SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Position in NL both management & collegues were extremely helpful & supportive.
SENIOR EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 August 2017
I was hired in Calgary, AB on contract but agreed to become permanent within a year. A position became available in St. John's, NL shortly afterwards & as I'm from NL, I requested consideration. It was agreed that I would be on loan for two years. This was extended to three years.
A typical day was always busy. I learned how to participate/conduct meetings with Suppliers. Even though it was a fast paced environment everyone there, management included were very helpful & friendly.
The hardest part of the job was keeping on top of manufacturing, inspection & transportation schedules to ensure on time deliveries. Learning about the equipment requirements for a new industry - Power.
Best part was renewing old friendships & making new ones.
Pros
Being a part of a great project
Cons
Having to leave wheen my term was completed.
Fast pace, project-based
Process Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2017
Typical engineering firm. Very busy when there is a project. Can be long hours. Job satisfaction depends on the project and the project team assembled.
espace de travail sain et productif
Technicienne en mécanique du bâtiment (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2017
Le Coordonnatrice à l’expédition doit gèrre les activités reliées à la distribution et aux agents distributeurs d'un secteur et ce, en travaillant en étroite collaboration avec les départements de la production, de l'expédition et des ventes. Il entretient des relations d'affaires axées sur la profitabilité des parties prenantes avec les agents distributeurs. Plus précisément, on doit collabore à différents projets logistiques et génère l'innovation; configure le réseau de distribution en fonction des objectifs du département et en assure le suivi périodiquement; analyser et filtrer les résultats obtenus de son secteur afin de les présenter aux agents distributeurs (pénalités retours, analyse palettes, caisses vides, revues d'affaires, etc.)
Good workplace
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2017
Pros
Different roles to learn from, strong management, great co-workers and workplace. Good salary and benefits

Cons
No job security
Poor career progression.
A place to learn a lot
Transportation Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
As long as you are self-motivated, you will learn a lot. The supervisors are extremely nice and at the same time the working environment is professional.
Great Place
Manager, Facility and Tenant Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Great company to work for. Looking at advancing with SNC. If you have forgotten your Bell account's password, you can ask your manager or a colleague who reports to that manager to first reset your Bell account (generating a temporary password) that you can then change with the previous link.
Good company to work for
Assitant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
very diverse company with lots of opportunities to advance and to move from one department to another. Good benefits and work life balance. Job security is not as good.
Wide range of engineering experience
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 June 2017
There are so much to learn here, the company offers a very wide range of engineering service. People are very helpful, even a top manager will voluntarily explain things to the lowest rank employee.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not so high salary for the beginners
Management-heavy organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Decent salaries and benefits packages for all employees, but the top-heavy management levels of this organization leads to a bureaucratic web that takes 6 layers of approval to get anything done. While some of that can't be helped with such a large international organization, even during the current harsh economic times they have retained an inordinate amount of VPs/execs despite a significant reduction in the regular employee base that actually conducts the work.

Workplace culture can also be a tad divisive at times, with more efforts required on inter-discipline coordination / team-building. The hardest part of the job is maintaining 100% billable hours during the harsh economic times when client project budgets are scant and lay-offs abound.
Pros
Flex time, Deferred Profit Sharing Program
Cons
extensive bureacracy, stringent billable hours requirements
Superb mentor in the Structural Department
Junior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
in my 4 years of experience, i enjoyed superb mentorship from one of the best structural engineers in Canada. My mentor was able to guide me through a wide variety of projects with rapidly increasing independence. The projection for professional growth is immense. The work environment is professional, friendly and safe.
Don't like the HR
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2017
I had been severely harassed, touched, by a co-worker and they grilled me like I was the guilty party. I did not like the way they handled it. They did not keep it confidential.
Pros
Some Fun co workers
Cons
Poor training, poor HR
Very good place to work.Over many years of experience with SNC I have very good feeling about this Company
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2017
Excellent Company with good benefits,friendly environment.Possibilities of working in the field and overseas.Very good management team.
I started as a Junior Engineer and became Lead Engineer in a very short time.
Hard work is very much appreciated and rewarded by the Company.
Pros
Flexible hours, many different kinds of jobs possible within the Company
Cons
Too big Company.Sometimes not too personal
Love cooking
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 June 2017
This is a Oil Sand in fort Mcmurray base camp , we use to fide 4500. people in this camp , now we serve 1000--- 1200 people , its a grate Camp . very friendly staff. soo fan to work hare.
good
Deputy Engineering Manager, El-Halassa Project (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
a good company to get exciting engineering fill. They have projects in mining, nuclear, transportation, power and many other exciting fields. Work is complex and high quality. If you want to be a hard core engineer SNC is it
Pros
very large projects in canada
Cons
currently very slow in mining
Admin Assistant
Admin (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 May 2017
Full time employment. Very busy position. A typical day was spent doing computer work reviewing various and preparing contracts. The hardest part was way too much work as the company could not keep Managers.
Pros
Working in a courthouse was educational.
Cons
Not enough help.
Great Place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2017
I was there for almost 2 years, and I truly enjoyed the various job tasks that had been given to me. If it wasn't for the fact of moving to Toronto because of my change of marital status, I would have stayed at the company.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Cons
Great
Quality Assurance Site Lead/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan18 May 2017
Great company to work for people were all good, lots of laughs. I don't exactly know why indeed forces people to do this. If you don't like the job quit it's that simple.
Très bien.
Spécialiste en formation et démarrage de projets (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2017
Environnement professionnel. Collaboration et travail d'équipe!
Professionalisme et respect.
QA QC Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2017
Pour des défies hors du commun et un environnement de travail stimulant.
You get out what you put in
Buyer, Projects (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2017
- Rewarding work place if you are willing to commit and to take and active role.
- Disciplines can tend to work in siloes with no strong effort from management to encourage increased collaborative work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval