Smiths Medical

Smiths Medical Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Angle Garza is the best manager I've ever had, or ever will have
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 19, 2014
Pros: some managers and supervisors are great, involved with charitable organizations
Cons: some managers are terrible, the pay is horribly low
Angie gets five stars, the job itself gets four stars, and the pay gets one star. I had to leave because although I loved my job very much, I couldn't continue earning so little pay for the amount and quality of the work. As I was leaving opportunities for advancement started to become available but the pay was low even for the promotions, so I had – more... to look elsewhere. – less
as a coordinator
Coordinator (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNAugust 17, 2014
Pros: rewarding to have a great team of employees
Cons: not very caring of the companys employees
Data entry for the teams daily goals met.
Making sure all areas had sufficient coverage for daily work.
Filling parts orders.
Checking quality.
Daily data entry for orders.
Training
Managing a team of 26 technicians and assemblers.
Safety checks daily
Assembler (Current Employee), Keene, NHAugust 4, 2014
The people are very nice, it was a good job for the summer.
Ive learned a lot of patience and how to work quickly but pay attention to detail. It is a very fast moving job that was hard to get used to. I really enjoyed all the people I worked with.
Hard work and Fun
Intern (Current Employee), Tijuana, BCNJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
My typical day of work starts with a Caffe in the morning, then check my emails and and work depends of the needs of the day, for example, if one of the printing machines are stop, i need to go and make it work again.

I learn how the fix a machine o how to make one from cero. Use different design programas, electronic programs, PLC programs.

I never – more... have a problem with my co-workers or management, i try to have a nice place of work, where everyone is happy and polite.

The hardest part of a job is when you start, because you don't no anything at all, and you make some mistakes, hopping that you can be fix.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay day. – less
it's a good place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Ashford, ENGJuly 15, 2014
Pros: nice office
Cons: long hours, deadlines, ad hoc requirments
It is hard to sum up what I do on a daily basis, as often what I would like to acheive in always in the companies best interest for the day. I work in finance, and a big part of the role is supporting Brazil & China, two emerging markets
Good Company, Shame they are leaving the Uk
Production Operator (Current Employee), RossendaleJuly 11, 2014
Generally good working environment, shame that the company is leaving the UK to set up overseas.
Upper management is only concerned about their bonus
Production Manager (Former Employee), St. PaulJuly 10, 2014
Pros: mone
Cons: everything
If you have given up on life it will be a perfect place for you. If you have not given up on life stay far away from this place.
good place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee), haslingdenJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: hours where good
unfortunatly i am being made redundant on the 31st of july 2014
so i would like a job in the production factorys as i have skilled cleanroom experience.
poorly managed, poorly paid
Production Operator/Team leader (Current Employee), RossendaleJune 30, 2014
Pros: clean work enviroment
Cons: one half hour break
long standing valley employer, pity it decided to relocate abroad
Great Place to learn
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), LucknowJune 27, 2014
Pros: good management
I have learned here how to excel in the surgical tendor business.
Productive, enjoy helping save peoples lives
Production/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), RossendaleJune 19, 2014
Pros: local
Cons: low wages, production moving abroad
Not a bad job, I personally enjoyed it, work can be quite repetitive, low wages also, but good holidays.
productive and fun workplace
production line operative (Former Employee), HaslingdenMay 22, 2014
Good job, very easy, had lot of fun with my workmates. Only 1 breaktime a day
my day to day work
Production Operative (Current Employee), Rossendale, ENGMay 7, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: not keen on the late shift
working with a team on line making flushes for medical kits, it is a job I take very seriously as lives depend of this product widely used in hospitals for life saving operations.
I enjoy working in a team and get satisfaction knowing we are saving lifes.
Overall a good team to work for
Production Operator (Current Employee), RossendaleApril 22, 2014
Pros: the feedback of families
Cons: the balance of work and social life
A typical day at work would always be busy but at the same time a fun place with the work colleges.

Mostly I've learn't that great team work makes the company more successful and helps the atmosphere of the place more enjoyable.

My manager I really couldn't ask for anyone better. She was very helpful and if anyone had issues then she would be very – more... approachable person.

The hardest part of the job I'd say would be the attention to detail.
Even the slightest speck of dust or fibre in any of the medical kits would contaminate the product and make it unusable.

The rewards was getting feedback of families for saving their relatives lifes. Particularly new born babies. Always made you push yourself further than you think you can possibly go. – less
Good work environment
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Great place to work, good internal and external people to work with. Collected past due dollars, reviewed and released new orders reviewed and prepared credit limits for new and existing customers.
Warehouse Operative / Production Operative (Former Employee), Haslingden, ENGApril 14, 2014
Responsible for all medical kits being prepped on pallets, working along side packing team and team leaders to insure correct cycle for different kits are put on right pallets for sterilization the hard part is if there is something wrong with the kits or documents and waiting for storages which will lead to dismounting of pallets and preparing a new – more... pallets for the load.I also will work alongside with production mangers if kits are on deadlines most enjoyable part of the job is your always busy and knowing quality and kits we produce are making and saving peoples lives in many ways. – less
Productive and rewarding
Production Operator (Current Employee), RossendaleApril 2, 2014
Pros: very rewarding knowing a person is better cause of your help
Cons: the attention to detail in each kit
The supply for medical equipment is always going to be high. So everyday was always constantly busy. Meeting delivery due dates.
The management was very hard working making sure that each department ran as smoothly as possible.

The hardest part of the job was the attention to detail. Any contamination made the medical kit unworkable. We had to check – more... for the smallest dust fibre's or any possible faults that we could find.

My co-workers made the job very enjoyable experience for me. Always willing to help – less
productive fast pasted environment
Assembler (Former Employee), rossendaleFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free bru machine
Cons: no long hours
excellent people to work for excellent people to work with great career to have
Great people, not a lot of advancement, no salary increases
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the people, the learning/advanced training opportunities
Cons: archaic system, poor system integrity, no raises
Great people to work with, a lot of training opportunities yet not a lot of advancement , no salary increases, poor system integrity.
Day to day
Mexico and Central America Distributor Manager (Current Employee), Central AmericaJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: multicultural, traveling around the globe, save and change lives
Cons: too much travel
My day to day business
First thing in the morning contact warehouses in Europe to see how many orders are we going to release and invoice in the week.

Secondly contact key accounts in Latin America and review any kind of issues regulatory, importation, marketing, clinical, or finance issues.

Last but of course not least fill reports for upper management, – more... quite often backed up with points 1 and 2.

Maybe the hardest part of my job is loosing sales and market share due regulatory reasons – less

1 2 3

About Smiths Medical

Smiths Medical's forges are primed to produce medical tools for intensive care, surgery, and post-operative care procedures. Part – Read more