SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Very stressful situation
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2016
Management was unprofessional and ignorant. Going to work was extremely stressful as you judged how you day was going to go depending on the greeting from the manager each morning. Most days the manager was nasty, negative, condesending and a micro manager who should never have been in the position of property manager. Property Manager interference with project management caused undue stress and anger from the staff involved. The most enjoyable part of the day was looking forward to going home to a peaceful setting.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Management
summary
Power engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2016
building manager, been here for almost 3 years taking care of tenant spaces , dealing with tenants and budgeting projects from boilers to chillers to roof repairs, to asphalt projects. making sure mechanical room and tenats are in good order.
Great atmosphere
ISO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2016
People are their best asset as they are always willing to help and help you succeed. Company with a lot of opportunities and if you are willing to work hard, you will be given the opportunity.
Team Environment
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 October 2016
Organized, Functional and overall well balanced place to work. Good international opportunities if you are willing to take them
Great team work
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
They had great leader ship and mentoring programs. Acomplished a lot as a team. I have worked in construction for many years yet had not built a light rail transit system before. The supervisors and the senoir experienced members of the team showed us step by step how to efficiently and safly accomplish the tasks at hand. I would work for them again for sure.
Pros
Felt like a member of the team
Cons
Short term employment
My best years working in the field was at SNC-Lavalin
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 October 2016
I was given great opportunities for advancement and growth. Unfortunately, the management was lacking which created some challenges to the success of the company.
Highly professional and quality oriented
Field Quality Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Enjoyed working with company and learned about HVDC Power line construction.
The work environment was very friendly with lots of scope of learning and different kinds of training for development with company.
Site Job living in work camp
Cost Control Specialist/Site Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jansen, SK20 October 2016
Working at a construction site and living in camp is a different experience that is not for everyone. The isolation of such a job is often the hardest part of the job but sometimes it can be one of the best parts of the job. Working and living in such close quarters with your co-workers you soon learn a lot about them and often some strong bonds are formed. Usually the camaraderie among co-workers makes for a great work environment.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
isolation
Good people in a productive and professional environment.
Western RegionProject Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Hired on a contractual basis that was to evolve into a permanent position before the project was cancelled by the client for reasons unrelated to performance by the company or team. Great job and coworkers.
Challenging and interesting projects
Intermediate Plant Layout and Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Very good place to work at. The company provides flexible work schedule and good incentive. Very interesting and challenging work environment and supportive leads.
no comment
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
I would rather not comment. I dont feel I can say anything that is not known about this company especially from those who have worked there
Good experience and reputable projects
Document Control Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
I enjoyed my work experience at SNC Lavalin Edmonton office. I worked on numerous reputable projects and with several professional and experienced teams in all disciplines.
Pros
Worldwide company
Cons
Edmonton Office reduced staff
Good benefits and Great Co-workers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 August 2016
I really enjoyed getting to know my colleagues at SNC-Lavalin. They became family after a short while and I knew I was lucky to work at SNC.

The office environment isn't the fanciest, but it's quite casual in the office and everyone is friendly.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Pay is just average
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 July 2016
Generally a quite place to work. Co-workers are great but don't mingle with each other too much. Company culture is good.
A good place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
Good place to work and build a career but with no long term job security. Very friendly co-workers and management. Company provides basic benefits.
secure job
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB2 June 2016
routine included facility maintenance of 14 federal government buildings.
achieved my FMC accreditation while working onsite.
co-workers were a pleasure to work with, management was cordial.
job came with some risk considering the site.
management was open to changes to make our tasks easier and would make the clients happier as well.
Pros
monday to friday with minimal on call
cons
Good people, very bad management
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2016
IT at SNC-Lavalin was fun until around 2003. Prior to that, it felt like a second family and people worked there because they like their collegues, bosses and their job.

After that, multiple internal IT reorganisations seeded chaos, fear and uncertainty year after year after year. Job advancement were cancelled many times, fake promotion given to 'selected few' b*tt-kissers, etc. The mood was sour, people became sour too and we worked for the money and that's it. And we are not even talking about the company's leader who frauded their own employees here. We worked tirelessly for them though and the gratitude was non-existant. Not even a thank you.

The management was bad because IT was run by people that didnt understand IT or by people that had no background in it. Promotion to people that didnt even held a College Degree and asked to manage very highly skilled people that had BSc in Enginering or Computer Science was bound to fail. And it failed too.
Pros
Ambiance with collegues.
Cons
Bad management
Very friendly and nice to work
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
I enjoyed working in this company due to friendly environment and their stress on health and safety of employees. They care about employees concern and you can discuss issues with your manager and expect a change.
We were like family
Cleaning jobs, kitchen jobs (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 May 2016
I was with a big family we used to work as a team, we used to encourage each other, to advice each other, I learn more at SNC Lavalin , They always told as to work together as a family, to help each other. I was in the healthy environment. I still miss my team. There was nothing hard, I was enjoyed each and every minute.
Pros
free meals
Cons
SNC is a great place to utilize your talents to their potential.
Manager Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
SNC management has one of the best perspectives on property management HSE expectations and methodologies delivering added value of service to its clients.

Unlike some companies, SNC management walks the talk with senior management engaging employees with executives personally performing safety activities, and holding their top team accountable for safety performance.

SNC has a large HSE contingent and a well developed HSE program. Their RFQ claims about safety expectations highly align with what they do.

I am proud to have worked there.
Pros
Management engagement theme, "we care"
Cons
Client contracts can impact employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.