SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company to work
Power System Engineer protection engineer (Current Employee), Toronto ONAugust 30, 2014
Pros: good company
Challenging Job
Good Work Environment
Good Management
Higher Job Security
Too much over time hours unpaid as well
Senior Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unpaid overtime - not compensated
Great team with great co-workers and personality with excellent above and beyond skills and qualities which are left unappreciated by the management and are subject to constant critiques.
Unpaid overtime every second Saturday from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. and almost all weekends as there are changes to the server environment to be made constantly. Poorly – more... managed IT department. – less
One of the biggest EPCM companies in Canada
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2014
Pretty good place for work with every second Friday off and flexible working time.
Good pay , great lodgings, good food
sandwich lead (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 11, 2014
Pros: my own private room, free internet, free meals.free lodging, free transportation to and from ft mcmurray. i could save money and pay off debts.
Cons: missing familybut having internet was awesome so i could skype everyday and that made it easier.
A typical night at work ( I always worked the night shift) was preparing and making sandwiches for 1600 to 2900 people.It consisted of a lot of work but I enjoyed my job.I had to use up what I could from dinner leftovers for sandwiches, wraps , pizzas etc plus making the regular sandwiches. (ham/cheese, p. butter etc)
I also made up trays of sandwiches – more... for functions and meetings.
I learned that everyone has strengths but are different so I would put each person where they were strongest suited. I learned not only to to listen but to hear. I learned how to give constructive criticism
I didn't really have too much to do with management. I enjoyed my co workers except for the ones who didn't work as hard as everyone else. I believe in fairness. The hardest part of my job was seeing certain people abuse work in other areas...reported them but nothing was done about it at the time. That was frustrating. I loved being in camp and I was good at my job. I love working with people and I love being part of a team where the work is distributed evenly and each doing their share. That's what I did when i was lead.
The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling valued for the hard work that I did. – less
Awesome colleagues, poor management
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: lunch & learn and friendly workmates
Cons: unprofessional management
I enjoyed my 2yrs at SNC Lavalin T&D but my 3rd year was awful with very poor new management and no guidance.
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 27, 2014
Professional work place
Senior Civil/Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
Large corporation with multi dicipline work force.
Limited traing
multi level of management
Co worker interation is best
Supportive management and co staff
Productive and creative job environment
P&C Technical Professional (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2014
Good management, creative and fun workplace.
Efficient organizational load distribution.
Bad place
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: culture
Lived on the road in hotels. Terrible work/life balance. No personal boundaries. They will call and text you at all hours on your days off. Well known for mistreating people.
Good company to work for but seems a little disorganized in my division
Building Technician IV (Current Employee), Toronto ONMay 5, 2014
- Respond to service calls
- Create monthly building audits
- Respond to all facility alarms
great place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 4, 2014
Pros: camp living
Cons: being away from home
the work here is never boring because it is something different each day
Productive enjoyable place of work
Building Maintenance (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 30, 2014
Pros: everybody works as a team
Every morning I am greeted with a very friendly, Good Morning, and throughout the day the support of the team members is there. Each employee has there own routine and when part of the team isn't up to the challenge that particular day the rest of the team helps out. The best part of the day is being greeted an communicating with the tenants of the – more... buildings.All building issues that arise in a typical day are dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible. – less
SNC Lavalin is one of the leading engineering companies where i had the opporutnity to experience what EPCM is all about.
Intermediate Cost Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 24, 2014
Pros: flexible office hours
Cons: different clients
I had a wonderful and fruitful years with SNC. My co-workers were easy to get along with and we worked as a team. I was involved in project control activities and i had the opportunity to go back in Saudi Arabia to work when the Saudi Aramco project was scheduled for construction. In October, 2011, i decided to push through with the plan of an early – more... retirement. This is the hardest part because i have enjoyed working with the whole project team for many years. I really appreciated the gesture of my project manager to contact him if ever i want to come back to work. After 9 months (July, 2012), he hired me as a part time employee which last until Jan. 2013. – less
Project manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 10, 2014
Very exciting place to work, the people are great to work with.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant to Director PMO (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: unstable environment
Great place to work unfortunately the company grew this division too fast and due to lack of work was laid off.
Good company to work for
Buyer, Transmission & Distribution (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2014
Pros: learning ambiance, opportunity to develop skills
Cons: more effective human resources department is required
Good company to work for, you're able to move up quick in the company if you work hard.
Same as previous
Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2014
A typical day at work involves interacting with lots of engineers, designers and drafters at the office and vendors and sub vendors to complete engineering deliverables.

Co-workers are really supportive and help each other out with deadlines. Hardest part of the job is trying to meet deadlines while not losing out on the quality.
Snc Guest Service Attendant
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 22, 2014
The management was terrible. Co-Workers were amazing and were the only thing that kept me there. Very fast passed environment. over worked and under paid.
productive and fun workplace
Civil/Structural Engineer-SNC LAVALIN, Canada (Former Employee), calgary,AlbertaJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: co ordial environment
Cons: long hour
learned structural design
coworkers are good
team work
co ordial environment
Long hour
Lots of opportunity when the economy is good
Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2014
If the economy is going well, things are popping.

As soon as it slows down, expect to be shown the door.

1 2 3 4 5

About SNC-Lavalin

Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the – Read more