SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very structured
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee), Port Moody, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Not a bad experience considering how massive the Evergreen project is. The on site leadership team was top notch, I would do it all over again for sure.
Good workplace but no stability at all
Engineering Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Flexible hours, no stress while working, opportunity to grow skills, nice HR policies, benefits, etc.

Only concern is no stability at all, when you are busy on projects, all seems to be more than fine, but any bad news can reverse the things in no time.

Management should be more responsive while making decisions on terminations. Sometimes they take such a decision that they tend to terminate well skilled resources and retain resources having few or no relevant skills.

However overall this company is quite good to work with.
A full EPC firm with opportunities to learn and grow
Senior Cost Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Reviewing of estimates, budget and schedule information

Updating of forecasts and cost flow reports

Conduct daily reviews of purchase orders invoices

Update cost and performance information in cost and accounting systems

Co-workers are very co-operative
Long time employee
Piping Design Drafting (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at SNC for a total of 4 + years. Was a great place to work and received many years of experience working on projects for multiple clients.

Workdays were fast pace and project driven.
Company is not focus on result but politics only
Corporate Global Category Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Employees, Pay grade, Canadian success, great tools
Cons: Badly manage, Confused, no guidance
Management was focus on bringing more control over theirs projects in the past 3 years and was working very hard to do so thru Corporate measures and guidance. The new management decided to return to the "old ways" of each project managing there own interest without cross project synergy and corporate guidance. A complete 180 degree.
Friendly Enviorment
SR. Layout Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Totally Professional
Cons: free hours
Very friendly, supportive staff, as well as healthy environments, Love to go work and learn new things everyday. Good personal benefits. Financial as well as carrere gro company.
very large network and many platforms
Network / Citrix Analyst level 2-3 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2016
great colleagues and very knowledgeable staff
many platforms and good benefits
over 40000 employees
in over 100 countries
Productive, helpful co-workers
Junior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: good wage
Cons: office politics
I loved working at SNC Lavalin.
Fast paced
Deadline driven workplace.
Cooperative and helpful co-workers.
Very professional
Enjoyable work place
Good safety work culture
Good work culture
Electrical Commissioning Tech (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 26, 2015
Enjoyable work place. Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. Good safety work culture among all. Fun work place with supportive management.
Unsecure Work Environment
Commercial Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
While the company is dealing with its past Bribery issues, the company still has a long way to go with other issues and just one item is winning new work.
I love and enjoy to work at SNC Lavalin in a diverse environment where every body works in a team environment with dignity and respect.
SENIOR PLANNER/SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at SNC Lavalin where all the employees respect each other. Work in a cohesive team environment, share knowledge thru internal workshops. Supervisors provide guidance and appreciate the hard work of their employees. All these factors contribute to the success of this company and satisfaction of the clients.
Very professional but fast pace
Smart Plant Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Helpful management and coworkers
Cons: Rusing projects
Very professional. Fast pace. Too fast execussion of projects. No time to focus on details. Very helpful management and coworkers.
Differnet company
Safety Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Various projects
Cons: Office politics are running wide.
This company has many different areas and it seems that no two areas speak to each other. It has many interesting projects but other areas bring it down.
it was a job
Power Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2015
Pros: job
Cons: working among inmates
maintain 14 buildings in a correctional facility setting, boiler readings, HVAC repairs and maintenance. maintained courthouse and other out buildings with old equipment, no upgrades done for decades.
Great work environment
Coordonnatrice de voyage senior (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2015
SNC Lavalin is a very professional organization that offers a great work environment and employee benefits. Personal growth is top of mind when working for SNC Lavalin,
Tenant Services
Tenant Services Coordinator II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Flexiblilty
Cons: Doesn't always stand up for employees against difficult clients.
A typical work day for me would be manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
In my past roles, I have improved my communication and problem-solving skills.
I have some management skills, and ensure coordinating groups o people to accomplish the same goals.
I have an outgoing and friendly personality and enjoy working with a variety of different co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when there is unresolved conflict that managemenDt did not manage quickly.
A very diverse and technology-based environment
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, great benefits, coworkers were nice
Cons: no work position security
In the typical work day at SNC, it would be necessary to transmit documents between engineers/vendors/clients. It was a difficult task to get all parties to synchronize with approval systems and making sure the correct health and safety personnel were involved with the correct project/drawings; so once a drawing was finally fully approved and able to be archived it was a fulfilling moment. I find enjoyment in finishing tedious projects that require lots of detail-orientation. I am incredibly organized so that is always a definite benefit for me, because I am always trying to be as efficient as possible.

Productive work place
Project Procurement Manager - (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2015
7-10 hrs per day.
Learned professionalism and working with clients

Constant management change environment

Coworkers are competitive

Some are amazing

Most enjoyable part of the job, accomplishing the task, and seeing the job being constructed
It helped me to build confidence.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
I had a chance to grow by changing and improving by interacting people with huge expertise in their own field. There is always professional help in case of need.
If you want to work in a Mad Men environment this is the place for you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Good retirement plan
Cons: No respect from Directors
The directors I would work for were men with little view of women.

I got little respect and we are basically considered like our opinion doesnt matter.

You can see a net difference between the directors and the employees who do not have a big title.

I decided to leave because the company was beginning to be unstable and most of us felt like we were working in a prison.

Best decision! I am now working at a company that allows growth and the managers respect the opinions of everyone whether it be an Admin assistant or a Manager.

Also the salary is not something that you can live off.