SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

An extremelly motivating work place where you have a lot of fun working
Inspection Coordinator,Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, Nunavik, Mauritania1 December 2016
A company which gave me the chance to prove what I am capable to do as a hard working guy,a company where I succeeded to achieve my goals in learning each new aspect of each position I held, to acomplish all my taks and finding all the time solutions for each kind of problems occured
Great Workplace
Manager of Project Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
Great company with great people. Interesting work and a large group of excellent resources to access for career development.
Good management but salary doesn't match with the high living expenses.
Intermediate Civil Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 November 2016
There are many kind people working in the group, and I am appreciated working with them. I learned to embrace everyone's opinion and try not to discourage their effort. Managers are very kind-hearted people, they will listen to employee's development needs. There are many coworkers that are very helpful when I ask questions. And when they encountered difficulties, I always help them back. The hardest part of the job will be maintaining my life quality with the salary that I got, I can barely pay my bills, the supervisor mentions that they cannot control how much employee got, only HR can decide how much employee can get. HR doesn't understand how difficult the employee's low pay affecting their live quality, and they will always cut down the increase of salary. No matter how much effort the employee is putting towards company's development. The most enjoyable part of the job are I can help with other coworkers to solve their technical problem and they appreciated my help. Also I am able to learn new drafting technique with company approved program.
Pros
Learning Opportunities, good managers, very friendly people
Cons
Low pay that doesn't match with high living expenses
The projects are good to work on just the company is not good or management
Health Safety and Environment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
Working there over 10 years and they upright and get rid of a lot of people anyone that was doing their job the slackers get kept and they are very judgemental on nationalities especially in western Canada and Atlantic Canada. There is no advancement and their human resource people are not good to deal with. This company prays on the disadvantaged. The top management are good but the middle and lower management are bad and the top management are not able to keep an eye on every project and project management. Seen a lot of people come and go while I worked there some even hurting big time for work and watched management lay them off and keep people who were not even doing there work because they kept there groupees
Pros
Like the projects
Cons
Terrible mismanaged company
Fun WorkPlace
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2016
Working at Snc- Lavalin was a great experience for me, I learned a lot of valuable skills. I love what I did, People work hard and are successful.
Very stressful situation
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2016
Management was unprofessional and ignorant. Going to work was extremely stressful as you judged how you day was going to go depending on the greeting from the manager each morning. Most days the manager was nasty, negative, condesending and a micro manager who should never have been in the position of property manager. Property Manager interference with project management caused undue stress and anger from the staff involved. The most enjoyable part of the day was looking forward to going home to a peaceful setting.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Management
summary
Power engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2016
building manager, been here for almost 3 years taking care of tenant spaces , dealing with tenants and budgeting projects from boilers to chillers to roof repairs, to asphalt projects. making sure mechanical room and tenats are in good order.
Great atmosphere
ISO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2016
People are their best asset as they are always willing to help and help you succeed. Company with a lot of opportunities and if you are willing to work hard, you will be given the opportunity.
Team Environment
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 October 2016
Organized, Functional and overall well balanced place to work. Good international opportunities if you are willing to take them
Great team work
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
They had great leader ship and mentoring programs. Acomplished a lot as a team. I have worked in construction for many years yet had not built a light rail transit system before. The supervisors and the senoir experienced members of the team showed us step by step how to efficiently and safly accomplish the tasks at hand. I would work for them again for sure.
Pros
Felt like a member of the team
Cons
Short term employment
My best years working in the field was at SNC-Lavalin
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 October 2016
I was given great opportunities for advancement and growth. Unfortunately, the management was lacking which created some challenges to the success of the company.
Highly professional and quality oriented
Field Quality Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Enjoyed working with company and learned about HVDC Power line construction.
The work environment was very friendly with lots of scope of learning and different kinds of training for development with company.
Site Job living in work camp
Cost Control Specialist/Site Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jansen, SK20 October 2016
Working at a construction site and living in camp is a different experience that is not for everyone. The isolation of such a job is often the hardest part of the job but sometimes it can be one of the best parts of the job. Working and living in such close quarters with your co-workers you soon learn a lot about them and often some strong bonds are formed. Usually the camaraderie among co-workers makes for a great work environment.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
isolation
Good people in a productive and professional environment.
Western RegionProject Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Hired on a contractual basis that was to evolve into a permanent position before the project was cancelled by the client for reasons unrelated to performance by the company or team. Great job and coworkers.
Challenging and interesting projects
Intermediate Plant Layout and Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Very good place to work at. The company provides flexible work schedule and good incentive. Very interesting and challenging work environment and supportive leads.
no comment
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
I would rather not comment. I dont feel I can say anything that is not known about this company especially from those who have worked there
Good experience and reputable projects
Document Control Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
I enjoyed my work experience at SNC Lavalin Edmonton office. I worked on numerous reputable projects and with several professional and experienced teams in all disciplines.
Pros
Worldwide company
Cons
Edmonton Office reduced staff
Good benefits and Great Co-workers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 August 2016
I really enjoyed getting to know my colleagues at SNC-Lavalin. They became family after a short while and I knew I was lucky to work at SNC.

The office environment isn't the fanciest, but it's quite casual in the office and everyone is friendly.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Pay is just average
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 July 2016
Generally a quite place to work. Co-workers are great but don't mingle with each other too much. Company culture is good.
A good place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
Good place to work and build a career but with no long term job security. Very friendly co-workers and management. Company provides basic benefits.