SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: High premium on ethics
Cons: Nil
Excellent and very exciting place to work collaboratively with great management leading a great team. A high premium is placed on ethics for everyday business conduct. Management vision to become a tier-1 global engineering company well communicated through regular executive blogs. Great company!
My work with company was very short (6 months) due to a big loss of three big proposals, which created a low work load and a lot of lay-off.
Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Good professional engineers (on the group leader level)
Cons: Weak management, with less experienced managers, which determine a lot of loss in proposal area, and an unsafe workplace, pending of workload
Good work environment, good atmosphere, good professional people. Unfortunately, to much time spent in extra-social activity and less for professional development activity. Each professional leader, engineer, manager have to avoid the sintagma:
"for this project we need to use technical solution used by company in the past three (...) projects"
Each project is unique and the technology and equipment evolve.
Projects were exciting
AutoCAD Drafting Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Once the jobs done...you have to go on.
I've worked on just about every major aluminum smelter that was built in Quebec. I got to work with some of the engineering managers I've ever met. Learned some professional skills that only come with being and working with them - ethics, drive, commitment to excellence, doing a job beyond the norm. Great place to learn and grow.
Good workplace but no stability at all
Engineering Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Flexible hours, no stress while working, opportunity to grow skills, nice HR policies, benefits, etc.

Only concern is no stability at all, when you are busy on projects, all seems to be more than fine, but any bad news can reverse the things in no time.

Management should be more responsive while making decisions on terminations. Sometimes they take such a decision that they tend to terminate well skilled resources and retain resources having few or no relevant skills.

However overall this company is quite good to work with.
Company is not focus on result but politics only
Corporate Global Category Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Employees, Pay grade, Canadian success, great tools
Cons: Badly manage, Confused, no guidance
Management was focus on bringing more control over theirs projects in the past 3 years and was working very hard to do so thru Corporate measures and guidance. The new management decided to return to the "old ways" of each project managing there own interest without cross project synergy and corporate guidance. A complete 180 degree.
Great company to work for enjoyed working with all the staff.
Administrative Services (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2016
I enjoyed the work I did at SNC, I did various jobs there so received a lot of experience. Due to the Oil industry changes I unfortunately was laid off but I would go back to work with them in an instant. I liked the people there and and the clients that they dealt with.
Good Working Environment
Layout Designer/Smart3D Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Good Compensation
Cons: Job security
Learning experience was good. Learned about the mining industry from senior designers/engineers. Management was informative about the current situation of the project. My co-workers are the best team I worked with in the project
Good company with good salary and benefits package.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
I basically handled A/P for the last 16 years at SNC.Lavalin.
For the recent five years I processed utility bills for all the Bank of Montreal branches across the country. I found SNC.Lavalin as a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.
Good benefits, great people
Project Expeditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
Pros: Gym, people, events, benefits
Cons: No work
There was amazing opportunity for advancement when I started, the people were great. Lots of events, whether company driven or individuals arranged them.
Good benefits and the company is big on working with your work/life balance.
A full EPC firm with opportunities to learn and grow
Senior Cost Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Reviewing of estimates, budget and schedule information

Updating of forecasts and cost flow reports

Conduct daily reviews of purchase orders invoices

Update cost and performance information in cost and accounting systems

Co-workers are very co-operative
I love and enjoy to work at SNC Lavalin in a diverse environment where every body works in a team environment with dignity and respect.
SENIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at SNC Lavalin where all the employees respect each other. Work in a cohesive team environment, share knowledge thru internal workshops. Supervisors provide guidance and appreciate the hard work of their employees. All these factors contribute to the success of this company and satisfaction of the clients.
Tenant Services
Tenant Services Coordinator II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Flexiblilty
Cons: Doesn't always stand up for employees against difficult clients.
A typical work day for me would be manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
In my past roles, I have improved my communication and problem-solving skills.
I have some management skills, and ensure coordinating groups o people to accomplish the same goals.
I have an outgoing and friendly personality and enjoy working with a variety of different co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when there is unresolved conflict that managemenDt did not manage quickly.
A very diverse and technology-based environment
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, great benefits, coworkers were nice
Cons: no work position security
In the typical work day at SNC, it would be necessary to transmit documents between engineers/vendors/clients. It was a difficult task to get all parties to synchronize with approval systems and making sure the correct health and safety personnel were involved with the correct project/drawings; so once a drawing was finally fully approved and able to be archived it was a fulfilling moment. I find enjoyment in finishing tedious projects that require lots of detail-orientation. I am incredibly organized so that is always a definite benefit for me, because I am always trying to be as efficient as possible.

If you want to work in a Mad Men environment this is the place for you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Good retirement plan
Cons: No respect from Directors
The directors I would work for were men with little view of women.

I got little respect and we are basically considered like our opinion doesnt matter.

You can see a net difference between the directors and the employees who do not have a big title.

I decided to leave because the company was beginning to be unstable and most of us felt like we were working in a prison.

Best decision! I am now working at a company that allows growth and the managers respect the opinions of everyone whether it be an Admin assistant or a Manager.

Also the salary is not something that you can live off.
Good place to work and gain experience
Area Lead Steam Generation Unit (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2016
Worked with very experienced and senior engineers. Good working environment, get full support from the seniors when needed. Good job work/life balance and good benefits.
Productive and friendly employees.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Long Hours
The company helps me elevate my position from project coordinator to field engineer. Give more opportunity to learn new ideas, concepts and construction techniques.
great place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee), montrealMarch 8, 2016
Pros: dynamic environment
Cons: none!
nice place to work, greatest job I ever had. it's a corporation that really takes care of its employees
I dont have much more to say, if you have any questions please contact me directly
Friendly Enviorment
SR. Layout Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Totally Professional
Cons: free hours
Very friendly, supportive staff, as well as healthy environments, Love to go work and learn new things everyday. Good personal benefits. Financial as well as carrere gro company.
Employee oriented company
Project Manager (Current Employee), CALGARY, ALBERTAApril 11, 2016
Good company to work with. Full support from higher management on decisions.

Frequent changes in higher management leading to more efforts rquired from project managers
Great place to work.
Mechanical Piping Designer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Learned a lot
Cons: None.
Really enjoyed working there, would love to go back.
And all, are team players. Fast and exciting. Loved what I was designing , with the mining and metal team.