SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good Working Environment
Layout Designer/Smart3D Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Good Compensation
Cons: Job security
Learning experience was good. Learned about the mining industry from senior designers/engineers. Management was informative about the current situation of the project. My co-workers are the best team I worked with in the project
Good workplace but no stability at all
Engineering Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Flexible hours, no stress while working, opportunity to grow skills, nice HR policies, benefits, etc.

Only concern is no stability at all, when you are busy on projects, all seems to be more than fine, but any bad news can reverse the things in no time.

Management should be more responsive while making decisions on terminations. Sometimes they take such a decision that they tend to terminate well skilled resources and retain resources having few or no relevant skills.

However overall this company is quite good to work with.
My work with company was very short (6 months) due to a big loss of three big proposals, which created a low work load and a lot of lay-off.
Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Good professional engineers (on the group leader level)
Cons: Weak management, with less experienced managers, which determine a lot of loss in proposal area, and an unsafe workplace, pending of workload
Good work environment, good atmosphere, good professional people. Unfortunately, to much time spent in extra-social activity and less for professional development activity. Each professional leader, engineer, manager have to avoid the sintagma:
"for this project we need to use technical solution used by company in the past three (...) projects"
Each project is unique and the technology and equipment evolve.
Good place to work and gain experience
Area Lead Steam Generation Unit (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2016
Worked with very experienced and senior engineers. Good working environment, get full support from the seniors when needed. Good job work/life balance and good benefits.
Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: High premium on ethics
Cons: Nil
Excellent and very exciting place to work collaboratively with great management leading a great team. A high premium is placed on ethics for everyday business conduct. Management vision to become a tier-1 global engineering company well communicated through regular executive blogs. Great company!
A very diverse and technology-based environment
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, great benefits, coworkers were nice
Cons: no work position security
In the typical work day at SNC, it would be necessary to transmit documents between engineers/vendors/clients. It was a difficult task to get all parties to synchronize with approval systems and making sure the correct health and safety personnel were involved with the correct project/drawings; so once a drawing was finally fully approved and able to be archived it was a fulfilling moment. I find enjoyment in finishing tedious projects that require lots of detail-orientation. I am incredibly organized so that is always a definite benefit for me, because I am always trying to be as efficient as possible.

Company is not focus on result but politics only
Corporate Global Category Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Employees, Pay grade, Canadian success, great tools
Cons: Badly manage, Confused, no guidance
Management was focus on bringing more control over theirs projects in the past 3 years and was working very hard to do so thru Corporate measures and guidance. The new management decided to return to the "old ways" of each project managing there own interest without cross project synergy and corporate guidance. A complete 180 degree.
Productive work place
Project Procurement Manager - (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2015
7-10 hrs per day.
Learned professionalism and working with clients

Constant management change environment

Coworkers are competitive

Some are amazing

Most enjoyable part of the job, accomplishing the task, and seeing the job being constructed
Good work culture
Electrical Commissioning Tech (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 26, 2015
Enjoyable work place. Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. Good safety work culture among all. Fun work place with supportive management.
If you want to work in a Mad Men environment this is the place for you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Good retirement plan
Cons: No respect from Directors
The directors I would work for were men with little view of women.

I got little respect and we are basically considered like our opinion doesnt matter.

You can see a net difference between the directors and the employees who do not have a big title.

I decided to leave because the company was beginning to be unstable and most of us felt like we were working in a prison.

Best decision! I am now working at a company that allows growth and the managers respect the opinions of everyone whether it be an Admin assistant or a Manager.

Also the salary is not something that you can live off.
Tenant Services
Tenant Services Coordinator II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Flexiblilty
Cons: Doesn't always stand up for employees against difficult clients.
A typical work day for me would be manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
In my past roles, I have improved my communication and problem-solving skills.
I have some management skills, and ensure coordinating groups o people to accomplish the same goals.
I have an outgoing and friendly personality and enjoy working with a variety of different co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when there is unresolved conflict that managemenDt did not manage quickly.
Productive and friendly employees.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Long Hours
The company helps me elevate my position from project coordinator to field engineer. Give more opportunity to learn new ideas, concepts and construction techniques.
Great work environment
Coordonnatrice de voyage senior (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2015
SNC Lavalin is a very professional organization that offers a great work environment and employee benefits. Personal growth is top of mind when working for SNC Lavalin,
Great place to work with a flexible, reliable and experienced team
Civil specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: an environment where employees are comfortable sharing concerns and successes
Excellent work place with good supportive management. The company give the opportunity to balance work and life by allowing working flexible hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The pleasant multicultural environment help a lot to grow professionally as well as personally. Each project require his own specific team. Variety of projects and tasks ranging from the monotonous to developing new ideas or strategies were challenging and exciting.
Great company to work for
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: n/a
Great benefits
There's a big room for career growth
Management is always on point
A great working environment
HR staffs are always helpful when you need help
Excellent job culture and work life balance
Friendly Enviorment
SR. Layout Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Totally Professional
Cons: free hours
Very friendly, supportive staff, as well as healthy environments, Love to go work and learn new things everyday. Good personal benefits. Financial as well as carrere gro company.
Great projects, good functional management and project management
Director (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Good technical skill set.
Cons: Job security
SNC has delivered some fantastic projects.

Regional Project Directorship and Functional Management is knowledgeable, experienced and makes things happen.
very large network and many platforms
Network / Citrix Analyst level 2-3 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2016
great colleagues and very knowledgeable staff
many platforms and good benefits
over 40000 employees
in over 100 countries
Loved to work there
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Professional grow and mentoring
Cons: Lay off due to lack of projects
As the big company SNC-Lavalin is, the possibilities of not stop learning and growing professionally were enormous.
The job environment was the best, everybody was open to teach you something new to help you to grow what made enjoyable go to work every day.
I had not only an excellent boss, but also an excellent mentor.
This job let me to apply the management skills from my master and also let me continue learning and improving them with courses at their Project Management school.
The hardest part of my job was to leave because of lack of projects.
Productive, helpful co-workers
Junior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: good wage
Cons: office politics
I loved working at SNC Lavalin.
Fast paced
Deadline driven workplace.
Cooperative and helpful co-workers.
Very professional