SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Neglected employees
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
No real training or safety essential courses were given. Expected to know your job and position first day you arrive. They have a hard time letting problem employees go. Creating animosity within the job.
Pros
Usually close to main cities if not in the city.
Cons
No training or real safety
Productive and fun place for work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC11 March 2017
SNC Lavalin is a productive and fun work place. A multi-national company that provides the opportunity to grow with the support of the top management. A lot of lessons to learn.
Pros
Free accommodation and transportation
Cons
Normal hours
very good support from mangement
SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2017
Very professional and good company. Very good team of young and experienced engineers, draftsman's. Very interesting projects and ways they are done. Very good teams.
Good
Construction Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2017
Work for SNC Lavilin has been a good experience. the salary is really good and the support staff is efficient and help full.
Camp life can be difficult, all staff like family
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 March 2017
Flights not paid was difficult
All staff help each other and support each other
Difficult being away from home at times, however the higher income helps make it worth while
An enjoyable time and good working enviroment
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
Productive and learned a lot about other types of plants, worked well with management, interacted with of level of disciplines, sorry they have no work at present in the mining sector.
Nightmarish Hellscape
Office Services Asst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 February 2017
The worst company I have ever worked for, by a country mile. Rampant nepotism, a poisonous office culture, leading to dispirited, morose employees. A prevailing atmosphere of despair and hopelessness,
Pros
Central location of corporate office
Cons
Literally everything else
Very comfortable working environment
Level-I Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
This company maintains a very comfortable working environment. Provides there stuffs freedom about their own way of working.
Great team atmosphere
Cadd coordinator Instrumentation group (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec31 January 2017
SNC-Lavalin was a great company to work for. Probably the most enjoyable was the design teams that i was involved with. The projects were stimulating challenges. The office atmosphere was relaxed.
Pros
Interesting people, interesting projects
Cons
Lack of direction on certain projects
Cared about their employees, great environment to work in
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2017
Great place to work, they cared about the well being of their employees.

Fast pace environment which kept working there interesting and challenging.

Management encouraged training when needed for growth opportunity.

Deadlines were a little challenging at times but not unrealistic.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with amazing people!!!
Challenging work, good benefits
Mechanical/Piping/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 January 2017
Given opportunity in different design disciplines to develop skills. Flexible work hours. Colleagues were always respectful and helpful when required. Most satisfying part of the job was at completion of a project where you could see what you helped design. Hardest part was balancing priorities between different projects.
Pros
Challenging and learned a lot.
Cons
Uncertainty about office remaining open.
Productive workplace
Ingénieur civil (Former Employee) –  René Levesque27 December 2016
Many different projects and learning new things everyday. People are nice and always willing to help. There are courses offered to advance oneself in the company.
Pros
different projects
Cons
It was a pleasure working with this company. We had great Christmas parties,bowling parties and some potluck lunches.
Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
I enjoyed working with this company very much.
It was very fast pace and challenging at times.
The people I work with made it one of the most enjoying work experiencing I have ever had.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
With this type of work there is a lot of work or nothing.
Some managers did not care about staffs. Only push them work and work.
Sr. CAD Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
- have learned a lot of electrical design and drafting in P&C, Telecom, SCADA and outdoor Electrical drawings from all Engineers.
- have promoted my CAD skills in Microstation from V7 into V8i and 2D into 3D modeling.
- have understanding CSA code from drafting procedures and Engineers.
- more chance to communicate with Engineers and other drafters.
- Solved practical problems and provide effective drafting solutions.
good company
SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
good to work in this place, I learned a lot in new designing fields
a lot of experienced engineers and technician, amazing IT.
Very good relations between coworkers.
Pros
learning lunches, help from more expirenced
Great company,
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2016
a great company with professional and friendly people, learned process and procedures everyday. Only it was bad that the project was ended too soon, all the team members were relocated or left this company.
An extremelly motivating work place where you have a lot of fun working
Inspection Coordinator,Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, Nunavik, Mauritania1 December 2016
A company which gave me the chance to prove what I am capable to do as a hard working guy,a company where I succeeded to achieve my goals in learning each new aspect of each position I held, to acomplish all my taks and finding all the time solutions for each kind of problems occured
Great Workplace
Manager of Project Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
Great company with great people. Interesting work and a large group of excellent resources to access for career development.
Good management but salary doesn't match with the high living expenses.
Intermediate Civil Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 November 2016
There are many kind people working in the group, and I am appreciated working with them. I learned to embrace everyone's opinion and try not to discourage their effort. Managers are very kind-hearted people, they will listen to employee's development needs. There are many coworkers that are very helpful when I ask questions. And when they encountered difficulties, I always help them back. The hardest part of the job will be maintaining my life quality with the salary that I got, I can barely pay my bills, the supervisor mentions that they cannot control how much employee got, only HR can decide how much employee can get. HR doesn't understand how difficult the employee's low pay affecting their live quality, and they will always cut down the increase of salary. No matter how much effort the employee is putting towards company's development. The most enjoyable part of the job are I can help with other coworkers to solve their technical problem and they appreciated my help. Also I am able to learn new drafting technique with company approved program.
Pros
Learning Opportunities, good managers, very friendly people
Cons
Low pay that doesn't match with high living expenses
The projects are good to work on just the company is not good or management
Health Safety and Environment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
Working there over 10 years and they upright and get rid of a lot of people anyone that was doing their job the slackers get kept and they are very judgemental on nationalities especially in western Canada and Atlantic Canada. There is no advancement and their human resource people are not good to deal with. This company prays on the disadvantaged. The top management are good but the middle and lower management are bad and the top management are not able to keep an eye on every project and project management. Seen a lot of people come and go while I worked there some even hurting big time for work and watched management lay them off and keep people who were not even doing there work because they kept there groupees
Pros
Like the projects
Cons
Terrible mismanaged company

78%