SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good benefits, great people
Project Expeditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
Pros: Gym, people, events, benefits
Cons: No work
There was amazing opportunity for advancement when I started, the people were great. Lots of events, whether company driven or individuals arranged them.
Good benefits and the company is big on working with your work/life balance.
Great company to work for enjoyed working with all the staff.
Administrative Services (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2016
I enjoyed the work I did at SNC, I did various jobs there so received a lot of experience. Due to the Oil industry changes I unfortunately was laid off but I would go back to work with them in an instant. I liked the people there and and the clients that they dealt with.
Employee oriented company
Project Manager (Current Employee), CALGARY, ALBERTAApril 11, 2016
Good company to work with. Full support from higher management on decisions.

Frequent changes in higher management leading to more efforts rquired from project managers
My work with company was very short (6 months) due to a big loss of three big proposals, which created a low work load and a lot of lay-off.
Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Good professional engineers (on the group leader level)
Cons: Weak management, with less experienced managers, which determine a lot of loss in proposal area, and an unsafe workplace, pending of workload
Good work environment, good atmosphere, good professional people. Unfortunately, to much time spent in extra-social activity and less for professional development activity. Each professional leader, engineer, manager have to avoid the sintagma:
"for this project we need to use technical solution used by company in the past three (...) projects"
Each project is unique and the technology and equipment evolve.
Good Working Environment
Layout Designer/Smart3D Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Good Compensation
Cons: Job security
Learning experience was good. Learned about the mining industry from senior designers/engineers. Management was informative about the current situation of the project. My co-workers are the best team I worked with in the project
no comments
Analyste centre de services/Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 22, 2016
i receive about 100 calls per day and more than 500 emails and about 80 tickets from other department very friendly coworkers,always very busy ,
Great place to work.
Mechanical Piping Designer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Learned a lot
Cons: None.
Really enjoyed working there, would love to go back.
And all, are team players. Fast and exciting. Loved what I was designing , with the mining and metal team.
Projects were exciting
AutoCAD Drafting Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 19, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Once the jobs done...you have to go on.
I've worked on just about every major aluminum smelter that was built in Quebec. I got to work with some of the engineering managers I've ever met. Learned some professional skills that only come with being and working with them - ethics, drive, commitment to excellence, doing a job beyond the norm. Great place to learn and grow.
Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: High premium on ethics
Cons: Nil
Excellent and very exciting place to work collaboratively with great management leading a great team. A high premium is placed on ethics for everyday business conduct. Management vision to become a tier-1 global engineering company well communicated through regular executive blogs. Great company!
Good company with good salary and benefits package.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
I basically handled A/P for the last 16 years at SNC.Lavalin.
For the recent five years I processed utility bills for all the Bank of Montreal branches across the country. I found SNC.Lavalin as a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.
great place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee), montrealMarch 8, 2016
Pros: dynamic environment
Cons: none!
nice place to work, greatest job I ever had. it's a corporation that really takes care of its employees
I dont have much more to say, if you have any questions please contact me directly
Good place to work and gain experience
Area Lead Steam Generation Unit (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2016
Worked with very experienced and senior engineers. Good working environment, get full support from the seniors when needed. Good job work/life balance and good benefits.
Productive and friendly employees.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Long Hours
The company helps me elevate my position from project coordinator to field engineer. Give more opportunity to learn new ideas, concepts and construction techniques.
Great expirience
Vehicle detailer (Former Employee), KandahārFebruary 18, 2016
Lots of fun working in KAF with them beside the Canadian Military. Pay was good but the expirience alone was worth it. Got a GSM out of it as well so that was pretty cool.
not bad
Automation Engineer, SNC-Lavalin , Canada (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
The top 10the compnay in Iran with over 33 subsideries and I like the working environment and is really good cltureand good company
Very structured
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee), Port Moody, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Not a bad experience considering how massive the Evergreen project is. The on site leadership team was top notch, I would do it all over again for sure.
Built 2 EGRT Stations
Carpenter (Former Employee), Port Moody, BCFebruary 4, 2016
It was a good job managed by profession's. I had the pleasure to work with some of BC finest Carpenter's, Safety Officers and Labour's.
Good workplace but no stability at all
Engineering Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Flexible hours, no stress while working, opportunity to grow skills, nice HR policies, benefits, etc.

Only concern is no stability at all, when you are busy on projects, all seems to be more than fine, but any bad news can reverse the things in no time.

Management should be more responsive while making decisions on terminations. Sometimes they take such a decision that they tend to terminate well skilled resources and retain resources having few or no relevant skills.

However overall this company is quite good to work with.
A full EPC firm with opportunities to learn and grow
Senior Cost Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
Reviewing of estimates, budget and schedule information

Updating of forecasts and cost flow reports

Conduct daily reviews of purchase orders invoices

Update cost and performance information in cost and accounting systems

Co-workers are very co-operative
Long time employee
Piping Design Drafting (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at SNC for a total of 4 + years. Was a great place to work and received many years of experience working on projects for multiple clients.

Workdays were fast pace and project driven.