SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work and very supportive environment
Piping Designer/ISO Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good mamagement and suppportive environment
Cons: shortage of work
Worked on Lump Sum Projects. Very supportive department manager and training opportunity. Great environment to work in, supportive team members. Despite being lump sum project, the challenge is great.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the day to day dealing with other disciplines and coordinating work with work share office (China)
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working in SNC Lavalin. Working environment is great. Lot of opportunities to learn new things.
Unprofessional
Candidate (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 4, 2014
They are very unprofessional. Sent 2 emails regarding "follow up's to outstanding items and zero response. Not even a curtesy email stating the obvious. If this is how they conduct their business, I want no part of it.
A good work inviroment with awesome gym
HVAC apprentice (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good place to work
learned lots about my trade
management was questionable at times
co-workers and overall atmosphere was great
hardest part of my job was the long shift work
enjoyed the people, experience and food
Good
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer In Training (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 23, 2014
Good place to work but with very low job security. Very helpful coworkers. Good opportunities of training and professional development.
A professional atmosphere where I practice my line of work.
Student Engineer (Former Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 17, 2014
A regular day at work, I would go in at 8am to check in than I would proceed to the construction site I was assigned. I would make regular walks through the site and make sure everything is in order and everything is done correctly. Some of the jobs that are completed I would have to check and make sure it is done correctly. Every company has its own – more... rules and regulation, although most companies would have the same because they would have to follow the Canadian standards. What I mean by this is for example the amount of compaction the aggregate needs to be in order to place sidewalk cement over it, another example would be the amount of manholes and catch basins to have and their locations. My group of co-workers were great. Everyone was very nice and very easy to approach. I did not find my job difficult at all and I enjoyed my entire time working with SNC-Lavalin. – less
Scheduler
Planning Engineer (Former Employee), SarniaOctober 10, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Lots of Contract Work
Document Control (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: salaries
Cons: contractor/temp work environment on projects
If you're hired on contract it is difficult to move up, or progress in your career.
Dynamic, fast paced environment
Senior Designer (Current Employee), Toronto, OnSeptember 30, 2014
Must be ready to adapt with changes and challenges of work assignments.
Good place to learn and work
Procurement QC Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2014
Very cooerative and helpful manager/lead, good scope to learn and develop work skills.
Mature Environment
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: earned time off
Cons: no training
This is a workplace that treats people like adults and they do not micro-manage.
The stressful part of the job is not having any training
Productive & interesting workplace in an office
Commis de bureau (Former Employee), Montreal, QCSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good communication
Cons: short break
- Assist the Project Manager in assembling and filing claim files.
- Interact with various team members to perform various clerical tasks.

- Install inventory lists by computer (Word, Excel)
- Ranger shirts labeled in appropriate folders
- Make prints, photocopies and scanning various documents.
- Fold and classify engineering plans.
Productive Place
Junior Buyer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks etc etc
its very loving and fun place to work. SNC taught me alot, colleagues are very cooperative and helpful.The icing on the cake SNC is all about place of opportunity to learn and fun.
Easy going environment
Building Technician II (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Working at this company is a little frustrating at times with basic benefits and low wages. seems unorganized at times
Good people
easy going
lots of paper work
Professional experience at SNC Lavalin.
Electrical Technical Professional (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2014
A great EPC Company to work with and a nice workplace to learn.
Not a good workplace
Geotechnical (E.I.T) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Poor management, poor Salary/Benefits and poor Work/Life Balance
good company to work
Power System Engineer protection engineer (Current Employee), Toronto ONAugust 30, 2014
Pros: good company
Challenging Job
Good Work Environment
Good Management
Higher Job Security
Too much over time hours unpaid as well
Senior Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unpaid overtime - not compensated
Great team with great co-workers and personality with excellent above and beyond skills and qualities which are left unappreciated by the management and are subject to constant critiques.
Unpaid overtime every second Saturday from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. and almost all weekends as there are changes to the server environment to be made constantly. Poorly – more... managed IT department. – less
One of the biggest EPCM companies in Canada
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2014
Pretty good place for work with every second Friday off and flexible working time.
Good pay , great lodgings, good food
sandwich lead (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 11, 2014
Pros: my own private room, free internet, free meals.free lodging, free transportation to and from ft mcmurray. i could save money and pay off debts.
Cons: missing familybut having internet was awesome so i could skype everyday and that made it easier.
A typical night at work ( I always worked the night shift) was preparing and making sandwiches for 1600 to 2900 people.It consisted of a lot of work but I enjoyed my job.I had to use up what I could from dinner leftovers for sandwiches, wraps , pizzas etc plus making the regular sandwiches. (ham/cheese, p. butter etc)
I also made up trays of sandwiches – more... for functions and meetings.
I learned that everyone has strengths but are different so I would put each person where they were strongest suited. I learned not only to to listen but to hear. I learned how to give constructive criticism
I didn't really have too much to do with management. I enjoyed my co workers except for the ones who didn't work as hard as everyone else. I believe in fairness. The hardest part of my job was seeing certain people abuse work in other areas...reported them but nothing was done about it at the time. That was frustrating. I loved being in camp and I was good at my job. I love working with people and I love being part of a team where the work is distributed evenly and each doing their share. That's what I did when i was lead.
The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling valued for the hard work that I did. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About SNC-Lavalin

Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the – Read more