SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting and Rewarding
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABApril 10, 2015
Working in the transmission and distribution industry was interesting and rewarding.
Building healthy supportive relationships with the work crews and my construction management team were challenging and rewarding.
Working as part of an Heath and Safety Team to implement and monitor the Health and Safety Management System was a great experience.
Overall it is good, but working environment is not good.
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good Compensation
Cons: Management is not effective and effeciant.
It is nice place to work. There is a lot of over-head cost in SNC, which need to reduce. From learning prospective, it is not a good place. There is no training budget and nothing for social events.
Outstanding inviroment...
Cook 2 (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free everything.. gym, food, drinks, 3 meals a day
Cons: everyone fights politics over your job and no real work gets done.
i would do this job over and over if it wasnt so hard to get involved with the union. These guys make it so hard for you to get work...
ITs my part of my trade and skills
Carpenter 3 (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 10, 2015
I learned lot of experience on the oilfield particularly the safety of worker and my co-worker and my supervisors are good to me. The hardest part of my job is the cold weather when on win
Allows employees to excel in their field
Project Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 3, 2015
Great variety of projects, encourage employees to increase their knowledge and pursue new challenges. Respectful of employees ability to work independently.
love to work hard
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: short breaks
Cons: steady hours
I am a young hard working man who enjoys living in and working in vancouver. would be great to start working full time for a great company with a positive hard working crew
Polytics drowning all productive skills
Project Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: politics
Unless you brown nose, there is no need for things such as excellence.
see my cl and resume. Merry chrismass and a happy new year!
Positive Work Environment with ability to grow.
Executive Assistant to EVP Construction, Power (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: positive "always learning" enviornment
Cons: long commute
A typical work day consists of multiple routine tasks early in the morning and curving into afternoon training sessions and learning opportunities.
I have learned to be functional and dynamic in any role given to me in a days activities.
Working with Management and being part of a Management role has helped with maintaining an open concept functionality within the work environment.
The hardest part of the job is limiting my responsibilities, because I like to learn and support others in their endeavors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being busy within my work day.
GOOD WORKING ENVIRONMENT
ELECTRICAL EIT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Good working environment and nice people to work with. No growth opportunities and no job security. Relaxing place to work with vwry knowledgable people.
EPC company
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Energy Industries Engineering & Design (EIED) was established in 1996 by the engineering division of the Oil Industries’ Engineering & Construction (OIEC) Group- itself the main leader in Iran’s engineering and construction.
Thus, EIED carries a legacy of nearly two decades ofexperience in oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
EIED was founded to develop technical knowledge and applied sciences in the field of energy industries, mainly in oil, gas, petrochemicals and renewable energies, while moving towards a leading role in execution of EPC Projects of national significance in these industries.
EIED is a private company and a subsidiary of OIEC Group. Today,EIED is considered internationally as a highly qualified company in the engineering and design of energy industries,and is offering Engineering , Procurement ,and Construction Management Services to clients in accordance with the state of the art technologies and management systems.
Presently, EIED is an advanced quality and result-oriented company providing its services to both national and international clients.
EIED has completed many EP projects and is currently involved in several Engineering and EPCC projects all being indispensable to national industrial
development. EIED’s highly qualified and dedicated staff are driven by creativity, motivation and ambition to move forward their country’s energy industries in order to meet the twenty-first century technological challenges.
co-workers were great and contractor was very knowledgeable.
Ground Works Labourer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2015
In a typical day we would work 14-18 hours outside. I enjoyed this project very much as everyone I worked with were very involved in their trades.
A place to work
Electrical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: management
Many talented people work for this company, unfortunately the organizational structure is lacking. There is a glaring disconnect between management and the work force.

The majority of co-workers are capable professionals and loyal individuals.

The hardest part of the job is to find continuity and leadership from management.

The most enjoyable part is the interaction and support among co-workers.
Process Engineer in Training (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2015
- Learnt how oil & gas projects operate.
- First job out of school.
Great site experience
Cost Engineer (Former Employee), ExpatJanuary 19, 2015
It was a great learning experience with an experienced project team. The salary and allowances as an expat were very attractive.
Building Technician II (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: corporate vacation time / great benefits
Cons: long advancements
Great company to work for. If you are on a great team, you will be set for a great working atmosphere
A healthy and productive work environment.
Project Manager II (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility to work remotely
Cons: too much emphasis was put on the reporting and not on the quality and the delivery of the projects
Projects are typically of moderate to high complexity, risk and exposure.

My co-workers across the country deliver superior service to our client. My co-workers are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.

The hardest part of the job was the time spent on the mitigation and management of project risks.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Not a bad place to work
Administrative associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: understandable when it comes to needing time off to deal with your family
Cons: if you are not a favorite - you will be at the bottom of the list.
Management is awful... some of the managers don't know how to separate their home and work life.
Terrible Management
Administration (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJanuary 6, 2015
Always felt uneasy at work because although co-workers were great, the managers for SNC-Lavalin are awful. They don't know how to do their job and as a result, it makes for a very uncomfortable work setting. I don't miss the company as there's no stability within it. A good thing about SNC-Lavalin are the benefits they offer.
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security dependent on current project
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere.

Work is great, but dependent on projects.
Professional Engineers Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 12, 2014
Over 20th years experience as an electrical engineer in a variety of fields like: Mining & Metallurgy, Oil & Gas, Port and Marine. Experienced in planning, designing, calculating, coordinating and managing projects to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities with excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem. Solving skills and also communicate with client’s engineers to gain their trust and cooperation. Leadership skills and coordination with other disciplines, documentation skills, technicians and other team members from multiple disciplines.

1 2 3 4 5

About SNC-Lavalin

Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the – Read more