SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Very stressful situation
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2016
Management was unprofessional and ignorant. Going to work was extremely stressful as you judged how you day was going to go depending on the greeting from the manager each morning. Most days the manager was nasty, negative, condesending and a micro manager who should never have been in the position of property manager. Property Manager interference with project management caused undue stress and anger from the staff involved. The most enjoyable part of the day was looking forward to going home to a peaceful setting.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Site Job living in work camp
Cost Control Specialist/Site Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jansen, SK20 October 2016
Working at a construction site and living in camp is a different experience that is not for everyone. The isolation of such a job is often the hardest part of the job but sometimes it can be one of the best parts of the job. Working and living in such close quarters with your co-workers you soon learn a lot about them and often some strong bonds are formed. Usually the camaraderie among co-workers makes for a great work environment.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
isolation
Great team work
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
They had great leader ship and mentoring programs. Acomplished a lot as a team. I have worked in construction for many years yet had not built a light rail transit system before. The supervisors and the senoir experienced members of the team showed us step by step how to efficiently and safly accomplish the tasks at hand. I would work for them again for sure.
Pros
Felt like a member of the team
Cons
Short term employment
An extremelly motivating work place where you have a lot of fun working
Inspection Coordinator,Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, Nunavik, Mauritania1 December 2016
A company which gave me the chance to prove what I am capable to do as a hard working guy,a company where I succeeded to achieve my goals in learning each new aspect of each position I held, to acomplish all my taks and finding all the time solutions for each kind of problems occured
The projects are good to work on just the company is not good or management
Health Safety and Environment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
Working there over 10 years and they upright and get rid of a lot of people anyone that was doing their job the slackers get kept and they are very judgemental on nationalities especially in western Canada and Atlantic Canada. There is no advancement and their human resource people are not good to deal with. This company prays on the disadvantaged. The top management are good but the middle and lower management are bad and the top management are not able to keep an eye on every project and project management. Seen a lot of people come and go while I worked there some even hurting big time for work and watched management lay them off and keep people who were not even doing there work because they kept there groupees
Pros
Like the projects
Cons
Terrible mismanaged company
Good people in a productive and professional environment.
Western RegionProject Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
Hired on a contractual basis that was to evolve into a permanent position before the project was cancelled by the client for reasons unrelated to performance by the company or team. Great job and coworkers.
Highly professional and quality oriented
Field Quality Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
Enjoyed working with company and learned about HVDC Power line construction.
The work environment was very friendly with lots of scope of learning and different kinds of training for development with company.
Good benefits and Great Co-workers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 August 2016
I really enjoyed getting to know my colleagues at SNC-Lavalin. They became family after a short while and I knew I was lucky to work at SNC.

The office environment isn't the fanciest, but it's quite casual in the office and everyone is friendly.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Pay is just average
Good experience and reputable projects
Document Control Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
I enjoyed my work experience at SNC Lavalin Edmonton office. I worked on numerous reputable projects and with several professional and experienced teams in all disciplines.
Pros
Worldwide company
Cons
Edmonton Office reduced staff
summary
Power engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2016
building manager, been here for almost 3 years taking care of tenant spaces , dealing with tenants and budgeting projects from boilers to chillers to roof repairs, to asphalt projects. making sure mechanical room and tenats are in good order.
SNC is a great place to utilize your talents to their potential.
Manager Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
SNC management has one of the best perspectives on property management HSE expectations and methodologies delivering added value of service to its clients.

Unlike some companies, SNC management walks the talk with senior management engaging employees with executives personally performing safety activities, and holding their top team accountable for safety performance.

SNC has a large HSE contingent and a well developed HSE program. Their RFQ claims about safety expectations highly align with what they do.

I am proud to have worked there.
Pros
Management engagement theme, "we care"
Cons
Client contracts can impact employment.
good company
SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
good to work in this place, I learned a lot in new designing fields
a lot of experienced engineers and technician, amazing IT.
Very good relations between coworkers.
Pros
learning lunches, help from more expirenced
secure job
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB2 June 2016
routine included facility maintenance of 14 federal government buildings.
achieved my FMC accreditation while working onsite.
co-workers were a pleasure to work with, management was cordial.
job came with some risk considering the site.
management was open to changes to make our tasks easier and would make the clients happier as well.
Pros
monday to friday with minimal on call
cons
Challenging and interesting projects
Intermediate Plant Layout and Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2016
Very good place to work at. The company provides flexible work schedule and good incentive. Very interesting and challenging work environment and supportive leads.
My best years working in the field was at SNC-Lavalin
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 October 2016
I was given great opportunities for advancement and growth. Unfortunately, the management was lacking which created some challenges to the success of the company.
Great company,
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2016
a great company with professional and friendly people, learned process and procedures everyday. Only it was bad that the project was ended too soon, all the team members were relocated or left this company.
Great atmosphere
ISO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2016
People are their best asset as they are always willing to help and help you succeed. Company with a lot of opportunities and if you are willing to work hard, you will be given the opportunity.
We were like family
Cleaning jobs, kitchen jobs (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 May 2016
I was with a big family we used to work as a team, we used to encourage each other, to advice each other, I learn more at SNC Lavalin , They always told as to work together as a family, to help each other. I was in the healthy environment. I still miss my team. There was nothing hard, I was enjoyed each and every minute.
Pros
free meals
Cons
I liked very much the working ambiance in SNC-Lavalin.
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  world wide6 May 2016
As a construction manager, I learned how to manage the project construction, meet the health & safety target of "zero tolerance", work smoothly with my co-workers, perform constructibility analysis prior the full construction implementation, implement construction schedule, staff the project, deliver the project on time and with the budget.
Fun WorkPlace
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2016
Working at Snc- Lavalin was a great experience for me, I learned a lot of valuable skills. I love what I did, People work hard and are successful.