
7-10 hrs per day.
Learned professionalism and working with clients

Constant management change environment

Coworkers are competitive

Some are amazing

Most enjoyable part of the job, accomplishing the task, and seeing the job being constructed
no comments
Analyste centre de services/Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 22, 2016
i receive about 100 calls per day and more than 500 emails and about 80 tickets from other department very friendly coworkers,always very busy ,
Great expirience
Vehicle detailer (Former Employee) –  KandahārFebruary 18, 2016
Lots of fun working in KAF with them beside the Canadian Military. Pay was good but the expirience alone was worth it. Got a GSM out of it as well so that was pretty cool.
I love and enjoy to work at SNC Lavalin in a diverse environment where every body works in a team environment with dignity and respect.
SENIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at SNC Lavalin where all the employees respect each other. Work in a cohesive team environment, share knowledge thru internal workshops. Supervisors provide guidance and appreciate the hard work of their employees. All these factors contribute to the success of this company and satisfaction of the clients.
Proactive and friendly work place with a time table for work and fun
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2012
it starts by reviewing last day work or new task, having chat with senior engineers and designers to get an appropriate result in a very timly maner,
from each task get new experience to handle next task in a better way and lesser time
Attending to safety, project schedulling, company general meeting where the speaker are high level or mid level managers or project meeting with department or project manager
Finding sloution for raised problems or prediting problems by looking in to design and calculation with coordinating by others
finishing a task in proper way and on time and it observed by seniors, managers or co workers
Pros
any thing which can make a good memory of a day
Cons
no finishing a task on the day required or having trouble without help
Interesting Projects
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2014
The company gives you the opportunity to work on interesting projects. The senior engineers are experienced and you can learn a lot from them. Unfortunately, the management is disorganized and has no vision. I would recommend it to a person that wants to gain some experience and than move on.
Pros
interesting projects
Cons
lack of job security, average pay and benefits
Loved to work there
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCJuly 30, 2015
As the big company SNC-Lavalin is, the possibilities of not stop learning and growing professionally were enormous.
The job environment was the best, everybody was open to teach you something new to help you to grow what made enjoyable go to work every day.
I had not only an excellent boss, but also an excellent mentor.
This job let me to apply the management skills from my master and also let me continue learning and improving them with courses at their Project Management school.
The hardest part of my job was to leave because of lack of projects.
Pros
Professional grow and mentoring
Cons
Lay off due to lack of projects