SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A place to work
Electrical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: management
Many talented people work for this company, unfortunately the organizational structure is lacking. There is a glaring disconnect between management and the work force.

The majority of co-workers are capable professionals and loyal individuals.

The hardest part of the job is to find continuity and leadership from management.

The most enjoyable part is the interaction and support among co-workers.
Process Engineer in Training (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2015
- Learnt how oil & gas projects operate.
- First job out of school.
Great site experience
Cost Engineer (Former Employee), ExpatJanuary 19, 2015
It was a great learning experience with an experienced project team. The salary and allowances as an expat were very attractive.
Building Technician II (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: corporate vacation time / great benefits
Cons: long advancements
Great company to work for. If you are on a great team, you will be set for a great working atmosphere
A healthy and productive work environment.
Project Manager II (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility to work remotely
Cons: too much emphasis was put on the reporting and not on the quality and the delivery of the projects
Projects are typically of moderate to high complexity, risk and exposure.

My co-workers across the country deliver superior service to our client. My co-workers are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.

The hardest part of the job was the time spent on the mitigation and management of project risks.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Not a bad place to work
Administrative associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: understandable when it comes to needing time off to deal with your family
Cons: if you are not a favorite - you will be at the bottom of the list.
Management is awful... some of the managers don't know how to separate their home and work life.
Terrible Management
Administration (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJanuary 6, 2015
Always felt uneasy at work because although co-workers were great, the managers for SNC-Lavalin are awful. They don't know how to do their job and as a result, it makes for a very uncomfortable work setting. I don't miss the company as there's no stability within it. A good thing about SNC-Lavalin are the benefits they offer.
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security dependent on current project
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere.

Work is great, but dependent on projects.
Professional Engineers Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 12, 2014
Over 20th years experience as an electrical engineer in a variety of fields like: Mining & Metallurgy, Oil & Gas, Port and Marine. Experienced in planning, designing, calculating, coordinating and managing projects to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities with excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem. Solving skills and also communicate with client’s engineers to gain their trust and cooperation. Leadership skills and coordination with other disciplines, documentation skills, technicians and other team members from multiple disciplines.
Interesting Projects
Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: interesting projects
Cons: lack of job security, average pay and benefits
The company gives you the opportunity to work on interesting projects. The senior engineers are experienced and you can learn a lot from them. Unfortunately, the management is disorganized and has no vision. I would recommend it to a person that wants to gain some experience and than move on.
Don't work For this Company - Great colleagues, horrible management
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: worst management i ever worked with, bad pay for how hard you work
I worked for this company for 18 month and my colleagues were fantastic...company hires awful management in every aspect. Favouritism everywhere and even though the company shoves ethics information at you, nobody follows it at all. Very corrupt and unethical place to work. Stay away!!!!!
Motivating and Challenging
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 27, 2014
Working with the client was very challenging at times but with my good communication I was able to satisfy all their needs. At some point the client requested my name in particular to manage their projects ( new assignment) because they trusted me on achieving the time and budget that they allocated for that program
experience
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2014
- Extraction and validation data, using Enterprise One PeopleSoft, and Ms Access,
- Write all procedures and documents for all transactions,
- Make tests on PeopleSoft Enterprise One, to verify that the upgrades are done correctly,
- Verify with the public works of Canada technician all data submitted by SNC Lavalin,
- Verify and evaluate each project to decide if it’s profitable or not,
- Accept and upload data into PeopleSoft Enterprise One in accordance with the Statement of Work,
- Submit project related data to Public Works by the monthly deadline in XML format,
- Ensure data submission was successful and verify data is accurate,
- Reconcile all financial data pertaining to operations and projects,
- Compose and edit procedural and technical documentation in accordance with data that is required
Friendly and busy environment (on site)
Dessinateur / Technicien électrique (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecNovember 24, 2014
Consisted of harmonizing surveyed electrical components from underground subway systems (detailing of electrical rooms, lighting arrangements, fire protection, electrical services and auxiliary services and so forth) onto AutoCAD.

Design criteria's were submitted to me by the clients engineering and technical teams.

Establish demolition, existing and new construction drawings for futur or pending issues.

Dynamic group
Great place to work and very supportive environment
Piping Designer/ISO Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good mamagement and suppportive environment
Cons: shortage of work
Worked on Lump Sum Projects. Very supportive department manager and training opportunity. Great environment to work in, supportive team members. Despite being lump sum project, the challenge is great.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the day to day dealing with other disciplines and coordinating work with work share office (China)
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working in SNC Lavalin. Working environment is great. Lot of opportunities to learn new things.
Unprofessional
Candidate (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 4, 2014
They are very unprofessional. Sent 2 emails regarding "follow up's to outstanding items and zero response. Not even a curtesy email stating the obvious. If this is how they conduct their business, I want no part of it.
A good work inviroment with awesome gym
HVAC apprentice (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good place to work
learned lots about my trade
management was questionable at times
co-workers and overall atmosphere was great
hardest part of my job was the long shift work
enjoyed the people, experience and food
Good
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer In Training (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 23, 2014
Good place to work but with very low job security. Very helpful coworkers. Good opportunities of training and professional development.
A professional atmosphere where I practice my line of work.
Student Engineer (Former Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 17, 2014
A regular day at work, I would go in at 8am to check in than I would proceed to the construction site I was assigned. I would make regular walks through the site and make sure everything is in order and everything is done correctly. Some of the jobs that are completed I would have to check and make sure it is done correctly. Every company has its own rules and regulation, although most companies would have the same because they would have to follow the Canadian standards. What I mean by this is for example the amount of compaction the aggregate needs to be in order to place sidewalk cement over it, another example would be the amount of manholes and catch basins to have and their locations. My group of co-workers were great. Everyone was very nice and very easy to approach. I did not find my job difficult at all and I enjoyed my entire time working with SNC-Lavalin.

1 2 3 4 5

About SNC-Lavalin

Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the – Read more