SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJuly 17, 2016
Generally a quite place to work. Co-workers are great but don't mingle with each other too much. Company culture is good.
A good place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2016
Good place to work and build a career but with no long term job security. Very friendly co-workers and management. Company provides basic benefits.
Good people, very bad management
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 1, 2016
IT at SNC-Lavalin was fun until around 2003. Prior to that, it felt like a second family and people worked there because they like their collegues, bosses and their job.

After that, multiple internal IT reorganisations seeded chaos, fear and uncertainty year after year after year. Job advancement were cancelled many times, fake promotion given to 'selected few' b*tt-kissers, etc. The mood was sour, people became sour too and we worked for the money and that's it. And we are not even talking about the company's leader who frauded their own employees here. We worked tirelessly for them though and the gratitude was non-existant. Not even a thank you.

The management was bad because IT was run by people that didnt understand IT or by people that had no background in it. Promotion to people that didnt even held a College Degree and asked to manage very highly skilled people that had BSc in Enginering or Computer Science was bound to fail. And it failed too.
Pros
Ambiance with collegues.
Cons
Bad management
We were like family
Cleaning jobs, kitchen jobs (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 25, 2016
I was with a big family we used to work as a team, we used to encourage each other, to advice each other, I learn more at SNC Lavalin , They always told as to work together as a family, to help each other. I was in the healthy environment. I still miss my team. There was nothing hard, I was enjoyed each and every minute.
Pros
free meals
Cons
SNC is a great place to utilize your talents to their potential.
Manager Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
SNC management has one of the best perspectives on property management HSE expectations and methodologies delivering added value of service to its clients.

Unlike some companies, SNC management walks the talk with senior management engaging employees with executives personally performing safety activities, and holding their top team accountable for safety performance.

SNC has a large HSE contingent and a well developed HSE program. Their RFQ claims about safety expectations highly align with what they do.

I am proud to have worked there.
Pros
Management engagement theme, "we care"
Cons
Client contracts can impact employment.
I liked very much the working ambiance in SNC-Lavalin.
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  world wideMay 6, 2016
As a construction manager, I learned how to manage the project construction, meet the health & safety target of "zero tolerance", work smoothly with my co-workers, perform constructibility analysis prior the full construction implementation, implement construction schedule, staff the project, deliver the project on time and with the budget.
A Canadian Company facing challenges as it tries to establish itself globally
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed the early years of employment. As the company became embroiled in legal battles they excessively tightened/ended employee programs and perks.
Pleasure to work with Team Members.
Project Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Worked in Various Industries i.e. Hydro and Thermal Power Plants, Petro Chemicals, Oil and Gas Facilities, including Pipelines for Oil and Gas, Mining.
Good benefits, great people
Project Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
There was amazing opportunity for advancement when I started, the people were great. Lots of events, whether company driven or individuals arranged them.
Good benefits and the company is big on working with your work/life balance.
Pros
Gym, people, events, benefits
Cons
No work
Great company to work for enjoyed working with all the staff.
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2016
I enjoyed the work I did at SNC, I did various jobs there so received a lot of experience. Due to the Oil industry changes I unfortunately was laid off but I would go back to work with them in an instant. I liked the people there and and the clients that they dealt with.
Employee oriented company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  CALGARY, ALBERTAApril 11, 2016
Good company to work with. Full support from higher management on decisions.

Frequent changes in higher management leading to more efforts rquired from project managers
My work with company was very short (6 months) due to a big loss of three big proposals, which created a low work load and a lot of lay-off.
Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2016
Good work environment, good atmosphere, good professional people. Unfortunately, to much time spent in extra-social activity and less for professional development activity. Each professional leader, engineer, manager have to avoid the sintagma:
"for this project we need to use technical solution used by company in the past three (...) projects"
Each project is unique and the technology and equipment evolve.
Pros
Good professional engineers (on the group leader level)
Cons
Weak management, with less experienced managers, which determine a lot of loss in proposal area, and an unsafe workplace, pending of workload
Good Working Environment
Layout Designer/Smart3D Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Learning experience was good. Learned about the mining industry from senior designers/engineers. Management was informative about the current situation of the project. My co-workers are the best team I worked with in the project
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Job security
no comments
Analyste centre de services/Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 22, 2016
i receive about 100 calls per day and more than 500 emails and about 80 tickets from other department very friendly coworkers,always very busy ,
Great place to work.
Mechanical Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 21, 2016
Really enjoyed working there, would love to go back.
And all, are team players. Fast and exciting. Loved what I was designing , with the mining and metal team.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
None.
Projects were exciting
AutoCAD Drafting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2016
I've worked on just about every major aluminum smelter that was built in Quebec. I got to work with some of the engineering managers I've ever met. Learned some professional skills that only come with being and working with them - ethics, drive, commitment to excellence, doing a job beyond the norm. Great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Once the jobs done...you have to go on.
Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Excellent and very exciting place to work collaboratively with great management leading a great team. A high premium is placed on ethics for everyday business conduct. Management vision to become a tier-1 global engineering company well communicated through regular executive blogs. Great company!
Pros
High premium on ethics
Cons
Nil
Good company with good salary and benefits package.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
I basically handled A/P for the last 16 years at SNC.Lavalin.
For the recent five years I processed utility bills for all the Bank of Montreal branches across the country. I found SNC.Lavalin as a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.
great place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  montrealMarch 8, 2016
nice place to work, greatest job I ever had. it's a corporation that really takes care of its employees
I dont have much more to say, if you have any questions please contact me directly
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
none!
Good place to work and gain experience
Area Lead Steam Generation Unit (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2016
Worked with very experienced and senior engineers. Good working environment, get full support from the seniors when needed. Good job work/life balance and good benefits.